Which is the greater factor in deciding a dogs viciousness, its breed or the environment it was raised in?

Which is the greater factor in deciding a dogs viciousness, its breed or the environment it was raised in?

Can the same be applicable to humans?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mX4Lt466sqM
stevedalepetworld.com/dog-attacks-exaggerated-particularly-when-it-comes-to-pit-bulls/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Idk mang.

I have a pitbull, he's about to be 7 years old, and he has never shown aggression towards anyone.

Most vicious dog I've ever had was a minpin.

Both

Where have I heard that stat before? Hmmm

just like how the nigger down the street never hurt anyone, so no niggers hurt people right?

pitbulls are savage animals. you can take care of a savage, clothe him, feed him, educate him, but he is still a savage inside, and is still more likely to chimp the fuck out and kill you

obviously you can have a pitbull that has never done anything violent to someone, but that doesn't mean they arent bred for aggressiveness and violence and that they aren't more likely to kill your child because they tugged on its tail once or you stepped on its paw by accident

>inb4 PIDF

Pitbulls are no where close to 11% of doggos and German Shepard bite more people (but are much more commonly used as guard dogs/police dogs)

breed determines damage done
owner determines aggressiveness

pitbulls are still a nigger animal though. if you cannot physically restrain or beat the shit out of a pet if needed then you should not have that fucking pet

It's apples to oranges when you take into account sapience. A human being can be born with certain impulses, but because they are sapient, they can fight against them. Animals simply operate on instinct.

With that said, nogs definitely are more susceptible to violence and primal behavior, on average. It's a mixture of breed, and how they're raised.

Genetics will determine your presets, and environment will amplify those settings.

With that said, it's just nicer to deal with friendly breeds and raise them well. That will always outdo a problem breed and raising them extremely well.

>if you cannot physically restrain or beat the shit out of a pet if needed then you should not have that fucking pet
100% on that. Dogs are still animals. Sometimes you might lift them up when they're having a bad day, and they'll snap and bite you. Despite this precaution, really any dog can be docile and obedient if you train it well and give it exercise/affection.

Respect my trips nigel.

Look.

It's all about predilection of behavior. The "not all" meme attempts to debunk stereotypes, when in all actuality, the recognition of predilection is there by the acknowledgement of said stereotypes. It's a fact of life/genetics.

Put your labrador against a greyhound in a foot race. Put your chihuahua against a mastiff for home protection. Put your great dane against a collie for an agility track. Now, put your poodle against a pitbull for a death match.

Pitbulls were bred for violence. Pitbulls are the reason Michael Vick is a cuck these days. Pitbulls are the most vicious, violent, unwavering breed of killers in the dog kingdom; barring Hyenas and wolves.

Now, you go and do some research about human history and tell me how the cards fall.

Good analysis user

RUSSIAN ALERT...

Wtf a semi intelligent awooposter?

I still dont get why these things are worth protecting to so many people. They're hideous, everyone gets nervous around them, and if they go nuts yer not gonna be able to stop them.
>but MY pitbull wouldn't hurt a fly
I don't care.

youtube.com/watch?v=mX4Lt466sqM

This type of dog?

Check out Andrew Vachss' website, Dogs of the Zero. Money quote: "Dogs are like people, you get
What you raise."

Checked, this man speaks the truth.

>Which is the greater factor in deciding a dogs viciousness, its breed or the environment it was raised in?
100% genetics
>Can the same be applicable to humans?
Of course

I'll just leave this here

Can you link me the original source

>Which is the greater factor in deciding a dogs viciousness
It's mostly owner. My boxer-rottie cross is nice as hell and might lick you to death but he is well trained and will attack on command, or stand down instantly if told to do so. He is a hunting dog though, so he got a lot of extra obedience training (no barking unless told etc)

Environment, I suppose.
still wouldn't trust them though, you never know

While as far as uneducated idiots goes this thread takes home the gold! Bravo! Let me ask a question? I wanna get a dog. You, my intellectually challenged friends, are the ones who will choose one for me. We have 4 dogs. #1 is a mutt of unknown breed. It has been starved, beat and neglected for most of it's life. Wt is Aprox 50lb Temperament = skittish & unpredictable. #2 Pitbull or American Staffordshire Terrier puppy. 16wks. UTD shots will weigh approx 60lb. Temperament - unknown but licks alot for a puppy. #3 Chihuahua- beloved family pet. It's had only one owner it's entire life but they died and now it needs a home. UTD shots. Housetrained. Wt is approx 3-5lbs. Temperament- loving & protective. #4 Your choice but please explain and be specific, like I was with each description above.. Choose wisely! It can not be viscous, because I have a small child, and if my child gets hurt... you lose the closest person to you. Forever. Mom, dad, child, significant other.... Okay idiots! What say ye? Use your charts, stats etc.. and tell me which dog is it? Careful...

i have 1 pit at home and he's ok, i also hunt boars and have 3 bull mastiffs to hold it down b4 i kill them, once a friend of mine tryed to pull a prank on me while we were on a hunt, the mastiff riped his hand off and almost killed him, im not killing my dogs bc of some nigger trying to joke around. DONT JOKE.

first, dont have kids. second, learn how to fight and how to properly use weapons. and get a fucking dog, not a rat. anydog smaller than 40kg (88lbs) is a rat, and should not be owned.

>3 bull mastiffs to hold it down b4 i kill them
my deer hound grabbed a buck by the nose last season after I fuck up the shot, then held it until I could finish it. Nothing better than good hunting dog. I find once trained they are fiercely loyal and territorial, no need to lock the door

70% genetic; 30% non-genetic

>I have a pitbull, he's about to be 7 years old, and he has never shown aggression towards anyone.
That's what they all say...until it's too late.

Right but I'd like a chart with owner demographics to go with this, if you catch my drift.

Breed and size. Like people, nigger-breed dogs and manlet dogs are the most disposed towards sudden violence.

haha dude how can you be killed by something half of your size? that's just ridiculous, i can lift my dogs in one arm and could certanly kill any of them barehanded even if it were biting me and trying to drop me down on the ground. just get fit and strong and learn how to not be a fucking faggot.

Almost all Dogs will have one or two instances of lashing out or anger. I've several australian shepherds, and they are smart and loyal animals. The aussie I own right now is extremely well trained, but after three years of being chill with my cat, decided to bite at her when she was being a cunt......With 99% of dogs this is no big deal, if it was a pitbull then my cat would have been dead.

Same thing can apply with pitbulls in society in general. You can have a well trained pit, but for some reason it can de triggered and attack an animal or maybe an overly rough child, and when it does - the harm will be much more severe.

Almost all Dogs will have one or two instances of lashing out or anger. I've had several australian shepherds over the years, and they have all been smart and loyal animals. The aussie I own right now is extremely well trained, but after three years of being chill with my cat, decided to bite at her when she was being a cunt......With 99% of dogs this is no big deal, if it was a pitbull then my cat would have been dead.

Same thing can apply with pitbulls in society in general. You can have a well trained pit, but for some reason it can de triggered and attack an animal or maybe an overly rough child, and when it does - the harm will be much more severe.

Fact for all Pit Bulls haters. While most killings of humans are committed by Pit Bulls, Pit Bulls only killed 13 people last year with a population of 7 million. White people committed 3,500 murders with a population of 192 million. Therefore white people are far more likely to kill you than Pit Bulls.

In the case of Pitbulls, it is abuse. They are strong dogs, with a very powerful bite, but it is not in their temperament to go around attacking people.

Their owners abuse them until they become vicious.

There are some problems with this chart. First, pitbull isn't a breed, it's a catchall term for 4 different breeds and often mutts and different breeds entirely are misclassified as pitbulls in these attacks. Second, pitbulls are BY FAR the most abused and mistreated dogs in the country. Hmm I wonder if that has any correlation to these statistics? If niggers loved poodles they would top this chart.

my dogs never showed teeth or growled or barked at any other dogs or people in the 6 years i had them. never ever have i seen any aggression coming from them. they are socialized as fuck tho.

t. owner of 2x 40kg+ goldens.

this, close topic

Back when I delivered newspapers as a kid I've met several dogs, the only ones that showed agression and which have actually bitten me are two Jack Russels, and a Scottish Collie. Both were agressive as fuck all the time.

Golden Retrievers, Bernen Senners and Yorkshire Terriers were bro-tier to me.

I'm interested in this thread because I want a dog. My wife is in the process of leaving me and I want to get a canine. What breed is the most friendly and doesn't create a lot of mess or slobber?

you going to fuck a dog?

Jack Russells are little fuckers, only ever been bit by one dog and it was one of these pricks.

How many white people are there in the US compared to pitbulls retard? What's the rate per 100,000?

My pitbull defends my land from invaders, and rushes other dogs if they behind a fence, think she is showing off. If it is a dog on the street like a stray she will stare them down. She doesn't like entering new places

Veterinarian of 11 years here. I can clear this argument up, as I get asked this all the time.

Pitbulls are not much more prone to violence than any other breed... YET.

Many people breed pitbulls to be nasty or fighters, and that's why they're getting a bad rap. But you can find a good pitbull out there, and odds are it won't turn on you.

But like any dog, a pitbull CAN turn on you, and the difference here is that the pitbull has such powerful jaws that it can kill you.

I've been bit by a lot of dogs; the most bitey ones are chihuahuas and dachshunds, but their bite sometimes doesn't even break the skin. One of my coworkers got bit by a rottweiler and almost lost her arm. My worst bite was from a german shepard, and it was an otherwise docile animal, but it was scared

anyways, i think with years of inbreeding and only the strongest surviving, yes, you are seeing the same thing in blacks. While others have the capability to attack, blacks are being bred to have the propensity to attack.

on a side note, if you want a dog that doesn't bite and isn't prone to a lot of disease, get a corgi. if you want something bigger, chesapeake by retriever. If you're okay with a dog dying young from cancer, get a lab. If you're willing to pay for hip/knee surgery, get a Newfie. English bulldogs also have a great disposition, but too many diseases associated with brachycephalic breeds.

Muhammad you do not deserve a love of a dog.

Also I know you guys hate dogs so quit larping.

Your wife can not leave you bc you fuckers will murder rape her.

Every pitbull I ever had (around 3) was aggressive, it's most likely breed.

This is why pit bulls are the worst dogs, they are an attractive breed to retards. retards can't raise decent pets.

The problem with dumb bitches is that they don't establish themselves as the pack leader. They try to be "motherly/friends" with dogs, which leaves them to believe they're the pack leader. These dogs will literally shit test you, and if you fail, you're fucked. I've met a lot of these types of people's dogs, and they first moment they get a little froggy with you and you fucking punch them right in the face, they're cool.

.185 per 100,000 for pitbulls
Vs
1.82 per 100,000 for white people

>and the difference here is that the pitbull has such powerful jaws that it can kill you.

Not just the biteforce, but they're evolved to grab and tear. Other dogs will nip you, give you a good set of teeth holes and then draw back, maybe nip again. The pit holds and tears until it hits an artery and you die.

>My worst bite was from a german shepard, and it was an otherwise docile animal

Labs and GSD are in the top lists of recorded bites, but not fatalities, because of this difference. Nobody sees them as dangerous dogs because even though many are bit, few are bit badly and fewer still die from them.

> But like any dog

And this is why it's important. I've been bit by dogs when I've stupidly tried to break up their fighting, and I knew the dogs and they're the sweetest imaginable and I'd trust kids around them - but when they're in fight mode you see behind that civilized curtain. I got tagged for having my arm between them and I've got scars from it.
Never an incident since, neither dog was ever violent against any human. Just a heat of the moment mistake.

But, once you feel the bite force of a medium size dog, you reconsider your entire threat assessment of dogs.

And in this case, maybe it saw the boyfriend as the pack leader, and once he left, the dog took over. Woman are bad for completely not understanding how dogs work.

Yep. My brother had to discipline his pit bull. She used to be rambunctious now she is totally calm for the last 10 years.

Listen Swedecuck. You're much more likely to be killed by a white person than a pit bull
.185 per 100,000 for pitbulls
Vs
1.82 per 100,000 for white people

And the biteforce thing is a hoax. Pit bulls have a biteforce similar to other dogs and only a fraction as strong as wolves.

Pit bulls aren't like any other dogs, if you show just a bit of weakness they will attack you. Which is why I have 3 and one that must never ever leave the premises since it will probably kill anything on sight, crazy as fuck it rips apart anything I give to it and is aggressive to everyone including my family with the exception of myself. She probably wants to impress me or something, since I've raised her myself.
But they are not family dogs, I only keep them so I don't get robbed for my weed.

Be careful of single women with big dogs lol

That's only because you're a nigger and niggers abuse their dogs. My pitbull is totally calm and cool.

>isn't prone to a lot of disease, get a corgi

Hol up, really? I thought all dwarf legged dogs had horrible joint issues?

Pitbulls literally used to be nursery dogs that took care of little babies. You niggers just force them to fight each other. Fact you are 70 times more likely to be killed by a nigger than a pit bull

What the fuck does being more likely to be killed by a person have anything to do with this thread you fucking faggots?

She's a fucking milf jesus

>You're much more likely to be killed by a white person than a pit bull

Irrelevant to my post.

>And the biteforce thing is a hoax.

I specifically said that the problem isn't unique jaw strength - the average dog has a much harder bite than you'd ever think. The pitbull grabs and holds on and tears - that's why people die, it will tear up your flesh and you'll bleed to death.

> biteforce similar to other dogs

And my personal experience is precisely that people have no idea how a real dog bite feels, all you've ever felt is likely a warning nip. When they actually bite to hurt you, you will reconsider your threat assessment of dogs entirely.

dogs are filthy and evil.
they are disgusting

Why do nerds make up shit about invincible doggish killing machines? It's an international phenomenon and I'd like to know why.

Example:
Who says his dogs weigh 40 kg each when a normal Retriever weighs 20-30 kg.
And also the whole "ripped off arms" thing.

Wasn't there a story in the Quran about some hoe who saved a dog and went to heaven? Or is that a different religion.

>that's why people die, it will tear up your flesh and you'll bleed to death.
Only children and old people though.

So I get it. Sup Forums is so much shitskin now you are afraid of dogs. Wow.

I own a pit bull and you don't know shit. They're honestly just dogs. They aren't even the world's strongest dogs. And it is relevant that you are much less likely to be killed by a human than a pit bull.

I had that backwards. You are much less likely to bekilled by a pit bull than a human

deluded by emotions.

no, that's muslims.
If I had the choice to save one pupper and every muslim child on the planet, it wouldn't even be a choice

>Who says his dogs weigh 40 kg each when a normal Retriever weighs 20-30 kg.

Fat dogs are increasingly common. Having an overweight retriever is especially easy since they're walking garbage collectors.

>Only children and old people though.

Sure, if you're a man you can get horribly mutilated instead. What's the fucking point? What's so fucking special about that breed that they deserve to be kept around? You're not hunting with them.

>I own a pit bull and you don't know shit. They're honestly just dogs.

Dogs bred with one specific trait that make them the deadliest breed. There's no need for them. It's not preserving some unique child of nature, or gods special creation, they're designed for a purpose and people use them unfit for purpose.

People shouldn't have arctic dogs in the cities or down south either.
Horribly crippled dogs like pugs should be undone. This isn't fucking rocket science.

That would be staffys you dumb nigger
They might look similar but pitballs are LITERALLY bred selecting for violence

No they aren't. They were literally nursery dogs you retarded piece of shit.

On average, breed. Breed is a constant, a bad environment will make it considerably more vicious than a good environment which would be considerably more vicious than a tamed environment (like a police dog).

Pitts have shit owners, which explains the high bite rate. If trained properly, they are the same as any other territorial breed; nervous around strangers, but not bitey.

However, when they bite, they go straight for the kill, which makes them extremely dangerous. Most dogs just want to establish dominance when they bite.

Those ones aren't American Pit Bull Terriers. Those are called American Bullies. Those are the retardedly buff ones.

trips of truth

in my experience the least trained(probably because they're so dumb) are tiny dogs. They bite more than any large breed, its just the fact they're small so its non story

mankind selected dogs with specific traits aka genes and breeded them for centuries to achieve a certain behavior.
Guard dogs love to guard
Sheperds love to keep the herd together
work dogs love to work - don't give them work and they will destory your furniture
Dogs mainly made for fighting have a tendency to fight / kill
It's not that hard. Don't blue pill yourself when it comes to dog genetics. Around pits never relax

You claim they were bred to kill yet you are 10 times more likely to be killed by a human than a pit bull?
Should we not be living with other humans?
stevedalepetworld.com/dog-attacks-exaggerated-particularly-when-it-comes-to-pit-bulls/
Lol you retarded cucks let millions of Muslims in who murder you and rape your women and you're complaining about dogs who kill less often than the average Swexdecuck?

>Sure, if you're a man you can get horribly mutilated instead. What's the fucking point? >What's so fucking special about that breed that they deserve to be kept around? You're not hunting with them.
Bro, how weak are you?

You're afraid of a fucking dog like some kind of bitch. Look at yourself, man.

OK
Leave your pitball to look after your babys then :)

>breed determines damage done
>owner determines aggressiveness

Nope. Breed determines both to some degree and owner determines both to some degree.

Breed is obviously more instructive because owners are a wild card, but we breed for physical and psychological traits first and foremost. I want a shepherd that has good prey drive and is relatively hard as a foundation for good defense, which I then develop gradually. Physicality gets developed as well, with the dog progessively getting stronger and developing better bite strength.

I don't start with a labrador and try to turn it into an IPO winner because breed determines 90% of the fundamentals, including mentality.

Pit bulls were bred for prey (that's the terrier bit), bite strength (bull dog), and additional features that made them good for ring sports (they don't telegraph intent and show calming signals when in drive and have unusually high pain tolerance).

You can make that dog more volatile by introducing random punishment (that'll make it sharp and nervy) and you can develop its strength and leave the front gate open, which guarantees a bit of damage, but you started out with a formula for success to begin with (a dog that was bred to be violent and you made it mental as well).

Of course you also need to be aware that a loving home can produce a serial killer with people, and that's true of dogs as well. Some of them are born plenty wrong and will always be a problem. I'd say that's more true of ring sport dogs to begin with because they were single-mindedly bred by retarded proles to rip other dogs' faces off. I doubt those guys were concerned with hip scores and breeding out nervy or shy examples.

Someone is going to get killed if his pitbull ever goes berserk.

I sincerely hope not. Even though this is pure bait.

Grab one of his back legs when he's eating. He'll disfigure you

>Someone is going to get killed if his pitbull ever goes berserk.
Pibulls generally can't kill anything over child and under grandpa with two artifical hips.

Unless you mean bite bloody and maybe break bones, yeah, that can happen,.

Your talking point makes no sense no matter how much you repeat it. Even the comparison makes no sense. Compare intra-dog breeds and the pitbull is the nigger of dogs. We'd be better off without them.

>You're afraid of a fucking dog

No, I'm pro-eugenics. It's hilarious to me that these threads are always full of apologists for them and people crying about the very idea of getting rid of the breed.

Are you both as quick to defend niggers?

What is a good first-time Doggo breed? Have not yet raised an animal on my own

Would like to maybe raise a boxer or British Bull Terrier but the latter seems very violent if raised poorly

You're using your sample size of one pitbull you know who is not aggressive to try and disprove the fact that on average pitbulls are far more likely to commit attacks on humans than other dogs.

You can't disprove a trend with a sample of size one , and a trend doesn't need to apply t oevery single member of a group.
e.g. dutch people are the tallest nation on earth but not every single dutchman is tall.

Golden Retrievers have an agreeable nature.

Huskies are good if you want a pain in the ass.

You'd probably deserve it for doing that.

The only thing worth remembering with pit bulls is that terrier prey drive is a risk when they can bite harder than a jack russell. Don't let it off the leash if there are other animals about or small children (they make squealing noises just like a chew toy, you guess the result).

Hyenas aren't in the 'dog kingdom'.

Oy vey

False equivalency. Golden Retrievers have never created civilization. They were bred by humans just like Pit Bulls.

You have no idea what a determined dog can do if you think you stand a fucking chance. It's just absolute idiocy. The fucking things are 50 lbs of muscle.

The fight bulls. You ever seen a fucking bull?