What settings do Sup Forumsnons use for MPC-HC? My PC got wiped so I need new settings

What settings do Sup Forumsnons use for MPC-HC? My PC got wiped so I need new settings
Is youtube.com/watch?v=AKACGOIAR5g any good?
Pic related is on the video's FullHD settings

Other urls found in this thread:

lhc70000.github.io/iina/
sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't have autism so I don't waste time on this retarded shit

>mpc-hc

>good things are a scam
>effort is autism
I can tell you're doing a lot with your life.

mpc-hc is dead.

M P V
P
V

>still lacking the most basic features
no thanks

>using a deprecated media player

i-it still works!

Like what? It even has bloat interpolation.

Just play around. I just use NGU high and left it at that.

mpv thread?

#[General Settings]
vo=opengl-hq
hwdec=auto-copy

#[Interpolation]
interpolation=yes
tscale=linear
interpolation-threshold=0.01
video-sync=display-resample
blend-subtitles=yes

#[High-Quality]
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossoft
dscale=mitchell
scale-antiring=0.7
cscale-antiring=0.7
dither-depth=auto
correct-downscaling=yes
sigmoid-upscaling=yes
deband=yes

#[Medium-Quality]
#scale=spline36
#cscale=bilinear
#dscale=mitchell
#scale-antiring=1.0
#cscale-antiring=1.0
#dither-depth=auto
#correct-downscaling=yes
#sigmoid-upscaling=yes
#deband=yes

#[Low-Quality]
#scale=bilinear
#cscale=bilinear
#dscale=bilinear
#scale-antiring=0.0
#cscale-antiring=0.0
#dither-depth=no
#correct-downscaling=no
#sigmoid-upscaling=no
#deband=no

a fucking UI?

Awwww, does baby need buttons to operate a simple video player?

Isn't this enough UI for you?

MPC is not dead, it's picked up by people on MadVR forum

only thing I changed from standard is debanding and jitter reduction

You don't even need one, the OSD is enough as it is. Configuration via a conf file is a lot easier than trawling through a fuck load of menus too.

Wait, we hate MPC-HC and madVR now? What the fuck Sup Forums, I thought I told you to keep me updated on memes.

>having to close your player, find the config and edit it is a lot easier than changing it in the player on the fly with just a few button presses
the hilarious thing is that any decent player has hotkeys so there's not even a need to go through menus, but keep cucking yourself into believing non user friendliness is a good thing

>the hilarious thing is that any decent player has hotkeys

As does mpv for all the standard functions.

As for confining it, you can find decent preset settings online for different quality profiles so it takes less than 5 seconds to config after install, unlike mpc-hc which requires installation of various codec packs, switching filters and various other laborious tweaks that make installation process long and drawn out.

1 set renderer to MAD VR
2 use quality upscaling and some refining filters in MADVR settings

Gives me quite a nice 4k experience, even though it's an upscale crispen edges and filters make it better.

The OSD is more than good enough, but if you REALLY need a UI, smplayer has had mpv support for a few years now, and it's actually very decent. Only takes 30 or so MB of extra RAM while running, and doesn't interfere with the CPU in any significant way.

But tbqh, unless you want on-the-fly graphically filled playlists, smplayer is unnecessary, because mpv's OSD is full-featured.

How did you add the fullscreen button?

By the way, I'm still in 0.23, because I use both --stream-dump (because I livestream some japanese variety and idol shit from time to time, and I like to keep a copy sometimes) AND the pan audio filter (because my most powerfull cabinet is a mono guitar amp from the '90s, and if family is around or whatever and I put on music, I'll plug the amp, and the only way to output in mono is the pan audio filter), and both these functions were eliminated in 0.24 and 0.25, though they're apparently being replaced by something else eventually. But for now I'm sticking with 0.23.

But, yeah, how did you add the fullscreen button?

The fullscreen button is there by default, it does not need any special conf switch. Anyway it's pretty useless when double clic has the same functionality.

So it's a 0.26 thing? There's no fullscreen button in 0.23's OSD, or in the screenshot in the mpv page for that matter.

LOOONEPS _GNU/KEKS FUCK OFF
YOUR SHIT IS INFERIOR

>Open GL upscaling
IS SHIT
>GPU Algorithms
ARE SHIT

CPU based upscaling and filtering ARE SUPERIOR.
And also have GUI
SUCC

Why do you need a button? Just double click the video to go full screen?

I'm using 0.25. I think it was already on 0.24.

They have not updated the pages in ages (not that they need to, since it links to their repo anyway).

Is that image supposed to be making a point?

Don't need it. Just, would like it.

I'm more of an F guy anyway. But when the OSD was that semi-rounded box in the mid-bottom of the screen and it had the fullscreen button, I used it from time to time.

Oh well. Thanks anyway.

The shape of the OSC can be configured. Both versions have the fullscreen button.

Yes
It looks worse on my 4k panel.

My 0.23 looks like this.

The difference is almost unnoticeable. If something, left is riddled with scaling artifacts.

Change the OSC layout.

script-opts=osc-layout=box

They are both riddled with artifacts.
But the left one has smaller and sharper artifacts.

Do people like you actually even notice what's going on in the anime? Or are you too busy making sure there are no sub-pixel imperfections? Spending more time tweaking codec settings than actually watching anything?

Thanks, but I prefer the simple line at the bottom.

Again, I don't really need the fullscreen button. It's just something I'd like, but it's no deal-breaker.

MPC-HC is NOT dead, retards

What's the best player for mac? My laptop died and now I'm essentially using my work laptop for everything.

mpv

There is a nice mpv frontend

lhc70000.github.io/iina/

>If something, left is riddled with scaling artifacts.
>it's a fucking jpg

jesus

It's troublesome to use the mouse. I prefer to use the keyboard for everything.

>4k panel for anime
What are you doing?

I also use it for photoshop and my everyday needs.
It's fucking glorious and magnificent.

Also with all this fancy ass shit a high quality upscaled image is still better than to wantch it on native 720/1080p

And also there are movies and games, lol.

Now what are your settings.

Give your settings and i will compare

Are you even trying?

I think my MadVR settings are fucked. People keep telling me I shouldn't be able to play 1080p videos with h264/5 without frame skipping, but I don't notice any. I have an i5 2500k and a shitty radeon

This.

>not using mpv

this

Who still CCCP because it just werks here?

alt+enter nigger

> TFW actually guilty of this myself, only with settings on emulators
So many hours spent trying to make PSOne games look good, so few playing them.

For shits and giggles I took those two screencaps, positioned the second one over the second one and set the overlay mode to difference. Result on the left. The difference is literally almost invisible. If you think this in any way has an impact on your viewing experience that isn't placebo you're delusional.

Fuck, had to re-export because first version was too big. It should be this.

me

How's that h265 working for ya?

Doesn't mean shit if you're using jpg images as the source.

>positioned the second one over the second one
>The difference is literally almost invisible
Well I wonder how that could have happened.

This is literally every fucking edge on the image.

And also you can see the ringing on her cheek blush and banding in bottom left corner.

If you open the comparison pic you can see the bottom version has somewhat smoother edges. But JPEG screenshot or not, no way that's gonna be a big enough difference when actually watching this on a screen with your nose not pressed up to it to warrant a coded/player war.

Sorry, second over first one. I'm getting tired and slowly retarded.

This looks worse than default for me.

So mpv is what people have been using lately?

this

Actually i spent some time figuring out shit GNU/FAGS just wont tell you because they dont want to share the good stuff.

So i will sum it up for you so you could do this in a few minutes.

1 download an MVP build
sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/
2 Put it in a comfy folder like C:\MPV
3 Install it and set as a default video player.
4 Create a config file (god knows why but it doesnt exist by default)
mvp.conf
Make sure it's an actual .conf file and NOTa mvp.conf.txt (show file extensions and simply delete the .txt extension)
5 cpy and paste this shit in there
vo=opengl-hq
hwdec=auto-copy
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossoft
dscale=mitchell
scale-antiring=0.7
cscale-antiring=0.7
dither-depth=auto
correct-downscaling=yes
sigmoid-upscaling=yes
deband=yes
volume-max=100
interpolation=yes
tscale=oversample
interpolation-threshold=0.01
video-sync=display-resample
blend-subtitles=yes
screenshot-format=png
screenshot-directory=C:\Users\jbdbr\Pictures

When this is done you have a very snappy and nice player
good quality
Also good video interpolation that actually works OK with anime making it smoother.

this is next level autism
No matter how finely you tune your video players you're still watching low budget newshit

Don't do this it makes mustard gas.

And yes.
I case anyone here's using 4k displays it DOES matter.

Holy shit, am I lacking some kind of autist power to see an actual difference here?

>windows
Just install a real OS kid.

No you arent. The only visual difference in those screen caps are the subtitles. Outside of thats theres no actual difference around the edges anymore. The other comparisons he posted actually showed differences, but this one doesnt do shit.

Well the point is they got nearly identical but:
-MPV is much more lightweight and snappy
-interpolation (smooth motion) works better
-lines are just a little more crispy
-even less banding
-all that in a smaller and quickly running package

After all that i'm satisfied.
MPC HC is pretty much unnecessary at this point.

>The difference is almost unnoticeable
Unacceptable, get back on that conf file u shit

What is a better alternative? I was using vlc but started getting gray distortions on the screen and lagging/stuttering with no fix in sight.

>-interpolation (smooth motion) works better

Oh well no it doesnt.
Just checked again.
MADvr is still better.

Looks the same, runs smoother.

This is the argument MPV fags always use. madVR looks better, regardless of how "unnoticeable" it can be for some people. It retained sharper edges compared to the blurred outlines MPV produces.

Also the "scaling artifacts" is due to the image being a JPEG. Seriously, how desperate can you be.

Right now, madVR is barely better because of the NGU meme, but RAVU is in the works.

Dead project.

Use VLC