What does Sup Forums think of the upcoming Death Note movie? I think Dafoe is pretty gud

what does Sup Forums think of the upcoming Death Note movie? I think Dafoe is pretty gud.
youtube.com/watch?v=7mhBapcDf4k

I didn't even watch the series, but I can tell the actors are gonna fuck up their roles.

>"live reaction" channel
>complaining about whitewashing

>white actor
white washing
fuck white people

>nigger L
i like that

Good thing you have a pen.

>i like that
All I know is he better just not act like a nigger. I don't care if he's black, but I still want L, not some totally different personality.

But they self-identify as Asians. So fuck you, you racist asshole.

>Misa stand-in smokes
Dropped.

fuck off with this I do like dafoe being cast

I'm just rereading Death Note and watching the trailer makes me think that Dafoe is the only good thing about it. I don't mind L being a nigger, but I feel like it'll be impossible to pull off the same feeling manga L had, which made the reader cheer for him and Kira at the same time.

a waste of time and money for the pickiest demographic to please

This guy sounds like a cartoon character. Speedy Gonzales sounds more convincing

>cheering for Light
Calling the cops.

Light was better than the cops.

>Cops surround L and Light
>Shoot L

At least they got one character right, hopefully.

It's Dragon ball evolution all over again.
It's good news though, since marketing execs need to 'westernise' it by dumbing it down for dumb americans to understand, thereby running what makes the story good in the process, throwing another barrel of money at another flop.
Luckily no-one competent is actually trying to adapt japanese content yet. And hopefully it never happens, so they drop the whole Japan thing, since they're clearly hoping it'll be the new capeshit.

Light was an egomaniac who would kill anyone that got in the way because of "muh justice"

WATASHI WA ERU DESU, MUTHAFUCKA

He was listening to rap in the trailer.

>that one part where Light targeted niggers specifically in the forgotten chapter just for fun
Jesus Christ, Ohba, you should know better than to let Raimi in your office.

>Ryuk is just CG.
>Not Willem Dafoe painted grey.

L's personality and quirks were literally my favorite things about deathnote. I don't think I can watch this movie.

Man, that would be pretty great. But I imagine at his age he didn't want to get in that amount of makeup.

It would be fucking great to see a younger Dafoe over and out-acting every lame teen on this shitty show.

THERE WAS A FIREFIGHTTTTT

>Death Note
>Not Death Tweet

>Raimi posting on Sup Forums
I need more.

>Light not a 10/10 genius athletic bishounen

the fuck
At least negro L is sitting properly.

That's what the police does though, they act according to MUH JUSTICE. Light's an SJW just like capeshit are SJW, they don't believe the justice system is sufficient to remove the negative elements of society so they bypass them even if they become lawbreakers as well.

I bet he comes across more like a hipster just sitting differently just to be different, rather than because he's an antisocial quirky genius

>The problem with the world today isn't the petty crook or even the demented killer. The real problem lies with those who manipulate society in such a way that criminals are allowed to flourish and good people who would stand against them are shamed into inaction. The criminals you are judging are only a symptom of the real disease infecting mankind. You know who they are, those hooked-nosed kikes won't stop unless you stop them yourself.
Close-up on Light writing "George Soros" "David Rockefeller" "Jill Stein" in the note

How did this make it passed the first draft?

Will all of the homoeroticism still be present?

>At least negro L is sitting properly.
why does he sit like that?

David Rockefeller is already dead.
And why have fucking Jill Stein over any given Red Shield?

>Jill Stein
What the hell has that cunt even done besides take money and votes away from democrats?

Its like they had to put a black dude to compensate moving the setting to america and making Light white.

Or maybe he was just the least worst of all the losers who auditioned for a shitty anime remake on Netflix for whatever budget was leftover after getting DaFoe.

KYON-KUN

EL TELÉFONO

>KYON-KUN
You mean SEÑOR KYON

I dislike the part in the trailer where the notebook just drop near him. I prefer him picking it up in the middle of no one care.

>Light kills school bullies instead of criminals

lmfao

I just can't picture blacks as intellectual characters. When i think of nerdy blacks all i can recall are guys like Mad Thadd and he wasn't exactly a genius.

Go to college

>Affirmative Action
>genius

Looking forward to L drinking piping hot kool-aid with 20 sugars and grape soda.

Why the hell are they whitewashing this to oblivion yet still calling Light, Kira?

Unless the first people who discover what he's doing are Japanese it makes no fucking sense.

But I'm sure you'll spend your every waking moment telling us about that

only good thing about it
murica

>Light is a loser
>Setting is America

Are they adapting Dark Yagami?

It's shit.

Nobody's going to watch it unironically anyways

That motherfucker stole the trailer, hes probably going to steal the show.

Kill yourself

It's going to be a comedy gold tho

>you know Light you and me can run this city
>every nigger, spic, and jew wiped out in an instant, just like that
>you know what to do
I get that it was a different time but I think Raimi went too far.

I'm glad my favorite character Mello is not popular enough to be ruined by any live action.

>Dafoe
light looks like a pussy and act like one, and thinks with his penis.

>cannot do white font on black pages with current font

Not even that hard dam niggers

>L
IDK they will fuck him up somehow

this is too edgy

she's a woman and has different opinions.

I guess Libs hate her for scamming them with her phony recount scheme. Also, the third party voters in general get shit on for stealing Hillary votes.
I remember when they were trying to say that McMuffin was going to cost Trump UT, and it nearly took half of Hilldawg's votes instead

You can't have nice Death Note threads.

SPIDAH MAAAAN

He's come a long way since Spider-Man, but still attacking the heart.

>so they drop the whole Japan thing
>they announced a live action One Piece
And it will be a financial success (if only cause of its name) desu.

Right because Dragonball evolution was a success because of its name

Japan should have made the Death Note movie so that America could do Attack on Titan. Dafoe could voice Zeke in the sequel. Think about it. SnK has heavy European themes. It's clearly stated that even asians are a vast minority, so much so that for the longest time we believed there was only 1 in existence. Besides, the show itself is theatrical enough that it much more closely matches the blockbuster attitude of America compared to Japan's "film industry".

from what?

>Japan should have made the Death Note
They already made one.

Why do americlaps have to ruin everything

Japan made one and it was a huge success

>Anime Live Reactions

Kill yourself.

Also, yes. Dafoe is gem in the upcoming pile of shit.

What if I told you that bieber got one scene in it. Which character user?

>shilling your reaction video
Kill yourself.

How the fuck are they going to make any proper adaptation of death note in an hour and a half?

Fuck whatever about the characters not being Asian, fuck whatever about L not being L, fuck whatever about the dumbed down westernization. THEY CAN'T MAKE A GOOD MOVIE OUT OF DEATH NOTE it has to be a fucking series, there's too much to cover even in just Ls arc alone. At first I thought this would be a series and maybe they could do am okay job as a western adaptation but once I found out it was going to be a fucking movie there was no saving it.

That movie was trash.

>How the fuck are they going to make any proper adaptation of death note in an hour and a half?

Yeah, that's my biggest problem with this adaptation, it's not a series, instead they decided to make it into a 90 minute movie, how the hell are you going to cram the entire plot of Death note into such a short amount of time.

Granted they probably won't, it will just be the L arc with a different ending. I'd be surprised if they tried to fit Near in and if they did it would just make the whole thing a rushed mess.

Even then just all stuff that happened in Ls arc is too fucking much so it's still going to either feel rushed or shallow as fuck. L is probably the best character in the series and this movie isn't going to do him any justice.

Well, yeah It was. It's a japanese blockbuster after all. But they eat that shit up.

>every live action movie is trash
Ftfy

>any live action adaptation of another form of media is trash
Ftfy

Good shit. What's good ab out this is that they didn't tried to do a 1:1 adaptation even with the characters. It's never good when you try to do a 1:1 adaptation.

No. It was actually very good.

>drinking piping hot kool-aid
I've meet no nigga that do that and I'm in the south
>with 20 sugars and grape soda.
That's redundant.

>All I know is he better just not act like a nigger. I don't care if he's black, but I still want L, not some totally different personality.
Hate to break it to you but the L in this movie is detective by day, underdog rapper by night.

He's clearly a weeb and Light is going to be more /r9k/ than the Redditor he was in the anime.

This Light looks like a bullied loser who turns his newfound power into punishing his perceived wrong doers, so he is in fact more reddit than ever

Did you see any niggers in Attack on Titans? At best there were Turks and Jews.

I want to see a swimming lesson at the end.

Youtube comment autists also pointed out that Shiningami were forbidden from interfering in the decisions of the human world. Dafoe was straight-up egging Yankee Light into killing passersby in bizarre ways at their first meeting. The real Ryuk only explained why he was present and some technical matters. Light instead killed at midnight to satisfy his own curiosity.

To be fair, I imagine Ryuk was written that way because it's Dafoe.

Only good thing from this will be death note related raimiposting

>listen to me, we all hate niggers but someone is killing them without doing any paperwork and we have to stop him

I expected some changes but this is ridiculous, Raimi and Ohba.

I'm looking forward to it being good.

I liked the Japanese Death Note live action movies.

You use the channel from some spic who complains about whitewashing and has shitty dragon ball videos

They were pretty good just for condensing the story down to what mattered, and having an alternate ending far superior to the manga that ended it when the manga should have

>nigger L
hmmm i wonder if you're baiting

ayo hol up, u be sayin death note is real??

L : eating watermelon instead of sweets

It looks like pure shit.

The guy that was talking in the video is a retard though. He talks about white washing yet says it is "okay" that the story is just borrowing elements from "Death Note".

But the whole point of Death Note wasn't the Death note itself or even the shimigami, the point was the psychological aspect to it and Light himself.

Maybe the trailer was just trash? But from what I can see in the trailer the "atmosphere" of in this western version is just wrong. It feels like your typical edgy 2010 Esq bullshit that are spewed out nowadays.

Death Note should instead focus on being a psychological thriller and keep the actual mystical aspect of the Death Note book itself to a minimum.

That said, I don't care about them not using Asian cast, but why did they choose such uggly people to play the main cast? Only one that looks okay is Dafoe himself, but the CGI they use on him looks arguably worse than the one used in the Japanese movie. instead?

>muh white washing
>watches cartoons about white people drawn by japanese people

>>muh white washing
Retard also talks about how he loves diversity and loves that L will be portrayed by a black guy. So apparently he has not problem with the cast not being Asian (shouldn't that be Japanese? Or does that guy really believe that the Ugly Asian Americans actually look Japanese?) as long as it isn't white. So would that guy have been okay with the entire cast being black?