What made Durarara so good Sup Forums?

What made Durarara so good Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yE5UBdEATN8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Izaya, Celty, Shizuo and Shinra made it good, and the rest of the cast not being absolutely detestable kept it good.

Celty.

I got sick as fuck for a few days and binge watched this entire series on Netflix on the couch downstairs and because of that I have very fond memories of it. It had very likeable characters and a simple yet intriguing setting.

>simple yet intriguing setting
What the fuck are you even talking about? What part of Japanese gang fights involving monsters/human romance, Russians assassins, super secret internet gangs all controlled by sentient swords and a crazy information broker is a "simple" setting?

Mikado,Izaya and Shizuo.
Also the OST was great.

for me it was izaya

>checked
Good characters and a great OST.

youtube.com/watch?v=yE5UBdEATN8

the ost

everything about it is just a calibre higher than most anime though, truly enjoyed watching it and that was 6 years ago

Simon.

Rich cast which interacts and influences each other in the best ways

Every character except the twins. Seriously fuck the twins.

The events that happen in said setting have nothing to do with the actual setting. Busy town in Japan is simple. Crazy wacky shit that happens in it is fun and what made the show good. It wasn't at all what I thought it was going to be about judging by the setting

user, by that logic, is there ANY setting that isn't simple? Because in literally every setting, it's the events that make matter. Gundam? A simple space setting. The crazy war and shit going on is the events. Berserk? Simple medieval setting. The demons and gods doing crazy shit is the events.

I don't think we have the same description of the setting. Setting is supposed to be not just the location, but also the events happening in the start and the tone of the story they set. The first 2 episodes establish almost all of what I mentioned in my last post, from Russians to actual monsters. That's where the story starts. If you think it's just the location that matters, I agree, Japan is not a particularly complex location to start with. But with that logic, quite literally every setting is a simple one.

The school trio were unsufferable: Ryagamine was a shut-in cunt self-insert, Mikado ruined every scene with his shitty attitude, the huge-titted slut had no life. The otakus were pure cancer. And Izaya was an edgy faggot.
But Shizuo, Celty, the super cop and the professor were great. And the OP is top-tier.

user, Ryuugamine and Mikado are the same person.

Oh sorry. I meant the shut-in cunt MC, the obnoxious yellow faggot. I got thrown straight out of the immersion when they talked about how this 14yo twink was somehow a gang leader, and his sob story with his hospitalized gf was annoying. Especially since he himself doesn't pay attention to her enough.

First season was great. Second and third season were absolute trash though.

Other way around

agreed.

I wanted Mikado to go full Izaya and had such high hopes for him, but turns out he was actually just completely retarded.

I loved all of it. I'd happily eat up anything remotely Drrr that gets churned out. Will there ever be any more? Will they ever adapt the Izaya-storyline?

Everything after the first season was trash. It bored me to fucking tears too many times.

Agreed. I personnally dropped it in the first few minutes of the incestuous twins.

First season had a lot of good moments, but holy shit did those followup seasons suck dick.

Should've stayed gone

I liked season 1. It was a watered down, safer version of Baccano!, but it was interesting and the twists that everybody is somebody famous were pretty cool. But then seasons 2-4 happened. They were boring. They introduced like 20-30 new characters and storylines. And I hoped that it will have a big finale, that ties everything together. But nope. The finale was underwhealming as fuck, and there was no need to introduce this many new characters and story lines.
They should have stopped at season 1.

The Celty and Shinra climax was nice though, right?

The large cast just fucked everything over to the point where the characters you were interested in just a little got zero development.

Then the Mikado shit with nuffin happening was absolutely disgusting and nonsensical. Why create a story where the entire plot builds up to an ending that goes out like a drenched match?

Yeah, it was nice. But it didn't warrant a dozen new charaters who didn't even play a part in the finale. IIRC even the feud between Izaya and Shizuo didn't get resolved.

True, though I'm almost positive that there's another book or something that outlines Izaya after he got fucked up by Shizuo. I'm hoping it'll get resolved in that, and then they'll animate that storyline. Also, the fucking twins were actual cancer so I'm gonna pray to god that they don't appear.

>fucking twins
Which ones?

Izaya's sisters. Were there more twins? I honestly can't remember.

There was that spooky head-brother-sister thing going on. That's incest alright, but not twins.

Oh yeah, I remember those siblings. Their storyline actually wasn't too bad in the following seasons, though they were mainly supportive to the overall story if anything. There was this one scene in some abandoned warehouse or something that I remember enjoying.