Was this board better without meme flags?

Was this board better without meme flags?

There are pros and cons.

No. Too many cunts derailed conversations and ignored valid points based on flags. If you want to throw some "bantz" at people for where they are located at, go to /bant/. Also, I smell underage bait, nobody above 18 complains about them.

You bet. Sup Forums was the most civilized forums.

Meme flags are the worst thing to happen to this board, but on the plus side having Sup Forums x and filtering all meme flags has made my pol experience 99% less shilly.

>being retarded
You do realize Sup Forums between 2011-2015 didn't have country flags at all, and you could only choose between no flag or an array of "meme" flags, right?
Country flags were added around Sup Forums harbor, and "meme" flags were temporarily removed around that time. Meme flags were reintroduced when mods realized country flags ruined anonymity when chucklefucks from r/the_donald started crying "POO IN LOO" or "A FUCKING LEAF" or "SHART IN MART" at any post with a flag they could meme at instead of actually responding to the post.

Yes. Before, people would call for the extermination of Jews, blacks and Muslims, using their country's flags. Now, people call for the extermination of Jews, blacks and Muslims, using pirate flags. It will take me years - possibly even decades - to fully adjust to these radical changes.

Yes.

we could always call out leafs, aussie shitposters and pajeets, but now they hide sometimes.

Yeah, I realize all of this. If someone is from a joke country, it's good to know so that I can discard their opinion.

Now, Nazi flags, Gadsden flags and especially UN flags are used almost entirely by trolls and shills. It's made it very easy to filter out the chaff.

>If someone is from a joke country, it's good to know so that I can discard their opinion.
This is why country flags ruined Sup Forums and goes against the fundamentals of an anonymous imageboard, this is not Sup Forums

To be fair, mindless liberal ideology coming from an anonymous user is just noise that you have to filter. If you see it coming from leafland or aquafresh, you understand that they're just brainwashed and you can move on. If it's coming from an American, you can just assume it's a child from California staying up late instead of writing their paper on the benefits of Communism.

Hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa.

Sup Forums... Sup Forums never changes.

Meme flags were suppose to be a few day trial. I never heard why, but the CIA canned getting rid of them, cant imagine why.

I think we all understand that this is an information gathering board.

Random flags, no sticky, and no ID.

Fuck you Pipebomb

Yes, it was better. Your nationality is a key part of any political argument, especially a criticism. You shouldn't be able to hide from it.
As much as some might claim otherwise, we assume that anyone with a meme flag is a burger without really thinking about it. But if Pierre is shitposting downthread on, say, American gun control or health care, he shouldn't be able hide behind a meme flag.
All you really know about meme flags is that confirmed Indians dropped by like 90% after they were introduced.
Poo in a fucking loo, Pajit.

this board was better without the kikeloving trumpfaggots that came with the elections.

It's better with memeflags since 90% of the reddit tier/ (you) grabbing shitposts are done with memeflags so you can just filter that trash out now.

Absolutely.

Every single meme flag is a filthy Canadian. Every one of them.

I remember when they first showed up, some user conducted a study about Canadian flag frequency before and after meme flags and it was pretty much statistically proven that the drop in Canadian glad is practically equal to the rise in meme flags. Almost as if they switched them to hide their dirty Canadian shame.

I hate Canada so much. Most of you are racist against Jews or blacks or Mexicans but I am racist against Canadians. Disgusting filthy people.

Without a doubt but "they" obviously have a reason for it.

>Before meme flags
User from [insert country here] formulates a well articulated argument or criticism.
''Heh I was almost forced to face the fact that my argument was bad but I see here that your flag is [insert nationality here] hahaha tough luck pal.''
>After meme flags
User from [unknown country] formulates a well articulated argument or criticism.
''Heh I was almost forced to face the fact that my argument was bad but I see here that your flag is a meme flag hahaha tough luck pal.''

Don't fool yourself. Sup Forums is ad-hom: the board, with or without meme flags.

Jesus Christ. You could land a plane on that guy's forehead.

yes it was. Im sick of every post being countered with something about the flag the user used.m

yes

yarrr, this be correct response

I always assume meme flaggers are poos or mexicans or other shitskin countries

Because they're gay fags. And, by that, I mean that it's the NSA who would stoop to bother with this drivel.

>nobody above 18 uses them.
Tidied that up for u m8.

Show your flag, t*rk