Does Homeland Security have anti tank weapons?

Is it safe to assume any big city with a Federal building has a agency with a AT-4 in their arms room in the current year?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XnUoUKEIGoo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd say they have light infantry stuff as demonstrated over the years recently but no way near something to take out a tank. I'd be moderately shocked if they had RPGs or something...

Thought you might be. You're Canadian after all

based killdozer
RIP

It's very unlikely. If you are up against armor in the US then the local National Guard or military base will be involved very quickly. Why do you ask?

40mm HEDP can pierce that hot rolled steel plate. Since the Kill Dozer was also filled with concrete its unlikely to do enough damage.

I took a shit on the bus today

>the local National Guard or military base will be involved very quickly
LOL you think so? They will they wake up the supply guy or the guy on profile in the training room? Besides most NG armories don't even have ammunition.

More of the heavy gear guarding nuke plants is geared towards anti-aviation.

>Besides most NG armories don't even have ammunition.

WHAT THE FUCK? The NG is a fucking joke. What happens in the event of Airborne or land invasion?

>What happens in the event of Airborne or land invasion?
This isn't a video game...

I love you leaf

My neighbors and I put on green arm bands and distribute our extra guns to the able bodied. The Nigerian immigrants was accidental friendly fire incident.

>This isn't a video game...

No it's not but complaceny is what destroys every empire. The US is supposed to have a plan of attack/defense for every possible scenario and I thought the NG was supposed to be a part of that plan. If the those fuckers don't even have ammo what do we pay them for? Tell those bitches to join the real army if they want free college.

We had to take away the tanks from the NG in California after

Dude I took a shit in the trashcan at work the other day. Why is it called taking a shit? because no one gives a shit.

why dont you two go back to india.

ok Jerry Seinfeld

The professional military hates when civvies have anti armor weaponry. This means they usually will have their politicians and helpers make sure that such weapons never make their way into Local PD or National Guard hands. (Those groups tend to have some loyalty to the areas they grew up in and now serve.)

In the case of armored vehicles, they wait until they run out of gas or get stuck (yes tanks can gets stuck) and then pry the access point open and shoot the driver. If there were a real invasion, it would take the professional military some time to respond and they could simply send a missile shooting drone, plane or helicopter. Armored vehicles are gas hogs and without a big logistics operation, it is difficult to keep them fueled and in the fight. They are considered support weapons for a reason.

That thing was more armored than most modern tanks. After sabot and DU shells came into play, they basically made heavy armor obsolete. Traded in angled, reactive, and spaced armor instead; that thing could’ve probably taken a few portable AT rockets depending on how structurally reinforced the concrete was with rebar

>What happens in the event of Airborne or land invasion?
A gun behind every blade of grass, no military can go up against that.

This. First sign of WOROL and half my neighborhood is going up in flames, the other half will be hosing down their roofs.

>they could simply send a missile shooting drone, plane or helicopter.
This is wrong.

He drank the

"Every American with a gun will suddenly form semi-professional militias in the event of a massive ground invasion and fight off the attackers"

kool aid

Killdozer is love, Killdozer is life.

That's all well and good but doesn't explain why the NG doesn't even have bullets like the other guy said.

>Marv Heymeyer
>Killdozer
>Granby, CO

>NG doesn't even have bullets
The National Guard in LA might have to drive all the way to Camp Roberts (4 hours away) to draw ammo for example.

I remember that. Good times.

The Killdozer is a living legend in Colorado

Concrete is actually terrible at stopping shaped charge jets. Mostly helps as structural standoff from other more critical parts of the machine.

You do realize your average gun owner in America has more trigger time planting a lead farm than our police and military do, yes?

>geared towards anti-aviation
Generally those aren't surprises. Also, need a gun?

Coast Guard regularly carries .50 cal rifles in their copters.

Or go the local Guns R Us

>.50 cal
>stopping a tank

Suppose they have these?

He obviously doesn't. There are some weekends where my small group of 4 can go through well over a thousand rounds just blowing off steam shooting painted targets on our hunting land way up north.

You'll have to fight your own government before the Russians or Chinese.

>all meme guns
>one from the A-team

Yes it can.

Top armor on tanks is usually really thin.

Polish used a streached out 8mm Mauser cartridge to shoot through tanks.

Suppose somebody else, say Marcon of France goes full Napoleon?

What has always amazed me about the Killdozer and it's creator is how long he worked on it. He had plenty of time to think about it and maybe cool down about his issue with the town government but he worked on it for months. He was absolutely committed to his plan. If just 1% of whites where like this our problems would be over.

No, but they would consider calling in the ANG with AGM-65-- They considered it with Killdozer right up until the point it got stuck.

>way up north.
Michigander detected

Wow WW2 tanks. I'm talking about modern tanks dipshit. Tanks don't open visions slit anymore.

Our military has to talk to lawerys before artillery can be fired on a positively identified enemy in Afghanistan.

North Dakota Master Race

>limbsaver

KYS

Top armor on tanks tend to be weaker than front & sides.

Obviously. But my point is that a modern tank is resisant to .50 cal ammo. Do you think the Africans still using T-34s are gonna invade us?

Where's the webm of this madman's rampage through suburbia?

OP is trying to get 5 stars like in GTA and is planning probably

I hope he targets AIPAC

*Blocks your path*

They had bulletproof glass view ports and periscopes in WW2 fool.

The ammo compartment on an Abrams was penetrated by a 14.5mm in the 2nd Iraq War..

The ammo doors beyond that into the compartment aren't very thick.

It doesn’t even need to be remotely organized to be hugely problematic for an invasion force. Imagine you have to clear out a suburb somewhere with 10,000 homes. Only this isn’t San Fran or NYC, this is outside of Dallas, or mountainous North Carolina..instead of terrified civvies, you find that every other home is littered with IEDs and pipe bombs made with diesel fuel, propane tanks, tannerite, or any of the other readily available materials. And it turns out that bubba and co. aren’t diabetic mutts at all, they’re blue collar types that bought Kevlar and gas masks from a gun show cause why not. They’re holed up in their homes behind sandbags and plywood. They may be out gunned and under equipped against a modern infantry, but they are fucking everywhere. And men fighting for their homes and lives shouldn’t be underestimated.

Add tunnel systems into that equation. No sh*t.

No they have thousands of bubbas willing to be cannon fodder until the Military can get their shit together.

>They had bulletproof glass view ports and periscopes in WW2 fool.

Not every tank did. Numerous vehicles of on all sides had open ports for machine guns and the driver. Most notably french and German tank. The first Tigers had open had a vision slit for the drivers.

>Abrams was penetrated by a 14.5mm in the 2nd Iraq War..

Now that's really shocking. But it still isn't a very reliable method of killing tanks.

As much as I hate to say it, they probably have fewer qualms dropping ordinance on citizens than on goat herders.

As a former tank gunner this thread is amusing.

Shall not be infringed my brother

Well a Coast Guard/DHS helicopter would have the height advantage of hitting a tank's typical weak points.

Roger that.

Isn't there any tank without this weak point in the US army?

Yes but is the roof of a T-90 or T-72 THAT weak? Especially if the tank is covered in ERA tiles which would slow down the projectile even more before contacting the armor.

The T-90 are being replaced by the Russian army

No, and most of the tanks in the inventory are inoperable because incompetence/lack of parts. They are made to fight along with air and infantry support, a lone tank is a sitting duck. That said I'd go with turning on the smoke generator to make targeting more difficult, then inflicting maximum damage. If I had a good crew I could keep fighting for about 20-30 minutes at least before I'm kill. In that time everything around my vehicle within a 1K radius would be total death and destruction.

The M60A3 was replaced by the Abrams in 1980 but it was still in use in Desert Storm and was only recently replaced in reserve units. The T-14 Armata is a nonfactor right because there are so few of them. And the turret is unmanned anyway.

I thought Soviet/Russian ERA was made to ignore stuff like 30mm and smaller.

I guess nobody has heard any neat rumor from cop friends about this topic.

>I thought Soviet/Russian ERA was made to ignore stuff like 30mm and smaller.

It might, but I'm not talking about exploding. I mean just being more material for the round to penetrate. ERA block is still a layer of explosives sandwhiched between metal plates.

It’s not all that shocking; equivalent thickness is due to composition of the metal, angling, spacing, and armament used against it. A lot of weapons went to high velocity kinetic rounds, angled armor is fantastic for that, spaced and reactive armor combats explosive extremely well. Granted, it is classified as to how thick the metal actually is in modern Abrams, but MBT’s made a shift from super heavy, really thick plated and sloped to thinner and spaced for the sake of speed for the obvious fact that a slow tank will get flanked by a fast one. The change is weird but was largely involved in the fact that HV-FSDS rounds basically made any kind of thick and rounded armor obsolete since you’re essentially firing a needle

nice family

dont like the pussy pad on the m44 thought

man, the Soviets built some crazy shit. that thing actually carries a bunch of anti-ship missiles.

The M1A1U has depleted uranium armor.

>1488

They were using 25MM DU armaments as well. A 12.7mm put an Abrams out of service, you don’t have to kill the crew to make the tank useless and any round with enough penetrating power can do exactly that

F

Right. It's pretty easy to immobilize a tank. Getting concertina wire wrapped up in the sprockets is a big deal, or throwing track also. I good sniper can take out the main sight leaving the gunner with only the aux sight to work with. Landmines/IED's is another thing.

>1995
A large amount of WWII tanks can penetrate these armor values m8

>I good sniper can take out the main sight leaving the gunner with only the aux sight to work with

Aren't gunners trained to aim manually in case of a failure? And don't the rounds travel fast enough that aiming manually shouldn't be that hard?

Modern .50 SLAP rounds can penetrate up to 30mm (1.18") of steel at close ranges. I don't remember the thickness of the Killdozer's plates.

story?

Duh. Upgrade a WW2 tank with a thermal imaging system and it's good to go.

Yeah but using the AUX sight(g.a.s.) is a major pain and really slows things down. Also you can manually traverse the turret and elevate/depress the gun tube but it's slow and tedious.

nigga snuck into an unsecured tank from the national guards, went on driving rampage, police were cucked and couldnt do shit to stop him, he eventually ran out of gas and gave up after a standoff

thanks never heard about that before

Google the Killdozer and there is a link on the Wikipedia that gives the non-niggafied version.

top kek

>Is it safe to assume any big city with a Federal building has a agency with a AT-4 in their arms room in the current year?
yeah probably, they all still break US law when it comes to weapons storage, all the big federal agencies always breaking munitions codes

easy as this

He didn't run out of gas. He got it stuck on the barrier.
youtube.com/watch?v=XnUoUKEIGoo

as a former 3 star general, i agree

Was a 19K in the Fulda Gap, 1/11 ACR. You wore in command of Ft. Livingroom, right?