I can't be the only one who thinks this series is incredibly overrated right?

I can't be the only one who thinks this series is incredibly overrated right?

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-06-01/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series-2017/.116861
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-06-23/top-selling-media-franchises-in-japan-2017/.117939
myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1639469
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-06-01/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-volume-2017/.116863
myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1620822
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-30/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-volume-2016/.109353
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-29/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-volume-2016/.102637
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-05-31/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-volume-2015/.88772
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No way, seriously? Nobody?

it has its ups and downs. but tbqh, its very predictable. gets boring after a while.

Art is pretty confusing. At least Bleach and FT had clear drawings.

It's the current fad shounen.

It's not overhyped if the anime itself is hype as fuck.

i like it, every part with all might makes me feel 7 again

>overrated
Whenever people use this term it becomes more about them than the reception of the product itself.

No, there are plenty of contrarians in the world.
You're definitely not the only one who dislikes popular things because they're popular.

It's a well made action shonen, despite the school setting. I don't hear people praising it as the next coming of christ so what's the problem?

While i personally would never use the term overrated, i do think it's one of the worst shonens to be made. The artstyle is fine and the concept idea is neat as well, but the story is written by clichees and "how to write a shonen story for idiots". It's almost like the author has a checklist of what a shonen has to do and just follows through them one by one.

It can't be overrated though because it's a media for the sake of entertainment, and it entertains a lot of people, meaning it does exactly what it was made for. Is it quality art? Surely not, but that does not matter on how it is rated.

Academia is new Nurutu.Threads should be banned. Filled with fujoshits and normalfags.

>i do think it's one of the worst shonens to be made
Read more manga

It's literally just a way of comparing your opinion of it to others'. I don't see why that ticks people off so much.

Nah you're right. It's this generation's shounen. The predictability of it is what kills it. Despite understanding the cliches of shounen they just repeat it anyway. That doesn't stop it from being entertaining though.

Why are you people comparing it to Naruto and shit? Saying it's this generation's shonen?

Are you even aware that shit like One Piece, Dragonball, Boruto are still going strong?

Overrated implies that you believe that the series shouldn't be liked as much as it is therefore you're not criticizing the product itself but the people who praise it.

i am 32 years old and have been into anime and manga since i was like 8, at which point you were probably not even born yet. So i do believe i have read enough shonen and not-shonen to be able to say "it's the best/worst ever"
don't get me wrong(which you will obviously still do), i am not saying it makes my opinion right, but the complain that i should read more manga is factual wrong.

What? No, you're expressing an opinion about the product. However good common opinion says it is, you're saying it's not that degree of good.

You really do need to read more shit if you truly believe this is one of the worst shounens ever made. That is a fact.

You know, repetition doesn't make anyone believe you more.

> Dragonball, Boruto
Monthly manga (and DBS in an irrelevant magazine) that sell much less than BnHA.

>you're expressing an opinion about the product
You haven't expressed an opinion about the product though. Saying something is overrated isn't saying anything about the product just what you think of its reception.

> However good common opinion says it is, you're saying it's not that degree of good.
Actually that's what you're saying. You haven't explained why you believe it is "overrated" to begin with.

If out of all shonen you claim to have read/watched this is the worst you're either deranged, spoiled (only exposing yourself to the better stuff) or you haven't exposed yourself to much shonen at all.
So your opinion doesn't hold much weigth.

I think people who use the term "worst ever" without explaining why don't tend to be taken seriously.

So what if it's currently the hottest shit? Did you compare Attack on Titan to Naruto as well?
Just because Hero Academia is currently popular doesn't make it the current equivalent of Naruto or some shit.

do you know how many shonen manga exists? It's almost uncountable. So "one of the worst" could still mean there are 100 just as bad or even worse ones.
And yes, some might have better art or whatnot, but Academia is just that bad in writing. When i said he just goes through a checklist of clichees, i meant it. Though that is something you can only pinpoint after having watched countless shonen yourself, which you two apparently have not. Either that, or you are just into waifuing the girls and don't want to admit that a series where your waifu is from could be bad.

>without explaining
i did explain, you just choose to ignore it because you didn't agree to it. Which is fine, but that i haven't explained it is just a plain lie

I don't mind it, but I wish Oomagadoki Zoo wasn't canned. Animal have superpowers built in and are are inherently cooler than capeshit.

So basically you have no reasons other than I say so and then defend yourself by accusing me (and everyone else ITT) to not have watched/read as much shonen as you or waifufags.

Wow, you sure sound very mature there, champ. Better take your word on the matter.

You're saying a series is the worst ever because its cliche. Congrats your logic dictates that everything is the worst ever.

So you're just a contrarian attentionseeker? Ok then.

no, because it is ONLY clichees. That you can't see it makes me want to say YOU should watch more shonen.

>So basically you have no reasons other than I say so
no? Why are you people ignoring entire arguments?

I stopped when the tournament ended. Everything after Deku v Todoroki was super lame. Did the show get interesting again?

Nah it's great you jaded fuck.
Stay mad.

I think its well made than most stuff but it drags on with scenes/moments taking too long and there are too many characters this early to care about. If my memory serves, Naruto was just beginning the Chunin exams and you only really followed Team 7 and just started to introduce other cast. I liked that pacing.

>Why are you people ignoring entire arguments?

Your arguments are
>i'm 32 years old
Irrelevant.
>i don't think it's "overrated" but it is one of the worst shonen ever made
Not only does this statement contradict itself (since you claim something popular is one of the worst things you've ever seen in shonen) but you don't know what "overrated" means. With this statement you either admit to possessing a wrong opinion on the subject or you don't know what overrated means, which is it?
>academia has bad writing because it's a checklist of clichés. this is something only someone that has watch countless shonen can dictate
This is not what bad writing is, nor have you elaborated on these clichés, nor have you explained how the presence of something cliché makes something bad. You also confuse cliché with what you recognize. If you dumb things down everything is a trope or cliché because nothing is ever truly "original" so if someone had exposed themself to all media ever then everything would be cliché (following your line of reasoning).
There is much more to say on this, but the fact of the matter is you have said very very little and it's pretty clear that you yourself lack the confidence to back up your own statements, which makes it a waste of time to reply to you since you're simply a lonely and bored +30 year old that wants attention to the point where they would sit and shitpost for hours in a thread like this.

So nah, unlike you I am actually mature enough not to bother.

For some reason, perhaps because people found in it a good sustitute of Naruto, it has become very popular in the West. In Japan is not that popular

>In Japan is not that popular
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-06-01/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series-2017/.116861

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-06-23/top-selling-media-franchises-in-japan-2017/.117939

Its a solid shounen.

maybe a little over hyped but definitely not overrated.

Only underage retards rate it more than 7
. It's popular but certainly not overrated.
Speaking of overrated, why is Asspull X asspull is rated more than 5

>animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-06-01/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series-2017/.116861
Those are cumulative sales, because all the volumes had an increase in sales because of the second season of the anime, but the last volume of the series, 14, sells 530,000 in its 6th week on Oricon: myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1639469

What there is to take into account are the sales by volume at the end of the year. For the moment the first half is: animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-06-01/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-volume-2017/.116863

As I said, it's popular but not that popular. In the West has become incredible popular,to the levels of very popular series, but not so much in Japan.

You're an idiot

Not him , but why

>Those are cumulative sales, because all the volumes had an increase in sales because of the second season of the anime
The list it cut off in April. The second boost didn't take effect until May.

>In the West has become incredible popular,to the levels of very popular series, but not so much in Japan
Your dumbass do realize that mist manga in Japan do not sell haf a million per volume right?

Damn bruh you blew him the fuck out.

Don't worry OP , it will be forgotten after a season or two. Unless they have the same amount of fujoshit as AOT who will keep these shitty threads alive

People only look into the total amount of the series not per volume also thr sales counted ate from November to April before the boost. I would love to see your criteria for popularity because manga ate lucky to reach 500k per volume unless you're from Shuiesha

There has been 24/7 threads since before the first season began

Depends on what other people have been telling you about the series.

It was sold to me as a mangaka's love letter to cape comics with endearing characters and art in general. So far it has been just that

>The list it cut off in April. The second boost didn't take effect until May.
This list covers sales surveyed from November 21, 2016 to May 21, 2017. : animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-06-01/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-volume-2017/.116863

>mist manga in Japan do not sell haf a million per volume right?
The most popular sell close a million or more, because of that Boku no Hero, yes, it's popular, but not that popular in comparison with those series. But in the West it has the popularity of those series close a million or more because of some reason

Normies love the action and that's all that matters to them. It's the most generic thing ever otherwise, but it looks good. I like All Might tho

Yeah
Konosuba also had the same amount of threads and look what happened after it ended

>This list covers sales surveyed from November 21, 2016 to May 21, 2017.
ANN fucked up. The original link states the cut off was in April and even taken the numbers themselves don't include the boost including releases in May. Try again.

>The most popular sell close a million or more, because of that Boku no Hero, yes, it's popular, but not that popular in comparison with those series.
Only two ongoing manga series sell a million per volume, are you seriously this retarded or just can't admit you have no idea what you're talking about?

>Konosuba also had the same amount of threads
No it didn't.

>The most popular sell close a million or more,
So only OP and AOT

>ANN fucked up. The original link states the cut off was in April
From Animelist is the same: myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1620822
It has ALWAYs been until the 3rd week of May, because of that it's the first half of the year. 6 months. The yearly list is until the 3th week of November.
Stop being in negation

BNHA is currently airing, good looking, generic shounen so it's no coincidence it's popular and highly praised in a community where shounentards are the majority.

>From Animelist is the same:
>Animelist
Kek

>So only OP and AOT
More than a million:
One Piece
Attack on Titan
Hunter x Hunter

Close to a million:
Haikyu!!
Tokyo Ghoul
One-Punch Man
Kingdom
Silver Spoon
Yotsuba&!

For example, the last year, already with its first anime season since April, Bolu no hero was surpassed in sales by:
One Piece
Attack on Titan
Hunter x Hunter
Assasination Classroom
Haikyu!!
Tokyo Ghoul
One-Punch Man
Yotsuba&!
The Seven Deadly Sins
Kimi ni Todoke
KIngdom
Kuroko's Basketball Extra Game
Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto
Detective Conan

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-30/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-volume-2016/.109353

This years the second season of the anime of Boku increased even more its sales, but just around 100,000 copies per volume or so, so I doubt that it will be in the group of the series close to a million per volume at the end of the year. Well, we will see.

Top-Selling Manga in Japan by Volume: 2016 (First Half): This list covers sales surveyed from November 23, 2015 to May 22, 2016
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-29/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-volume-2016/.102637

Top-Selling Manga in Japan by Volume: 2015 (First Half): This list covers sales surveyed from November 17, 2014 to May 17, 2015 animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-05-31/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-volume-2015/.88772

You're right, but it isn't something that should be 100% dismissed.

The mangaka has a true passion for superheroes and it bleeds out in all the characters. This is the first time the superhero genre really connected with japanese audiences, and you can really see why.

I also like how much emphasis he puts on hands, believing them to be one of the most important aspects of a drawn character's emotions. I thought that was pretty interesting.

Yes it did

This

Got'em

>Close to a million:
Not a million. This is an arbitrary set of rules you made up because you were butthurt

>by volume
If anycase youre still wrong because there's thousands of manga that get published every year and you managed to list not even half of it.

All battle shounen are bad. Watch real anime and read real manga, sweetie.

>Hunter x Hunter
Comes out infrequently so its not even a factor.

>close to a million
Is a worthless arbitrary factor that can range between 500k to 900k, you just chose to exclude MHA for some reason.

>by volume
Manga sales aren't tallied per volume but combined total volumes hence why adding HxH which only has one volume out every three years makes no sense and according to the years total here its in 6th place. So it looks like you're wrong on that accord.

And thats also wrong since the total amount won't be weighed until the end of the year, you just pulled those numbers out your ass.

You referenced the same site with wrong infomation congrats

It does the simple things extremely right IMO.
Midoriya really cares about the world/universe and that makes his motivation realistic and relatable, All Might is perfectly over the top and an amazing fun character and Todoroki's development from was really well done.

Also a full cast of best girls.