Hi-Shit

anime-now.com/entry/2017/07/28/230006

>Most of the movie is literally just cuts from the TV series as is
>Screen filled with series encyclopedia because fuck actually writing exposition
>Only new episode is First Summer of Love that didn't really need to be shown anyway

I can't believe they're getting away with this shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nit-F9woH9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=N23j1mxqkrI
youtube.com/watch?v=oPuuBHr35iI
youtube.com/watch?v=EdQRXnxkMWI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That was about my expectation really, the originality might show up in parts 2 and 3

Post the video already, you know which.

>I can't believe they're getting away with this shit
First off, this sounds like just a compilation movie, people do this all the time, it's nothing to "get away with." Second off, did you actually expect anything decent at this point?

well they did say that the first two movies will be the series with some new scenes and that the third movie will be a new ending. and expecting anything from E7 after AO is pure foolishness

Is that right? Is it really jumping straight to the beams family after the prologue?

>>Most of the movie is literally just cuts from the TV series as is
>Implying 480i 3:4 screen ratio
It's obviously all been reanimated and drawn by hand.

>He hasn't seen the trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=nit-F9woH9Q

The movie isn't even out for 2 months.

Are we getting another Niji remix?
youtube.com/watch?v=N23j1mxqkrI
youtube.com/watch?v=oPuuBHr35iI

Sounds like exactly what I want it to be.

The less Bones fucks with it the better. Or did you people forget Pocket full of Rainbows and AO?

I prefer something that wasn't a rehash

I thought you were joking, holy shit.

Again, did you not see PfoR and AO?

Do you REALLY want more of that?

Hopefully they at least make new tunes for it. So long as we get new E7 OSTs to listen to the movie can do whatever it wants with itself.

It's A New Translation tier jewing and Code Geass will be the next.

Can't wait for the full version of Acperience 7 by Hardfloor.
youtube.com/watch?v=EdQRXnxkMWI

They actually put TV cuts in the movie?

Holy fucking shit.

They're obviously from the bluray but unlike the Rebuilds which re-animated the cuts from the TV series the new films are just cut and pasting them in between new footage (which is all from the Summer of Love flashback) so this is going to be more like those Zeta Gundam movies instead.

Its even worse for Code Geass because it already had compilation films years ago

>Make a pretty good tv series
>Not perfect, full of filler and some stupid shit, but still good
>Make a shitty sequel that shits on everything
>Literally have to make it retcon itself out of existence at the end with out shit it was
>Make a movie that just used a lot of tv scenes to tell a different story
>Do the same shit again
The fuck is wrong with these guys

i think im gonna go to a screening of this just so that i can yell "WHAT THE FUCK" when the old scenes show up and also to see the audience reaction to that.

Is Pocket Full of Rainbows really that bad? Downloaded it last year but haven't watched it yet.

Imagine you take the people, places, and concepts from E7 and play mad libs with them using Peter Pan.

It's arguably different in that case, since the older Code Geass compilations were never "films" nor treated as such and thus they will be forced to do something else with them now, since the point is to use them for the launch of a sequel.

I wouldn't talk abut A New Translation in either case though, since I think nobody around here has seen the first Eureka 7 film, nor do we know how the remaining couple will turn out. Also, Tomino's own...uniqueness is rather hard to replicate, both for better and for worse. His choices of what to change in A New Translation were very weird, plus it led nowhere since Unicorn and so on made it irrelevant.