Ohhhhh Ive got 20 acre and you've got 43

Yeovil man here.
I think it's time for a west country thread!

What don't Americunts and the cucks in westminster know about our land?

Looks comfy.
Post some photos and paintings.

Blackdown Hills here

here you go
this north of Taunton on the map

my gran spent her last 20 years near there always loved visiting there

St Austell checking in.

I'll start with a question to a yank:
Did you know cider is an alcoholic drink in the UK?
I hear it's just used as the name for apple juice over there

No apple juice is another name for sugar.

So is orange juice

Depends upon how long we let it sit before we drink it! Fresh, it's cider...slightly fermented, its hard cider...

forgot to mention I was also recently paid in a 2 gallon jug of cider for an odd job hence this thread

They don't know where the keys to my combine harvester are.

Hello, West Country.
North East checking in.
Your cider is unparalleled, your pasties not so much.
Lovely part of the world, though.

I always invade England here in Hearts of Iron because channel control is fine but the AI stacks divisions in Dover and Portsmouth. I've always imagined this is largely farmland on a narrow stretch crossed by waterways with no major channel facing deep water ports which would actually be a logistical nightmare for the invading German army to push out of. How do you think defending vs. an invasion in the west country would have gone for the British Army/Home Guard on a scale of The Battle of New Orleans to Burning down the White House?

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
cornich and devon pasty will always surpass greggs slice

Wales representing.

Yeah, fuck Greggs.
A shame upon my people that shall ne'er be undone.
I'd rather have a pork pie, to be honest.

there are actually a fair amount of good ports in the west country.
Even if the direct channel ports aren't an option Bristol will alwasy be since traversing the paninsular isn't exactly hard
I've gotta admit i am a sucker for a good porky pie

In my area at least (midwest, where we grow shittons of apples) the cider/juice difference is whether or not the liquid is filtered.
Juice is clear, cider is cloudy, and of course the taste is a bit different because of that.
Fermented apple juice is called "hard" cider, and is usually artificially sweetened to taste like vodka and apple juice.
Dry ciders are uncommon, not widely liked, and strictly the domain of "craft cideries".

so there are no cider apples there then?
Thats quite interesting since here most apple trees are effectively in-edible due to them being cider or cooking varieties

I'm sure there are orchards that grow specialized varieties but generally we just use usual edible varieties for cooking.
I don't think I've ever seen "cooking apples" in a store and I'd never even heard of "cider apples" until I took up fermenting.
In this country I don't think there's much market for cider since all the ones that have national distribution taste so sweet (and are perceived as high calorie even of they use artificial sweeteners) that they aren't popular with men or women.

I always invade britain in CK2.
I was wondering what women make the best concubines. Celtic or Anglo-Saxon?

Good to hear cider apples are still used for your ''hard cider'' deffinetily the better choice!
Im not really suprised about the cooking apples being hard to come by. The only difference between them and normal apples is that they make you sick if you eat them raw and they're less sweet (not really surprising the setttlers didn't bother taking them)

My ancestors are from Bristol

Go fuck yourself

>Yeovil
My ma saw 10 people go at each other with hammers and tire irons on her way to slimming tonight. Why is your town full of savages?

saxon or early norse definitely.
New research suggest early celtic were blacks from Iberia

Sleepin cider and fightin cider op

Bristol is probably much worse than my own so no offence see:
its chronic unemployment mixed with reduction in moral standards from the only industry in the town being arms

kek'd I didn't mean this as an insult to Bristol originally but since im drunk.
fuck you you god damn paki/afro fuck!

>I always invade britain in CK2.

Shame you lot fucked it up in real life eh

nice

How different are Devon and Cornwall?
t. Decendent of a wealthy Devon lord

pretty different they have different languages and Cornwall makes less cheese

>implying Yeovil is much better

My dads side of the family lives elsewhere now. My great grandfather was born there and thats where my dads family comes from. I ain't no paki you fuckwit. Go back to your sheeplove cunt

I was originally gonna type Bristol is better but I typo'd since drunk so fuck you you paki bastard

is it true that cornwall and wales are the only places with real britons and everyone else is saxon and dane rapebabies?

Breton in france has some celtic Britton population

That's a load of shit from "progressive" "scientists."
It's bullshits. Englishmen(And I'll use this to mean England + lowland Scotland - Wales and Cornwall) are maybe 15-30% Germanic, depending upon the region, with the Southeast having the most. Also, the Germanic of, say, the Danelaw and the London area are different sorts. Some bits of odd Roman or Norman are also thre, but not more than a percent a person, on average. Most Englishmen descend mainly from pre-Anglo-Saxon populations, who themselves were mainly the same as the population from before the Celts proper moved into the Isles. Also, the more "Celtic" parts of the British Isles still have bits from Germanics, like Norse ancestry in the Sodor area, or just DNA from odd Englishmen who moved around the Isles way bak when.
By and large, the British are a very close genetic group, including the Irish.
Englishmen really WUZ Kang Arthur's men.

How much do you have to pay to the London jew?

Not if you have a masterbater juicer

that's mostly wrong the romans and early Saxons effectively genocided the Celts so all 'True English' are Saxon.
You're pretty much an outcast if you're a Celt even if you were related to the O.G* settlers

*(I'm not a negro just thought i'de try it out)

it depend on how much Germanic you have in your blood generally unless you're related to a noted Nazi it's percentage of Nazi blood / 6 million x 1
pretty good rate for Europe desu

I didn't realise if you put 0 0 in your post you got a free desu

0 0

I didn't get it

I posted a ten in 10 format and got a free desu

maybe I'm just too drunk

>What don't Americunts and the cucks in westminster know about our land?

It is largely irrelevant. I'd bet that I am probably the only person in my town of 15K that even knows anything about Cornwall. 99.999% of Americans probably couldn't tell you a thing about any of the counties in England let alone anything about Cornwall specifically

alcoholic cider has been rapidly increasing in popularity in the states in the past decade or so.

A lot of cider orchards were chopped down during Prohibition where it quickly lost its audience. Which to me is funny because it was somewhat iconic in culture abd history(Johnny Appleseed and various other frontier stories).

you just told me no-one knows about west- country culture and that it is increasing in popularity
git educated
(cider is the west country fag)

You do know that the entirety of the West Country isn't Cornwall, right?

ohhhh arrrrr tat'sa a gud poin' mattey

also good get

Stroud here; this is one of my favourite trees.

Enjoy your incest wanker. At least you admit Bristol is better

fucking good tree
as if a yank could know our rich sheep based culture

Well I as an Americunt can at least recognize the names of my local towns there. Pic related is our Taunton. Yours seems a bit nicer I’ll admit.

you're damn right it was the capital for a while during the unification of Briton

Proper comfy.

you probably wrote t b h with no spaces.
that always gets changed to desu
proof: desu

my zero went awol
I already knew of the one true desu

been from plymouth and west down the coast. real comfy place. there is nothing like devon cream.

I have lived in Dorset for a year. Been to Hampshire, Devon, Cornwall, and Wiltshire. Definitely my favorite part of England.

By the way, most English in colonial America were from the Southwest hence names such as Plymouth, New Hampshire, etc.

op you seem to have made a mistake on your map, youve included cornwall

I was working on the roof of truro cathedral a few weeks ago

I'm bored.