WSJ Legends

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FM2ns5rIHhg
bato.to/comic/_/comics/saguri-san-tankentai-r20509
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-11-30/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-volume/2011
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-12-02/50-top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-volume/2012
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-01/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-volume/2013
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is that a jojo reference?

Covers

WTF Ikoma?

Any news about Noelle seiyuu in Black Clover? It was going to be announced in this issue

Luffy and Hinata. No Deku. Heroaca is finished.

Shouldn't it be next issue? It has a CP.

RIP U19
You were too good for this world.

>muh next big thing
only the most desperate of bnhafags still think this is something else than a blue exorcist level manga

Jump+ will get seven (7) new series!!

But Deku is right there, crammed into the logo.

>7 new series
Time to place your bets everybody

They all look like shit though.

It doesn't mean anything becuz Hunta isn't there

It hurts

Short-haired blonde girl looks like Komi's artstyle.

...what? No, it's the original mangaka for those WSJ titles celebrating its 50th anniversary.

What's the name of the manga the guy with the black uniform?

>A Black Cover volume without Asta on the cover

Amazing how a small change can make everything look better.

Stupid sexy boar head.

It got more volumes than Ole Golazo.

Based on my completely biased guesses.

>Two-volume wonder
8/22, 8/11, 8/15

>About as long as Spring Weapon
8/3, 8/23, 8/31

>The next Dr. Stone
8/7

>No dragon ball
>No Kenshin
>No Slam dunk
>No FOTNS
>No City Hunter
>No Ai
>No Naruto
>No JoJo
>No HxH/YYH team up
>But fucking Slump and Haikyuu get picked

Do we have names?

In which world is Haikyuu a manga that can stands besides Tsubasa, Kochikame or Dr. Slump. I mean i like Haikyuu but it will be forgotten in 10 years.

please don't be harem-shit again

Really like the color tone on this cover.

OP Covers have gotten boring at this point. They're always overloaded with characters. He needs to focus on specific things. The cover would be much better if it would be only Sanji and Pudding standing in front of each other.

This artist has really great potential. Hope he / she comes out with a better story next time.

All of them except for 8/7 looks generic as hell.

I miss Salmon.

Maybe they should have gotten Salmon and Sesuji.

Wait I recognize the third (31/8) one from a oneshot, iirc correctly it's about climbing/orienteering and exploring.

Ah, Saguri-san Tankentai. Author's the same, looks like he changed title to Saguri-chan Tankentai.

I thought that looked familiar. It was pretty good, so I have slightly more hope now.

>blue exorcist level manga
The truth hurts.

>only girls as mcs

just by that fact alone All of them are destined for failure if they run in Shounen jump, but this is Jump+, so who knows

Being popular once a year is meaningless in the overall, Haikyuu is still a bigger seller overall

It's probably more due to the fact HxH will go into a hiatus 2months early if they ask Toga to scribble anything for the cover

Look you total retard, it's based on the era they are currently promoting with their exhibitions, look at the giant text at the bottom of both covers

The 50th anniversary is actually next year, there will still be special covers for the second exhibition and the third and then stuff for the 50th anniversary in general, the creators promoted on the covers are the ones who have been at the exhibition...Haikyuu and One Piece are just the two current best-sellers so that's why they are at the edges to show that Jump is still strong and not all legacy

I dunno. Boku no Pico is very huge right now. I see a fanart every 2 secnds.

Overall? What do you mean?
Haikyuu outsold hunter x hunter or even Slam dunk? When?

>Overall? What do you mean?
That Haikyuu has a competent mangaka who doesn't go on random hiatus'.

If you need a further sort of understanding of the cover, here is a clip from the actual current exhibition where the original creators of these huge manga from the 70's-80's draw some original drawing and then all draw their most famous character on the guy's shirt, all three of them are represented on this cover now, it's not a coincidence, it's a promotion

youtube.com/watch?v=FM2ns5rIHhg

Blue exorcist volumes sold around 800,000 copies during some years (even though now they sell a lot less). HeroAca volumes haven't still reached that level.

That year to year, One Piece and Haikyuu are overall Jump's best-sellers and supporters right now...even if Hunter x Hunter sold twice as much as One Piece, at the rate it comes out, it's not a pillar of Jump, it doesn't support the magazine in any way because it's not in the magazine most of the time and kids who read the magazine may not even know what it is because it just randomly pops in at Chapter 361 deep in the middle of a story

That's just because fujos love it and they draw more than normal people. In reality, the first four volumes of Neverland sold more than the first four of Boku. Fujos make things look very popular, but they buy very little, so it's all false popularity.

Not that dude, but it's obvious that Haikyuu is a bigger franchise for Jump than HxH in the 2010s. All the Haikyuu merchandise i saw last year everywhere in Japan is nuts.

And yet people at the same time blame fujos for many of the best-sellers in modern manga, make up your minds which one it is.

Noone is complaining about those three. Kochikame,Kinnikuman and the delinquint series are all iconic. Its the choice of Haikyuu and Dr.Slump that makes people upset. If they were going for current series HxH or Boruto would've been better and for slump they could have chosen Dragon ball or Slam Dunk.

HxH - Togashi is too lazy to do a cover
Gintama - Already has the live-action movie for promotion
SnS - Is getting a s3
Saiki - Is getting a s2
Everything else in the magazine is too young, on hiatus (WT) or Isobe.

Haikyuu got the cover because it deserves promotion the most right now. It had its worst ranking of the year last week.

No need to overthink it.

>. It had its worst ranking of the year last week.
Do you really think they would decide on and make a cover only one week before release, autismo?

So I have no clue about who the guy on the far right is, what's his manga about? Should I read it?

Rankings are from 7 weeks ago.

Are you actually implying Dr. Slump isn't iconic? You do realize it's the reason Dragon Ball is huge? Dragon Ball was already popular before a single chapter had been published because people were so hyped up on Toriyama. He was only allowed to end it on the condition he start a new series.

I suspect Dragon Ball will be represented on the cover they do for the 2nd exhibition since in modern times, it is generally thought of as more of a 90's manga than an 80's one. That is also where Slam Dunk will appear, the cover is for series up to the 80's, Slam Dunk started in the 90's.

Haikyu has already been explained.

>calling Kendo Kobayashi "guy"
get weeb or get out of here

That's bs. Fujos spent a lot more on shows they like than a male fan.
It's just that BNHA kinda failed as the next big shonen after Naruto, even though it had the best promotion you could get. The anime has one of the best times to air you could get nowadays but somehow the show isn't clicking with the japanese audience.
It seems like Japan is over the classic shonen battle manga. When was the last time a battle shonen manga succeeded? Blue Exorcist, Magi? But those are just popular because of the Fujos and not because of the general mainstream audience. BnHa will never be a million seller unfortunately.

>Blue exorcist volumes sold around 800,000 copies during some years
gonna need a sauce for that fampai

Oh so thats how they're doing it? I understand it a bit more now. I thought each series on the cover was supposed to represent a different era

I wanted to start a translation of this classic in honor of the upcoming 50th anniversary but unfortunately my Japanese is still way too weak, I hope these events make people more interested in translating the classics everyone's modern favorites were inspired by

Boruto sells less than several other series in WSJ and is monthly, meanwhile Haikyuu is the third biggest series in the magazin, if you only focus on sales.

Bnha 4 vol. 1.500.000 copies
TPN 4 vol. 1.100.000 copies

Bnha is no OP, but is far from being a forgettable small success.

dragonballfags BTFO

8/7 and 8/31 look like the only ones worth a damn

This will be the next big shounen it's happening.

8/7 mite b cool

What about FOTNS? That's an 80's manga but it was skipped over

Dr. Slump anime averaged higher ratings than DB anime. In fact, one episode (Can't remember which one) had a 35% tv rating and is third most watched anime episode of all time. You're underestimating the popularity of Dr. Slump.

Yes, if you look at the covers, that bottom text where it says 80'sレジェンド, it means 80's Legends

It's focused on a particular era, the reason Otoko is represented is because its by far the biggest series of that early era before 1976-1977 so they use it to represent the whole thing because Jump is just too big at this point to represent all eras properly without having like ten different covers or making the characters really small like they did for the 40th

>because fujos love it
Nah, I'm living in a fujo country, where 90% of titles published need to have some sort of fujobait, yet there is no BnHA in sight.

bato.to/comic/_/comics/saguri-san-tankentai-r20509

Saguri-san, is basically the new Dagashikashi, Golden Kamui, Hataraku Saibou...

dude hanging out with cute girl while dumping info about the premise meanwhile the mangaka teases "will they get together or won't they, every now and then"

I like this kind of manga

Yeah I got Otoko. I had no idea what the series even was until an user from a week or two ago took the time out of their day to explain it but it does sound like a fascinating tale. It definitely deserves its spotlight.

>Golden Kamui
I think it's vastly different from Saguri and Dagashi.

That one also confuses me, if the next cover will be "Golden Age", Hokuto no Ken is generally considered to have kicked off that era, but it never made it to the 90's (unlike most of the other big ones) so it would sort of be a loophole if they represented it there

The only thing that really makes that weird is just that Saint Seiya is represented on this cover instead of Ring ni Kakero, because if it was Ring ni Kakero, then all of the six series on here would be huge classics that started BEFORE Hokuto no Ken and then the next one could all be ones that started after the Golden Age began but I suspect if they do six series again for the next one it'll include Hokuto no Ken, Slam Dunk, Dragon Ball, Rokudenashi Blues and City Hunter

I thought by this time the seniors in Haikyuu would have graduated. Glad to see best boy is still around.

Yeah that makes sense. Wonder if it just had something to do with the rights on why they chose Sieya instead of Kakero

Maybe, but I would have thought it would be the reverse, it's the same author and Ring ni Kakero and Ring ni Kakero 2 were both published at Shueisha but all of Saint Seiya's sequels including ones that are still ongoing are at other publishers like Akita Shoten

I wish Arale were drawn with those proportions more often. I really dislike her DB crossover design.

What are you talking about? It's a sports manga, it will end when they graduate. They are still having the most boring match of the series and aren't even facing any titans of the Nationals yet, though the next match will be the one with their rivals so technically the series could end with that match or the one after or it could do the unprecedented and have it skip to the next year but I doubt Furudate even wants to work that hard

I know, I was just breaking down the formula and simplifying it my dude

now that I think about it, Dr. Stone fits in the category too

I imagine Haikyuu has around two more years at least to go. I really doubt the editors want it to end when its so popular. At least until robot lazer takes off I can't see it ending

Not really. S1 was really slow, only 13 episodes and nichigo was at the end. Just look how S2 was more praised. More fights, more characters, good tv rankings (top 10 last week) and even had a little manga boost (someting very rare in second seasons).

Well, sure, but at this rate you could stretch out two years in real time to just finish the Nationals (if you want them to win it) and if the matches are going to be as dry as this one, I don't see how the series would maintain popularity

Boku is cartunish. If the fujos really love the series it would be already selling millions. Why do you think Haikyuu is so big? Cute skinny boys. In Boku we have frogs, muscle old mans and creepy teens.

I hope Numa comes back with another manga. He didn't do too bad with Salmon.

Don't fucking remind me.

This cover is pretty good.

I agree, it's just sad that it wasn't Aniki

He'll get the 8th for sure.

Blue Exorcist 6 - 800,037 copies
Blue Exorcist 5 - 799,496
Blue exorcist 7 - 795,573
Blue Exorcist 8 - 865,836
Blue Exorcist 10 - 844,790

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-11-30/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-volume/2011
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-12-02/50-top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-volume/2012
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-01/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-volume/2013

>No Goku
>No Deku

Haikyuu? It was about volley I think, without special powers thingy.
>Otoko
Oh that's what it's called? Sadly no English translation.
What DB crossover?

Rather be XXed than be loved
>A lovely high school girl, her "secret" is...!?
Backstreet Bunch
>A story about men who live in the backstreet and a girl who lost her way there
Mone-san's too serious relationship
>Too serious Mone-chan and too heart throbbing relationship!!
Manga Kill - Mankoro-
>Unpopular means death! Axed means death! Mangaka of death's battle!!
High Risk Mission Therapy
>Grope and grope that girl to save her! Medical treatment is high risk!!
Slime Life
>The highly popular "Yurupuni Comedy"'s serialization starts!!
Saguri-chan Exploration Party
>Go on an adventure with that cute girl!!

So yeah the only series that look good are Backstreet Bunch and Saguri-chan. Maybe Manga kill but its probably just some shitty harem wth a manga style twist

I think he means when Arale appeared during Dragon Ball and beat up General Blue.