What are your thoughts on Aku no hana? Anime and manga

What are your thoughts on Aku no hana? Anime and manga.

i don't get it maybe it's cuz i'm not from japan or maybe it gets better after i dropped it but i don't get it

Manga was good, I wish Oshimi would've explained Nakamura's world view a bit more, she seemed more of a plot device, especially after the timeskip.

The only Oshimi I liked. The story is quite good and some characters are interesting. The anime stops before the cool part of the story but is still ok to watch for the animation

shit

Didn't like it that much. Like most of his works, it started strong and sort of fizzled out.

It's pretty good. My... second-favorite Manga after Berserk. But it is very different. Some people don't like the ending, but the ending is actually very sensible to me.
It's a story that could have happened in our real world too. Somewhat of an coming-of-age story without a positive connotation.

I've only read manga, quite a while ago. I remember it fondly, though only the broad strokes of the story.
The scene of chaos in the classroom had a haunting, dreamlike quality to it that stuck in my mind for quite a while.
I liked how it depicted very neurotic character behavior without being too edgy. I recall easily emphasizing with MC and the dark haired girl from first half.
Overall very much worth the read.

I expected some batshit crazy killingspree to happen after the timeskip to top the almost-suicide at the festival, but literally nothing happened anymore.
Everything after the timeskip was just a way too long dragged epilogue.

Quite enjoyable as a coming-of-age story. That last chapter exploring a bit of Nakamura's perspective is still fresh in my mind a few years later.

You mean you didn't enjoy reading about a boy shave a girl's body hair?

like Naoki Urasawa, Oshimi Shuzo just can't into ending
Aku no Hana, Boku wa Mari no Naka, Houryuu Net Cafe and Yuutai Nova, all ended anti-climatic and felt unresolved, such a waste of talent

I remember quite liking this manga back in the day. Felt like it was decent at capturing the spirit of The Flowers of Evil and the author's idea about artists and maturity, normal life and irregular life were interesting.

But the ending sucked, so manga was not as great as it could've been.

Great manga, still not sure how I feel about the anime. For better or for worse, you can at least immediately tell it's Aku no Hana at a glance, but the rotoscoping is really strange.

Great manga
Best girl winning and defying the first girl rule is also a plus
It was a great ride, I am rereading it right now, I am in chapter 44 and god damn

I enjoyed both, especially the second act of the manga. Although the rotoscoping in the anime was odd, I don't think it was bad, and the manga was overall enjoyable. I'm a sucker for sad dramas.

How many of you have actually read Les Fleurs du Mal?

Everything after their failed suicide attempt sucks.

>Best girl winning and defying the first girl rule is also a plus

Ending made this highly ambiguous.

This it just feels that something is missing and incomplete

Why?

Just curious really. It has very little impact on your reading of Aku no Hana, but I've read it and its a good collection of poetry.
Honestly the mention of Les Fleurs du Mal in Aku no Hana is used as a device to expose Takao's shallow nature. So very little bearing as an actual piece of literature in the story.

Nakamura-san unf unf

The book was not really relevant in a real-world sense, but a lot of themes from Les Fleurs carry on as small little themes in AnH. The Journey, for one, is a poem emblematic of the beginning and ending chapters. Obsession is another poem that reflects Kagusa well. All manner of decomposition that Baudelaire studied and most importantly the duality between the life in the quiet countryside and the life in the city that Kagusa and Nakamura sought is Baudelaire's dilemma of being unfit to live in the boring life he was given, something Kagusa also embodies. Boredom, the need to disappear, the obsession of the artist and them as people who look ''beyond'' be it past a mountain or an ocean, even if they're looking at their own suicide, are both the heart of Les Fleurs and AnH.

So it is relevant, from a thematic point of view.

He was dreaming right? Even if he doesn't end up with best girl, he's probably not going back to Nakamura.

>watching Aku no Hana for the animation
Are you retarded? and no, it's not different and unique, it just looks horrible

It's a 8/10 show with a 9/10 manga before the timeskip. I really wish that season two would have gotten picked up and they killed them off at the festival instead of running into that shitshow post timeskip of melodrama.

God Bless Oshimi Shuuzo

He's a fetish gold mine too.

I don't think you know what melodrama is.

Yes.

Some of my favourite poems I have ever read.
Honestly It made reading Aku no Hana so much better.

Sorry guy, forced drama, some people drink on saturdays. Please forgive me.

Why are you reading manga if you aren't a social outcast?

Manga - Shit.
Anime - Funny shit.
Anime was at least interesting to watch, even though the plot was the same kind of shit.

Manga was insane.

that's to show that people mature and they don't spend the whole life doing edgy things

I don't understand the point of the story.
Someone please explain it to me.

There isn't one, it's just pretentious shit for teenage Japanese edge-masters.

Really? So the whole Aku no Hana novel thing and the dream sequence the mc was having was just for show then?
What a shitty manga.

t. brainlet
Growing up, literally.

I still really don't understand the Aku no Hana symbolism and his dream sequence near the end though. The mc seemed to be afraid of something and started to write in his dairy.

>The mc seemed to be afraid of something and started to write in his dairy.
He became able to write again. After the suicide attempt he had stopped writing and reading altogether. Before the dream he talked about writing with his girlfriend if I recall correctly, it was some kind of epiphany.

Manga was good, rotoscoping ruined the anime for me.

Manga - one of my favorites

Anime - one of my favorites, enjoyed the animation unironically

Did pic related of his get axed or is it just lazy scanlators?

Oh shit that's the wrong manga I meant this one

delusions that he isnt.

Some people actually like anime and manga and don't use them as mere surrogate for social interactions.
Mind blowing, I know.

it's shit

I'm interested...