MC is an autistic idiot pretending to be """"""deep""""" and smart

>MC is an autistic idiot pretending to be """"""deep""""" and smart
What's the appeal?
>inb4 he's just like me

He's just like you :^)

The appeal is it explores those ideas you have about him and goes in depth about his view on the world.
One day you'll understand that you don't have to completely agree with the main character in order to be entertained or interested in the way they think.

Oregairu is kinda a guilty pleasure show of mine because I find that concept appealing. He's not really like me though. When I was a loner in highschool and college I usually just focused on my hobbies rather than observing other people.

I think its that you can identify with him acting like that because when you didn't have friends or couldn't get girls you thought that way. He's acting deep and smart to cope with the fact he's a loser. The novels/show are pretty clear that he's wrong. It's not like they're advocating following him. I mean the whole point in the current arc is that he's trying to change.

yahari fags are truly autistic as fuck

He's not really a loser though. The show implies that he's a good student, though only because he has nothing better to do than studying and playing video-games. Yukinoshita even says he's pretty handsome despite his dead eyes.

Isn't it more autistic to be unable to understand anything but what YOU think is right?

you again huh
all you've done is call them autistic but refuse to say why

He's only good at Japanese, he sucks at everything else, and even in Japanese, he's still behind Hayama and Yukinoshita

why do you guys say "deep" and "smart" ironically? a person either says something right (smart) or misinformed/ignorant (dumb)

What's an example of something deep then?

Honestly, I think the word has been memed to the point were its only used ironically. Its lost all true meaning.

Even if anybody was to say something legitimately profound, they'ed only be met with smirks or fedoras.

Your mom's butthole

But can anything profound even be said in the current year?
Philosophers already had it down years ago, right?
So if somebody parrots that stuff nowadays i can't be considered profound because it's not an original thought.

In regards to 8man, seems like people mistakenly label what he's saying as 'deep' or 'edgy' when in reality it's just abnormal. His specific inner monologue isn't something often seen in fictional works.

Hachiman is better than most of us, he is truly kind hearted and considering for others even not appreciated

leave us self-inserters alone user-kun

VOLUME TWELVE NEVER EVER

I DON'T CARE IF HE ENDS UP WITH YUI OR YUKINO JUST FUCKING END IT ALREADY

are you sure?
What if he ends up with Saika?

>YUI OR YUKINO
B-but none of them is Iroha.

Imouto.

I dont dislike Iroha but she is butting the already delicate love triangle.

>It's autistic because my simple mind can't comprehend it

he's just like me, a troubled soul searching for any meaning to this pathetic life.

(you)

>MC is an autistic idiot pretending to be """"""deep"""""
I agree this is pretty retarded.
>and smart
But he's actually smart, turboautist tier smart.

Watari probably got scared because S2 was shit in comparison to the LN, what's that new oregairu rip-off by the way? might pick it up if it's translated.

how is S2 shit? Dont fucking said it was the drawing. It was tense as the LN was.

I liked the first season, desu. For the ending's conclusion, I really liked the other characters recognizing his self sacrifice was the best solution to things, even though they hated it. It feeds something I really wanted in my life. Something like "knowing better than other people, because I'm much smarter than everyone else, and them having no choice but to agree with my positions"?

It certainly isn't teen angst, though. The melodrama gets even worse in S2, and I just really hated every moment of it.

Bullseye huh?

Yes, the problem is that there are like 4 maries in this story.

I thought they want 8man to stop hurting himself for the sake of others?

Yeah, they dont agree that self sacrafice was the best solution. They see that yeah it works, but its not worth it if he's getting hurt in the process. The whole point is he slowly realizes there are people who care about him and that self sacrifice hurts them.

they forgot the love comedy of "yahari ore no seishun love comedy wa machigatteiru"

I don’t know if it’s me being retarded or the studio change but I couldn’t follow the events of this show’s S2 at all.

it's correct because it was not a comedy

agree

read the LN, you cant understand much but at least there is continuity of dialogue.

i want him to be cuckolded by Hayama sooooo badly

Hayama should go fuck and Haruno

Yeah this show is such bullshit. One of the most annoying things I've watched. Overly dramatic like a shitty soap opera but at the same time pretentious and slow.

>What's the appeal?
>>inb4 he's just like me
This is probably why I can't stand this guy and dropped S2.

It unironically really made me think about my relationships

They got the love comedy wrong, but you should have expected it.

Self insert purposes.

Yui will win, Yukinofags will be in tears pleading for forgiveness.

For me, the reason SNAFU is popular is complex. I might need to go a bit in depth here

The series starts off with typical ~relatable~ almost-goth loner, Hachiman, and how he goes about his high school life. He believes he's hot stuff, and that everyone should adopt his worldviews as he's able to out argue everyone on it, arguably. But then, he meets Yukino. Yukino has much the same personality and beliefs as him, yet she's at the top of her class (and also has more serious home life issues than Hachiman, as he later finds out). Yukino is the first character in the series able to take him down a peg, and so she earns his respect as an equal, as well as beginning to plant the seeds of doubt in Hachiman's head. Not long after, Hachiman meets Yui, who, while not as sharp as Yukino, manages to best him in another way: when shown the same social atrocities that forced Hachiman into his loner state, Yui takes a more optimistic approach, which often ends up working. Again, this begins to make Hachiman question whether he is truly right. After that, there's a lot of stupid anime crap mixed in with character development for the main 3, which I won't get into because this is already way too long. (tl;dr of it though: Hachiman finds out the seriousness of Yukino's home life and the motivations of Yui's bright personality and begins to feel inferior for giving up so early despite being much more blessed)

The finale is definitely Hachiman saying "I want the real thing" in the classroom, even despite being memed about, but I have a guess as to the meaning: Hachiman wants a world/life where he doesn't have to put on a false persona to everyone, and they could all react in kind, showing their true selves to each other and having fun. This sentiment is shared by Yui and Yukino to some extent, but not to Hachiman's level, providing for a level of tragedy.

Anyway, tl;dr: Hachiman gets sick of being an ironic little wimp and decides to stop caring how others view him (somewhat)

under rated

Teen angst

>no friends
check
>bullied
check
Yep, just like me.

I mean he's never cared how other view him which is the problem. He always self sacrafices because it works. Rather than not caring how others view him its more like he wants to experience real friendship. Through the show he puts down everyone as basically normies, but at the end he realizes that he finally has people who care about him and sacrficing himself hurts them. By "I want the real thing" I think he's saying he wants to experience friendship and the relationships he put down before for real. Thats why he says he's fine even if not everything wraps up perfectly, even if they fight or cry its at least real emotions and thats what he wants.

Well, the whole point of the novel is him going from being angsty to wanting to change and have friends. He learns that putting himself down and just not caring about anything isn't a good way to live life. In the current arc he literally says "I want the real thing." Anyone who has teen angst should probably watch this

Yeah, I can definitely see that now that you say it. To be honest, it's a while since I watched, so I was going off memory there, but yeah, the point is that he's basically graduating from being a robot

Oh yeah, and are you telling me this is somewhat complex or original? Don't make me laugh, this whole otaku/loners learning to live in society and make friends is there since the beginning. EVA, Welcome to the NHK, Hyouka, are the first that come to mind but there are countless more.

TOTSUKA
A
W
A
I

Hyouka didn't focus as much on that aspect. The closest one I can think of to oregairu is welcome to the NHK and everything apart from the theme is different. I think people remember being a kid and thinking like that. Its complex because its not just a gag that he's a NEET or a loser. If you read the novel/watch the show you really feel bad for the character. In welcome to the NHK the mc was just too over the top for me to really empathize with him. In oregairu you can really feel for the mc and see how every action affects him in a complex way. It's not direct where some sensei just tells him the life lesson. Through multiple experiences he slowly starts feeling like he wants to change.

What episode was this?

Imouto in swimsuit is in 8th episode of the 1st season

yeah yeah kawaii.....

It might be that I'm not an edgy dramaqueen teenager anymore but I really have a hard time empathizing with 8man. I mean come on, half season and the guy is already friends with the hottest beauties in the school plus some of the autists he helped plus his fetish fuel little sister. And the whole "I sacrifice myself for the sake of the others" is just plain dumb, just who the fuck are you, Jesus Christ?

It's work to him. and he felt responsible for it? Or he just fucking dont care the wound.

>He believes in the jewtism meme

IROHA OR DEATH

I wont even let Iroha suck my dick, that's how I distrust Iroha.

Plus she's ugly as fuck. If I were her boyfriend, I'd make her wear a bag over her head.

(you)

op can't inb4

For the record, Iroha is cute and beautiful at all but she is sly and scheming, who knows the price i had to pay later.

I still think she's ugly, no matter how many (you)s get tossed at me.