What happened to everyone's souls before Christianity came along? Like...

What happened to everyone's souls before Christianity came along? Like, you died the day before anyone even heard of the concept of Salvation through Christ and your soul is damned for all eternity?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_tR3imR4L9o
youtu.be/mkuRqZ-SssI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who gives a fuck about what some kike thinks

They went to purgatory awaiting salvation.

The Bible says that death is like sleeping, so they slept. Jesus came and sacrificed himself to atone for the sins of all- past, present, future.

I sincerely hope atheists burn in hell for eternity. It's hard to find a group of ppl more annoying than muslims, but the Skeptics really take the cake.

Nowhere in the Bible is pergatory mentioned. Purgatory was made up so the Catholic Church could sell salvation tickets to worried families of the recently deceased. It’s an extortion tactic preying on the weak and weary. The Catholic Church is a scam and is literally the whore of Babylon.

Treasure this man father, for he is wise beyond his years.

If you’re a Christian, have some compassion. They don’t know what they’re talking about.

It's mentioned in Dante's Inferno, a book on equal level.

That book is fan fiction thou

Heaven and hell are not physical locations one travels to after death. They are states of being one experiences during life.

>(thou)
For a more sophisticated reply

Fair enough. Sometimes it's hard lol

Divine Comedy is a much better book.

Only one in the bible that even comes close is Book of Job.

its mentioned in maccabees

The same thing that happens to them now. Nothing. There is no proof that a soul exists. You are flesh and when your flesh dies you no longer exist. Its not that hard to understand. Also if gods does exist and subsequently a soul without proof or confirmation everything is speculative and believing what other fleshy things tell you whats going to happen after death would be foolish at best and possibly even dangerous.

Jesus expicitly went to Hell during the three days he was dead in to take care of exactly this.
You think you have arguments but as usual You have nothing.

The same thing happened to them that happens to all people. Their souls went to God. If they were people that acted in accordance with God's will (whether they knew about God or not), being in presence of God would be blissful to them. If they were wicked people that lived lives hateful of God, his presence would feel like a burning fire and a blinding light.

A book written by men to control men. Its definitely a great idea to believe everything you read. Keep up the critical thinking skills son your doing well.

Why you posting a photo of Cesare Borgia OP?

Based Bob Ross.

Why only three days? Shouldn't Jesus be the only one in Hell if he's to pay the debt of everyone's sin?

It's like serving three days in jail in place of a felon who was meant to serve a life sentence.

>If they were wicked people that lived lives hateful of God

Surely they wouldn't have known God existed at all. As the Commandments lay out, worshipping "false Gods" is a sin, so literally everyone in the world who worshipped a different god before Yaweh came along would have been damned.

>What happened to everyone's souls
They all went to Hell, including Noah, Abraham, Jacob, etc.
However those pleased the Lord were separated into a different part of Hell, Abraham's Bosom.
After death of Jesus, He descended into Hell and preached Gospel there. Those in Abraham's Bosom ascended into Heaven after Jesus.
Source:
>What man can live and never see death? Who can deliver his soul from the power of Sheol?
Psalm 89,48
>But God will ransom my soul from the power of Sheol
Psalm 49,15
>For Christ also died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit; 19 in which he went and preached to the spirits in prison
1 Peter 3,18-19

I've never understood this r/atheism meme. Who is controlling people through the Bible? Outside of the papacy maybe. You do know you can read it yourself and come to your own conclusions without anyone telling you what to think, right?

Jesus went to Hell to save the rightious souls.

When Jesus returned after he died he did so in his light body. His merkaba. Jesus showed the world proof that we are all more than just our physical bodies. He showed us we can maintain form even after death. The same thing happened before then as it does now. We die and if we are unaware and still resonant with the process we are retuned to this planet for another round of time. Eventually, an individual could do the work to clear the 'heaviness' from their soul so that they activate their light body. This individual would then die and have a choice of whether or not to go back.
In my mind Jesus is a way shower. As for a saviour I'm not sure. That narrative and view of his service was added long after his death by those who did not walk with Jesus. What if it is true Jesus can assist of we truly believe and ask him to guide us home upon death? Back to the father and not to some fake heaven we wait in until reincarnation or to the lower astral planes where the dead are the most asleep. Perhaps all it takes is knowing he can help and being consciously aware you'd like assistance finding your way when you die. This is my plan at least. My intent is to travel as close to Source as possible upon death. I intend to experience the highest level of consciousness appropriate for me at that time. I intend to experience death in a more aware way before my next chosen incarnation. I am amazed by Jesus and forever grateful for his teachings. I hope to have the great honor to offer gratitude and maybe even ask a few questions when I leave this place or maybe even before. Ive heard several people say Jesus is fairly active on the astral plane. I don't expect him to save my soul as I see that work as my own to take on, but I will accept any loving assistance he can provide.

The demiurge is not the true creator, merely another creator who inhabits our space. Whether he is 'good' or 'evil', I know not, for we do not have the full story as of yet, but what is now known to us after the attempt by the Romans to purge it out of existence is that god exists within yourself. God, the, One True God, or, the Grand Architect of The Universe, another expression of the same force.

The cracks will grow. Existence repeats itself, is itself now, and has been and forever will be. To comprehend this is to be revealed new truths that you hold dear. Take care and enjoy your spiritual journey, I truly hope you find what you are looking for.

The same thing that happened to any other imaginary shit. Nothing.

I like you, man.

Christianity is a myth the jews use to deceive you.

I resonate with what you have offered as well brother.

>religion that literally abolishes jewish supremacy
DA JOOS BE USIN IT AGAINST U
You sound like the black israelites.

In the bible, Jesus went to Hades and preached the gospel to the dead. They had a chance to join him at that point.

It's straight from Karl Marx. He said that religion is the opiate of the masses. Euphoric atheists fail to realize that it's actually the promise of communism that is the opiate of the masses.

Gnostic heretic.

I find this to be true of my own experiences as well user. A hermit is in complete heaven all alone in the woods whereas it would be utter hell for another type of individual. It is all about consciousness and perspectives and how many you can hold with focus at the same time. Here in 3D we often have the challenge of walking through physical tasks with eyes on while keeping our heads in the clouds. Tricky.

Look up "harrowing of hell"

Here is Jesus saving pagans from hell.

You misunderstand his body died , because jesus is both spirit and man his spirit went back in to his dead body , if this did not happen we would be death for a eternity

This is the sacrifice from god he died was that not enough ?

I do not take your judgments of me as my own and I do not pref we labels. Gnosticism has added value to my journey. Some of the most inspiring and beautiful things Ive ever read were words of Jesus that were removed from the Bible. If he said it, does tbe book it is written in matter?

Because the víctim's worth is the sacrifice's worth. God sacrificing Himself for You paid for all sins conceivable and infinitely more. He WENT to hell to take with Him those who'd follow, but as an innocent sacrifice wasn't himself condemned to hell obviously.
Damage control.
Remember that If You're an atheist You can't believe in the assyrians and the hittites because the Bible invented them, no matter the archeological evidence wich surfaced later.

The Hell has no power over God, that Christ is.
Hell has only power over man. Christ is a man, and because of that He could die, but He was not submitted to death as man is. He willingly suffered death, if He was not willing to die for our sins, He would not die.
What you are saying is pictured here in Leviticus 16:
>But thus shall Aaron come into the holy place:
>he shall take the two goats, and set them before the Lord at the door of the tent of meeting; 8 and Aaron shall cast lots upon the two goats, one lot for the Lord and the other lot for Azazel. 9 And Aaron shall present the goat on which the lot fell for the Lord, and offer it as a sin offering; 10 but the goat on which the lot fell for Azazel shall be presented alive before the Lord to make atonement over it, that it may be sent away into the wilderness to Azazel.
Aza'zel is a demon. The second goat is given to this demon, so that curse reserved for man, is taken by the goat.
Christ sacrifice is twofold, He is sacrifice to the Lord, His Blood cleanses us from all sin.
He also descended into Hell, where demons dwell, to take the curse reserved for us on Himself. And since that curse could never have power over Him, He broke the curse, for all who were baptized into His death (Romans 6,4).
That's why it is said, that son (Jesus) of a woman (Mary) will crush the head of the serpent (Genesis 3,15).
That's why st. Paul, guided in his writing by Holy Spirit, writes, in Colossians 2:
>13 And you, who were dead in trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, 14 having canceled the bond which stood against us with its legal demands; this he set aside, nailing it to the cross. 15 He disarmed the principalities and powers and made a public example of them, triumphing over them in him.
>It's like serving three days in jail in place of a felon who was meant to serve a life sentence.
This is not a good analogy. cont

The Traditional of the Church and the depositum fidei give the Bible It's value not the opposite. St Augustine was pretty clear on this.
You sure accept an awful lot of protestant thought for someone who criticizes Protestantism so much.

Because Christ is one and sinners many.
He is not there to serve sentence for them, as in eternity in Hell. No, by His Blood baptized are born again, regenerated, sanctified and justified.
Just like blood of imperfect sacrifices justified high priest to enter place where Ark (presence of the Lord) was, so is the Blood of perfect sacrifice justifying man to enter Heaven.
Satan is no equal to God and can have no power over Him. By becoming man, God descended into Hell, as man does after his death, but He needn't to stay there forever. It would be foolish for Him to stay there forever and not be resurrected, because then, no one would be resurrected.
We await resurrection, that is salvation of body, because Christ was resurrected. And by being baptized into His Church, that's His Body, we are made resemblant to Christ, or rather Christ is resemblant to pure man.
Adam was created without the sin, but have committed original sin, that tainted his nature and nature of all humanity to follow.
Christ human nature resembles that of Adam, before he had committed sin, and our nature after resurrection, will be resemble human nature of Christ.

I accept what resonantes within me as truth. I further investigate things that offer me discord as they have lessons as well. I review all information as potentially valuable even if it is completely contradictory to my world view. I've studied religions, philosophies, estoterics, occult, shamanism, psychology, etc. but I look to my own experiences to provide my own knowing. I am not a follower. I do not blindly have faith. I have faith in what I know. In what I can perceive through my own intuition. In what my soul knows as truth from Source. I am an individualized consciousness of Source having an experience. I can view my own experiences through the paths of others or I can accept my own free will and drive for myself. I wish to drive. Whatever your wishes are are just as valid as mine. Your desires create your reality. Be clear about what you want. Or don't. Again, the choice is yours. We are all going to the same place EVENTually. Don't forget to enjoy the ride!

And I will add... St. Augustine offered guidance in his now moment based on his past and his view of the future. While the lessons of the past hold value we will never change in the now moment if we are fearful to go beyond the past.

It was no rewritten.
Did st. Paul "rewrite" anything in Galatians 4?
Did he "rewrite" anything in Hebrew 13,10-12?
Did Apostle rewrite anything in John 19,36?
No, because divine revelation is unchanging. It was always the will of God, for OT to point towards New.
Similarly, if there is anything new "added" to what is taught, it's not because we change the Bible. No, the Bible is unchangeable. The Faith is unchangeable.
But, having such a great deposit of knowledge, that is beyond human reason (Sirach 3,23), for it is divine, we will, with the help of Holy Spirit arrive to see truths that has always been there, right before our eyes, and yet we failed to see them.
Or at least, not everybody saw them.

>I accept what resonantes within me as truth
Don't you know that in your body, "dwells no good thing"? (Romans 7,18)
"21 Seek not what is too difficult for you,
nor investigate what is beyond your power.
22 Reflect upon what has been assigned to you,
for you do not need what is hidden.
23 Do not meddle in what is beyond your tasks,
for matters too great for human understanding have been shown you.
24 For their hasty judgment has led many astray,
and wrong opinion has caused their thoughts to slip."
Sirach 3
>In what my soul knows as truth from Source. I am an individualized consciousness of Source having an experience.
If you view yourself as wise, you are a fool.
Fear of God is beginning of wisdom, and pride is beginning of all foolishness.
For wisdom is one, but stupidity bears many names.

I disagree with you for various and complex reasons, but I respect your right to your beliefs and our debate here has no resolution as I stand strong in my beliefs as well. May yours lead you where you wish to go. Blessings.

You are absolutely right, I am a silly old fool. I am beginning to wonder though, who are you trying to convince I'm wrong here? Me or you?

I know Source wishes no fear for me. I will never buy into that. Free will is a gift that was given with unconditional love. Perhaps the conditions you place upon me from your God are stipulations for your life, but they do not add value for me. Is a life led in self denial of something I know to be false worth living?

>I am a silly old fool
Well, then there is hope.
>who are you trying to convince I'm wrong here?
I view you as being living not in Truth, but in lie. If anything that I say can convince you, to abandon the lie...
>self denial of something I know to be false
Did you mean "self denial FOR something..."?
How can you be sure that it's false?
That you can't comprehend something, or that you can't see something, doesn't mean it isn't there.
>inb4 how can you know for sure that it's true?
That's how Faith works. It is a gift, that God freely gives to whom He wants.
Gift of certainty in that He has revealed Himself to the people.
>Source
You sound like some type of gnostic, are you one?

I believe I have a decent grasp on your view. I grew up in the church. Southern Baptist. I held the faith you speak of for many years and yet I was still living life on repeat. In discord. I wanted change. I wanted to live authentically. I wanted to find my truth and walk the path without hesitation as opposed to fearfully maintaining a path that I instinctively felt was causing me more hard than good.

Part of my own search for balance was to understand judgment from a higher perspective. I have a much wider perspective on it now as a result of this choice. My decision to search for something I could KNOW led me to experience great judgment from others and also myself. Fear of judgment upon death motivated me only to an extent. Working to remove the fear while I was alive has been more productive in my own experience.

Please know that while I feel your judgment, I can also see clearly your intent. I appreciate what it is you believe you are trying to offer me. My own family members stand in this same place with you. I offer you all my empathy and understanding as it is what I seek in return. The golden rule is absolutely golden! I cannot however, offer your my own discord for the sake of the removal of yours. That is counter productive for me and I will no longer do it.

Am I a Gnostic? I suppose in a way you could say yes as Gnosticism in its truest sense is the direct experience of truth. Of knowing. However, I do not like labels and I do not subscribe to all of the beliefs within the traditional Gnostic sense. The teachings help me to compare and analyze new information and experiences as they occur. The same is true for all knowledge Ive gained as well as information that comes through my own intuition. If I had to associate myself with one path or another I would say my way aligns most closely with Hermeticism. Understanding energy and how it flows and how it works within me is of the greatest importance to me as that energy is Source.

There was no before Christianity. You either followed God (as a Jew) or were in the dark. Once he sacrificed Christ to absolve us all, the old ways weren't necessary anymore.

>to control men
Yeah, because nothing says greed like throwing away all of your riches and belongings to go preach in cities and wastelands with rags and robes, putting your life in severe danger and choosing death over converting to the imperial
cult
Why are atheists so bald and foolish?

Explanation:
youtu.be/_tR3imR4L9o

Get right
youtu.be/mkuRqZ-SssI

This. Salvation is of the jews. We goyim are lucky the jew g-d had pity on us filthy pig eaters. Hug a jew today, for your eternal soul depends upon it.

>needs knowledge
>start thread on Sup Forums
first, read the bible; you will learn that even if you die today you will wait trial until doomsday and the battle between christ and the anti-christ. meanwhile? you just chill

>"im so pious and forgiving i love christ"
>someone points out logical inconsistencies in your religion
>"F-FUCK Y-YOU GAYTHEISTS I H-HOPE YOU BURN IN H-HELL"

Probably going to get salvation because they were ignorant.

>wishes bad unto others
>wants to replace God to be the judge
>judge without knowledge

MUAH CHRIST RIP FOR MYAH SINS! lol, pagan

All is one
>lawofone.info
Kinda crazy but has an amazing philosophy and cosmology in my opinion.

Not what he's saying pleb. God himself cursed them to lose their land for thousands of years for treachery. He means before Christs blood was spilled the rules were different.

This is explicitly addressed by Socrates multiple times; by reason he denies the Greek gods and argues for the existence of a God quite similar to the true Lord and Savior.

This

You believed in the prophecy (then).

The Quran is the last book, even in the Torah, the description of Muhammad(saw) is mentioned to the way before he was born to the point where the Jews knew the description of him better than their sons. Revert to Islam before it's too late

This is an amazing read in my most humble opinion.

oven is waiting lucifer worshipper

Limbo

we're just a byproduct of jewish trickery... i wonder when we'll all realize this...

When followers seek to see with all their eyes they will see

>The Bible says that death is like sleeping,
>It's like not waking, too

Hahaha pathetic christcuck
Or bait, who knows in those days

>I sincerely hope atheists burn in hell for eternity.
Clear-headed, intelligent, logical people make you irrationally angry? Are you seeing a therapist about this?

no

It is also like living with eyes closed.

John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

Seems pretty cut and dried to me, user.

spot on

Lost me at 'worship'.

Align with by choice? Yes. Offer gratitude and acceptance of service to the All? Absolutely. Worship? No.

What man can cheat death? He who is always awake even whilst asleep.

>we goyim
>g-d

okay schlomo

Jesus showed them his scars and he ate with them. He was in his physical body.

its all a fraud you idiot.
religion exists to pull money from retards into the church.

kek

>the promise of communism
No Gods
No Masters
What's not to like about it?

Enhanced

>gommunism
>No Masters
HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

The inferno is part of the Divine comedy pseud.

Yes, you could get saved in the OT though

>It's in the meme book

>Why are atheists so bald
You really didn't get that "hair color is a religion" metaphor did you?

>Some thirsty beta poet who had to make fan fiction to be able to fantasize about his enemies suffering is an authority on anything.

It says in the bible that the dead who were not saved in life can be saved by the coming of jesus christ in death

what are you even talking about

>HAHAHAHHA
Did you really not know that communism is a stateless economy?

>what are you even talking about
If the different religions are like different colors of hair, then bald is atheism.

Our ancestors before the jew were aware of the spiritual world and after the comet strike 11k years ago we've been slowly disconnected from that world through jew religion and society.
All relgions are spirit binding spells made to blind you from the truth that there is no heaven, hell or purgatory and we're here in the flesh to experience the universe because when our bodies are gone we can no longer feel anything anymore

There was the old covenant

This """real communism""" is just a carrot on a string to get idiots to bring about the conditions for elites to implement "not real communism" in the form of an oppressive dictatorship. It happens every time.

Does the spirit not have the power to control matter? The ability to materialize and dematerialize at will was his.