Why do people like Haibane Renmei? On paper it sounds interesting...

Why do people like Haibane Renmei? On paper it sounds interesting, but the series itself is as thin and weightless as the paper it's good on. The show has no plot, it barely has characters and somehow it can't get around to exploring the world it creates. It's like buying a dozen eggs and coming home, thinking about the delicious breakfast you are gonna have, only to stare at the fridge for 5 hours. Why would you do that? I tried to understand this show (I even watched it twice), But it wasn't worth it, because it accomplished nothing. There is nothing the writers are trying to help you understand. Hell, there is nothing to understand. So yeah, Heaven Renmei is pointless and not worth a watch.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/vintage-Imco-Triplex-Super-6700-lighter-works-TM-Reg-Vienna-Austria-chrome/122610674889
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lain > Texhnolyze > HR

my ass hurts

Plotfags are the cancer of any media, not just literature, it seems

What's wrong with plot?

I love the series because of the beautiful and comfy atmosphere, and also because it evokes a sense of nostalgia by speaking to the angry, confused, depressed teenager I was 5-6 years ago. It's like reaching into the past and giving your past self a hug, if that makes any sense.

>but the series itself is as thin and weightless as the paper it's good on
explain
>The show has no plot
how
>it barely has characters
is this a bad thing
>somehow it can't get around to exploring the world it creates
explain
>There is nothing the writers are trying to help you understand
explain

discussions on Sup Forums wouldn't be such juvenile shitfests if people actually bothered to explain their reasoning
you are just saying everything about the show is shit, what the hell kind of response are you expecting from us? we have nothing to go by because you haven't provided anything resembling an argument, is it that hard to put some effort into your post?

fpbp

Works can exist independent of it just fine. So when people expect every single thing to NEED a plot, they become insufferable.

What's wrong with no plot?

It's cathartic, it's very relateable for people who experienced depression, felt tremendous amounts of guilt or were afraid of asking for help.
People watch the show to feel what the characters are going through, not watch what they do. You seem to try to understand it on a surface level only.
Granted the rural setting of the comfy town in the middle of nothing is just made to evoke nostalgia.

Basically Sora no Woto is more suited for people like you.

But HR has plot.
It's just shit.

There is no reason to keep watching, when there is no plot. You watch one episode, you have seen it all. It feels like wasting time.

Wrong. For books, you can read them just to experience the beauty of the language and how words sound together, it's called prose. For visual mediums, the visuals alone can carry a work, like in avant garde films.

Good prose and nothing else, is not a good book. And avant garde movies are shit that only pretentious overthinkers like.

I don't really think you've ever read a non-narrative book in your life.

Because Haibane Renmei is a show that forfeits spoonfeeding and linearity for a more abstract, emotive approach.

You're just trying to justify your apparent frustration with blanket claims. Stop acting like you have grand ideas, potent criticisms and unbreakable logic about this work.

No, it's not "shit". It's a simple story that happens to click with everything the show tries to accomplish thematically and gets elevated by the perfectly woven into the narrative abstract symbolism.

Literally CGDCT with forced drama.

pleb opinion
Here is the real ranking
HR > Lain >>> texhnoshit

>he can't into slow-paced anime with good cinematography and abstract storytelling
>calls someone else a pleb

Blue Flow really did a number on you

Not an argument. If you're so well read you can do better than ad hominem.

Wing fetish.

It isn't for you, that's all, accept that and learn to live with it.

Try to watch it again in 5 years more or so though, depending on your life it could give you a completely different outlook compared to who you are now.

ebay.com/itm/vintage-Imco-Triplex-Super-6700-lighter-works-TM-Reg-Vienna-Austria-chrome/122610674889

10 mins left for Reki's lighter. I just bought one myself but I'm thinking about this one too. It's authentic, not a chinese clone.

Sora no Woto is Haibane Renmei done right.

I just want to know what's behind the wall. I hate when authors leave open endings like that.

only the last episode is what makes it worth watching