Can we just talk "out of character" here for a second and agree that this is just an objectively bad portrait...

Can we just talk "out of character" here for a second and agree that this is just an objectively bad portrait? Seriously it's like something a high school senior would make for his art final and get a C on... yet everyone is pretending it's such a great and "sharp" picture. I feel like I'm listening to a mother show me and a bunch of other parents her kid's finger painting on the fridge and everyone is just nodding respectfully and congratulating the mom for having such a "talented" kid but I just want to scream and say "IT FUCKING SUCKS YOUR KID IS A HACK" yet no one is saying it about this portrait of Obama yet I feel like if just one person stood up and said "ENOUGH. THIS IS TERRIBLE STOP PRETENDING TO LIKE IT" then millions of others would agree.

Or is that just me? I don't think it's a good portrait at all. Compare it to JFK's... it's like comparing a "Fifty Shades of Gray" to The Odyssey. Seriously.

We WUZ THUMBS N THANGS

It's not a good picture. I mean it just looks exactly as you described. A beginner painting student that knows as much about color schemes and color theory as I do. Don't get me won't, Obama looks damn near spot on. But the ivy just looks bad in the background. And the ivy itself is done pretty well. It's just, you look at it and you think a toddler decided he wanted leaves in the background.
From what I've read it's not the portrait going in the White House.
I'm no fan of Obama but if we're going to hang his portrait in the White House it should be a good one.

Can we meme "Obama manspreading" into existence?

ya all politics aside its terrible

someone point this out in another thread

I like that it has Obama outside, while all other presidents' portraits are inside. It gives the sense that he was more of a field nigger than a house nigger.

Most likely Obama's face was done from a photograph on an overhead projector. The artist traced it.

I mean at least it looks like obama, this shit is fucking TERRIBLE. You can pretend like it’s good, you can claim that “that was the stylistic approach,” this is her M.O, I call bullshit. This portrait does not even resemble Michelle.

Painter fag here who graduated from the Chelsea School of Art.

It's shit. Pure. Fucking. Shit.

When I first saw it, I thought, someone on Sup Forums could do better. The artistry is poor. Even for a piece that uses Photoshop and projection, I've seen better work in my class.

Then saw that a nigger painted it, and it all made sense.

Requesting Michelle edit with panus.

Yes, it's trashy.

so much of the ivy is copy paste

It's called Photorealism user. You trace over the projected photograph and then go from there.

checked

>he has no thumbs

Thanks bro

Sure thing, user.
checked

i think the bigger issue here is the sperm cell on his head

Just another vain nigger.

The bushes are a place where probabilities move about. Inside every bush is schrodinger's Nigger. You never know when a Nigger might pop out of the bushes, it's wild.

I didn’t like it at first, but it’s growing on me.

Those are representations of real flowers involving Obama’s worldly life story. It’s actually worth zooming into to look at, it’s very classical internet.

It’s very obnoxious, but who cares? The racists would laugh at any portrait he would do. It’s post modern in a very deep way. 2017 was the beginning of a new era. Only time will tell how it will hold up

I'm art illiterate. Enlighten me.

One thing I don't understand, if a lot of the leaves are copy pasted, does that mean it isn't an actual painting, but rather was just created on some software then printed?

You open your heart and come up with ways to describe it

Sperminator

>if

IF?
See:
&

this isn't even fingerpainting-level. he literally copy-pasta'd the leaves haphazardly across the background, and made it look like obama has six fingers.

It's traced

I think it's just bad art. From close examination each "copy" is just a shitty painted reproduction. It was just a way to cheat for the artist.

Brilliant

you missed some I can see

The face you make when you pay a gay guy to paint a portrait of you and you end up with sperm on your face.

look at the wood grain on the back of the chair as well
early-2000s flash art tier

If this is what a C student at your high school makes, I'd like to see what A students at your school are doing.

You are an A student, aren't you, user? Let's see your projects.

That's a penis

You have seen lots of art from Sup Forums

You know, I wouldn't object to Obama having his picture in a garden. If he wants to stand out, you can still look presidential in a garden.

His pose isn't terrible, though I'd have picked a different position for his hands. I'd prefer he be standing, but FDR was sitting (i'm aware he had polio)

For you.

OP, please stop posting that shopped version. Here is a high quality unstopped version for everyone who respects our president to use,

holy fuck, why is this not happening

I describe it as pretty weak. The lighting could be softer, as the warmth is too emphasized. It makes me think of some generic instagram photo with boosted saturation. Most likely to draw focus on Obama. It makes him feel fake.
The background is what really destroys the portrait for me. It fights with the subject matter which is Obama himself. The colors are very warm, and as such feels out of balance.
Compared to the other portraits dpnr this is definitely the worst.
And don't get me started on Michelle's portrait. That shit looks like a drawing unfinished in Photoshop.

Also checked.

>those rough brushstrokes
>that impossible angle on the glass
>way he's holding a circular base from its sides and only in one small portion which would make it instantly spill
>using cheap, dry-ass acrylic and not oil
>canvas clearly visible under the thin as fuck paint

>And don't get me started on Michelle's portrait. That shit looks like a drawing unfinished in Photoshop.
because that's literally exactly was it is, leaf

really it looks like someone put a giant sticker of Obama on a photograph of some photoshopped ivy that was printed out at kinkos

it's called a schelling point

no one thinks it's good, but they lose the shitlib game if they say so - the emperor of shitlibistan once again has no clothes

They are both objectively bad. Also it’s a picture of a Nigerian nigger who committed treason so....

What's wrong with your complexion? It looks like she's made out of stone. These portraits are just awful. I see better stuff from anime artists on Danbooru every time I go thair to fap.

The most ridiculous part is there has to have been at least one nigger artist in America who could do decent portraits. They only wanted a chocolate man to do it because of race politics.

Looks like a vaporwave album cover.
A E S T H E T I C out of 10

Libs at my uni say the picture is unique but all agree that it is inappropriate as a presidential portrait. One even said the artist had a picture depicting a black woman decapitating a white woman. Is that last part true?

not actually photoshopped, he has 10 chinks in Beijing doing the painting for him

Those are big hands

It's fucking comedy gold. It literally needs no memeing or commentary on our part. Even normies have been able to overcome their fear of being called raysis to admit it is hilarious. Just that image of his portrait with all of the other previous classy portrait. Oh my god, fucking priceless. If ever you needed proof that nigs are gonna nog, even when they're the most powerful man in the world, there ya go. Nigs noggin.

Yes. He also sneaks cum into all of his paintings:

>let some black megafaggot do your portrait
>he puts gay shit everywhere
no shit

Who, for all we know, are using Photoshop.

>could have had any background to have a stand out portrait
>light indigo copy pasta ivy

It's pure shit and the sperm is bonus.

solid gif and filename
10/10

true, not sure how things are supposed to look so vector with regular paint

Why are there sperms in his hands?

I like it, much more interesting than the usual boring portraits.

That's the black chick from Shameless LOL

Is it possible for niggers to have any real talent? Good lord.

When it's time to arrest him can we get the real version where the ivy is on fire and the chair is charred and ashen?

Anyone have this "portrait" with the parental advisory edit? lol

Michelle's a fucking cartoon. Kehinde Wiley is a glorified tracer. Using photoshop and interns.

benis

the ivy leaves are patterned too. i know jack shit about art, but that just seems lazy.

Why couldn’t he just have an ordinary portrait? For fucks sake he REALLY hates our countries traditions

Some art is just bad.

I think it looks tight, just wish they would have rendered the leaves in the background fully instead of cell shading them. Michelle's portrait is the bad one, not a good likeness at all.

We have to now...all over Tumblr.

I’ve seen better photos without staging, dear god what the fuck

loooool

Hol' up
Am I retarded or does he have 2 right hands

What's up with Obama's pinky in that painting? Lost it in knife fight with John Podesta over a slice pizza offered Ba'al?

I legitimately thought that was a dog's anus from some other painting this jig did

The only missing detail is that the paintings are not on black velvet.

ur retrartred m8

Where? Am I autistic I really don’t see it

>talk out of character
>implying

Nobody actually liked it when it was revealed. As the minutes and hours went on post reveal more and more people expressed dissatisfaction, even among his ardent fans.

Did you even pay attention to the public reaction upon reveal, or do you have an IV drip of MSNBC permanently attached to your aorta?

Can we get this to Hannity to redeem his now deleted forehead sperm tweet? The dick is definitely there- confirmed with my wife, even a different color.

This is the most hilarious thing ever painted in US history...

The bigger picture is the actual PENIS on his forearm. Black dick- obvious as fuck

kekity