Is there any shonen that even comes close to Hunter x Hunter?

Is there any shonen that even comes close to Hunter x Hunter?
>no obnoxious characters (though gon can be SOMETIMES). This is where naruto/FMA/One Piss fail.
>Well thought out detailed very interesting super powers
>Intelligence wins over mindless powers, detailed and interesting battles
>Well thought out situations (greed island/ants/hunter games etc) with no OP
main characters or plot holes (where i.e. SAO failes miserably)

HxH is not perfect but seriously the rest of these types of shonen didn't even come close for me.

Ok I don't usually reply to these threads but I'm feeling generous today.

>Is there any shonen that even comes close to Hunter x Hunter?
Major is easily the best shounen out there. Not that you know what shounen means but whatever, there you go, thank me next week.

>Major
Ìll thank you next week

O

MY

no

The setting, the world they live in is kind of boring and there are too many traps.

It's good, but a little uninteresting at times. As far as the popular shounen battle genre goes I'd personally but One Piece ahead of it.

There are a grand total of two traps in the manga and they aren't major characters.

RUBBER

jojo is better

Are we counting or excluding Pitou?

kurapica is a reverse trap

Only in the 1999 version

>no op main characters
O

your fanfic isn't reality

OP
Jojo
Naruto (not shipuden)
Hajime ippo
SNK
Bleach
Pokémon X and Y
My shit
Your waifu
Your taste in anime

>Pokémon X and Y

The MC's power is being able to punch hard. Not to mention OMYRUBBERNEN and that shitty chain power that gains a new ability with every chapter.

2complex4u

>My power is so complex and powerful it can only be used on my sworn enemies who number less than 10.
>lol jk
Togashi is fucking hack

He got his nen removed somewhere inbetween

O MY RUBBER MEN

This

Dragon Ball at it's worst>>>>>>Hiatus x Hiatus at it's best

Not even the best currently running "intelligent" series in WSJ.

>no obnoxious characters (though gon can be SOMETIMES). This is where naruto/FMA/One Piss fail.
Gon and Killua are obnoxious as fuck
O
none of the battles are memorable and half of them are anti-climactic
>Well thought out situations (greed island/ants/hunter games etc) with no OP
most of them are just random genre jumps for not much reason.

The ultimate meme

filler ball x
filler ball super (amout of fillers)

Real talk. I'll never get into HxH. I read a chapter. The MC design is just too terrible.

Gon is infuriating whenever he takes center stage.

The series regularly uses vague words like "experience" to hand wave away the fact that the MCs should be kicking the asses of anyone who arent Phantom Troupe.

The plot shitting on Gon from time to time doesnt change the fact that his fights always amount to him fisting his opponent to death. YuYu had better tactical battles.

>Well thought out situations (greed island/ants/hunter games etc)

Greed Island was literally just taking ideas from Yugioh. Outside of dodge ball, the arc wasnt special in any way.

Chimera Ant is great, but all of its themes are a refined version of the themes brought in with Sensui and the Chapter Black Saga.

>with no OP main characters or plot holes

Gon and the only others can only get their asses kicked by the likes of the Phantom Troupe, veteran hunters (barely) and extremely powerful ants. Hell, he beat Genthru during his first encounter, something a 1 star hunter wouldnt even attempt.

>vague words like "experience"
>Yugioh invented cards
>Can only get their asses kicked by characters that matter
Hmmmm

stealing a power for one day would cost him 10 years of his lifetime though

O

It's hard to believe people with opinions this stupid exist

Which Episode/Movie?

These threads are showing up more often than usual. Why is everyone all of the sudden just now watching/reading HxH?

movie 18

It's genuinely my favourite manga, so more people getting exposed to it the better.

>DUDE, my power is that I can literally steal other people's powers
>DUDE, my power is that I can borrow other people's powers with this phone
>DUDE, if I use this chain I can steal other people's powers, but it shortens my lifespan

The only reason Hunter x Hunter even stands out compared to other shounen is because Gon and Killua are amazing characters and the Chimera Ant arc is fantastic.

Every character that isn't Gon, Killua, or Meruem is overrated as shit. Most of these characters aren't bad but they aren't anything special and yet Hunterfags masturbate constantly to their very faces.

Nen is a power system that has a lot of thought put into it, but like 99% of other anime superpowers, it quickly devolves into "these characters just have their own crazy superpower that we argue fits the rules of the series."

The fights in this series are also overrated; while it does have some top class fights, a lot of the good fight scenes are essentially just in the Chimera Ant arc, and even then most of those fights are just "good" on a technical level.

JoJo has better fight scenes, FMA 2003 is just better in every way, FMA:B is better constructed and well made, Ushio to Tora is also just better in every way as well.

>Gon and Killua are amazing characters
stopped reading there

well, other shonen doesnt take year long hiatus and the draws are not done by an 8 yo

lets see if togashi can mantain the "quality" for 700 chapters or so

>vague words like "experience"
It's only ever used as an excuse for Gon or anyone else to lose or appear to be losing.
>Yugioh invented cards
No, but Greed Island is clearly a mishmash of what was popular at the time and its a pretty lame arc overall.
>Can only get their asses kicked by characters that matter
"Gon and the gang can only be BTFOd by some of the strongest individuals in-universe, but they totally arent OP"
Anyone that's not highest tier isnt even a speed bump for these kids who have been training for a few years at most. They are OP even if they arent the strongest in-universe.

First 2-3 seasons of Naruto is better than any are from Hunter x Hunter

*arc

Just find that every HxH arc was a parody of anime or movies genres: Hunter Exam (Shounens), Heaven's Arena (Tournament Arcs), York Shin (Noire/Police-Drama), Greed Island (Card Games/Sports), Chimera Ants (War/Seinen), Elections (American Television/Politics), Dark Continent (exploration anime like OP). it's fucking art.

Yeah, and it's worse than what it parodies.

>every HxH arc was a parody
I'm not sure you know the meaning of the word, user. It's supposed be ironic or satirical. Sure, some of the HxH arcs were really awful, but it's still be a stretch to call it parody.

So let me get this straight. 12 year old characters we've been told have a 1 in a million talent are losing to people with less talent then them because they are comparably inexperienced (in vague terms) fighting against people with a variety of effect based powers and skillsets.

And this is a problem.

does gintama count?

Its a shonen right?

I know this is a bait post but how the fuck is Yorknew noir at all?

Are you serious? Mafia, fatalism, moral relativism, it's basically the definition of noire.

It counts but the people who likes Gintama aren't sperging retards so nobody's talks about Gintama in this kind of thread.

because early naruto is a copy from hunter x hunter basically.

chunnin exam was blatant plagiarism of hunter exam

>no mention of Gash Bell
Name a better Shonen.

still not as good as fma and not as entertaining as gintama

This anime was good until the Yorknew city arc, then it just embraced shonen and became trash. Ironically enough this is when you Sup Forumstists actually thought it got good. There's a reason why this medium is complete trash.

The mafia was kind of a huge joke though. As was the shadow beasts. No idea why they hyped them up just to have them be so irrelevant.

What the fuck are you on about? There've been round-the-clock HxH threads for years.

>a parody
The term you're looking for is pastiche.

> it's fucking art
What sort of an argument even is this?