What was the anime community's reaction when this came out?

What was the anime community's reaction when this came out?

After it aired, Sup Forums was completely unbrowsable for YEARS.

Back then only little girls watched anime, so obviously everyone liked it

Sup Forums didn't talk about it. There were literally zero threads on Sup Forums at the time.

Yeah, for almost 6 whole years, that was horrible.

Probably aghast that she got curry dick. This was the moment I stopped caring for Utena as a character. I kept going for Nanami.

How is this not posted yet?

>I can't root for Utena because she slept with a man
>I'll root for the girl who fucked like 5 of them

Nanami is the only pure character in the whole series.

Nanami didn't fuck anyone, you retard. I'd rather champion a fucking cat killer than whores.

>A virtual conversation? Is she talking to me?
I feel ashamed for thinking the same

This anime taught me even the purest girls will only fall for the exotic rich asshole who has a fiancé and dozens of lovers

Your girlfriend is only around because she hasn't been picked up by her Akio yet and put into his harem

>fucking your prince makes you a whore

>blacked
>not PAJEETED
user, please

"muh prince"
This signals the slut's confusion and lack of unserdtanding
"muh prince" "muh prince himemiya"

Sasuga Morinaga Milk

Girl Friends anime when?

Toll = Paid

>unserdtanding
Did you have a stroke there?

Anthy is holding the sword wrong. Now way would she be able to hurt Utena like that.

It's the same for guys though. Dudes will gladly dump their girlfriends/wives for some new young chick without a second glance. Better to just not deal with 3DPD

>Prince
Disgusting slut, sex before marriage is wrong.

Akio was married so it counts

>lesbians!
>hot!

And?
What's wrong with that.

My wife's son is sitting next to me playing xbox, while I patiently wait my turn so I can watch the football games later. I love that kid. So what if his skin tone is more tan than I? He is my son now, and it's my duty to raise him.

It's like this: you own a yard and there are two big trees in the back.
But one tree next door is even bigger, and the branches extend into your yard. One of those branches drops an acorn, and it starts to grow in your yard now, alongside your two trees.

Are you just going to cut down the new small tree? No...your going to raise it with your own.

My wife saw a bigger tree and had that seed planted in her. My son is my acorn.

Why are Utena threads always so cancerous?

This, we all need to go back to gaybearposting

Reminder that Utena was only like 14 here.

Penguindrum > Utena > Sailor moon > Yurikuma

It truly was before its time

What about the new manga chapters? Have they been scanlated yet?

Akio is living sex, age and gender are the least of his concerns

Was on the mailing lists and shit long before Sup Forums when the fansubs hit in late 98 or early 99, can't remember.

If you're asking about a general reaction to utena, it was mostly sailor moon fans who got into it because ikuhara. In general, everyone was just confused and writing a ton of analysis trying to make sense of the symbolism. It was the evangelion fandom, but majority women who were arguing over touga or akio being hotter instead of rei vs asuka.

Reactions to akio fucking utena in that episode though? If I remember right.... reactions were

"Why the fuck did they hide something so important at the end of a clip show full of recycled animation?"
Also, akio fan girls jealous both jealous and happy for utena (akio was kind of a meme for being a sex god)
Also "wtf is this rape? How did this happen?"
You have to remember in those days digital subs were only available for certain series because not everyone had broadband, and utena was relatively obscure and weird then. So most of us just got all the tapes at once through trading and marathoned it, then went to ohtori.nu and the mailing list to make sense of things

Already too old.

>ohtori.nu
Wew lad, now you had to go and make me feel old.

I guess purityfaggotry was a post-Love Hina thing

It's full up and running. I don't think it ever went down

Yeah. Isn't Akio like 30 or something?

Literally living the dream.

So I still have a chance?

It's been years since I went to check. Good to hear, though.

>I didn't watch the show

Wasn't it aired like 5 years before Sup Forums was born?

I think so. Utena is primarily a shoujo show though for girls and women, that really turns the manservice up to almost ridiculous levels in the final episodes. Outside of the internet only boy i knew liked it and he was very, very gay. So most men avoided it because the aesthetic was so girly and the man service and no girls in short skirts like sailor moon.

I don't know that fangirls ever cared about purity in their bishounens. Fujoshi would screech about a female love interest ruining their yaoi pairings though (relena peacecraft for example in Gundam Wing)

Correction meant there was only one boy I knew who liked it who was really gay

That's the point of his character. Him no longer being dios is saying he's no longer young, idealistic and innocent like utena is. He's trying to live his youth through her again. Akio is literally that guy who never stopped hanging around high school because that's when he peaked and he's trying and failing to feel young again by fucking teenage girls.

Most straight people think sex between two people of their own sex is gross. Non-realistic sex between two opposite genders (sparkley anime dudes for chicks, sparkley anime grills for guys) is typically smiled upon, but is no where near reality.

Just wondering- to any of the femanons who might be here- when was the last time one of your gay anime husbando near-rape like comics ever had the two MCs discuss "we have to wait an hour to make love, I have ate itallian for lunch and have a massive shit coming"?

>not pushing his shit in

>people actually thinking Touga is hotter than Akio
How

Isn't indian for one

>husbando question
Literally zero yaoi do that.

But neither does straight sex in anime. Vagina cavity is seriously right next to the colon internally; it does not feel good to have anything in your pussy when you feel a massive shit coming

Anime is always fantasy though. How many straight romances discuss birth control or accidental pregnancies? How many yaoi and yuri actually discuss the societal implications of being in a dame dec relationship?

Also, yuri where the girls have long fingernails? Totally unrealistic too, things don't work that way.

They were the minority, I assure you. Akio was practically worshipped for his sex god powers. Some of the touga fans were more into how he was written in the manga

I have yet to see another anime character as sexual as Akio, practically every moment he appears with someone is a seduction

Dark skin is ugly.

thatsthejoke.jpg

Akio is more aesthetic than Touga though.

Suddenly I feel sorry for Akio.

I'm also a woman

There is always only one reaction: it's shit. Unless it's some kind of manime.

Utena is the quintessential manime

MODS

>homoerotic interracial feminist anime that ends with "I'm a strong independent black woman who don't need no man!"
If this were released today Sup Forums would rightfully despise it.

More like 3000.

But yes that's the point.

Akio fucked his fiance's mom

He is sick!

>black

>Sup Forums would despise it
fixed

Dunno why but that image pissed me off a lot now. It's been ages since I've seen it and I can barely remember what was most of the episodes about, but that made me angry back then and still does it seems, just pure shit in a mess of a series.

when you have respect for a character and then they get literally fucked and quite effortlessly I'd say you would feel betrayed and the character will feel rather shallow
atleast that's how it is for me.

>little girl's parents die and she becomes suicidally depressed.
>a prince shows her something eternal, and she vows to live noble, brave and pure just like the prince. is no longer depressed
>turns 14, goes to high school
>much older adult man manipulates and seduces her, slowly making her forget who she is and what's important to her.
>fucks her in a love motel

it's supposed to make you mad. There was a time when anime was about making you think and feel, instead of just being comfy or fap/schlick material.

An anime and specifically a scene that men will NEVER understand.

You guys seem to forget Akio reminded her of the prince, that is literally the only reason she took interest at all. She would have ran for the hills if she knew Anthy was fucking him and that she would try to kill her for sleeping with him.

What was Utena's gender again? It wasn't male or female, it was a car. Utena transcends gender norms.

Don't, this describes my ex and he is a complete retard shit.

You still fucked him

Yea but not before he went and became a retard. Now he makes me want to throw up.

Good job proving 's point

>men will never understand how much of a slut I am
You're right

Women fuck the alpha, even if he disgusts them, because being alpha takes precedence

Not rocketscience

You replied to a different user, but I think I'm willing to get a lobotomy so I'd never be attracted to anybody again, then I'd treat everybody like shit equally and never feel like I'm missing out on anything.

humans aren't animals. And this is not how women think. Try spending more time with real people and not in your internet echo chambers; it'll do wonders for your personal life

>humans aren't animals
I can tell you're a woman just by reading that.

Good for you?

Is it?

>Him no longer being dios
Is this a JoJo reference?

No one but the retarded "muh DEEP anime" kids gave a shit. Everyone was into the moe shit like Card captor Sakura or Sailor Moon.

Actuall at the time of the release, there were better anime out there like Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Lain, Eva, Macross series, etc

In terms of draw style, this anime was pandering to the josei/shojo crowd + retard crowd of "muh deep anime". Those are the minorities.

>found out Anthy was fucking him also
>became a catty jealous bitch to her
Was pretty refreshing to see

>sailor moon
>moe
No

>became a catty jealous bitch to her

I missed that part, but Anthy did try to poison her so maybe it was that.

The poison scene was a bonding moment.

>this thread
God, purityfags are cancer.

Pretty sure she goes and hogs the currydick for herself during the morning, and then the cantarella talk about poisoned tea and cookies happen

God, Sluts are disgusting.

Utena is not the show for you

That's why you wait for the children to go to bed.

Yeah, the perspective is absolutely fucked

Believe me, I only started thinking like this after interacting with women. When I was a shut in I thought girls had agency, honor and self-awareness as us boy do, and thought shit like Utena were highly unrealistic without the use of magic or cruel manipulation

But once you pay attention to how women act, rather than what they say, they are lot more animalistic than men

>btw I'm a girl
>oh and here's the long-awaited update on my life
this isn't reddit you pig