After having watched 750+ shows/movies I've reached the conclusion that the only genre that pre 00 anime excels at are...

After having watched 750+ shows/movies I've reached the conclusion that the only genre that pre 00 anime excels at are mecha and to some extend scifi. In every other genre they are completely outclassed by shows from the last 17 years. Hell, even in mecha they somewhat are since Fafner Exodus is hands-down the best mecha show to have ever been created, so the only reason pre 00 anime can compete in that genre are movies such as FSS, Macros DYRL, EoE and Akira (for scifi). While I prefer the older artstyle, I think we have to accep that anime has been at its peak for 17 years now.

Urusei Yatsura is pretty good. I wouldn't say that the Slice of Life/Romance Comedy genre hasn't seen a better one, but still I can't get enough of that wacky premise, the shotmaking, and the music. Especially the music, I'm addicted to their OST.

>h*ck

What's so good about Fafner Exodus compared to other mecha anime?

shit bait.
>ex-drivers
>riding bean
>Gunsmith cats
>Big O
>gun Buster
>Patlabor
>Jin-Roh
>city hunter
>Etc

I mostly watch/care about slice of life anime so I agree with OP. The peak of that was 2007-2013 or so.

What is this list supposed to tell me? There isnt a single show/movie on it that could realistically be considered to even be a contender for the peak of its respective genre. Also, did you seriously just list Batman and Goonbuster as good shows?

Ecchi and hentai of the past > That of today
Old adventure and children's shows/World Masterpiece Theater > That of today
Old shoujo and magic girl > That of today
Old films and OVAs > That of today

>Vlcsnap
>blog
underage bait

I am using mpv. Filename doesn't necessarily mean that the person took the screencap himself silly.

Films and OVAs are not a genre, genius. Shoujo is a demographic, not a genre and while I conpletely hate mahou shoujo I bet that most people will claim that Madoka is the best of its kind. As for children shows I cant really comment, but then again something like Madoka-chan is just as good today as it was back then.

>madoka
Obviously meant maruko-chan

Whatever you say, digital animation still sucks dick

>most people will claim that Madoka is the best of its kind
Probably because that's all normalfags on Sup Forums, Reddit, and MAL have seen.

Imagine watching more than 750 anime and still having such shit taste.

>implying he actually did
He just made up a bullshit number to bait people into replying. It worked.

Why arent you providing examples of shows/movies that are the peak of their respective genres (that arent mecha/scifi) instead of name calling? Oh right, because you cant.

>name calling
Please learn English before you post on Sup Forums.

Gimme a tl;dr version.

Magic girl is one that definitely can't be argued against. Even if you include Madoka it is still completely dwarfed by just the 1990s alone. Sailor Moon, Saint Tail, Hime Chan no Ribbon, Card Captor Sakura, etc are way better than anything modern, easily. And the best ones of 2000s are the oldest ones.

My english is good enough for you to understand what it is I am talking about. Besides, it seems fairly retarded for some half bread american nigger to call out others on their linguistic skills considering the fact that you subhumans speak less than a single language on average.

>historical/drama
RoV
>sports/romance
Touch
>sports/drama
ashita no joe
>comedy
GTO
>psychological/thriller
Perfect Blue
>sci-fi/adventure
future boy conan

wait a minute why am I spoonfeeding you again?

>it's not copypasta

>Fafner
And into the garbage your opinion goes.

>>comedy
>GTO
Ha.

Not OP, but Fafner is pretty great for contemporary mecha.

It's funny, user.

>>historical/drama
>RoV
Hyouge Mono utterly outclasses anything in the historic genre. So do House of Five Leaves, Sennen Joyuu and Mushishi (some consider that historic for some wicked reason)
>>sports/romance
>Touch
Arbitrary genre combination. Sports its outshined by Ippo or Pingpong, take your pick. Technically even CrossGame. Romance by WA2, Nodame, Todoke and TgK.

>>sports/drama
>ashita no joe
Another arbitrary combination. See above.

>>comedy
>GTO
No point in arguing this because of how "subjective" the genre itself it.

>>psychological/thriller
>Perfect Blue
Another arbitrary combination. As for psychological Lain is better, but since thats pre 00s as well I guess I'll have to retort to Steinsgate and Monster.

>>sci-fi/adventure
>future boy conan
Another arbitrary combination. As for adventure Conan doesnt even come close to stuff like Tekkon Kinkreet, Katanagatari or Mushishi. As for scifi I already stated that pre 00 anime completely dominate that genre. All youre doing is combine random ass genres and then claim that theres nothing that rivals it. Fairly retarded.

>750+
The bare minimum to be allowed to post on Sup Forums is at least 1000+ TV series watched. See yourself out.

None of this is refuting my post though, it's like you can't even point of the specifics of each anime I posted for the categories. You're literally just naming shit that is also in the genre I gave.

Also
>arbitrary combination
Nigger you asked for genres and I gave you them, and to be honest when I combined them I am implying those are the best for both.

>gives you answer to your "peak" of anime question
>muh "x" doesn't even come close to "y"!!!!
Also, what the fuck nothing is better than RoV, why do I doubt you've watched 750+ anime?

There have been no good real mech shows (not counting shows that occasionally feature robots) in the past decade, save GBF and maybe Thunderbolt.

>literally just naming shit
You mean like you did?

>and I gave you them
Let me combine mecha and sports, fairly sure the best show of that combination will be from the 00s since there only gonna be a handful of them in total. Besides, you cant unironically believe that Touch is even a contender for best sports anime and that Conan is for scifi.

Nice attempt at same fagging.

>You mean like you did?
Except you literally asked me to name shows, so I did?
>you cant unironically believe that Touch is even a contender for best sports anime
Uh, yes I can? It unironically IS Adachi's greatest achievement, and also the most popular sports TV show of all time (would've been manga too if it weren't for Slam Dunk).
Cross Game doesn't even come close to Touch, and if you honestly think that you're blind as shit.

I can't watch Fafner because Hiraiface triggers my autism
What am I missing?

>asked me to name shows
I could have laughed off your post and not provided anything in return instead but that would have been rather silly since the shows/movies you listed arent bad, they are just outclassed.

>most popular
Guess we can wrap this up and crown some shounen as the pinnacle of the medium, then.

>blind
I mean if we go by visual prowess then CrossGame is definitely better since it has better animation. If you cant see that then its you who is blind. But that shouldnt really matter to a romance.

>FSS
>good
Yeah, the movie where the glorious, beautiful mecha only shows up at the end and ends the fight in 30 seconds and the rest is the boring mary sue doing nothing

You just called Steins;Gate a psychological anime. Your taste is questionable to say the least.

Modern "slice of life" is of course a complete joke compared to older slice of life/drama such as Heidi or Akage no Anne.

>Hyouge Mono utterly outclasses anything in the historic genre.
What is Rose of Versailles. Hyouge Mono isn't really that historical.

>they are just outclassed
It's funny because everything you've listen doesn't point to an "outclassing" of sorts, at all.
>popular
I only referred to its' popularity because it actually coincides with quality this time. Most anyone will agree Touch a huge cornerstone of cultural significance in the sports or romance genre.
>visual prowess
Why are you being so literal? I obviously meant in terms of story, character development, and direction.

>You just called Steins;Gate a psychological anime. Your taste is questionable to say the least.
Thats the general classification of the show. Are you going to question the genres that certain shows officially belong into now?

>Modern "slice of life" is of course a complete joke compared to older slice of life/drama such as Heidi or Akage no Anne.
What are Aria, Flying Witch, 3gatsu etc. Even if we ignore all the moeblob shit Akage or Naki Ko are still hopelessly outclassed.

>>Hyouge Mono utterly outclasses anything in the historic genre.
>What is Rose of Versailles. Hyouge Mono isn't really that historical
An overrated pile of dogshit. Also good job at trying to ignore genre affiliation again. What is it this time? You dont acknowledge the fact that its based on feudal Japans Sengoku era because Sasuke makes funny faces every now and then?

You still aren't specifying what's wrong with any of the shows. Saying RoV is "overrated dogshit" doesn't exactly make for a good argument, user.
Also, I have a feeling you haven't even watched RoV if you're genuinely calling it dogshit.

>muh 1232 anime meme
There are barely 200 good anime, nobody has the time for that shit

Your existence is a fucking meme.

Can't we all just agree that there are really good anime in every genre both before and after the year 2000?

Yes and no, there will always be Xfags who will defend their opinion until he or you gets bored.

>750+
I really wish people with sub 1000 anime didn't have posting privileges.

Calling a show overrated isnt the equivalent to calling it bad. RoV is dog shit though because the historical aspect is laughable at best. The presentation of the french revolution and the public oppression that caused it is hardly even brought up. Its more of a shoujo that plays in a past setting than it is an actual historical show. The focus in on drama, romance and the viewers being somewhat guilt tripped into feeling empathetic for the oh so poor noble. There is no depth whatsoever to the historical aspect of the show, it just used the french settings as a visual device. Theres more melodramatic bullshit than actual historical references or storytelling. On top of that I think that the show also looks like shit but thats just me. Hell, fucking LotGH has more actual historical background due to properly referencing WW1, and most of all Prussia and the German Empire, than RoV. And that show isnt even classified as part of the historical genre.

>750+
That's cute. You're allowed an opinion at 1500+ newfag. Fuck off now.

Anyone claiming otherwise is retarded. The only bad new trend is a lack of OVAs because the bubble economy burst, and the prevalence if CG to cut corners.

>the public oppression that caused it is hardly even brought up
Wait what, is this bait? Did we not watch the same show? Do you not remember the accordion player, Rosalie, and all the fucking revolutionaries?

The entire fucking anime was about the French people's struggles. The drama/romance aligned with the plot, at it's core only existed because of the political turmoil.

>guilt tripped into feeling empathetic for the oh so poor noble
Ok, now I KNOW you haven't seen RoV. You can stop talking out of your ass.

>watching non mecha/sci-fi anime
Literally autism

Prove me wrong, you either watch everything because you are too autistic or you just have shit taste

>The entire fucking anime was about the French people's struggles
And not to mention, the narrator literally reminds you of this every single episode. The entire anime is build up to the revolution. Everything that happens with Oscar, Andre, Antoinette etc. is all consequence of the French people's suffering.
The show goes to lengths to show how Antoinette was ignorant and frivolous. I really don't understand how someone could make such a shallow interpretation of RoV like this unless they hadn't seen it.

"Psychological" is a made up MAL genre. Steins;Gate is as psychological as Yuru Yuri.

>What are Aria, Flying Witch, 3gatsu etc.
Worse and less realistic shows.

>because Sasuke makes funny faces every now and then
Yes. It's a comedy in a historical setting. Anime in general is not very good at historical dramas about Japan's own past. It's outclassed in every way by Japanese live action films.

>made up MAL
It isnt. It generally refers to psychological thrillers. Now what is and isn't part of that genre isnt really up to you to decide.

>less realistic
Absolutely irrelevant since this isnt western theatre. The term slife of life in regards to anime isnt the same as the one that is used for arthouse kino for example, otherwise the entire genre would be dead since none of the modern shows are realistic. Youre once again desperately trying to redefine genre affiliation.

>a comedy in a historical setting
Then RoV is a shoujo romance in a historical setting. Hell, that fits that show even better than calling Hyouge Mono a comedy considerin that the vast majority of the show is about dialogue and the lack thereof. The amount screentime that is taken up by Ssasuke making funny faces is incredibly minuscule.

>kino
You need to go back.

>Then RoV is a shoujo romance in a historical setting
seeOnce again, the romance and drama is literally all a by product of the actually revolution which is at the forefront of the entire series, even if it's not so obvious in the beginning.

I am not gonna bother to argue with someone who turns the opposition stating that the aristocratic v. peasant conflict hardly being touched into pretending that the person claimed that its not addressed at all. You also completely missed my point, but I am not surprised since you think of yourself as someone who can simply redefine genre affiliation at will and ignore what a show is generally regarded as part of. If Hyouge Mono, with its minimal amount of comedic elements, is a comedy in a historical setting then RoV is a shoujo drama in one, plain and simple. If you ignore the historical references and overall plot development that is based on actual event in one show you have to do it for all of them. Cant have it both ways.

>There is no depth whatsoever to the historical aspect of the show, it just used the french settings as a visual device.

They actually explain a lot of stuff that is historically accurate. You're mistaken.

Anime peaked in 2010 with Star Driver

Magnetic Rose.

Discussion over.

the word is cringy, sweatie

you have to be retarded to think that Ippo is better than Ashita no Joe