Why aren't prisoners forced to work?

Prisoners are the scum of earth, and at the same time are parasites.
Why shouldn't they be forced to work to produce something for society?
I'm not talking about gulags work style, or concentration camps, just regular work where they produce something instead of leeching off the general population.
>inb4 muh human rights
In any decent and intelligent society they would be forced to do something. They are literally a drain on our society and we're giving them free food and free shelter.
>pic not related

Other urls found in this thread:

loc.gov/rr/program/bib/ourdocs/13thamendment.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

At some point most Prisoners (not the highly dangerous ones) are allowed to work a little bit.
We don't let them work so they have to reflect on their life because of the boredom.
When you can work for 12 hours and the rest is sleep and eat your time is far faster over than waiting until anything happens

>I'm not talking about gulags work style, or concentration camps
But that's exactly what you should be talking about.
Why not have homeless people do regular work instead of prisoners? That way you could prevent them from committing crimes.
Criminals should be put into work camps until death but that can't be done because muh human rights.

Prison labor is not as cost-effective as regular wage labor.

Niggers are lazy, that's why.

I have no issues with this as long as they're given healthcare / regular checkups.

Homeless people are just a cost of society.
In my country they get at least 450€ cash every month, a place to sleep and food and they still beg for money.
They are addicts (drugs or alcohol) that will trash anyplace they life in.
Gulags will work on them, because they would kill themself within 48 hours

Most of them are one or more of the following:
1) Illiterate
2) Borderline retarded
3) Sociopathic
4) Come from 2nd, 3rd, 4th generation dysgenic welfare program which selects for non-working

She looks like every Finnish girl I have ever met.

Fair enough.
Gulags for both. Why do people support the idea of rehabilitating an ex convict is beyond me.
>he paid his dues
Killing can never be fogiven. Same goes for buying drugs and supporting the drug cartels and them killing people to expand their territory.
Gulag or rope.

>Same goes for buying drugs
>Gulag or rope

Its economically more viable to rehabilitate person to society. Otherwise all that money spend on prison, courts and education would go to waste.

Work release is a thing for those that qualify.

>be prisoner
>walk off job
>go home
>sheriff knocks on door
>shoot sheriff in face
>sheriff kills you

Happened here. This is why you dont allow animals out of their cage.

Nailed it. They'd have to crack whip to get any real work out of any fuck head prison fish. And that would trigger advocates or lovers of the ni ... (Blazing Saddles Bell !)

As long as they are paid minimum wage. Otherwise it just promotes corruption and suddenly magistrates paid by prison corporates are handing out 10 year slave-labour sentences for j walking.

they usually do or they get ad seg or other disciplines

the only people who don't work some kind of job are mentally ill or sick physically

Prisoners are forced to work, dumbass. It's even in the Thirteenth Amendment:

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, EXCEPT AS A PUNISHMENT FOR CRIME whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Jerk you ruined the delusion

We could create a place similar to alcatraz. But it would be a small city. Prisoners would work to build things at less than half the price that taxpayers are buying said things now. This would introduce them to work ethic and discipline. If they fuck up, their punishments would be brutal. In fact, they would have to sign paperwork before they come to the place that they waive any rights they may have that protect them from these punishments. This would not only boost the economy, but it could have a better chance of reforming people. Not to mention it would be self sustainable

Well, I'm not from the US, so it looks like it's different here.
What work are they doing?
I never heard about it.

Many do, in work-release programs or in what is known as prison industries. They m typically make street signs and license plates.

They should reflect while suffering not getting bored...

You don't consider bum-rape hard work?

Boring people to death was decided as a humane punishment for crime. Work alleviates boredom. Towards the end of sentences people are usually allowed to work a little.

Because muh democracy, muh freedom, muh liberalism

Yeah I hate those things too.

>impose draconian laws
>swell prison labor
>replace all industries with forced labor
>free people can't find jobs, must steal to survive
>get caught and sentenced to work in prison clean room producing computer chips
>get good at job, get framed for murder of shitty employee
>life sentence producing microchips
>warden/production supervisor leans forward, smiles and rubs hands together

Prisoners should be sold as slaves to pay reparations for the part they damaged
Thats the old good way
There is no reason to keep these beasts locked sucking tax money

Because it's more expensive to get them to work than to hire illegal immigrants.

I think constant work could serve as a way of rehabilitation.
Being relegated to do nothing but to think will probably make you resent society even more.
At the same time it makes you disciplined, which should be expected in any decent society.

>Criminals should be put into work camps until death
So, do you work them to death during, or after their appeals? Perhaps we could just shortcut the entire legal-shmegal think and recruit OP to decide to gets to die in the Gulag.

>Killing can never be fogiven. Same goes for buying drugs and supporting the drug cartels and them killing people to expand their territory.

So, what's the line between the death-Gulag and a regular prison sentence? Tell me Lenin-San.

Because what do you do to them if they refuse to work ?

Put them in prison ?

Because that's practically slavery.
Better question is why aren't convicts with no chance of rehabilitation or guilty of heinous crimes just shot and dealt with quickly and painlessly?
Why keep someone alive and stuck in a 2x2 cell for the rest of his life?
Isn't that ''cruel and unusual'' punishment?

they are you idiot. part of being in prison means you have to take up a job. thats the way it is in america at least.

There are many positive schemes for prisoners growing vegetables, baking etc.

I think they can even do degrees.

We need to free the non violent weed offenders immediately.

Honestly, there's 2 major reasons.

1. Force labour gives prisons an insensitive to get more prisoners. Which means they might corrupt law enforcement to make as many arrests as possible.
2. Slave labour competes with local businesses. Why pay out of your ass for workers when prisoners can do it without much pay? And if given a fair pay, what sort of punishment would be left?

I think Scandinavia has the best solution. Fix em, retrain them, get them back out. Criminals are 90% of the time desperate sobs, not "evil".

>recruit OP to decide to gets to die in the Gulag.
I actually advocated against gulags.

Where do you live good Memeflagian?

Here prisoners are the only legal slaves.

loc.gov/rr/program/bib/ourdocs/13thamendment.html

>I got a plan, hear me out.
5 year prison camps.
Put them in groups out in the middle of nowhere w GP tents.
Make them build a small town over the first 2 or 3 years.
Make them operate it and do some education for the remaining time.
Sentences over 5 years get rolled into the next start up.
>Inb4 what if they get out
Fucking shock collars idgaf
If they get too far, fuggit make the thing explode.
>the benefits
Each prisoner gets out with a trade, the equivalent of a 2 years education and with any luck, a newfound appreciation for civilization.
Housing prices drop.

>Criminals are 90% of the time desperate
White criminals, maybe

i think they do menial work

Because most prisoners are black, and liberals will chimp out when they see gangs of black prisoners being forced to pick cotton for free.

Prisoners do work you fucking retard. For-profit prisons benefit greatly from free labor provided by the state

My uncle in prison, he a good man, got screwed over by Jews and masons

American prisons are already treading the fine line between prison and concentration camp

I have made this same case. Kidnapping someone, and sticking them in a box until their body finally gives out due to natural causes is ridiculously inhumane, compared to just killing them.
Also, it's expensive!

>Isn't that ''cruel and unusual'' punishment?
No, it's not unusual at all.

Yes. They should be forced to grow their own food at least and if they don't then they starve.

They does tho

Who do you think fold all those McD paper bags?

Incentivizes putting people in jail for the wrong reasons, which is going to end up getting reflected in the justice system and through legal policy.
If it was going to be necessary then the prisoners would have to keep the bulk of the product of their labour, that's the quintessential exchange at any level of society.
In a traditional society perhaps married men would be forced to work, with the money sent to their wives and children (unless a case of infidelity could be made or whatever), and other prisoners being given the choice to work.
But a prison being private or putting prisoners to work to line their pockets with the product is not conducive to functioning society.