Anyone else masively dissapointed by this ?

Anyone else masively dissapointed by this ?

Wtf went wrong ?

It was a lack of a good protagonist to hold it all together. The first season thrived off the interactions between Amira, Kaisar and FAVAROOOOO.

mad azazelcuck

Shitty lead

More like UNVIRGIN soul

>mfw the actual interesting thing about the original wasn't the setting or conflict but the spaghetti western aspects of the story.
>MFw they fucking take out the only interesting thing about the story.

As it turns out if you replace characters with interesting interactions with characters you give to fucks about the story goes to shit.

It's great

Azazelcucks on suicide watch when Cheeeerio-kun did nothing wrong. Glory to humanity.

Not enough genocide. He should have been the main character and fight against the mysterious red dragon.

Endgame right here

They replaced the spaghetti western adventure with western women drama.

You fags acting all disappointed by S2

I dropped this shit on Episode 9 of S1

Favaro and Kaisar were enjoyable, but they couldn't make up for the dreadfully boring setting or story.

I know, I thought they were going to keep favaro out of the equation but they just reintroduce him.

Nice going retard, S1 picked up again at episode 10.

Writing sucks, pacing sucks, redundant and sloppy storytelling, new characters are awful, old ones are misused.

He's going to take her VIRGIN souls

S1 had 3 bad episodes in a row in the second half before picking things back up again for the last two for a great finale.

VS is pretty much nothing but bad episodes.

Honestly I might be mistaken. I dropped it right as Joan of Arc turned into a demon.

My thought process was "I'm sure this is supposed to be an impactful moment, but I'm feeling nothing for any of these characters", and I dropped it because of that.

I'm not saying the show is horrid. Animation was great at times (especially that dancing scene in one of the first episodes), and the fantasy cowboy bounty hunter aesthetic as great for as short lived as it was. But the story was horribly generic, and as I said, Favaro and Kaisar were the only characters I had any investment in.

I find this way better than the first season.
The problem with season 1 was that the western and fantasy parts were not put together in a decent way, demons and angels felt completely out of place.

Also, the plot was terrible, especially the last episodes, I hope this willn not happen again

>I find this way better than the first season

The thing that made the last couple of episodes better was that while story was happening, Favaro and the team were still doing awesome shit. They didn't stand there talking about the plot too much. They still did, but the adventures and craziness returned somewhat. It's not as good as it was in the beginning, but it's better than what you got in episodes 5 to 9.

And you're not alone. I thought Jeanne was incredibly hot, unbelievably so, but I didn't care about her beyond that. I don't think anyone did. The only likeable characters were, as you said, Favaro and Kaisar, plus Rita.

Rita should get her own show where she just bullies Kaisar for 12 straight episodes.

Nina, and Cheerios, by extension.

>Rita, Kaisar and Rocky travelling around the continent and acting like a family on holidays
Cygames have unlimited money, why can't they fund it?

VIRGIN SOULS IS A MISTAKE

I HATE IT

I like it

I don't like it

>Wtf went wrong ?
I don't like the story and new characters and feel like the old characters were just turned into older, more pathetic versions of themselves.

Kaisar should have been the protagonist and virgin soul instead of Nina whose only saving grace is the nice design.

Female lead disconnected from everything. Complete lack of story and decent character interactions. Horribly insensitive writing which pardons a genocidal tyrant and tries to turn him into a hot Pollyanna. Two nukes were not enough.

>genocidal tyrant
Kill yourself demonfag

Are saints supposed to be this smug?

>Wtf went wrong ?
your birth
you should've died

Nah, too much work and too little probability of success. I should just wait for Charioce the Murderer to come and claim my life :^)

She's not a saint anymore.

Don't use emoticons on Sup Forums.

They decided to follow up their epic fantasy series with twilight. and even when i'm trying to be impartial and putting aside the boring girly fan-service, the writing just gets plain bad at points. There are shitty transitions and characters going through random boughts of retardation because they clearly just had a storyboard of all the events they wanted to happen without worrying about whether the narrative actually flows and makes sense.

>cheeriosfags are newfags
sausage :^)

It wouldn't be so bad if it was still one cour.

It would be worse. It's not like the first season was amazing all over.

I'm somehow getting a massive GONZO vibe from the character design.
That can't be good

>It would be worse
Not really, at least they'd scrap the fillers.

pretty uninteresting. drop it episode 2

Imagine being pissed at Nina's dragon schtick, well she would be over it at episode 3, then we'd learn of the reason at 6 or something and she'd learn to control it on her own at episode 8, between episodes 1 to 8 there would be city, jail, dragon village, heaven, there would be less tedious light-hearted filler. Much more like the old show. Also it would be over faster.

I'd watch an entire series about smug Jeanne bullying Sofiel

>Making fewer episodes would cause them to waste fewer episodes
That's not how anime writing works.

I'd watch an entire series about Cheerios cucking azazelfags

To think I'd have been thrilled about more party shenanigans in S1 in-between heavy plot stuff, but for VS that has everything revolving around Nina's overdone gimmicks I just want that shit to end already.

>Cheerios cucking azazelfags
So like a series where he wins Azazel's heart?

It's weird how she transitioned from naive and ignorant but generally capable to being an actual retard who tries to fly by flapping her arms.

it's boring right now cuz they've been stuck finding the godland, jailed in the godland, then finally escaping it with no action or plot movement. Pacing is bad

Too much romance. waifuing, husbandoing and the gods are so fucking boring. I turn the volume and the subs off when they appear and jsut watch the godly TITS

It's basically a fucking shoujo at this point.
>Generic female lead with some quality slapped on to make her seem not generic
>Love interest in an antagonist that she's sure she can "fix"
>Female lead continues to pine for her love interest no matter what he does to her or her supposed friends and allies

t. Virgins mad that Nina chose the bad boy

Jeannu takes no shit, not even from heaven

>Implying I would want this slob anywhere near my favorite boys

The comedy in S1 wasn't always tenouttaten when they were in the final crunch and just forced that shit in (some parts of eps 8 and 9 come to mind) so I was aware of the risks, but it was partially because it was Amira. It just isn't fun to watch retarded girls be retarded.

Did he have that tattoo in s1? I can't seem to recall it

VS is literally a one cour contents show padded to two.

>It would be worse
You're one dumb cow.

>VS is literally a one cour contents show padded to two.
It could be worse. It could be Peter Jackson long.

He always had it.

I'm really enjoying it.
I like all the characters.

Stay mad, fags. I'm enjoying it immensely. Jeanne and Mugaro's episode was kino as fuck

BotFA is still the most insulting piece of padding he did by far.

Ah yeah, the only good episode of this season for the lack of Nina.

>They released an extended edition

My brother.
Genesis is boring as fuck. Not to mention it has that dreadful mysterious ancient dragon episode & demon Jeanne episode.

At least Jeanne & Rita got great story in VS & VS is so entertaining in general.
Also, Nina >>> Amir.

No. Fuck off.

>Rita
>Great story in VS
>?

Do you actually believe S1 handle her character potential better? Because it's really not.

I think she has the same level of relevancy in either season.

Not enough FAVAROOOOOOOO

Only if it's sexual bullying.

So what's Cheerio's end game with Nina? He obviously love her but he have that super evil expression at the end. I would expect Cheerio to betrays her if it wasn't for the Onyx Captain being even more menacing.
>Rita, Kaisar and Rocky travelling around the continent and acting like a family on holidays
I want this. but I'm afraid it'll be just 12 episodes of Rita looking increasingly depressed as Kaisar spends every episodes talking about Favaro and Jeannu.

they replaced FAVAROOOOOO

S1: best hero
S2 best villain

Virgin souls is awesome and Charioce is best boy

>tfw unironically love both seaaons and last ep gave you a heart boner

Fuck you I hope they keep making episodes forever.

Hell yeah it felt so good

Stop shitposting already Cheerios.

>being this dead inside

What will Nina's gang think about her romance

It's not even Sunday and the discussion is already completely dead. Cool.

calling it now

>Cheerios wants to bring his mom back
>Obsidian Knight Captain is his uncle, his mom's younger brother who wants to bring his sister back

Favaro would probably think Nina bagged a big one. Azazel would wish he raped Nina sooner to make her fall for him. Kaisar, Rita and Jeane will have a tempered reaction. Bachus continues to drink. Hamsa will wonder why of all people. Mugaro would hate Nina's guts for fraternizing with the enemy.

>Cheerios wants to bring his mom back
Please no.
I know this series always riding on Mommy issue since the first season (Hell, we even got two mommy issues this season with El's & Chris'), but your theory is just too far.

>Angel yuri

Cheerios is a demonfag now. Cheeriosfags on suicide watch.

Did they.... ?

Cheerio got corrupted by dragon pussy, good thing Captain McEdge Coldsteel finally found out and missunderstood everything.
First cour was good though

>Azazel getting cucked out of demon puss
He can't do anything right

Chariocefags are dumber than rocks.

what a dumb faggot you are

When anons say "but Gensis was good" they really mean the first half because most of the stuff in the 2nd half forgettable. Virgin Soul feels like it's always meandering around and doesn't really do any one particular thing well enough to be noteworthy (action, comedy, romance, etc.). Things are happening and exploding on screen but who even cares, that's the general feeling I have.

I think Honoo no Kokuin ended up being the better show (compared to Genesis) from MAPPA in its entirety, and it aired (the first half, anyway) in the same season.

>Cheerios and Nina naked in the middle of nowhere
what do you think

>pepper chili necklace

>Nice going retard, S1 picked up again at episode 10.
And yet here you are in a thread bitching about how S2 suxs.

They turned a fantasy setting into a vehicle for a Disney princess love story. Pretty predictable that this would piss off some of the target audience (and yeah, I'm among them, I'm fucking pissed that this is Friendship--err, Love is Magic, the Season, disguised as a Bahamut franchise). I mean it's fine to have that as a subplot, but the fact it's the focus of the entire 2 cour series along with shoving the characters people liked aside in favor of the two most bland characters imaginable is just awful. It's a steaming hot dumpster pile in terms of writing, the only redeeming aspect is the generally high production quality and whatnot.