Male shoujo authors

>male shoujo authors

Is this actually real or just an urban legend? Every time I've found one on MU it turns out to be a mislabeling.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bj3B7FdU2z0
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=142521
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Patalliro's author is a man.

Oh yeah, I forgot that shoujo as a genre was pretty much started by men. I should've said "modern shoujo".

Wada Shinji existed.

>filename
Alright, I'm using your thread since I said I'd repost this this weekend anyway. Here's the current draft of a chart we were working on last week. AMDD, Itazura na Kiss, and Oremonogatari are coming off unless there are objections, Red River and Banana Fish might too, and pending additions include KareKano, Toshokan Sensou, Akuma to Dolce, Karakuri Odette, Hana no Namae, and Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare, among some other stuff I'm probably forgetting. Give opinions.

Apparently he's married and has kids, too. Didn't expect that.

The dominated-by-men era was well before Patalliro, though.

>Is this actually real or just an urban legend?
Nigga what magazine do you think Oresama Teacher ran in?

There are probably more than you'd think, a lot of mangaka use a penname.

You shouldn't have removed Comic Hoshi Shinichi. Also, you should add Miyori no Mori.

Ok, ignore the first half of this.

>oooku
Shit that was funny manga. I know it was supposed to be a gender-role reversal sort of thing, but they went so extreme that it was just hilarious.
>impotent guy
>3 different girls fall for him
>they're like "it's all right, I'll just have another man impregnate me" all nonchalant like
and
>Female dominance
>Men still compose the standing army
Yeah, the matriarchy would crumble in a heartbeat.

Anyhow, your list needs some stuff by Ogawa Yayoi (stay away from their iceskating stuff), Matsumoto Tomo (especially), Robiko, Okazaki Mari (especially), Emura, George Asakura, Hiwatari Saki, and Hidaki Banri.
Some examples:
>Ogawa Yayoi - Baby Pop
>Matsumoto Tomo - Beauty is the beast, Kiss
>George Asakura - Teke Teke Rendezvous, Heart o Uchinomese!, Shounen Shoujo Romance (need to read it knowing that it's a self-parody or you'll rage)
>Emura - W Juliet, Grand Sun
>Hidaki Banri - Sekai de Ichiban Daikirai, V.B. Rose
>Okazaki Mari - & (-and-), any of their oneshot collections, Gin ni Naru
>Hiwatari Saki - Please Save My Earth (and all the sequels)

Please Save My Earth and Beauty is the Beast would be my top 2. Also read pic related (Koroshi Ai).

>>Female dominance
>>Men still compose the standing army
Forgot to add
>Men compose the army because they're just physiologically stronger
>Yet the women still seem perplexed by the absence of female sailors on the Dutch ships
>"Are your women so weak that they can't handle ship work?"
Like nigga, you're the ones that use men for the fucking army because ya'll too week. Get the fuck out.

> Also, you should add Miyori no Mori
I did not even realize that was shoujo. Good shit, although dead as fuck scans. I'll probably add it. Not shoujo, but I assume you've read Coo no Sekai? I loved that.

PSME is there already. Haven't read Beauty is the Beast, but I'll add it, assuming there are no objections. Which Okazaki would you recommend the most?

>Also read pic related (Koroshi Ai).
Already following it. It's nice so far, but I don't think I'm going to add it here.

I really like Oooku, the characters and the way it plays with history are fun.

Do you guys think that the mangaka of oresama teacher/gsnk is a man? The males in there Manga are written with personality and there's not a lot of focus on romance

Wasn't the one asking that the like 14-year-old sheltered shogun who had no clue about anything?

No way.

Izumi Tsubaki (椿 いづみ Tsubaki Izumi, born December 11 in Saitama, Japan) is a Japanese manga artist known for creating Oresama Teacher and Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun. Tsubaki began drawing manga in her first year of high school. She was soon selected to be in the top 10 of Hana to Yume Mangaka Course, and subsequently won the Big Challenge contest.[citation needed]

In an interview with Manga News in France, Tsubaki said that she was inspired from Yoshihiro Togashi and her sister who is also a manga artist. Togashi's manga Yu Yu Hakusho was the first manga she bought on her own. She became a manga artist after placing third in a contest and was approached by an editor.[1]

>Which Okazaki would you recommend the most
& is my favorite but it's 4 volumes behind and translations are extremely slow, so I don't know what the next 4 will be like (I know the end is unsatisfying but all of Okazaki Mari's are, if they even have a proper ending in the first place). Gin ni Naru (only 1 volume) is second but it doesn't have an ending at all.
I'd suggest reading their oneshot collections Yawarakai Kara and Tomodachi Ijou to get a feel for their writing.
Some Nishi Keiko manga isn't bad (like with Koi to Gunkan) but I don't think a single one of their manga is completely scanlated.

>Koroshi ai
Too bad the translations are dead

It's not like many seinen/shounen artists can draw men with personality though. I think you're looking at it inversely. I'd say likeliness to be male would be shown by how robust the female characters are (rivals in particular).
You can always tell female shounen/seinen authors by how attractive and deep they make male side characters.

>I'd suggest reading their oneshot collections Yawarakai Kara and Tomodachi Ijou to get a feel for their writing.
Alright, I'll do that and then look into & a bit, I guess.

>Nishi Keiko
She had a oneshot in that Four Shoujo Stories English-language collection, which also included They Were Eleven, so now that I think of it I could just replace TWE with that. Also gives us some Sato Shio.

It is a well known fact that there are plenty of male manga-ka who use female pseudonyms because of the stigma of male shojo manga-ka and its effect on sales numbers.

Cipher is good. Pretty gay at the start, but it's just bait kinda like Shimizu Reiko does. Then it becomes decent America/acting manga with a male lead and a romantic subplot with a tomboy.
The spinoff Alexandrite about some NY half-nigger is good too.

Oh and Shiomi Chika's manga.
>B-Eyes
>action mango about assassins
>Yukarism
>reincarnated oiran gender bender
>Yurara no Tsuki and it's sequel Rasetsu no Hana
>some rough spots involving a little love triangle bullshit, but by the time you're finished with both it's all worth it.

But which are they?

Any shoujo about ESP is automatically good.

> Cipher
Can I trust that the anime is not representative of its quality?

Never watched the anime, but it seems like an anime wouldn't be able to capture the series for what it it.

> Never watched the anime
This is not an edit.
youtube.com/watch?v=bj3B7FdU2z0

user if that was public knowledge there would be no point in the pseudonym, think about it

Yeah but I'm sure there's speculation. Maybe some info obtained by voyeurs or stalkers?

What did she mean by this?

This is written by a man and it's technically shoujo. One has to wonder why though because currently the only character that might be a love interest for the female MC is a 12 year old boy.

Does poncho fuck monocle?

Romance manga =/= shoujo manga

There's nothing between that little girl and that oyaji behind her?

>I did not even realize that was shoujo. Good shit, although dead as fuck scans.
It's easy to overlook or forget. Do you not like anything by Konno Kita?

They can't exist at the same time. The girl is the fusion transformation of the guy and the MC.

Not him but too much yuri.

Why? Little girls x oyaji are god tier.

I get that, but it's a common mistake to make since a lot of shoujo demographic works surround themselves in the romance genre. Shounen has its romcoms too and it's fairly prominent, but it's drowned out by the surplus amount of battle manga.

Something doesn't have to be a romance manga to include romance.

The reply is to a post saying that it's weird that Nirvana is shoujo because it doesn't have romance.

>a 9 volume romance about a fetish for men's backs
>written by a man
Nah

I completely agree, that's why I was asking.

How does something appeal to the shoujo demographic without cute boys or romance?

I re-read Hana no Namae and I definitely want to re-iterate my recommendations.

>Shiomi Chika
Yes. Of her manga Rasetsu no Hana is favourite.

I guess shoujo manga has more of a focus on characters and their relationships rather than being driven by plot.

With cute mascot character and comedy instead?

Mahou shoujo, historical adventure, warrior woman, comedy.
But cute boys doesn't have much to do with romance either. Even shounen has hijinks sol stuff with all female casts.

>shoujo as a genre
Shoujo is not a genre, it's a demographic.

>adjusts nerd glasses held together with masking tape

It's both.

How is shoujo a genre?

Why?

It's not.

gen·re
ˈZHänrə/Submit
noun
a category of artistic composition, as in music or literature, characterized by similarities in form, style, or subject matter.

Are you implying that shoujo doesn't describe a form and style that appeals to female readers? Target audience is form. Otherwise it would mean it's impossible for some 8th grade nip girl to draw shoujo manga in her notebook.

> shoujo doesn't describe a form and style that appeals to female readers
Not definitionally, it doesn't. The form and style of a work do not affect whether or not it is josei.

> Target audience is form.
No, it's not, not in this case. It's a marketing label. A series is shoujo if and only if it runs in a shoujo publication, and a publication is shoujo is and only if the publisher labels it as such.

> Otherwise it would mean it's impossible for some 8th grade nip girl to draw shoujo manga in her notebook.
That is impossible, unless she then submits it and gets it put it a magazine.

>whether or not it is josei
Whoops, meant shoujo. Not that it makes a difference, my point still applies.

Shoujo means girl dude. Shoujo manga means girl manga. Manga that's made to appeal to girls. Manga that's drawn in a way that is appealing to girls. Manga that has themes that are appealing to girls.
It's girl manga. You're making this way too complicated for yourself.

Nah, you're just too overgeneralized things for something that has clear cut meaning.

>made it 50+ posts into a shoujo thread without Sup Forums
Good job guys.
Anyone else keeping an eye on this?
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=142521
The oneshot was pretty good.

Whatever gaijin. It's basically like saying girl clothing can only be girl clothing if sold by a manufacture that produces girl clothing, and individuals themselves can not make girl clothing unless they're sold by a distribute. But sure, have it your way.

Are you implying you yourself are not a gaijin?

Also I'd include Mademoiselle Butterfly (Akane Ogura) and Private Actress (Michiyo Akaishi).

Thanks, I didn't know that existed.

The guy looks pretty hot.

Why do shounen manga get badass female characters that are relevant to the plot but shojo male characters are just penises waiting to penetrate?

Is Fruits Basket Another still ongoing? What the fuck happened to Liselotte to Majo no? Does anyone have Yen Press scans?

Women crave dick, it's all they ever think about.

Because you're sexually attracted to the girls in shounen and it causes you to overlook that they're just walking rape fodder and damsels most of the time.
>Twin Star Exorcist
>female deutertagonist
>stronger than MC in the beginning
>"m-muh badass shounen female is just a p-penis receptacle after all"

Guys only get harder if the girls are being all coy because they get to ravish them, girls hate a guy who isn't ready to go at any time even/especially when they tell him no.

So pretty much guys want to ravish girls, and girls want to be ravished by guys?

Then why is it so hard to find good maledom in manga?

>Akane Ogura
Great mangaka. I wish they'd finish up with their stupid gender bender series and do something historical again.

>It's basically like saying girl clothing can only be girl clothing if sold by a manufacture that produces girl clothing
Wrong, it's only girl clothing because it's made/sold/promoted with girl as its target consumer in mind. Just like how publisher and author have their target audience in mind.

>Then why is it so hard to find good maledom in manga?
It's all found in shoujo manga since nip males are herbivores.
Look for stuff where the protagonist is forced to room with a crossdressing guy or forced to crossdress themselves. Those usually have good maledom. But otherwise the smutty shoujo stuff is usually 100% maledom. They have whole fucking magazines devoted to the theme (無敵恋愛S girl)

>it's only girl clothing because it's made/sold/promoted with girl as its target consumer in mind
So amateur tailors only design unisex clothing? Thanks user.

I can write a shoujo story just fine if I want to.

How would your shoujo story go?

>Halfway through
>Male lead realizes that the heroine is unnaturally popular with large sums of attractive, wealthy, and talented men
>Uses her to catfish and rob millions from people

I'll write it like Anne of Green Gables

so what happens with a brand of girly clothing intended to be worn by crossdressers but it's actually made to appeal to guys so they will buy them for their girlfriend (male)
you know like those trap cosplay sets

>Anne of Green Gables
I've been interested in that but the MU tags for the sequel makes it seem like she's a slut who lay with many men. Is this true?

Where do you read any manufacture in my post?
Also can you show me any original doujin where they stated that it's a shounen/seinen/shoujo/jousei doujin?

>blush toward not her love interest
>leading men around by the tip
Is this how Akatsuki no Yona is?

No, you dumb nigger, that's not how it works. You think Kuroko no Basuke is shoujo?

Well see, when the doujin targets a female audience they don't call it shoujo/josei, they call it joseimuke or fujomuke or whatever

She got proposed by a bunch of people for comedic purposes. Best one was by some random farmboy who just asked her out of nowhere casually.

Except Roy who's your generic humorless bishie to teach Anne the difference between her ideal storybook concept of love and the actual love she has been feeling but she ignores.

I think magazines like that usually run oneshots? What I like are series long enough to fully depict the psychological interplay in a maledom/femsub romance rather than just the smut. I usually have to turn to Japanese fiction for that.

Unfortunately, gender bender/transvestite themes leave me cold. I like my men to be manly.

Women that make this kind of manga self insert as the MC, this way they can dominate men and have a harem, in their fantasies at least.

Shueisha should just drop the pretense, move all the legit shounen series to their other magazines and rebrand it Weekly Shoujo Jump

Why would I? It's not made for female readers, it's subject doesn't appeal to female readers, and it's art style is not targeted towards female readers.

Her previous manga bordered on female:harem though.

Under what target demographic a niche publication that catered to certain fetish like Yurihime magazine fall are?

>it's subject doesn't appeal to female readers
And yet the readership is majority female.

I said original smartass, not derivative work.

Yuri, see also yaoi.
>in b4 "it's not yaoi it's BL"
BL (and GL) are fucking content warnings at this point, not genres.

Megaton Punch

That's genre not demographic.

I don't think you understand what the word "genre" means at this point.
It's not the same as "theme" or "setting". It's a grouping of things with similar characteristics. If a manga has dyke or fag romances then those are all similar manga that constitute a genre.

Shoujo horror is a thing. Much of Junji Ito's stuff is shoujo or josei.

An ordinary high school girl gets hit by a tru-

Does she physically fuck anybody?