How did Sup Forums react to the last few episodes of TTGL when it aired?

How did Sup Forums react to the last few episodes of TTGL when it aired?

Other urls found in this thread:

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm491534
youtu.be/wbnEBW8PZ_k?t=72
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i remember there being a lot of moefags shitting up the threads because there was this divide between GARfags and moefags

I think Lucky Star was airing at the same time so it went both ways.

Nearly everyone had dropped it by that point so there wasn't much of a reaction

One piece will end in 2020

Anyone who dropped it shouldn't post here anyway

I need a 10th anniversary Yoko fig.

>Moe won

I kind of miss MANime. It has been a decade full of beta faggot MC's. A bit of both would be refreshing

JoJo exists
Season 5 when

How Japan reacted

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm491534

>Comments: "Disgusting" "Ripoff" "Wasn't that bad, but it's easy to tell how old people who say it's really good are" "stay the fuck out of SRW please" "The best robot anime were in the 80's" "Isn't the believe in me who believes in you thing a ripoff of Kamen Rider 555?"

>"The so-called hotblood was too aimed for and badly written" "Throwing together tropes doesn't make a good show" "Only children like this rubbish" "I honestly found it boring" "Fake hotblood" "People say it's a homage but it's just a ripoff" "I don't think it's a ripoff, but the supposed hotbloodedness felt all wrong" "This is a parody right?"
>I hate how the retards who like this tend to make fun of the shows it's an homage to

>TTGL thread this low energy

fuck literally everyone in this thread

Nips were a mistake desu

This is cherrypicking right?
Please don't tell me this was the general reaction

>Nips were a mistake desu

They are over-reacting (or rather, the guy who quoted this shit is nitpicking), but it's not like they're that wrong.
TTGL is pretty low among the better robot shows. It's still among the better ones but usually you can pick any good one and it will have outdone it on anything besides fanservice.

I kinda miss that. You either were moefag or manimefag and you could not watch both Lucky star or TTGL

recs for better ones? I kinda liked the whole stupid thing of those mechas basically running on hype.

Sup Forums has low spiral power

GenoCyber.

TTGL peaked at ep 12.

Everything they said was objectively right though

Watch out, you're going to get recommended some glorified toy commercial. Despite trying out a number of mecha shows that were meant to be better than TTGL, I found only two that were 'merely' just as good, namely Giant Robo OVA and Shin Mazinger Z.

Generally, most super shows use that. The protagonists get thrown against impossible odds, they carry through by the power of will or a necessary bad-ass sacrifice.

Gun/Diebuster are easy choices. Getter Robo Armageddon amounts for like 60% of TTGL. GaoGaiGar is amazing but it is on the older side so you'll have to be prepared for some monster of the week stuff before the plot kicks into gear. If you don't mind going the JoJo way of style over substance, Mazinkaiser SKL is a well animated bloody-cool OVA about a duo of badasses fucking over an entire island of warring nations to save the Earth.

In other words, no different than Sup Forums.

Gee i wonder why

The last 4 episodes are the best though

It's funny because the Lucky Star creators were definitely into a lot of GAR shit.
Those shots at the manga/video store that parodied 80s robot anime protagonists.
Practically name bombing Getter Robo and Gunbuster.
Arguing over specials as fake SRW footage plays in the background.

>In other words, no different than /m/
Fixed.

youtu.be/wbnEBW8PZ_k?t=72

Seeing this image reinvigorates anger how good the first 15 or so episodes were but everything afterwards was so bad.

this. never trust the autists from /m/ they will recommend some trashy robo show only made to push merchandise on the worst type of otaku. they are elitist in the worst sense and while shows like TTGL, Eva and Gunbuster owe a lot to the mecha genre they cannot be reduced to it. most mecha is TRASH. fact

Is the Sup Forums archive still up?
The one that you've to vote archive threads, because those live threads were archived there along with the Death Notes one.

>trashy robo show only made to push merchandise on the worst type of otaku

Most robot shows are aimed at kids, rather than otaku.

Is it because we're all little girls?

Little girls can have a lot of spiral power.

Watch Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu
Its THE show that got me into super robots and its still my hands down favorite to this day.
Also read the Getter Robo manga.

>Implying the majority of anons from that period are still here
The Sup Forums we loved and cherished is long gone user

Is this the /m/ thread in disguise? Because I want all of you faggots to watch Shin Mazinger Z.

I did. It was okay

The first 7 episodes or so was agonizingly slow but after that it was a fun ride. Not to mention that fucking cliffhanger out of nowhere.

The first scene of the show is the last scene of the show. Kouji wins, but its an endless loop. At least until we get Shin Great. Which I actually heard appeared in the newest SRW or something.

Jojo is our last hope

People cried.

Turns out when you accelerate to 23.97 asspulls per second, amazing things happen.

The ending ruins it.

Imagine reposting the same troll for 10+ years

i love the fuck outta nate i wanna suck his big manly cock so bad, no homo

Yeah I don't know what is smoking.

earthquake

> WHEN IS YOKO GOING TO GET FUCKED !!?!???
> YOKO / SIMON OTP FTW !!!!!!

x 10000 times

>When is yoko going to get fucked
Never, she became a spinster.

>WHEN IS YOKO GOING TO GET FUCKED !!?!???
>ends up getting fucked literally never, by no one
The irony

The only correct answer

thinking to start mazinger , can i start with shin mazinger Z or should i watch the 70s show first?

Getter Robo Saga manga is mandatory reading.

Then we are doomed.

If you want to get the whole shebang read the manga, the 70's show is like all classic 70's anime in that they go on forever and they're mostly filler.

>Giant mechs along with ordinary Military
I fucking love this.

That's the entire concept of Getter Robo Go. Go read it.
You should probably read the Original Getter Robo and Getter Robo G first to fully understand it
Though I guess you don't have to because Getter Robo Go focuses on a new group of characters
But you should anyway because they aren't very long and you don't want to be a part skipper