Why is doing drugs so rare in anime?

Why is doing drugs so rare in anime?

Bcs japan not america

read more doujin friendo

Because in Japan, weed is treated like heroin.
Thank Christ, too, stoner culture is awful

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

It's not. We see smoking and drinking all the time in anime.

Drug laws in Japan are ridiculously harsh.

Anime doesn't encourage degeneracy.

Because drugs are for losers

weeeeeeed lol

>ridiculously
Fuck off. Duterte was right

Anime doesn't show drugs for the same reason it doesn't show fat chicks shaking their ass and smelling like shit. Anime was not made by Americans for Americans.

From when the bongs poisoned china with opium. They've been paranoid ever since.

But had you ever seen somebody addicted to opioids in anime? I hadn't but I had irl. And it's strange for me, because I spend 30x more time watching anime than going outside

Every anime that features a Western girl should show them using coke at least once since they all do it and somehow avoid jailtime.

drugs are rare in anime land (japan)

>it's another why-is-this-american-thing-so-rare-in-anime thread

>you can kill a drug user or drug peddler and get $100 for it in the Phillippines.

Duterte is too based. Should have been featured in Black Lagoon.

Gaming is a drug.

SE/E Asia in general has harsh punishment.

>caught having drugs in flipland
>ReclusiĆ³n perpetua
Better kill yourself then and there than to be stuck in bilibid

Japan freaked the fuck out during the Opium wars and banned even the most benign drugs from being allowed in the country. They didn't want the Brits taking over with hard drugs.

>Price of Heroin (USD)
>1. Brunei $1330.4 per gram
>2. New Zealand $717.4 per gram
>3. Japan $683.6 per gram

I'm pretty sure there are laws against showing real drug use in anime.

Because japan culture isnt as degenerate as the JewSA.

what do flips do if a gaijin get caught with drugs there?

Probably the same as Indonesia. Shoot them.

So based he gets an anime appearance

Drug users mad as fuck

They smoke marijuana in one of the new Lupin movies, but that's pretty much as far as drug use goes in anime. As far as I know, drug use is considered very shameful in Japanese society and those who regularly use them are typically depicted as low-life criminal types. Most series don't bother trying to portray bad people very deeply, so drugs aren't really a thing.
If we're going to bring up America, drug use is more widely shown not because it's widely accepted, but because people expect realism from their film and television.

They (flips) get killed by Duterte. That is all that matters to the entire world.

>tfw not a junkie hunter just spending your days killing druggies in your free time

This, once again the eternal Anglo messes things up.

Kill those cunts. Western countries should adopt the same rules.

CGDCT is better than drugs.

>messes
It was on purpose

>He doesn't watch Moe CGDCT series

I ain't some kind of degenerate, but watching PSG while partaking in the devil's lettuce is an experience all should go through.

I remember drug use being shown in the Nana manga but for the anime it was only loosely implied.

>benign drugs
No such thing, pothead

OP there I'm not American. I'm from Eastern Europe.
I just hadn't knew that doing drugs is that rare in japan.

Only anime where heroin showed up that I remember where Rainbow and CLANNAD

I have a better question. Why is hook-up culture outright ignored in anime? It's incredibly prevalent in any country worth a damn. Yet in Anime omits it for no reason.

Why is doing drugs so rare in western cartoons?

>DUDE WEED LMAO XD
Japan isn't a stoner shithole like america

Japan in the 60/70s:
>20% of the population on speed
>violent student riots every day
>the japanese red army terrorizing the world
>chief leftist getting shanked live on stage

Japan today:
>absolutely nothing of interest

What the fuck happened

This

Where is my slice of life anime where 40 year old tokyo businesswomen discuss the size of a nigger's penis?

The Dutch learn from the Anglos and now plan to fill the world with ecstasy and profit from it, regardless of laws.

Jesus fucking christ, I need to become a druglord in Japan. What will stop me from loading few kilos of heroin from Mexico and doing around the world trip to japan where I sell it off tor?

It grew up

Because the viewerbase doesn't partake in hookup culture and their obsession with purity is an excuse they made for themselves, thus they don't want to see it either. Remember anime is entirely geared towards the buyfags will.

Baby boomers and GenX learned that they were wasting their youth and health on shit.

Not just the consumers, the people who make anime are also otaku

because drugs are for fags

You might get killed by russians, tortured to death by koreans, beat up by cops, or have an old fat yakuza say rude words then apologise profousely and give you some money

Anime.

The otaku working on anime don't have time to take drugs. They're too busy overworking themselves to death to get drugs or sleep.

Japan is full of straight edges.

Because, quite literally, NO ONE wants to see that.

At least they could make some anime about that time. For example an adaption of 69 by Ryu Murakami.

So since this thread is flooded by shitposters already, I'm just going to say it:

My enjoyment of anime is increased by at least 100% when I'm high. I get way more invested in the stories and characters

What is hentai for $0.50.

>OP there I'm not American. I'm from Eastern Europe.

Degenerate piece of shit.

Considering the way their society works, drugs would be the perfect catalyst to make the place look worse than a backwater African province in less than a decade.

Not every country is like baka gaijin American

Did they make a show about American protesters, especially where they get to partake in the usual American culture with their cops?

I really love how druggies always feel the need to tell others.
Do you think anyone cares?

Because anime isn't meant for dumb Americans. And when I say Americans I am indeed including everyone living on your two continents.

The Cancucks lead you by stupidity by far. They've elected a moron of unseen proportions to lead their country and even Trump's presidency will seem like a competent one after Trudeau is finished with them and sinks their country with a trillion dollar deficits.

Why? Because weed man.

Just another piece of proof that weed kills brain cells I guess.

I felt the need to admit it and want to know if anyone else feels that way.

The post was about slut culture though

Different cultures have different norms. Japan is a relatively drug light culture. Besides, I'm not sure if drugs would fit well with anime.

Druggies are always pretty insecure and unhappy after their high is over.

Which is why the Dutch have the highest prescription of painkillers per capita over other shithole countries.

Anime adaption when

Fucking kill yourself you disgusting fuck bag of shit I hope you choke on your dad's cock when he rapes you tonight.

Getting weed is here easy before duterte came along. It's not a bad thing though.

Because they're not degenerate western cancer

Other junkies.

Maybe instead of admitting you do drugs, you should admit you have a problem.

>Eternal Anglo cucking China with Opium and instilling the fear of drugs in everyone east of India
Compounded with the fact that anime (and manga) is pretty apprehensive to even show legal drugs (like alcohol and cigarettes) shown illegitimately.
I mean, how often is even underage drinking shown? Maybe Japan isn't like e.g. England where 16 yo are out binge drinking from Friday dusk till Sunday dawn, but its not like a 19 yo college student wouldn't drink a beer with friends in the comfort of his own room.

Wish I didn't do drugs and had more strict parents, Japan would have been great for me, this is coming from a high school dropout.

Western cartoons are mostly for kids. If they are not, there are also drugs

Anime>drugs

That is why

I'd love to see some psychedelic-influenced anime. Psychedelic drugs to a lot of crazy things to your brain on the visual level alone, so just seeing what a famous mangaka/ anime producer would make influenced by an experience would be very interesting

Think you would've been unsuccessful in any region

Korea is still like that. Theyre fond of using clubs and spears against police so SK Riot police have anti stabby armor now. I think the pic has older version and not the new one though

You're an inferior human being, then. I can enjoy good stories and get invested in good characters without stupefying myself. The fact that you literally need to turn your brain off to enjoy something shows how defective you really are.

I like that last part.

Because anime is the drug.

So the Macross guy?

Yes because we need more underage bait vapourwave shit, 80s anime is being turned what you're asking for

My parents are strict as fuck and i live on flipland and that didn't stop me from smoking weed. You only got your self to blame.

>good characters
>good stories

Most anime is shit in that regard. I watched most the classics and good stuff while sober because they are actually good

Because when you don't cater to retards, you keep retards away

Drug users are honestly just a ain in the ass to deal with no matter how god company they take themselves for

But what about Amphetamins?
I mean seriously, why isn't the industry on Speed, especially the Animators?
They get payed by the frame, so 4 hours more a day of cranking out shit would basically pay for it self...

Wow guys this isn't Sup Forums

I would watch the fuck out of a good Ultra heaven adaption

2deep4me

>turn your brain off to enjoy something
This should be a rule of thumb. Being high as fuck doesn't matter.

My life is in a downward spiral thanks to CGDCT. Should've never watched YrYr, but I didn't it would be such a slippery slope.

>implying only Asian countries fear opium
Try and take a look at the laws of your own country.
Even UK do death penalty until decades ago for opium distribution.
They only change it simply to harsh incarceration due to votes pandering.
Not all jails are like in the Norway where they look like resorts.
Even in the US, going to jail for a few years scarred you and destroy your career for life.

Because drugs carry a very harsh punishment there and stimulants often decrease the quality of your work

Then don't watch shit. There is enough anime out there that you quite literally cannot finish it all. Even if only a few can be considered masterpieces, a lot of them can be just good to great. You don't need the very best to enjoy something. The problem is you being too stupid to realize that you actually DON'T need to watch shit. But if you were capable of thinking that much, you wouldn't be doing drugs in the first place, so I'm not expecting you to understand any of this.

All anti-drug purityfags, pls go back to Sup Forums

Those who have tried it and understand the culture and reasoning. Please stay..