Dream Car General - Sticky Shift Edition

ITT we discuss what makes petrol great, new cars shit, and Teslas a waste of time and public funding.

>cleantechnica.com/2018/02/11/dream-car-millennials-men-tesla-model-s-infographic/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu(dot)be/SEUmj3RW-rM
motortrend.com/news/tesla-lost-nearly-2-billion-in-2017/
youtu.be/0woJIaHiWX8?list=PLXxOjtc-VZ8ZM2A-YxnIUHL6Bq1lHEpVA
carbuzz.com/news/mercedes-amg-just-cracked-50-thermal-efficiency-with-new-f1-engine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tesla is a dream car only for people who do not like driving, if they even have license at all (most of people i know IRL who shill tesla dont even have the license).

Diesel>electric>gas
Really no need to even own petrol powered cars in this day and age whenever most diesels get about 50MPG.
The EPA in the US is the reason why diesels are not the mainstay engine.

Watch season 2 it's goat almost like pre 2015 top gear
Nah I'm talking about literally doing skids in the dirt for 15 seconds made the driveline electronics spaz out and put the car in limp mode they tried towing after that and same thing happened

Even funnier is that the alpha couldn't even have a tow hook fitted ahahhahahahahaha
I've had no traction control or even cruise control for over 2 years now and I love it.

My daily doesn't even have abs because lol infamous shitty 20 year old ford falcon aulectrics
Boards dead me and discord fags kill it during Aussie hours

It's almost as if there's another board better suited for this non-political discussion

1JZ-GTE master race reporting in

People on the other boards are retarded anime faggots who happen to own vehicles.
There are normal people on Sup Forums. There aren't normal people on the other boards.

Not politics or news, fuck off and sage

then

Teslas are gay are dangerous, you have to be a low iq mong to buy one

This.

A few Aussies and me tried to do meet ups and discords Facebook groups but the same normies from hellbourne Queeersnosland and south aidstraya ruined it the autism from them and other busriders from /O/ was insane

There are people on /bant/?

>Tesla's welfare syphon isn't politics

Yes, it is because

>muh climate change
>muh CO2 tax
>muh gibs for (((Elon)))
>muh regulation in the automotive industry
>muh fuel consumption

Thinking to buy this 1 series 3.0 260 bhp cabriolet.

Anyone got experience?

Except most people dont realize that electric cars are way worse for the enviroment

Not a fan of the front desu

I have a better option for u

Agreed.

Pic related is much better, get one of these.

this

you've probably seen it on /o/(and I probably won't be going back for some time) but this is my 996. hopefully in the next few years, likely after uni, I can upgrade to a 997 or better, depending on how my businesses go

my dream daily is a 991 turbo s though, as well as a gt3 rs for the track

The front is M3 kit.
I like it better than stock

Still not really a fan, it just looks weird to me

The cumulative ecological trace of the electric car is terrible.
Extraction of lithium, purification, enrichment, smelting, delivery to the plant, assembling are extremely dirty processes.
I reckoned that an American SUV with V8 collectively throws out less gravel than Nissan Leaf!

Hybrid cars are the cleanest, because they are the most reliable and easy to manufacture.

Fuck the globalist scum fuck the elite and fuck the SHILLS for them
youtu(dot)be/SEUmj3RW-rM

And those on the list are dream cars? I feel sorry for those people with mundane dreams.

63' split window Corvette

speak for yourself lad

old eurocars are the bomb

The fuck is going on?????? You just made another thread you homos. Where are you faggots coming from

The old thread.

Friendly reminder autogas is the true redpill

From the world where supercharging a Tesla wouldn't be a bad idea even if it blows up.

>Dream Cars List
>Mustang
>Tesla
>Jeep
>Corvette
>Camaro

>EUROPE

I fail to see what are you talking about.

This.

Gas fuel is ecologically clean, has a high octane number and high completeness of combustion.

I think that hybrid small-sized gas turbines running on propane-butane / methane are much greener and cheaper than Tesla.

I bought this solid 70 Cuda for under 10 grand at an estate auction. It doesn't run and it isn't a 6 pack car but it does have the original 340 and manual transmission. Its torn down and sand blasted and we're working on minor metal right now.My dad had one just like it when he was a kid and he has Non-Hodgkins lymphoma and I wanted to make some memories. We plan on lowering it a bit, adding fuel injection and a 450 to 500 hp goal, adding bigger brakes plus one off chip foose wheels and painting it mopar Hugger Orange. I hope we can finish it before he checks out

BHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA, THAT FAGGOT ELON JUST LOST $2 BILLION IN 2017!

motortrend.com/news/tesla-lost-nearly-2-billion-in-2017/

(((Electric))) BTFO!

Countach was always my favorite space-ship car but for muscle car it's always been the Mustang Mach 1 fastback.
It just needs a couple of gatling guns on the side and turret on the top to complete its design

cry more it wont slow down electric

0-60 in 1.9

oh theyre just terrible arent they

HNNNNNNNNNNNNG

i came

>batteries blew up due overheating
Or
>wait 24 hours until don't charge batteries

Ferrari F40

kek

So what 0-60 is boring and they only have a 250km/h top speed

>Can't go round a track or touge street pass without overheating electrics battery motor etc
It's a one trick pony that is slower than a fucking 86 despite all that straight line acceleration can't make up shot in the corners and lowass top speed

poorfag

Then runs out of power 20 mins later. Nothing wrong with electrics, per se, The weakest link in any mobile device is the shitty battery tech'.

... and still has no soul

That's a sweet car. I wish we had more access to them in Europe. I'd love something ostentatious like one of the new Ford raptor.

Absolutely pathetic.
see

Best of luck user. Make great memories.

>0-60 in 1.9 seconds
>only does a 10 minute bridge to gantry

Tesla a shit.

unironically a '64 Impala. It's one of the few things nignogs and spics have good taste in

>using a comma instead of a period for decimal marker

>Tesla
Electric vehicles are a meme for the uneducated. The energy is generated most likely with natural gas at a far off plant at around 60% efficiency, then it is transported to the vehicle via miles of overhead cables at 50% efficiency, and then again to the battery for another 50% efficiency, and then another 50% leaving the battery, and finally another 30% in the motor. Compare that to just an IC engine that's able to take 30% of the energy in petrol. There's no comparison. Plus the energy density of batteries is far too low, plus the batteries themselves are extremely expensive and must be replaced often. The pollution and carbon footprint for electric vehicles is huge.

Impressive.
It's even more impressive that you can't get the full range while driving at conventional motorway speeds like 75mph.
Not that you would be doing those speeds, because Autopilot can't handle it.
Not that you'd be driving, because besides the meme acceleration and environmentalism, Autopilot is the only reason you'd buy a Tesla.

Survivor cars, user. Fuck this custom shit.
Original and unrestored.
youtu.be/0woJIaHiWX8?list=PLXxOjtc-VZ8ZM2A-YxnIUHL6Bq1lHEpVA

How do we get a higher efficiency out of petrol?

>The pollution and carbon footprint for electric vehicles is huge.

...yet still not as much as an ICE. The actual carbon figures for electric cars are much higher than normally quoted, but still lower than the average ICE car. The real debate is "which is more damaging, lithium mining or oil drilling?"

Ask Mercedes-Benz
carbuzz.com/news/mercedes-amg-just-cracked-50-thermal-efficiency-with-new-f1-engine

Leaving it in 2nd the whole way down the hill toward the stop sign after running it up to about 5k and then listening to it go POP POP POP BUH PEP POP BRUUUUH BLAOP POPOPOP PUPOP!

It's like fart-raping an entire block of houses.

Turbos and water injection.

Small sub-2 litre 4 pot engines running 20psi boost with water.

Just watch the new Grand Tour?

Shame it doesn't explain the engineering.

Cheers lad. Mechanically illiterate here. How would that improve things?

lmao soul-filled russian exotic when?

Been watching it m8. I get jelly at the cars you yanks have access to

Already exists.
Problem is they used dead souls to build it instead of the living.

That's what he's against. That Lada was built for the wrong reasons just like most modern electrics.

fags

The more boost (compressed air) you force into an engine the more power you can make but by increasing fuel as well. It also increaes the risk of damaging the engine.

With water injection you replace a lot of the fuel with water vapour which turns to steam in the engine. This gives you higher peak cylinder pressure (more power) while also keeping the combustion chamber cooler (more teliable).

BMW are using it in some of the M-Sport cars. They used to put WI in Spitfires.

Diesels are more expensive in the us. So is diesel itself

I honestly want a Lincoln Continental.

I have never had a nice car, and think driving a Lincoln Continental every day would be the tits.

OMG, WTF, LOL!

Alright I'm following to a degree. I thought getting water in the engine though caused it to fuck up? Of course I'm assuming BMW have done something to circumnavigate this.

*looks around*
*types quietly*
excellent choice.

A small engine is operating in a much more efficient zone during normal driving than a large engine but lacks the high end power, a turbocharger can address this and deliver high performance when necessary but retain the small engine economy for normal everyday use (which is 90% of the time) Water injection allows higher boost pressure still allowing tiny 3 cylinder engines of 1.5 litre to make 200BHP safely but return 60-70MPG off boost.

Fuck off this board with your dream car BS faggot OP

Electric cars have it place. But the people shilling it are horrible. Look what a lithium mine looks like and then tell me how green Teslas are. The best you can do to save the planet is to drive an old beater car because manufacturing a car is the worst part. Driving a new hybrid every few years is retarded on every level

You're only injecting tiny amounts of water as vapour so there's no danger. What you're talking about is hydrolocking where if the engine sucks up lots of water, like going through a river, the whole thing siezes and can donaerious damage.

I want a Continental, too, just not that one.

ill take TSI over TDI any given day.

they just use special "oil" that might be getting into the cylinder on "accident" making more power with boost. and therefore more power because its "efficient" due to the special "oil" its just anti knock agent bro.

>The best you can do to save the planet is to drive an old beater car because manufacturing a car is the worst part
There's no reason an old car needs to be a beater.
You're 100% though, keeping cars on the road for as long as possible would be the correct way to go about minding environmental impact.

That thing is all engine.

I like it.

i wish it had the wheel on the left

I have a pushbike

why does that look like a knock off Ferrari from china?

favorite car I've ever driven is an r35 gtr, wheels refuse to break.

i prefer this on

The Continental brand was made standalone for 1956. The Mark II was hand built and sold for $10k when you could buy two Thunderbirds or two Corvettes for the same price. Ford lost money on every car and closed the division after 3 years. The ad incorrectly calls it a 'Lincoln.'

Cheers lad.