I unironically consider this an unique masterpiece...

I unironically consider this an unique masterpiece. It can switch from comfy cutesy SoL to absurd comedy to life lessons to blatant fanservice seamlessly in timespace of few minutes and does it repeatedly without feeling awkward.

Can't think of any other anime that has managed to do it.

pretty easy when it doesnt have a plot or storyline. Its a episodic mess thats all over the place. You couldnt even describe it to someone and make sense from episode to episode

Does the manga have more lore about the other world, or does it remain inconsistent with shit like tohru repeatedly hammering in that she can't go back, and that she almost died trying to escape and then she keeps casually popping back in to her world to pick up groceries, and then her dad keeps dragging her back in, but for what reason?

I should probably just watch it again.

>Does the manga have more lore about the other world.
Yes
>does it remain inconsistent with shit like tohru repeatedly hammering in that she can't go back.
She can't go back because she wants everyone from her world to think that she's dead.
>she keeps casually popping back in to her world to pick up groceries.
That's because she a baka chorogon and isn't thinking before she does something like she does many times in the animoo and manga.

tl;dr read the manga you fuck

So could Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star. It's called "being episodic."

Maid Dragon is AOTY and a poignant metaphor for the immigrant experience covering humanistic and social themes such as systematic sexism, family, loneliness, individuality, alienation, accepting and understanding others, adapting to society, appreciating the little moments in life, capturing the shortsightedness and transience of human existence and fitting in with society's expectations.

I don't think it counts if every single thing you mentioned only gets a 1 sentence mention aside from the human mortality thing.

>tohru is a Muslim immigrant trying not to allahuackbar her neighbours and rape all the white wimminz.
Wow never saw it like this before.

Easily the best anime in the last two years. It was really really lovely in the sea of edge shit and harem niggertry that's infested every fucking anime lately. Maidragon is perfect.

The difference here between Tooru isn't pretending to fit in until her kind are the majority.

Even if any of what you said is true, plenty of other shows do those things much better.

>immigrant experience
Just mix unwanted shit with good things. Immigrant with Maid Dragon.
Homosexuality with rainbows.
Feminism with equality.
Anti-white with tolerance.

I see right through you, Jew.

One of the Star Wars movies did that bullshit and it basically ruined the series.

>"It's stylistically designed to be that way."

Thats because she doesn't need to wait to be the majority. One or two dragons can pretty much wipe out the entire human race of non-fantasy earth.

muh jewish boogeyman

Also isn't the deal that when she goes back she usually is in human form? Given when she first transformed she claims that she hates using her human form it'd make sense that people wouldn't recognize her in that state.

Maid dragon was great but Nichijou will forever be number one

>Also isn't the deal that when she goes back she usually is in human form
When she goes back she is in dragon form.
>it'd make sense that people wouldn't recognize her in that state.
If you read the manga you would know that the transformation spell she uses turns her into what she would look like if she were human so dragons and faggots from her world would still recognize her.
>pic related

Magic is magic i aint gotta splain shit Cept when i do

it sucked

Maybe if you've watched a total of 10 anime in your lifetime

>absurd comedy
Underneath that is actually some kind of sad, depressing "reality", linked to the life of a dragon.

Yes. For me is AOTY too.

Kobayashi as a human will die long before her dragon companions. Tohru accepts this and decides to enjoy the time that they have together. However there is a dark reality to their relationship. As a human female, Kobayashi is designed to want to take a man’s cock inside of her. Eventually her biological clock will tick, and she will set out to find a male for the purpose of procreation.

At that point Tohru will either have to leave and admit to her father that he was right,or quietly live out the next few decades as a cuck. Every night Tohru would listen and cry as Kobayashi’s husband violently breeds her. Hearing her screams of ecstasy would be reaffirmation to Tohru that she could not compete with real male genitalia. She would nonetheless decide to stay by Kobayashi’s side as a maid and friend.Eventually Kobayashi would give birth to a boy.Kobayashi would die long before her husband because of her alcoholic tendencies, and on her deathbed she would ask Tohru to please look after her husband and son.

Tohru would then have to spend the next few decades looking after the man she hated. Keeping her promise to her dear deceased friend she would clean after this man, cook for him,and everything else that she used to do for Kobayashi. However since he was a man, Tohru knew that she also had additional duties.In the morning before Tohru made breakfast she would wake him with fellatio and take his fresh milk into her throat. At nights during his bath she would clean his whole body with her bare breasts and soap.He would come home drunk at times and Tohru would beckon the father to his room. She would lay on her back, spread her legs, and beg him to dump every last drop of his seed. After many minutes of mating press and tongue kissing, the act is finally completed as he empties himself in Tohru.The drunk father will then fall into a deep sleep. Tohru had truly come to despise the fact that she was born a woman.To be continued….

nice copy pasta

Bullshit. Maid Dragon is an easy way to compress every sub-genre of every doujin into a show. Kobayashi comes to love the dragon...who cosplays as a maid, and they frolic among a fujoshi dragon human couple, a big tits who is teasing a shota, they have a loli daughter with thick thighs who's trying to bang an elementary schooler. Jesus H christ, I liked the show but come on.

>Kobayashi no Normalfag Dragon

But if I don't make the show sound deeper and more meaningful than it really was, everyone will know that I'm just a dumb loser weirdo who just watches dumb loser weirdo shit.

I argue that the only reason it's able to do this is that it basically just uses the Flying Witch formula in reverse: instead of quiet, low-key rural setting into which is sprinkled sparks of magic that turn everything on its ear for the blink of an eye, Maidragon is always wacky and just knows when to calm down in order to provide introspection for the sake of character relationships and individual development.

>not enough smart people doing smart things
aaaaaaaaand dropped.

Best thing KayoAni has done by far

inb4 FMP-fags

Does their human transformation voodoo also determine their outfit?

Last episode was underwhelming.

It's underwhelming in the manga too

>It can switch from comfy cutesy SoL to absurd comedy to life lessons to blatant fanservice

The problem is that it's pretty mediocre on all three fields, specially the life lessons part since they seem like they got written by a high schooler trying to impress his literature professor only to end up with a 6 1/2 score

I came to just post this

lmao nigga i cried

Why would anyone want to be a maid?

I can think of many reasons.
All of them are sexual.

unattractive...

It's actually rather touching and well executed given the environment in which the scene takes place. The tension was kept at a balanced density despite the unassuming stage for the encounter. If anything, the last episode blew what was otherwise a stoic and heartwarming exchange into a forced light-show.

Just found this anime from twitch, it feels like slice of life despite it's fantasy element, gotta say it definitely feels like something special. Then again I was watching dead tired at 3:00 am and laughing my shit off at the chat reactions

>chat reactions is literally the same sentence repeated over and over

are you 15?

Came to post Kanna

nice quints, it got pretty meta though. That one scene during the credits got a certain reaction for no fucking reason

also we're watching a japanese anime about a magical girl dragon who is the daughter of chaos being a woman's maid, kind of past using maturity as an insult here

But Tohru is best chorogon. She is maid for love.

Is this your first anime or something?
You sound as if you've never even watched an anime where the endgame is killing god.

I think this show is for pedos since people only talk about Kanna's thighs.

Can you blame them?

Kill yourself, fucking faggot

never watched slice of life, watching it felt ironic if anything, everyone laughing at the absurdity and ridiculousness of it. Being mostly sleep deprived as fuck helped a lot
babies first internet insult huh?

I stayed up all night and watched the whole thing from the stream and I remember almost none of it.
Don't marathon things, now I have to start over.
Not that's I'm complaining, of course.

>posting on Sup Forums
>not knowing that that's just a given fact

How does watching a slice of life feel "ironic"?
Is this how all gen Zers talk?
Fucking hell

I mean it's mediocre as fuck, downright painful to watch at times. Watching B movies for the sake of how terrible they are is fun though

I stopped reading because you are ruining my the good memories I had with the show fuck you

What's it like being unable to enjoy things without viewing it through the lens of irony?
It's almost as if you're trying to force yourself to enjoy something you don't care about.
Like most bronies did when MLP became a stupid injoke on Sup Forums.

I did too and I remember most of it except a few parts I was tabbed out or whatever. Was fist time watching it, I went in expecting a lot more fanservice and was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Reminded me a lot of Hatarakou Maou sama but a bit more comfy.

you're putting way too much thought into something I randomly found

I mean it's about a magical girl dragon becoming a fucking maid. You're getting close to the autism limit here

Oh wow, fucking kill yourself, kid.

First of all, I've never watched anime before the twitch presentation. I'm also the one who tells anime posters in Sup Forums to fuck off.

Second, I have to say that I really like this dragon maid anime. I didn't see all the episodes but I saw enough to determine that this stuff aint bad at all. It felt good watching their daily adventures.

Maybe because I can relate to kobayashi and wanted her to be happy. Maybe it's because of Tohru's crush on kobayashi and how I've felt like that in the past. Or maybe it was Kanna's presence and my desire to protect and take care of the innocent.

who knows.......

Fuck out of here, college fuccboi

Are you saying that ironically? Because that saying is pretty much meaningless

this website should not have lived into this decade

I see you are also a redditor.

word of advice, to come to Sup Forums to discuss anime, this board is the pinnacle of autism. We couldn't even discuss Your Name for months after it was released because of all the autistic freak outs

Are we gonna get deleted again?

I agree it's quite comfy. It's definitely one of KyoAni's best shows. Although I understand why manga fans would feel differently.

Why would you force yourself to watch anime just to fit in?

it was just the normal happy fluffy colorful moe trash that gave me a smile while i watched it. not anime of the year but it was really good.

It's a good, well-rounded show, but does not extremely succeed in anything. Animation is good, humor is good, but is not really very deep. There are lots of shows which are better in certain categories, but regardless it is a good show and worth watching to any SoL fan, but not mainstream viewers.

What do?

Good post.

Subscribe.

>yfw Season 2 NEVER EVER

Maid Dragon > Nichijou

You said that like is something to be proud about.

Tohru is a very cute design but the anime was just so awful I couldn't watch past episode 4.

Eh.

Because I heard that this is some sekrit klub where all the cool redditors hang out.

>Nichijou

Tried way too hard to be funny. A lot of hits and misses, but mostly misses. Although the hits were great.

Also gave us the cutest character ever conceived. Pic related.

Whst have I got to lose?

this is what yurishitters believe

>the cutest character ever conceived
But that's Kanna.

stoneface isn't cute - it's autistic

this is bait right

No, this is the state of Sup Forums now, you could have prevented this.

autism moe is hella cute

>you could have prevented this
The world marches on, you bastard, and we just have to make sure we don't die in the undertow. I don't like it any more than you.

Is this why you don't use fucking sage, you fucking faggot?

cant youb say this about hAlf the shlews youb watch faaggot

>Implying Tohru can't just grow a magic cock whenever she wants.

didnt this shit come out months ago why are we discussing it again all of a sudden

Normalfags

no it's not bait, what's wrong with it?

????