ITT anime that were too smart for Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V7L0kgS19PM
youtube.com/watch?v=cK8uWBp5L44
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

absolutely every anime except kiznaiver

TAKEEEE ON MEEEEEEEE

Watch as people still argue about how deep it is/isn't.

this stuffs pretty lit.

it's got a really weird vibe that reminds me of 90's MTV cartoons.
youtube.com/watch?v=V7L0kgS19PM

Woop read that wrong. Read it as "anime we were too smart for"

I failed to make a case for such in this instance,however so I suppose it's now right up my alley.

Kiznaiver got a lot of shit from butthurt triggerniggers, because it wasnt the usual trash they get

>lit

Ironically you're correct either way, it's your subconscious that is telling you something.

It was still trash

It's trigger we're talking about, after all.

>triggerniggers
this picture is not even remotely related to kiznaiver, but since you said trigger nigger

I bet none of you knew which rumors were true or false

Boku no Pico

of course, I am not a girl nor have I been close to one

eva

rebuild is garbage tho

lmao brainlet

my IQ is 145

>my IQ is 145

Kizunaiver was good.

KlK was fucking garbage.

Mawaru Penguindrum

I'm one of 3 or 4 anons here who adore it, everybody else is missing out

Just finished Penguindrum yesterday. Thought it was pretty simple to follow to be quite honest.

Post that other Kiznaiver OP.webm

You know the one.

Inb4 Bleach

do they fugg or not

keep in mind that your answer will determine if I watch it or not

first episode was low energy

You will really not ever guess what happens next.

easily

is there any fugg in the series, at all?

They don't, unfortunately. Their relationship was one of the only good parts of the show, though.

Rolling Girls is fantastic, you have excellent taste.

Ahahaha I get it. It's because NTR is the thinking man's fetish.

is it good fap material

This show was a textbook example of how just being full of references to complex topics doesn't make the show smart because it doesn't engage with them.

Like it will have characters named after Derrida but there's no exploration of or engagement with his ideas.

It's a shame because the show had great designs (and I love goth chicks), but it was so surface-level about everything.

Convoluted and pretentious =/= smart

Mayoiga, the ingenious intentional comedy went over many Sup Forumsnon's heads.

youtube.com/watch?v=cK8uWBp5L44

It had so many nuances and concepts that anyone with an IQ below 155 would probably miss them entirely.

There are people out there who still thinks that mute isn't a bitch.

some patrician taste over here

>boring girls

It's true, my IQ is 154 and I almost had it but not quite.

>waaaaah i'll just kill myself to make new friends that will wear off in 2 months
jej

How about Lain?

I think about this voice clip at least once a week. That, and the phrase "Bonar Grand Prix."

I dropped this after one episode, characters animated like robots

I think Lain doesn't just toss out references, it actually explores the concepts it brings up, though in admittedly a very esoteric way.

it was fun to mentally piece together the monogatari timeline

What is Cyclops doing in this Japanese anime? Was Scott a weeb this whole time?

Looks like I was right.

It seemed like the epitome of that "jokes on you I was just pretending to be retarded" comic.

I miss Sup Forums too man. But try to control yourself.

got you covered

RAISON

DETRE

The world was not ready for Chobits.

Mari Okada a shit

both are shit tier, the woman just angsts"i dont care about myself" yea fuck off everyone who watches this is loner and would say the same thing and next they would be completely fine. not as pretending to be fine, but fine fine, that they do actually care about themselves but sex and comfort of another human is what they still want and on that department they need affection so "i dont care about myself" is to say to another they can do almost anything sexual to them, which of course depends if its a good or bad thing to say, its bad if the other is not in the correct mood.

Go ahead and explain the final episode. I'll wait.

I could barely make it through the first episode. The fact that there are people who've seen the whole thing is kind of astounding to me, really.

There's no point to watching it if you don't watch the last episode.

Every fucking show is too intelligent for the average Sup Forums user. Let's not forget the plethora of people who routinely fail to understand what happens in 12 page weekly manga aimed towards children

nichijou

Call 911 man. You're having a seizure.

I can't. It broke me.

>What does visual storytelling mean?

Texhnolyze is still my favorite animated media ever produced, nothing really comes close for me.

>anime too smart for Sup Forums

>anime
>smart
yeah, no

>too smart for Sup Forums
literally everything is too smart for Sup Forums or Sup Forums in general, so i guess you're right, just don't think your favorite cartoon is actually intelligent.

more like masterpiece girls

that wasn't something that needs figuring out. it's all pretty much exactly whre you expect it. that's like saying pulf fiction or some christopher nolan film was fun/challenging because of muh nonchronological

Phoenix.

LICKING CHOCOLATE IN MY DRAINAGE

this

(銀河鉄道の夜 Ginga Tetsudō no Yoru was pretty smart.

Just finished watching it. I don't know why people would consider it "smart" or "dumb". It's a drama. The characters in it are intentionally retarded, because if they were smart, well-adjusted adults, there wouldn't be any drama. That's the entire point.

The characters all have their weird philosophies and shit, but that doesn't mean the creators or the anime are smart. The philosophies are all always basic nihilism or Weird Nonsensical Shit because they are supposed to be flimsy and easy to refute. It highlights the fact that the main characters are just fucking retards with communication issues or something personal holding them back.

Like if a character goes "man MC-kun i really like you why don't you love me back etc etc" and the MC doesn't answer, that's not supposed to show "wow that chick just owned the MC", it's supposed to show "wow the MC doesn't know how to handle this what a maladjusted person".

Just because a show deals with the same complex philosophical themes as Evangelion doesn't mean it's trying as hard to be smart as it.

You know it to be true.

what the fuck even happened to Sup Forums man, it's not the biggest tragedies considering how much western animation sucks but goddamn
Also, this was way too deep for Sup Forums, but people watched this just to feel smart or because it was "realistic" and it just made people who weren't into masochism feel like shit
also almost every /m/ show is too deep for Sup Forums

>what the fuck even happened to Sup Forums man
Unironically tumblr. I'm actually amazed that Sup Forums can still have loli threads fairly regularly while Sup Forums would outright delete a thread of similar subject matter just for containing the word "loli".

every moment that could highlight the intelligence of the writer is filled with dei ex machina

otaku cant write but are at least creative sometimes

welcome to the superior board and superior comicbook world

Gochiusa.

>Like it will have characters named after Derrida but there's no exploration of or engagement with his ideas.
Anime does that shit all the time. Cute lolis named after mythological beings and name-dropping historical figures to sound cool.
I think people give Ergo Proxy shit a lot of the time because they're expecting it to fully explore every idea it references. I think it's no more than a character study. A journey of self-discovery. Episode 11 encapsulates Ergo Proxy's themes pretty well imo. It definitely has flaws, but I always see people criticize it for expecting it to be something its not.
Pic related. Like how people criticize Evangelion for being pretentious and pseudo-deep when the shit they're criticizing isn't even the point of the show. It's about Shinji's journey.
I compare Ergo Proxy to NGE a lot. I think they're very similar in many ways.

>Lit
>nineties
>MTV
Could you stop existing? There's enough of you already.

Sup Forumsedditors can criticize eva all they want but it doesn't change the fact it was one of the few shows which made "deep" stuff sound natural. that's a hallmark of quality

I only liked the first 3 episodes before it got boring

>tfw my IQ is only 144
Damn.