Since God has never communicated with us and except possibly guiding evolution has never interacted with us...

Since God has never communicated with us and except possibly guiding evolution has never interacted with us, why should we base our actions based on what some humans think that God wants?
Even if you have philosophical arguments for why God must exist, that doesn't support the claims that any religion make about what God is like.

If someone on /x/ claimed to be the son of God, would you believe him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EJwhqhqBtbo
youtube.com/watch?v=OI-9iMrWRrw
youtu.be/_12kKLvJd9Q
youtu.be/a9cxby4iLxk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Identity
youtu.be/8mGSBKNXscQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Since God has never communicated with us
Nigga, do you even bible?

be honest. you're underage

Do you honestly believe that anything in there didn't just come from humans?

I've never been able to get someone who disagrees with me share their view on this.
What is it about this question that affects everyone like this?

OP isn't wrong, proof of god cannot be proved or disproved and an accurate description of a god is even less likely. Look into Jung and shit, we make the gods we want in *our* own image.

God has communicated with us.

>im God's secretary
>I know what He's done and why and what are His intentions
>trust me BOIIIIS

You're missing the point of religion, OP. The important points are not the events described by man, but the teachings proscribed by these events. While it is a belief system, more importantly, it is also a way of life. If you wish to know the answer, you should ask about the specific commandments you take issue with rather than the foundation as a whole.

Should you understand the pragmatic arguments and truly attempt to change your life based on them, I guarantee belief will follow and it will make much more sense.

this questions is always dishonest

making long term plans for human behavior based on short-term conclusions, after no personal investigation

Furthermore, God's existence is completely unrelated to your existence. If he exists, he is self-sufficient, and doesn't require your decision making. In other words, a person truly convinced of God not existing wouldn't even be contemplating this. Which means you understand that personal investigation is required.

As far as I know there is no way to investigate this.

>Wanting the internet to validate him putting his own ideas of morality over God's law
>Doesn't get he's already lost God's grace and fallen to sin

Repent young man.

I don't know what God's law is (neither do you btw) but if I knew it I'd consider it.

If you don't believe the authors were divinely guided then there is no way you could be a Christian. The Bible, and the events it records, are the bedrock of the Christian faith.

You're a fucking idiot and I'm saging your thread.

This is why you should only observe very general rules of behavior. We know we are part of the plan but anyone who claims to have detailed knowledge of that plan is either a liar or insane.

Just read the Bible. It will help you decide who is your God. Yourself or the creator of the universe.

>The Bible, and the events it records, are the bedrock of the Christian faith.
Yes.
As far as I can tell it seems to be unlikely to be true though. There could be some probability that it's really related to God but I can't get anyone to show any reason to believe it.

Athiest here, this is like a redpill to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=EJwhqhqBtbo

No I know about that point. I think religion can be useful for guiding a civilization.
This is a different discussion.

>Since God has never communicated with us
Well, well, well.

>has never

Actually he just made contact with me, I'm converted now.
He told me that you need to send me money.
If you don't believe me, you wear a fedora.

I've talked with God, user

Or, he has talked to me

>Implying not being Christian is an insult
Enjoy your life as a little servant faggot to something that doesn't exist, with half of what you believe literally being judaism

Don't be retarded, God always warn us for the coming of a new messager, and the last one was Muhammad (PBUH). I advise you to study Christianity than Islam brother, but only if you're searching for the truth.

then*

Why would god stop directly intervening and performing obvious miracles right at the point he was suppose to have redeemed mankind by sacrificing his son, preferring to let Muhammad take over?

No biblical god warned the next unifying messenger was going to be the antichrist that caused the apocalypse.

Kool Aide drinking Nigger spotted

HOLY SHIT THOSE DIGITS

youtube.com/watch?v=OI-9iMrWRrw

A Jew told me God wants us to help the Jews.

John chapter 14 verse 16:
"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever."

Gospel of John chapter 15 verse 26:
"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me."

Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 12-14:
"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is come, he will guide you unto all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me".

It is not. If you are asking why you should believe, then you have to understand the consequences of believing to find the answer, and these consequences are more important than whatever the ideas behind them are.

If the basis of your belief is some philosophical proof, then I would go so far as to argue that you don't actually believe and just like ideas with big words that make you sound smart, and I highly doubt such a basis would compel you to act on your belief anyway. On the other hand, if you the foundation of your belief is that you understand that your belief will guide you to a better life and makes you a better person, then congratulations, you understand how religion works in the real world.

>I can't get anyone to show any reason to believe it
If your looking for something irrefutable to prove or disprove God with you won't find it. This is where faith comes in.
Atheism, too, requires faith as it cannot be fully proven with the system of man's naturalistic assumptions called science.
If you don't have faith then you'll end up never truly believing that there is or isn't a one true God.

>not being a deist

>Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit
>The Work of The Holy Spirit

Those were references to the Holy Spirit, not another prophet.

Why must something interact with you in order to prove it's existence

Let's take for example something like Dark matter
Dark matter has never been directly observed and we can't identify any of it's structures
Yet we believe influences the universe's large-scale structure, the formation of galaxies, and affects the cosmic microwave background
Millions, possibly billions, of such particles pass through every square centimeter of the Earth each second
Quite unbelievable when you really think about it
But the existence of dark matter is generally accepted

So simply stating that because you don't see the effects of something then it must not exist is simply being naive
We observe so little of our universe that in a grand scale we might as well be retard monkeys

How do you define the Holy Spirit?

It's not an insult. Those who choose not to walk with Christ will simply never experience the presence of God in heaven.
If this is what you want to do then I won't try to stop you or insult your decision to do so.

>If your looking for something irrefutable to prove or disprove God with you won't find it.
I don't agree brother, let us not be fooled by those who tell us that we can't prove His existence. That's just foolish, if you are a man of science, you know that nothing can be created without a creator. This universe has a beginning, and the Being who made it is all mighty. Just meditate on our universe, on all the signs around you, you'll eventualy find His signature.

>you know that nothing can be created without a creator
I know. Its just that some men of science seem to think reality is a continuum. With no beginning and no end. The end of one universe leading to the beginning of another.
This doesn't necessarily mean the absence of God, but thats just what some people think.

>nothing can be created without a creator.
That doesn't mean everything was created.
Also procedural generation exists the creator can be purely algorithmic.
Also god is not all mightier than free will.

Christcucks are deluded into thinking that their interpretation of divinity is somehow more correct that the 100s of other interpretation without any proofs

And?
People believe what they think is true. Otherwise they wouldn't believe what they do.
I fail see to how this makes anybody more or less deluded.

A delusion is a strongly held belief that is not based in direct experience.
Does that help?

We use a small fraction of our brains. The Creator is beyond our comprehension, we still have a primitive thought pattern. Even claims of man being created in His image is vanity, we aren't anything special.

>If someone on /x/ claimed to be the son of God, would you believe him?
I might.

God communicates to who he wants, in particular the ancient prophets of Israel and certain special people, and evolution is a lie. Sage.

God speaks to those who know how to reach Him.

Does this mean you have no arguments?

Ask for the unified theory of everything. Jesus should have known it.

God made contact with an ancient culture called Israel. Think of it as alien contact only better because it is divine.

youtu.be/_12kKLvJd9Q

This.

Fuck off Achmed.

The most powerful ghost.

youtu.be/a9cxby4iLxk

it's mostly straw manning all religious people as fundamentalists, fuck off back to plebbit

Just follow natures laws. Also we got Hitler now, he's a better role model than some Jewish hippy.

How could you not fundamentally believe your entire belief system?

Well that's clearly Hitler. The Holocaust didn't even happen. He's already a legend now the world just needs to know that he was right!

Poor guy, I must have bummed you out or something.

Yeshua is our supernatural emperor and an Israelite prophet, not a "Jewish hippy." Imagine taking British royalty or a Roman emperor, disgracing them, mocking them, and then executing them for blasphemy. They would behead you. That was done to our divine king, only being more wise than men he decides to forgive us because we didn't know we were killing divine royalty.

>only possible desire you can logically determine from a being all you know about is that he created life is that he wants life to exist
>humans murder each other in his name

the eternal homo sapien strikes again

Fine but the religions been destroyed. We need something new, something that was built to fight this. I'm not saying we become Nazis but i think we need to follow his lead now. He went down like the 300 Spartans. Also what's great about him is instead of a book you got the most inspirational speaker.

Animals do that too. It's funny that we came up with gods as soon as our brains were capable of doing so.

*tip*

This.

>reading the bible literally

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Identity

This will be our religion.

youtu.be/8mGSBKNXscQ

Hitler was a good righteous man, but he lost. Jesus however won, and the Jews(Satan's children) can't stand it to this day.

Make our country what it's actually supposed to be, which is a constitutional republic. (our country is currently a plutocracy)

Fuckoff user.

>why should we base our actions based on what some humans think that God wants?

And why should you think with another state of mind than yours? God gave you a brain, learn how to use it.

>Even if you have philosophical arguments for why God must exist, that doesn't support the claims that any religion make about what God is like.

Why try to prove something that escapes our understanding, astrophysicists try to prove the existence of black holes but no one could detect a single one yet they still beleive that they exist supposedly.

Probably, but he will only be a man.

Jesus idea of the unified theory of everything was the golden rule.

Our country should be an aristocratic oligarchy.

>be recreational lucid dreamer
>frequently induce dream states
>use music, crystals/stones, incense, oils, and very recently plants
>ask God to bless the items so that they provide deep, healthy, inspirational, and meaningful dreams that help me understand myself better in ways i might not while awake
>one day spontaneously pick a piece of holly plant
>its nice looking
>leave it sit around for a few weeks, its all dried up
>read about holly plants last night
>see in traditional herbalism
>it was used after consecrating it, and was believed to enhance dreams and protect from spirits
>bless the holly
>consider for a moment after waking up that it was in some way divination or magic
>read references from the bible
>they burned, decorated, and offered as sacrifice holly frequently
>holly was said to sprout from Jesus' footsteps when he was crucified

Thank God, I think im safe.
yeah, i think it is a bit silly to worry about this stuff, and the lesson to be learned is, that in everything you do, do it with the good nature that God has inspired us through Jesus Christ, and to live in the manner that is benevolent and worthy of the grace and kindness of your neighbors.
like it says in ..The Bible.

Those two systems are not mutually exclusive you just need the representatives of the republic to be plutocrats and they are the exact same thing.

Everyone BTFO by OP and butthurt about it, face it, there's no reason to follow any religion if you believe in God, God has never shown himself to people.

I walk with God and talk with God all the time. Open your mind user. And your heart. And your eyes.

God is energy. God is Source. God is the ALL. You seem to be expecting a male form. Energy comes in ALL forms.
Those who genuinely channel interpret energy and translate into language. This ability has always existed in humans. Hence prophets.
God is everywhere if you are open to God. God is nowhere if in your mind there is no God. Both serving God and separation from God are valid.

'The Kingdom of God is inside you and all around you
Not in a mansion of wood and stone
Split a piece of wood and I am there
Lift a stone and you will find me.'

We are a vessel for the for the energy of God user.

Gtfo new ager scum

>God is energy
Proof?
>God is source
Proof?
>God is the all
Proof?
>Expecting
I don't know what to expect, I have never seen God but everyone else is pretty sure of how it goes.

The creative force is male, its the destructive form of energy that is female.

I have personally herd a voice talking to me one day at work when I was by myself. It told me to straighten out my life, or I will die. Call it what you want, but no one was around me that day, and I was in a totally empty building all by myself. It was so chilling that I left work for the day, and actually got help with an issue I had.

Since then I have began to eat better, have become fit, and quit smoking and drinking.

The point is that there is no way to prove or disprove god. It is impossible. I can say that I herd god communicate, and you will simply dismiss it.

Your experience is not mine and vice versa.

wtf? I communicate with you guys daily.

You experience all of this on your own user. No priest, no handlholding. Do you want to experience God on your life? Then you must ask for it. Speak to God. Literally have a chat and state your intent. Let God know you would like to feel the presence in your every day activities. You want to see the connection in the ALL.
Believe. Allow. Know.

And no, this isnt new age. This is old fashioned self experience. Knowing. My proof only matters to me. It was meant for me. Your proof will be for you.

At the highest levels male energy is creative and females energy is receptive. Like male and female parts. Creation and the potential for creation. Yes, destruction can be a part of this, but it is only one piece of the overall manifestation. Each of us have both types of energy within. My most focused awareness of the energy of God comes when I am balanced.

I believe in God without religion, but I don't shower it with new age terminology.

Basically, only when you are destroying everything you create do you feel like a god?

The language you use does not matter. Again, it is all energy. Resonance. Vibration. Some are in flow with God. Some are in discord/separation from God. You know the energy by the experience of it while also knowing your own fears and filters must be dealt with at some point if you want a clearer picture of reality.

Is Hermeticsim New Age? Are the teachnings of Jesus New Age? Is Gnosticism New Age? I enjoy concepts and teachings from any path or way that resonates with my own journey. I do not use labels as you do. I do not follow one way or system. I studied religions, philosophies, art, music, theosophy, cultural practices, new age teachnings, health practices, etc. I recognized the common thread in all spiritual humans and created my own way to experience it.

No. My goal is not to feel like a God. I do not seek power. I seek experience. Awareness. Balance. I am working on manifestation. It requires knowledge of all forms of energy. Focused will and intent. Imagination. Faith.

>it is all energy. Resonance. Vibration
Do you have proof? I had a series of experiences and I don't grab beliefs out of thin air because it's been proven to make God angry at me.

>experience. Awareness. Balance
Those are all essentially synonyms for power, though.

also knowledge and manifestation can be added

I don't trust religious people because god is infallible in their teachings. If that is what god wants us to believe god can fuck off right away, lying piece of shit. Honesty is an important pilar of a healthy relationship.
Then there are 100s of groups who all come with some semi coherent story like and I totally lose interest in god cause it all seems like a big fraud.

100% Agree

God is not a human who gets mad at you. You use the energy around you to attract your experiences whether or not you have awareness of it or not. That anger you felt most likely came from within yourself. We attract experiences that are in resonance with our state. This is why people find themselves in loops they do not like. This is why victims attract violence. They resonate with fear. You are attracting doubtful experiences because you are doubtful. Perhaps change your energy to that of one who is completely open and free of expectation. One who seeks truth regardless of form. Stay in that feeling and energy as much as possible and keep your awareness open to allow it in whenever it comes. Like throwing a boomerang out. Ask, resonate, wait, experience.

Proof. My own experiences will not prove the existence of God in this way for you. The proof comes when you learn to align yourself with an aspect of God that you wish to experience and then you have the experience through synchronicity or whatever, but there will be an aspect of the experience that gives YOU knowing. No proof I could offer would replace your own journey.

If you want a brief taste I would try to meditate a bit. See how your body feels as you move the energy within you. I struggle to sit still and focus sometimes, but I can literally feel it all moving through me when I am quiet and connected. It is at these times I often receive flashes of inspiration or hear words from my higher self. Blessings user.

>God has never communicated with us

Control and power are in the intent user. Also, the perception lies within the you in this case. I do not assign the same intentions to these actions in the way you think. I use my free will to align with 'power' that is not my own and that is in alignment with my perception of the greatest good(which is most definitely completely subjective). Is knowledge powerful? Most definitely. However, those with a complete lack of awareness of the existence of God can make 'powerful' moves. Hmmm?