Introduced as a forgettable side gimmick character

>introduced as a forgettable side gimmick character
>quickly became 2016's most beloved waifu
what went wrong?

>most beloved waifu
Kill yourself

Character improvement through the series, something hard to see outside novels, even harder when we talk solely about anime.

2017's most beloved waifu says hello to 2016's most beloved waifu.

But that's wrong, she isn't a side character. The author designated her the "rising heroine".

>>introduced as a forgettable side gimmick character
What?

He's talking about her introduction, where she did just seem to be nothing more than blue twin shit talker. This is a bit more emphasized with the WN, since Subaru only gradually begins to distinguish between the two. First as "Pink/Blue", then as "worse version of Rem/better version of Ram", before finally treating them as separate people.

Here's how it actually went:

>>Rem is BEST Girl.
>>Felix / Neko Fuckboy is 2nd BEST "Girl."
>>Re ZERO is WORST show.
>>Subaru is SHITTIEST male protag outside of h-doujins.

>forgettable
heh

>2016's most beloved waifu
Did you post the wrong picture?

>>>Re ZERO is WORST show.
I wish I forgot that SAO exists too

Megumin is popular but not as much as Rem.

Which gives her a lot more haters and goes against the notion that she's the most beloved.

That's not how it works though

That's how it works when a character has as many haters as fans.

That's not true

Look at this and tell me how she doesn't look like a side character during her introduction. Hell, I even mixed up the sisters' names regularly while watching arc 2.

I really don't get the appeal of Rem and my main fetish is maids with high-thighs/pantyhose.

She's just terribly ugly.

What fucking brand of retard logic are you using?

Her character design is terribly simple.

Sup Forums has a huge boner for cucked females for some reason

I witnessed it myself. You don't have to believe me.

Someone say Rem?

No it's really not, she's just uninspired.

Just because the haters are vocal doesn't mean there are that many of them. She won most of the popularity contests she entered, that wouldn't be possible if she had that many haters.

That's because you can't vote against a character.

Rem what now?

One on one popularity contests.

>Rem against Emilia
>wins by only 10000 votes in a 190000 votes turnout
See, that's what I'm talking about.

That's not the point. Finals had a 90k votes difference. Where are the haters?

122901 people voted for a forgotten DAL character over Rem. I doubt that they genuinely liked her.
I'll take back that she has as many haters, but that's still a lot.

If you included information about Re:Zero polls having Rem at 50% and Emilia 10% you could make a point.

>122901 people voted for a forgotten DAL character over Rem
That character got into finals though

Well yeah she has many haters, many people hate re:zero even though they didn't watch it. But she has way more genuine fans than genuine haters.

By beating whom?

post official

autism

Courtesy of Re:Zero Arc 4 LN editors

they take the "forgotten" too literally

Well you don't want to confuse people that only watched the anime with all the references to scenes you cut.

I don't blame them. What else could they do to make Emilia better and more popular?

Am I still considered a "hater" if I dislike Emilia AND Rem? Like seriously, I think both characters honestly suck ass in terms of character development, but you all seem ready to jump on anyone who doesn't like either of the Kawaii desu~ ugo~ girl of the season.

Wow, that gif actually made me sad for a moment.
What is wrong with me?

use her screentime properly and make her actually a better character?

>
>Kawaii desu~ ugo~ girl of the season.
what? No, I think you're just retarded.

Rem ruined the doujin market for Re:Zero

such a bad bad girl she is

>he's not a vanillafag
Who is laughing now ntrfags?

What do you mean? Rem is the doujin market for Re:Zero.

I remember almost puking because of generic maid twins, Rem was a truly good surprise.

I actually thought the story was going to go full harem anime after those two were introduced. I actually kind of liked Emilia back then, until she got more screen time.

The twins don't fall in love with the MC in the story?

Emilia is such a bait character. Looks good and promising at first until she gets more screentime and you learn how bland and disappointing she actually is.

The only character that falls in love with Subaru during the anime is Rem.

>most beloved waifu
Fuck off and kill yourself, normalfag.

>anime
even in arc 6, Rem is the only character who loves him without any shenanigans going on

Who's that?

Only Rem. Ram is in love with Roswaal.
Petra loves him. However, does anyone really give a shit about Petra?

How about the other one? Will she fall in love with the MC anytime soon? You know, that happens a lot in other stories.

>Petra loves him. However, does anyone really give a shit about Petra?
manipulated memories

Emilia starts developing feelings for him in Arc 5, but that's kind of forced by Subaru.

She has her own lover.

Emilia doesn't know the "real" Subaru

I never understood this meme. Sure SAO is pretty bad teenage garbage, but it has features such as somewhat competent animation quality and decent ost. It's hardly even worse than most of the seasonal garbage that gets forgotten. In scale of all anime it doesn't even get close to being the absolute shittiest turd fest that anime has to offer. Or do you guys just have some sort of an rivalry with SAO as both the shows have overlapping target audience?

She loves the big clown cock.

Yeah right now, but what if she'll change her mind in the future? I think she already has some feelings for the MC near the end of the anime.

Her feelings are the same as a brother/sister in law because that's what basically they are.

The web novel is much further into the story, with a 1 year time skip in it. Still no feelings for him, and she even dislikes him because she thinks he is not good enough for her sister.

But yeah if she ever started to develop romantic feelings for him I would be pretty disappointed.

but it's the truth generally speaking

If anything she's the temporary waifu, best girl of sorts, and her popularity was mostly always in more normalfag circles. In those circles her popularity is already wading, and none of the "serious" point to obsession waifufags give her any value.

It's not long until she's entirely forgotten now.

Well, it's been a year now and people still talk about her a lot even though there was no new content for the masses since the anime ended. But yeah, like with everything else, the popularity will decrease as the time goes on without new content.

I have an idea for the lust authority Subaru can get
Putting it simply, its a combat authority. I think he'll be able to summon a Rem doll made out of Witch Miasma, and this doll has all her standard capabilities including her mace and retain the ability to cast corrupted versions of her magic .

What kind of target audience?

Not that user, but they're both teenage oriented fantasy isekai and light novel/ anime in the first place. It's natural there's a huge overlap in the people who find the works interesting.

Petra had a crush on him since the end of arc 2

As far as I understand it, the writing and focus of the series couldn't be more different.

I wouldn't mind if Ram loves Subaru for reasonable reasons.

>what went wrong
retardeds not understanding that she is a psychopath that kills for no reason.

Sure, but I don't see how that would mean there's no overlap in interests at least premise-wise, which is in fact the top factor of people getting into the series in first place.

Vanilla doujin is cool, but I also want some sad and tragic doujins and some of other couples like Ram/Barusu, Fortuna/Petelgeuse, Echidna/Roswaal...

>Ram/Barusu
Plenty of 3-way doujins out there.

What?

I actually want doujins of just those two. No Rem involved. Would be much better if they are some tragedy shit.

>quickly became 2016's most beloved waifu
Be respectful correct title is Waifu of the decade.

that where you're wrong

There are waifus who are objectively better though.

>suck ass in terms of character development
>Kawaii desu~ ugo~ girl of the season.
You should try harder

Yeah, Rem obviously was both.

>poll involving other shows
That's basically asking for others to vote tactically or just to spite an audience
Sup Forums itself is full of people who pretend to love Emilia just to provoke

if you didn't follow the story, maybe

Who is this blue hydrangea Ram?

>story

Don't be silly. She's obviously a Forget-Me-Not.

>Re:Zero and SAO Worst shows
I'm not sure if you are new and trying to fit (in that case lurk at least 2 years more and watch more anime) or just baiting.

That's exactly what he means.

Don't pin Emilia falling short on other characters

>was literally introduced to cater to maid and tentacles fetishes.
>somehow didn't look like a joke character.
?

Look, Rem just has the most doujin compatible personality. I mean, just look at her. She's practically a doujin girl already, who just needs Subaru to give her the D.