In your opinion, which one out of these is the most intellectual anime?

In your opinion, which one out of these is the most intellectual anime?

>Evangelion
>Lain
>LoGH
>Hunter x Hunter
>Akagi
>Fate Stay Night
>Berserk
>FMAB
>Mushishi
>Code Geass
>Kaiji
>Kara no Kyoukai

Hunter x Hunter. The combat system is complicated yet it makes sense and Togashi's knowledge of video games and the mafia culture makes for great arks and storytelling

Lain tied with LOGH

Gochuumon wa usagi desu ka? easily.

>anime
>'''''intellectual'''''

Why just Brotherhood? The 2003 version is much more "intellectual if anything.

>""""""""""""""""""""""intelektuwel""""""""""""""''''''''''''''"""""""""

Fate Stay/Night (2006)

In order, of the ones I have seen:

>Evangelion
>Lain
>Berserk
>Kaiji
>FMAB
>HxH

Evangelion for sure

Which fight in Hunter x Hunter was the most complex?

I think it's the one with Gon vs Genthru because Nen was actually utilized. He had to choose which one of his hands to get blown up first. In other fights, there's really not much nen involved or at least not in any strategic way.

Too easy, Fukumoto's works.
Akagi and Kaiji

MIRAI WA BOKURA NO TE NO NAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>he hasn't watched Eva

Get to it, anons

>kara no kyoukai
>intellectual
Jej. It's generic power level shit.

Pssst! Eva is the most overrated thailandese garbage out there! I've watched it and is utter shit so shut the fuck up, pissmop.

oh and...
Cowboy Bebop >>>>>>>>>>>

Cowboy Bebop is nowhere near as Intellectual as Eva. Let alone Hunter x Hunter.

>implying that HxH and Eva are """intellectual"""
>didn't fully analyze the magnificent work and the geniality of Cowboy Bebop

boi

it's not bait, to simply put an anime with spazstic negroes that fight with robot-aliens is not so intellectual to me imho

>>Code Geass
XAXAXAXAXAXAX

if you've read the manga the most recent main fight was very complex and well explained

>Code Gayass

Out of those is Lain
Because if you don't care about the deep shit it's the most boring

Ergo Proxy

I have a pretty good philosophical interpretation of most of these titles
Evangelion:BIG ROBOT BOOM BOOM
Lain:SCARY ALIEN SPOOK SPOOK
LOGH:BIG SPACESHIP ZOOP ZOOP
HxH:RUBBER NEN O MY
Akagi:WHATS THAT
Fate Stay Night: STRONG SWORD SWISH SWISH
Berserk:BIG SWORD CLANG CLANG
FullMetal Alchemist:COOL MAGIC ZAP ZAP
Mushishi:WHAT THAT
Code Geass:MAGIC EYES BIG ROBO
Kaji:WAT THAT
Kara No Kyoukai:COOL KNIFE SWISH SWISH

Inferno cop

my nigga
surely that's more intellectual than evangaylion or code gayass, you fucking degenerates watch something else you mainstreamers utter negroes faggots

Utena is more intellectual than anything on your list, which is shit, but I think you knew that.

Death Note

O

Lain

meh, not amazingly strategic or anything. HxH fights are actually pretty simple.

fuck off

F/SN and Code Geass are definitively the least intellectual.

Eva, Lain, LoGH or Mushishi.

Serious question, what the fuck do people see in Kara no Kyoukai? It's very pretty, but it's an absolute fucking mess.

O

Actually I was quite impressed by Kara no Kyoukai, which was praised by the phenomenologist mystery writer Kiyoshi Kasai, and which, if not Buddhist, is at least Taoistic in its idea of inscrutable forces and melding together of opposites.

MY

kek

Being taoistic does not make it well written

Which says a lot about how fucking horrible most action anime are. HxH sets a high standard when it comes to battles, there's always a lot of interesting variables at play.

RUBBER

Got'em

/Thread

NEN

Well fuck me, 2deep4me then. All the impenetrable Nasuverse vernacular does not help things, either. Allegorical it may be, doesn't change the fact that shit gets clunky as fuck towards the end Shiki's not a killer after all! Turns out this underdeveloped faggot you don't give a shit about was killing people! etc. etc.

Oh and the best one of all this girl you thought was pregnant with a rape baby? nah, it's just her FUCKING APENDIX.

Nasu's autism is nothing to fuck with.

Out of those, Eva
A lot of the list can't even compete, the fuck are you onto OP.

That's why Fujino and Shiki are opposites - one's body is "flawed" so the soul suffers, the other's "souls" are "flawed" so the body suffers. Even as it was explained, their backstories are opposites - Shiki's family was obsessed with perfecting a power in her, while Fujino's family was obsessed with repressing her power. Kara no Kyoukai has very efficient characterization, since its characters are constructed to mirror each other in so many ways.

unironically Love Live

Lain if "intellectual" means "understands the most obscure, nerdy references". Intellectual in this context is actually a meaningless term, which is what this thread is a testament to.

most of the "deep shit" is in the End of Evangelion

eoe just makes all the subtextual themes in eva literal.

Sword Art Online

Interesting. I'll have to rewatch it after doing some reading.

Kaiji/Akagi > Eva > All

yeah i guess you could say that

LOGH
Lain
Eva
Akagi
Kaiji
HxH
Berserk
FMA
Mushishi
KnK
Code Geass
FS/N

(In your opinion) It's is what made ya think da most

Aside from that though, the appendix thing is still absolutely fucking retarded.

That's how I feel about most of Nasu's stuff actually: surprisingly multi-dimensional characters dropping wisdom in between glaring retardation and chuuni-shit.

>all of these low functioning anime
minimum requirement is an IQ 200 for this series

Pffffffft hell no. The 03 version is hot garbage.

>No mention of the smartest anime to date

also the absence of penguindrum and utena on this list speaks really poorly to Sup Forums's idea of "intellectual".

op is a lowlife who will never accomplish anything

I think Revolutionary Girl Utena blows EVA out of the water. Both are subversions of the respective genre so I feel the comparison's are apt. The symbolism is better incorporated and bolsters the themes of its arcs in Utena. EVA's just strikes me as table dressing.

Utena also has a better use of its budget and hasn't spent 20 years revisiting itself. That third EVA movie almost retroactivly makes the series bad.

K-ON

I dunno I'd argue that Utena's symbolism is so opaque a lot of the time that it undermines itself and devolves into meaningless surrealism. Also I've only seen the show once but I found the Black Rose arc pointlessly repetitive.

Eva's depth isn't even in symbolism, it's in the themes of stunted psychological development it tries to tackle with its character arcs (mostly with Shinji's and Asuka's imo).

also though I just have hard time understanding Utena and Penguindrum so I guess my opinion on them isn't really worth much.

Kara no Kyoukai is very impressively written, with efficient characterization, since its characters are constructed to mirror each other in so many ways. I finished literature classic The Brothers Karamazov recently, and it struck me that even though the characterisations in that tier of writing are fantastic, very often they aren’t done with the grace that Kara no Kyoukai does it with, and consist of long periods of ‘characterization time’.

man are you trying to say Nasu is a more graceful character writer than Dostoevsky in this post

I think you have some good points, but, symbolism isnt the be all, its just there to give the themes additional depth. Wich I feel is achieved more better in Utena.

Also, how dare you, the black rose arc is amazing. The way it examins love, memory and personal growth are really interesting. Also that part at the end where Anthy's involvement is revealed gave me chills

It's copypasta

Yeah I won't disagree that Utena uses symbolism to a much more meaningful effect - understanding the symbolism in Utena seems pretty essential to understanding anything at all that it's trying to say, otherwise things like the Black Rose arc just come off as pointlessly repetitive exercises in re-hashing a single emotional beat over and over again (fight the duel, go down the elevator, ad infinitum). So I guess Utena probably has a lot of depth, it's just a lot harder to access than eva's, for me anyway.

Oshiete! Galko-chan! is more intellectual than these Toonami cartoons.

Artistically I prefer mushishi but it isn't so much intellectual as it is a good lesson in morals. Probably kaiji/akagi because he's so clever

Like, the thing with Ikuhara is that all of his characters speak their emotional truths in metaphor, which makes it hard to empathize with them for me. Or if they're not spoken through metaphor, they're conveyed through visual metaphor. The point is that these truths are never just explicitly evinced. What the hell am I supposed to think of the need to "break the shell of the world' or whatever when that could refer to literally anything depending on who's speaking.

I refuse to participate in this shitposting unless you add monogatari to that list

this got really bad with Sanetoshi and Momoka in Penguindrum for me. By the end of that show I had pretty much completely lost the emotional thread.

>Evangelion
It's not intellectual nor is it suppose to be
>Lain
still on my backlog
>LoGH
kinda pissed that /his/ uses it as an example that democracy doesn't work, the only reason the monarchy worked was because a Mary sue was in charge
>Hunter x Hunter
Subverting a cliche doesn't make your shit less cliche
>Akagi
fucker who wins everything forever, like the MC though
>Fate Stay Night
this is bait
>Berserk
no problems with this
>FMAB
most intellectual shounen maybe
>Mushishi
none with this either
>Code Geass
this is also bait
>Kaiji
ok
>Kara no Kyoukai
and bait

MY

I still don't know what the fuck Sanetoshi was trying to do besides killing people

Watch Lain
"Play" the videogame after watching it too