There has to be something out there

there has to be it doesn't make sense

youtube.com/watch?v=MtrOYsNCPmg

Other urls found in this thread:

konkyo.org/English/DoesLifeExistOnAnyOtherPlanetInTheUniverseAnotherLookAtSETI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Of course there is, the universe is damn near infinite.

You'd think. Fermi paradox though . . .

>there has to be something out there
Yup, there is. Lots of space. Or did you mean your fantasy universe of Star Trek and Star Wars? All signs point to no. No radio signals from aliens, no "sub-space", no ability to go faster than the speed of light, no "aliens that are just like humans but slightly different". Tons of nebulae, stars, rocks, etc.

What makes me really think is that everything on this planet has some sort of purpose. There is nothing without a reason. So there might be a reason why planets exists. What is it? If you scale it up there would be a reason for our galaxy to exist, and so on. I'm confused now

If everything has a purpose, we too have a purpose.

Imagine one cell of your fingertip. It's a single organism, which contains another organism (mitochondria with different DNA).
Now many of these cells make up your body. You are not "your body", but many different organism (cells and bacteria) make your body.
Now take this single cell and compare it to your bodymass. Now apply this scale to body vs space.
Maybe we humans are a part of some super-organism too. A part of God.

Can a cell understand your consiousness and intellect? No, it's impossible.
Just like we wouldn't be able to fully undertand him, yet we are part of him.

Does that mean God depends on us to exist like we depend on our cells?

Extra terrestrials use quantum communications and don't listen to radio. That's why we don't here them and they don't hear us.

Should be able to see Dyson spheres under construction though. So far nothing.

ayys are here
I bet they shitpost on Sup Forums too

ayy lmao

meddl loide
rainer putsch when?

They could still hear us. There isn't any good reason why aliens more advanced than us couldn't detect radio waves or broadcast them. That is if they were interested in finding other life.

Space is fake, this is a shill thread.

Your mum is out there

Radio waves are just random noise at about 2 light-years out.

>Fermi left Italy in 1938 to escape new Italian Racial Laws that affected his Jewish wife Laura Capon.
Kike paradox trumps all

It depends how you define God. If you think of him just as material manifestation like we have our bodies - it would seem so. If he dies, we die too. If all of us die, he dies too.

But a God implies an afterlife and a spirit, which is eternal. If we die physically, we will still exist and be part of God again, presumed we proved ourselfes worthy (judgment -> heaven/hell). Therefore he doesn't necessarily depend on us, but we depend on him.

As the bible says, he is the beginning and the end, the alpha and the omega. This would apply to both, a spiritual and material God.

Another question is, why should he create our spirits/souls?
Maybe to grow? To experience himself? ...
I have no idea.

saying there is nothing out there with all the studies we have done is like dipping a cup into the ocean, looking at the water it holds and saying "there are no whales in the ocean." We haven't even scratched the surface. If this issue interests you, make sure to run SETI@home to help analyze the tiny amount of data we have already gathered.

Someone went to wikipedia.

see

Acknowledging a paradox is not confirmation of anything one way or another, it's just a mystery.

>Another question is, why should he create our spirits/souls?
What makes you think that we have something like that? A spirit or a soul? There is nothing special about our consciousness. We see, hear, taste, etc. to perceive our environment. Our brain helps us to process those perceptions and to act wisely. It's all just so we can survive and breed.

When wikipedia admits the kike connection I dont really need to do much more digging. They aint hiding the fact if its on there

The paradox barely even applies because we only have one civ to extrapolate from and have barely even started looking for others.

Lawofone.info
Crazy new agey stuff but so much better than the rest in my opinion. Awfully detailed and self consistent and with such a wide reaching philosophy.

It is, I know for a fact. Life is teeming in the cosmos.

I think you are applying human logic (Reason, Purpose) to a cold and inhuman universe

Fair, but then neither does SETI. What would do we even know what to look for?
Stellar engineering projects, on the other hand, we should be able to see.
FFS I just guessed about wikipedia, go back to the slide threads kid.

>What would do we even know what to look for?
Look into it, there are good reasons for how and why we are looking in the ways we do that are not based on our culture but how best to transmit information within the reality we inhabit.

>we should be able to see
and we have just begun to look.

It depends what you mean by "purpose". Purpose is an entirely human concept, so it doesn't make sense to apply it to the universe. Things only have a purpose from a human perspective. All life on earth has a niche, not a purpose. Objective or cosmic purpose does not exist, and if it does, we have absolutely no way of knowing what it is, therefore anybody claiming to know is lying.

Doesn't matter, it is almost impossible that we will ever encounter any other life from other planets. FTL travel is probably impossible, and without it no such thing could happen.

imagine a civilization who started 1 million years before ours. That's nothing in space time.

I bet they have no brown people.

I feel like we're talking around each other here. I'm not disagreeing with any of the points you've made, just being skeptical.

>There is nothing special about our consciousness.
You are implying nihilism.
See, if our consiousness is nothing more than by electrical impulses in our brain, then we have to speak about determinism (everything is determined from beginning of time to the end/eternity), since mater does follow physical rules. Therefore everything we have done, are doing and will do, can't be done otherwise - it's absolutely fixed.

Imagine a computer who would determine my actions by calculating each atom, it's spin, charge etc. Now I read it's determination A and decide to change my action to B. Yet this computer should be able to foresee, that and tell me that I will decide A and chnage my mind to B - But i change my mind again back to A. This computer should be able to predict A+B at the same MOMENT. But that's impossible, it's an paradox. I can't be at 2 different places or timelines. Determinism is false, therefore something beyond our physical laws has to exist.

let's please not get into a freewill argument, nothing is ever gained.

Boredom, as far as I can tell.

He still married a jew and produced Jew kids and I'm right. If all I have to do is go to wikipedia and ctrl-F jew to find my answer, why would I go anywhere else once confirmed faggot?

Your statement is brimming with arrogance and ignorance.

When you get to the source you will see what I mean. Have fun.

Take your jew boner elsewhere.

Now purposely vague, you really don't understand why he created us an why we're here. But here you are making up bullshit reasons.

cont.
And if you are right, that our consiousness is nothing more than a tool for survival and breeding, why should it allow awareness? Why don't we function just like roboters? Also that would mean, that no God exists and life wouldn't make any sense. Why would you survive or breed?

If God and an afterlife doesn't exist, then once I am dead I would lose my consiousness, perception, memory, imagination, knowledge, emotion - everything would be gone. Therefore this world wouldn't exist, since there is nothing that could percieve it or react to it. Of course you might argue, that it's gone for me personal, but the "objective world" still exists for other people, hence i have to produce offspring to keep humanity alive. But those people will die too. Everything will die someday. Nothing would ever have a meaning. Humanity, Earth, Milkyway, Galaxy, Universe - completely pointless.

Why should something exist, if it hasn't any purpose to exist? Why should something create itself from nothing without any purpose?
It shouldn't exist, it's that simple, since everything has a purpose in our world we live in.

But we do exist and people argue about the origin (god vs big bang eg). In both cases we have to assume that something always existed - again: Why should existence create itself, if it has no purpose? And the only purpose it can have, if it is eternal. It can only be eternal, if there is something like a soul/spirit.

You lack inherent existence. You are also rude. Not responding to you anymore. Have a nice day.

Why does anything exist?
That's what it comes down to. It doesn't get us anywhere though.

Got ya, I just run into people from time to time who think we have undertaken a massive survey of all visible stars, so I am in the habit of pointing out that we have intensively studied relatively few of them when the subject arises.

>go post in other slide threads goy

Its not something small, its the universe itself. you've been staring through water in the fishbowl trying to find the fishbowl when its the water you've been looking for the entire time.

>You lack inherent existence.

Uh huh, why do you keep making up wildly inaccurate explanations for things you don't understand? Are you trying to prove yourself? Tell me why do you think we do the things we do? Is it also simply bordem?

How you can chalk up everything we are and might achieve to simply boredom is asinine. So God is bored? Do you also even understand the word bordem? It's a state where you feel next to no drive to do anything.

So with you and similar minded people like you, even when their is a creator it still had to be chalk up to randomness, "he just did it because he had nothing better to do". I'm also not trying to be rude, but I am mad. People don't seem to understand how they consistently devalue the things right there in front of them.

One, being, Life.

It's up to you.
I am very certain that humans have the ability of the free will. But not everyone is using it, instead they are living a automated life by habits and instinct.
But I am not saying we have full power, but we being influenced aswell. Just like the kid, who has the "free will" to eat a pot of icecream, but his parents force their will upon the child to prevent him from overeating. It's just the same with us and God. We have a free will, but it's subsidiary to Gods plans and his will.

White brotherhood is coming :)

there is something out there. stars. planets. stuff and stuff we would not call stuff but it's still stuff. maybe some aliens if we are lucky or unlucky, depends on the aliens :/
maybe we find something like a xenomorph, we could breed some xenomorph dogs. I would buy one.

Well said.

Yes, it does.
Either it has no purpose and nothing makes any sense (which is nonsense for various reasons).
Or everything has a purpose, which does imply eternity.

This question, once you think about it, does lead us to God.

Boy, this is Sup Forums. We know all about jewry. This is one of the rare instances where we are trying to talk about anything else.
Your dumb ass didn't know who Fermi was, so you looked him up on wiki-fucking-pedia. Nice first attempt, but go back to lurking for a few more years.

If it does lead to God, what is the purpose then?

>>If God and an afterlife doesn't exist, then once I am dead I would lose my consiousness, perception, memory, imagination, knowledge, emotion - everything would be gone.

Even if an afterlife exists everything you named will be gone. because everything you named is biochemical information in your brain. it wasn't there when you entered this world and you will let it behind as soon as you will leave this world.

a soul doesn't have a brain. no organs. no feelings. no emotions. if we have a soul, this soul will not function in a material way. it's something completely different. another state of existence. without the stuff you know from your everyday life on this planet :)

Do dream make sense?
Are thoughts real?
Are dreams less real than thoughts?

And on to solipsism we go.

I realized one day that in dreams everyone seems real until I wake up. Then I looked at "reality" and realized I was still dreaming. I don't expect others to reach the same conclusions. The funny thing about thoughts being real is that examining them closely can teach a lot about what God really is, but few figure it out on their own.

It's simple: Love.
Sounds cheesy, i know. But it does make sense.

God does imply eternal afterlife (i am not going into reincarnation to keep it short and it would lead to the same result anyways).
If life is eternal, could we ever have a tasks or duties to create something? No, because we would have infinite time to do so.
If we are eternal, we wouldn't even need to eat, drink or somehow fight for our survival.
The point of existence would be to exist. But how would you want to exist?

Nobody could kill you, but you could be tortured, you could experience pain, envy, grief etc. - doesn't sound nice to have a miserable life for eternity, right?
To avoid that, everyone has to learn to respect, take care of each other and so on - short: to love. And love is a skill one has to learn.
Love was also the core teaching of Christ, the son of God.

So this gives us the meaning of life: To exist and to love.
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself"
Luke 10:27

I like you, and you're closer to the truth than you think.

The great filter is this:
Each planet has only enough easily accessible non-renewable resources to support a single global industrialization phase. If the species doesn't make the leap, they eventually degenerate below the industrial level through politics or war. Once back under, they never re-surface because they can't redevelop the tech to access the hard non-renewables without the easy non-renewables in the first place. They remain pre-industrial until a global killer finishes them off.

The only way to ensure the Leap is to eliminate all sub-100 IQ peoples from the planet and give over all land and resources to the populations that produce the most geniuses.

This is why there's a concerted effort to push miscegenation onto whites. There's a bioweapon coming that's engineered to kill non-whites (so be careful of the genes you introduce into your lineage). The only remaining people will be Ashkenazim and the few whites that survive.

Right, but only if you think information can't be stored somewhere else than in our brain.

Again, if an afterlife exists, it does imply a new form of life. Life can only happen, if it does function, right?
And to function, it does need information of some sort.
So either we are recieving "new lives" without memories of our previous physical lifes.
Or information can be stored/transmitted in/to a soul somehow.

That's just theoretical though, I don't know what will happens after death.
But this nihilistic worldview doesn't make any sense to me.

Here's a cunt who's talking sense.

Can you point to mind? When Buddhists speak of emptiness they mean like your imagination, which can be experienced but has no physical existence. So they are saying the "nothing" is really everything. Void is form. Form is void. Death and life are both dreamlike experiences.

>realistically less than a half century of looking for something in a volume of space that any signal would take dozens if not hundreds or thousands of years to cross means nobody/nothing is out there

Swing and a miss.

I honestly hope humanity one day finds a way to achieve FTL travel. Finding a loophole within the current established laws of physics is the ONLY way we'll ever be able to travel significantly distant places, otherwise we're stuck here until extinction.

I do have something that would help with the explanation: A little simplification.
Think of the universe as a giant sandbox filled with sand all the way to the top. You, as a person, are standing in that giant box. You can see a lot of the sandbox in all directions, but not all the way to the end.
You are given a small spoon to scoop up some of the sand and study it. That's how much we know about the other stars near us and the universe.
We have to keep digging, eventually the small spoon will start to get bigger and maybe we can even find a ant in the sand.

When you find a "Self" let me know. I've never found one.

Not necessarily. There are more than enough resources in our solar system.
A Kardashev 2 Civilization would BTFO any galactic empire in all of fiction.

Cogito ergo sum.

Decarte tried to tackle something that could not be explained materialistically.

The issue was he believed metaphysical required some sort of physical manipulation in order to exists materialistically. When there is no law in physics that references a factor of control from absolutely nothing what so ever. While the body and soul may not be directly connected by an easily accessed tangible way of verification. The universe clearly functions causally.

You think that you think, therefore you think that you are.

Oh ffs. Stay off the shrooms.

Feel free to explain how it's otherwise.

Thinking is a reference to something. Casually speaking a simulation theory is still going to lead to a reality based world where the simulation takes place in some small computer.

Is it true our universe is just one of billions? I can’t wrap my head around that

Already did.

Every speck in this pic is a galaxy.

Not sure how that helps Fermi's case.

If philosophy could answer the questions of life and God definatively, the answers would be known. You have to find the answers for yourself by experiencing. No shrooms needed. I have a lot of pity for philosophers, always chasing delusions, never catching them. When you let go completely you'll begin to find the answers. Have a nice day.
I never said anything about a simulation. I said dream. My point is not that I think I know the truth. My point is I can't know, because any "real8ty" can be woken up from. We call one of the ways to wake up from this dream "death". When you die you see instantly that none of this mattered. The problem is most don't train for that moment, so they don't know what to do when they die.

You are so close

The truth is just a little more out of the box, just one plane higher. Its a big bad fishbowl out there.

Radio waves are not an effective way of detecting civilizations outside of a couple light years. Light itself however, is. A civilization older than ours would logically construct a Dyson sphere (swarm). We could see that by stars dimming. We have seen no stars dimming (to the point of "going out") to indicate such a stellar engineering project. As has been pointed out, we have not observed as much as we can. Time will tell, but as of now we have not seen this. If we do it will be the clearest indication of an ayy civilization.

Good day sir.

hopefully there is something out there, i rly do, otherwise we are living in a fucking empty joke.

More than enough resources for what?
Like I said, with no FTL travel we're pretty much stuck here (solar system) until extinction. Generational ships are just illogical and a complete logistical nightmare, we HAVE to find a loophole or create one in Einstein's relativity to be able to travel far away.

think human logic applies universally?

There is something out there and they are all keeping quiet to try and avoid it’s attention.

Necessary parameters for life in the universe along with detailed explanations.

Does Life Exist On Any Other Planet In The Universe? Another Look At SETI

konkyo.org/English/DoesLifeExistOnAnyOtherPlanetInTheUniverseAnotherLookAtSETI

dude lol space doesn't exist ever heard of the firmament you fucking idiots?

Enough resources to create a K2 Civilization. A K2 civilization would last as long as it's star. It's possible to "farm" resources from the sun, for billions of years, look up star lifting.
FTL would be nice but not absolutely necessary. Slower than light travel is acceptable. City sized multi-generational ships, Ships with millions in some form of stasis/cryo, there are alternatives.

>Necessary parameters for life in the universe along with detailed explanations.

We only know the necessary parameters for carbon-based life, because every life on Earth is carbon-based, there might exist extraterrestrial life that isn't carbon-based and thus incomprehensible to us.

The laws of physics do.

>boron
carbon:
no other elements have properties to create such vast diversity of structurally unique and complex gigantic molecules necessary for life

Silicon can.