REMINGTON FILES FOR BANKRUPTCY

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-12/cerberus-s-remington-will-cede-control-to-lenders-in-bankruptcy

Other urls found in this thread:

militaryfactory.com/smallarms/detail.asp?smallarms_id=305
prnewswire.com/news-releases/remington-outdoor-company-announces-restructuring-support-agreement-with-creditors-for-a-comprehensive-financial-restructuring-and-145-million-of-new-capital-300596970.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Serves them right. Ever since Cerberus purchased them, they've been going steadily downhill. You're literally better off getting a fucking Norinco 870 clone than a modern Remington.

Pretty much. Older Remington's are nice though. My 870 from the very early 90s is pretty comfy.

Someone will buy them and hopefully make actual guns that aren't the epitome of trash.

I guess they needed Hillary to win to keep gunfags scared and buying their products.

>Cerberus

there is the problem, they just gut companies and than throw them away

"The bankruptcy is a blow to the private-equity mogul Stephen Feinberg, who has been a prominent supporter of President Donald Trump. Feinberg’s firm, Cerberus Capital Management, acquired Remington in 2007 and subsequently saddled it with almost $1 billion in debt. The Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing will let Remington stay in business while it works out a plan to turn around the company and pay its creditors."
Of course the kikes killed Remington

I have pic related.
It works pretty good but the finish is worse than my chicom shit and will literally rust if you bring it out on a damp day and don't wipe it down with Hoppes

>Freedom Group / Cerberus

They deserve it to be honest

This, and their ammo, too. Had not one but two misfires from their Core Lokt centerfire ammo this year. Never had one before in 20+ years of shooting. Destruction of a great American brand.

>Shoot Remington Thunderbolt
>The wax coating literally turns your barrel into a smoothbore

America can't make guns. Just look at their shitty lines of pistols.

Bankruptcy doesn't mean what you think it means.

You mean like the Colt Peacemaker?
>go eat some shit

>colt peace maker
>made 150 years ago.
>the model 3 was better.
>the British Bulldog was around then, more common, and a better gun.

Lay off the Hollywood goyim.

ah yes, the ubiquitous 'american' line of pistols

I want to buy this. Thoughts?

CZ are alright. Go for it.

>bulldog was better
nigga you literally dumb

>be Private Equity
>by company
>take large loans in company name to pay yourself "management fees"
>strip company of assets to pay off loans
>can't pay off loans (too big)
>declare bankruptcy
>profit.

Modern Remington. They are shit.

Expensive, Heavy, and quality. Buy one.

Sad that a company responsible for perhaps the most aesthetic hunting shotgun ever (pic related) has been kiked.

Not surprising. Remington sucks ass these days. Mismanaged to all hell and shitty q/c.
Fuck 'em.

militaryfactory.com/smallarms/detail.asp?smallarms_id=305

>the pistol that actually won the west.

Do it faggot.

I love mine

The last asshole to use a bulldog was Custer, and look how that ended.

Excuse me?

The Police version of the 870 is still okay, if you're so inclined

I would literally rather buy turkshit.

(((Feinberg)))

And?
If you knew a god damn thing about guns you'd know that this is pretty damn common for arms companies
How the fuck do you think Colt got the AR platform?

To be clear, it's the Cerberus kikes that are taking the hit here. Ownership will pass to the company's creditors (a different set of kikes, no doubt), who will be incentivized to keep it running.

>Cerberus

There's your problem. Cerberus is cancer.

>No mention of the Stevens 520/620, the best takedown shotgun ever made
Who made that image?

same shit that happened with star kist tuna, jew bought them, sold them, bought them, sold them again but this time too fucking chinks.

How fuckin inept do you have to be to run a great firearms company down the drain.
Just make cool fuckin guns and still them. People will buy that shit.
Where's my fuckin 10mm lever action?
There. How hard is that?

He was just one of many.

>shit made 100 years ago that fudds care about.
Come on nigger. America can't make guns. Hi-point, Jennings, Jimenez, Bryco. All shit.

If you want a quality handgun you get a European gun.

glock isnt even american made stupid nigger

As opposed to the great Catalonian firearms industry...

Browning literally mentored many European students on gun design. Many of those European guns feature a browning action.
The American gun market sets the pattern for the world, always has.

if its so easy why dont u do it ?

>he doesn't know that Catalonia is a meme flag

Cerberus is the EA of guns. Btw the norinco clone does shit on the remington, fucking sad when the chinks make something higher quality than you

Yeah that's what happens in the competitive marketplace when a company never innovates and their quality control goes to shit. Other than the model 700 rifle and the Model 870 shotgun, Remington has no other reasons to exist.

Remember this abortion of a gun?

My grandfather left me one of those in his will. It's fucking gorgeous.

Metal guns are badly underrated in the present world full of Glock clones. Buy it bro.

It makes you wonder "why?"if you're not going to do something well then why even attempt? Show Remington wanted to get into the concealed carry market. Awesome. But at least try.

That actually looks cool. Like something James Bond would use instead of a Ruger.

Don't forget about the Gamemaster series. My 900 model has survived 3 generations of abuse, and the blue is still perfect...the engravings are still crisp, and the wood finish is still solid.

Its a shame really, but all good things end eventually.

Gun industry is doing terrible. Lots of losses, expect to see more bankruptcy.

We lost our best salesman when trump got elected.

I have an sp01. Polish a couple of internal parts and you got a gun yourself a real fucking sidearm. I ccw mine. Its huge but tucks well once you get use to how to wear it. Ive never had anyone notice it.

>ccw
>19+1

It feels powerful

Straight bankruptcy, not bankruptcy protection. I smell a hostile takeover was in the works.

But . . . I wanted a Marlin Model 60 . .

Bait? Tell the truth. By the international rules of Sup Forums, if you're called on your bait you have to own up to it.

R51 was actually kind of interesting, lot of people got their hopes up with it.

Too bad most of them are going to end up in police evidence boxes like their 380 subcompact and heavy as shit 9mm glock clone.

It looks like it's a Chapter 11 with RSA in place with a majority of the term lenders, so they should be fine:
prnewswire.com/news-releases/remington-outdoor-company-announces-restructuring-support-agreement-with-creditors-for-a-comprehensive-financial-restructuring-and-145-million-of-new-capital-300596970.html

We are on the verge of civil war.
I heard blacks are buying guns like crazy
You even got the left buying guns

I wouldn't blame Trump.

>I guess they needed Hillary to win to keep gunfags scared and buying their products.

It's not that as much as they specialize in boomer Fudd products, which nobody is buying anymore. See Harley Davidson.

What part is bait

Check out the EAA Witness

James Bond uses a Walther and the R1 is ugly as hell where's the ppk is sex that smells like gunpowder.

Marlin being sold to Cerberus group was one of America's greatest tragedies
Their lever actions were amazing.

>Europoor firearms
fucking hell you faggots literally can't make anything

As opposed to say, Star, or Llama? Spic guns are shit guns.

A few niggers and Antifa buying a couple hundred guns between themselves isn't going to prop up the gun industry. There's an obvious slump, and Remington has had shitted the bed with several products. They're a shell of a former company, living off the 870 and 700 when the market has become saturated with cheaper and better alternatives.

Hahaha your right I meant Walter instead of Ruger, however I think the R51 looks kinda futuristic and sexy. That's just probably me.

Very Sad. I have an 1100 from 1975, 3 870’s in 20 gauge and 1 in 12. My favorite is a plain looking 722 with a custom Mauser action in .257 Roberts. Don’t know where to turn now. I always made fun of the poor fags that bought Mosberg shotguns.

What the fuck did you say there buddy? What about all those fucking FN licenses the US bought? What about your beloved M249 SAW? What about your beloved M240? What about all the SCARs USSOCOM uses?

>Don’t know where to turn now.
Buy more old and dependable guns.

I've heard nothing but praise for them from /k/, so take that with the skepticism it warrants.

Pistol fags lol
If your a mutt and your ancestors didn't have one of these sitting above the mantle, your probably not here to complain about it.

I suppose it's a case of to each his own. But if the Walther PPK where a sorority girl, I get her drunk and giggly, lead her up to my dorm room, lock the door behind us, and do things to her that would make her parents ashamed. It's that sexy to me.

Wingmaster's were nice too. Beauty in simplicity.

Remington is a part of American history. It's making sad seeing them in the state they are in today.

s

Ruger is just so much better, but I only have CZs and a CSA VZ58

A Star works. Despite being made by Basque subhumans. Unlike the Saturday night special shit americans crank out.

Again bringing up someone who lived 100 years ago. Browning might've taught Europeans gun design but they've since left america in the dust with those lessons learned.

Meanwhile America had design by committee ideals for guns leading to the wrong kinds of rifles for the situation at hand. Coupled with generals meddling in weapons designs.

The civilian market isn't much better. Focusing on making the same shit for decades because that's what fudds wanted.

It's 1990's cutting corner corperate culture that is fucking American gun companies over. And many of them are getting by fine around it. You name Remington as an example of a shit American gun company, but you don't say anything negative about Savage or Ruger
>inb4 bill ruger

If you want a .22 to plink cans or squirrel a 10/22 or a mark series pistol is okay. When you want a serious gun you look elsewhere.

Savage went to shit in the 60s and is sort of kind of getting its shit back in line.

When American gun companies are left to their own devices they get sloppy then bought up and gutted. Like the American auto companies post ww2. They kept releasing the same car just with a slightly different body each year. Then when the gas crisis happened and Japanese cars stole the market they realized they've been fucking up for years. This led to a rush to 'get modern' when led to shit like the pinto, dart, and gremlin.

Meanwhile other countries are fine tuning their craft making more efficient and reliable items while americans are still going forward with overweight, underpowered, committee designed shit.

Same with guns. Their whole marking is 'your grandfather used this, your father did to, so you should as well.' Just with cheaper construction and lower standards. Boring ersatz shit that nobody wants anymore. If they actually kept their ears to the market they wouldn't be in this position. The dinosaurs are dying and thank god for that.

>shit made 100 years ago that fudds care about.
some of that shit made 100 years ago is still in us service and performing fantastically.
M2 .50 BMG as an example.
cops around the world still use the Hi Power. Browning designed Winchester rifles are still being used to take game across North America. the 1911 is probably the most popular steel framed handgun in the US

modern production US guns are mostly AR-15s which are fine, but [i dont think] tasteful

>There. How hard is that?
not hard at all. but this was the plan since the beginning. buy a company with a fantastic track record and great brand.
then suck all the money out of it. they literally dont care if it fails.

>Hi-point, Jennings, Jimenez, Bryco. All shit.
first off, Hi-Points are not shit. they are cheap, ugly, and blocky [with a heavy nig cult following] but they are perfectly serviceable pistols and the company has one of the best warranties on the market

and you conveniently left out Ruger, Smith & Wesson, Winchester, Henry, Browning, and the litany of boutique gun shops that only make a few extremely nice and high dollar guns a year

>hi-point
>perfectly serviceable
A gun is serviceable if you would trust your life to it. I would NEVER EVER trust my life to a hi-point and probably 90% of people with brain cells would say the same

I agree with you on the other point through

the FN MAG and MINIMI are good guns, but you must admit the SCAR is just a modern AR 180

>This goofy fuck from Krakatoa or wherever the fuck talking to Americans about guns

>When you want a serious gun you look elsewhere.
like a Ruger American?
> If they actually kept their ears to the market they wouldn't be in this position
the big seller in the US market is the AR-15

hi points are absolutely shit guns are you fucking kidding me? They are pot metal bro. Serious shooters will absolutely laugh behind your back if you are shooting one muchhhh less using it for any type of serious purpose.

>forgetting the hottest meme of the cold war

i recommend you watch some hi point torture test videos

How is Cerberus still in business?

Remington dropped the ball on quality control and their remington 700's have been dogshit. if they simply fixed that issue they would be fine. But everyone who was thinking of buying a 700 was turned away and told to get a tikka or a savage instead.

This. Remingtons are consistently reviewed as pieces of shit that are both unreliable and full of lemons. Tikka makes fantastic guns for cheaper than remington shit. This was bound to happen.

you are talking out of your ass. cheap? yes. ugly? yes. low capacity? yes. uncomfortable to hold and use? yes.
but they work. you cannot disprove this

by sucking the life out of profitable companies

That is interesting. I wonder which of their primers they are using for that ammo.

Remington primers and percussion caps are known for their reliability.

I just bought a Shield am I fucked? Is Smith and Wesson next?!?!