Why do people watch bad anime? Why do they not watch good anime instead?

Why do people watch bad anime? Why do they not watch good anime instead?

Other urls found in this thread:

yandex.ru/images/search?url=http://i.4cdn.org/a/1501330370400.jpg&rpt=imageview&redircnt=1501330947.1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For comparison.
You can't appreciate good anime if you don't know any bad ones.

pic not related

I like to experience the bottom of the barrel.

>GISing the thumbnail

what the fuck are you doing

In some rare cases it works better than searching for the full image. In this case, it does not. But at least he did try.
It's Maken-ki.

yandex.ru/images/search?url=http://i.4cdn.org/a/1501330370400.jpg&rpt=imageview&redircnt=1501330947.1

Nigga there is no good anime.
Its all just a heavily commercialized low-effort daycare for autistic children of all ages.

All anime be bad

Tits and ass is good

Thx

>All anime be bad
I can't argue with this, at all. Having read the great works throughout the ages, even the most celebrated anime and manga seem like amateurish drivel in comparison, at least something like Maken-ki abandons all pretense.

I have extremely low standards.

What's considered good or bad depends on the person

Wrong people like wrong things.

I don't get it as well, OP. People spend time watching all these badly written pretentious 2deep4u cartoons instead of reading a well-written book or something. At least people watching harem shit get a share of tits that isn't done much better by other mediums.

It's not like anime, on aggregate, is any worse than where Western movies and TV are right now.

>Season 3 never

All anime is good

The fuck's wrong with your font rendering

Which is another way of saying that no anime is good.

Wisdom

They are bad people.

>Why do people watch bad anime?
Because then I wouldn't be watching anything made after 2007

>implying your opinion > anyone else's opinion
OP is being a faggot, as usual.

fuck op with your pseudo intelectual edgy anime
I will fucking become a whale and support the creation of more shit animes you dislike and destroy the type of anime you enjoy

Hope you enjoy leftovers of your pseudo intelectual edgy faggot anime, there will be no more, you just fucked up.

Because there isn't any good anime anymore. all anime today is shilling for VNs/manga and pandering to the ronery otaku.

TV has actually been amazing for years now. Anime reminds me of what TV was like in the 80s.

Is the Pic related? Anime with huge tiddies whats bad about that?

Only good anime were OVAs, and they don't make those anymore

People pay 10k yen for a two TV episode blu-ray, so why bother? The few OVA we do get are just cut tv episodes where they go to the beach and fix their swim panties

This! In the uuuuh 80's (???) there was GOOD anime known among us real otakus as MANIME.
It was all about BADASS MANLY MEN fighting aliens and shiiitz, and it was MATURE and made for MEN, not for selling stupid toys like modern """anime"". Then came K-ON and it ruined EVERYTHING. Now ALL animes are made for shitty otakus losers. I HATE this.

>Impossibly hot girls all over the MC
>MC never makes a move
It gets tiring after about the 250th time. That's not an exaggeration, either. I know there are a lot of low powerlevel faggots who pretend it's good fun, but after hundreds of times it really does get annoying.

I fucking love anime titties, but both yuri and beta mcs repulse me

The only ones I watch are just the occasional not-shit hentai or 100% fanservice ecchi

Hell, harems are the hottest concept but it's always done to a guy getting embarrassed, screaming and apologising.
Loce Hina came out like 20 years ago, stop copying it!

>TV has actually been amazing for years now
Funny how you normalfags started going on about "muh golden age" just after the last few good shows ended.

But I only watch xebec shows

You type like a faggot who just got here from MAL. but you hate yuribait and haremshit, so I can't hate you. Watch Shinmai Maou, it's the least offensive battle harem I've seen in a long time, and the MC doesn't ever moralfag or get scared and run away from boobies.

Because they're far better than good anime.

>Having read
And yet you've made such a basic mistake, comparing two different mediums, disregarding the visual aspect of animation, so sad.

You better be jokig, the best proof is that no decent sci-fi series has been created for TV in decades.

How much does the MC factor into the manga though? I've been seeing gifs for years, but I think I've seen him in at most two. Figured he was a side character.

>watch the only five good animays ever created
>watch a bunch of shit in desperation hoping to find something good again

This is what actually happens.

Because quality is subjective

Because sometimes you watch trash knowing full well that it's trash just to laugh at it/jerk off to it.

Because, according to most people, there are only 5-10 good anime historically, and almost all of them were made before 2000.01.01. So once you've watched your Bebops and Spooks in the Shell and maybe one new good anime every few years, there's nowhere left to go but down. Down the shitter.

They don't watch shows as they air, they wait for word of mouth. Those people who go in blind to see what the shows will be like are autistic weeb retard fucks who have no taste and just watch shitty anime.

If you honestly think modern Western TV is "amazing" you are absolutely fucking retarded. Excluding news and sports, its 75% horrendously brain dead reality shows and generic crime dramas with absolutely no thought put into their episodic "cases," and the other 25% is on-going drama series, of which probably less than a quarter manage to avoid jumping the shark into utterly idiotic plotlines, fan-pandering, and endless soap opera-level melodrama by their third or fourth seasons, and almost all of which are packed to the brim with shoe-horned in, obnoxious SJW crap and exactly the type of vapid pretension that makes idiots exactly like you think they are "SO DEEP" for eating up its bullshit. Actually, most of those "amazing" drama series of which I'm sure you are referring to in your comment, are calculatingly designed to make a bunch of pretentious "TFW too intelligent" type social media philosophers and armchair critics feel like they are "OMG SO DEEP" for enjoying them. You are seriously retarded if you think Western television is in any capacity "amazing" and if Western "drama" series as a whole are in even slightly better than what the anime industry puts out.

>watching anime

You are braindead if you think literature and film are the same thing and that something is only good when academics have been circle-jerking to it for centuries.

>Because quality is subjective

This fucking retard right here.

This
Saying literature is better than anime is simply appeal to authority, it's a logical fallacy

You think pic related is bad yet flaunt over EVA which is basically the same shit but with pretentious christian imagery thrown in to appear to be deep.

>see Sup Forums dislike anime with production values and good directing just because it's popular
>seriously thinking there's only five good anime out there

I have no idea what Maken Ki is about. I skipped everything except the fan service scenes. Flat chest blonde is best and has best ass.

True dat

"Sometimes eating ramen that is really bad can be kind of fun too"

Rather than simply accepting other people's opinions of something being good/bad. You watch a thing yourself and make your own determination at the end of it.

So I can , So I can, watch you weave then breathe your story lines.

Nice one.

Because watching anime isn't a contest?
I could shit on Aho Girl fans for their "most awful taste in anime", but what's the point?

>I have to eat shit to know what good food is

>I could shit on Aho Girl fans for their "most awful taste in anime", but what's the point?
Maybe you get off on pretending to sound smart while actually outing yourself as a retard?

That's an exaggeration though. You simply can't fully preciate something good unless you've tried something bad.

His comparison is also retarded because the amount of food you can and do consume is very different than the amount of anime you can and do consume. He's also acting like he's never tried a restaurant only to find out that it's shitty after he ate the food.

It's true, you know.

>Bebops and Spooks in the Shell
Those are both overrated trash though.

>seriously thinking there's only five good anime out there
true dat, the actual number is close to three

But I don't watch bad anime.

Because they don't want to.

The large majority of American television is complete shit, to be sure, but don't pretend there aren't quality shows here and there. Season 1 of True Detective, Breaking Bad, and Rick and Morty are a few examples of very high quality writing and direction.

why would u want s3 after the disaster that was s2?

>Rick and Morty

hilarious

Only abused children don't like Rick and Morty

Fuck off reddit

>Rick and Morty

it's passable but I don't really understand why people keep putting it on such a pedestal.

Are the current shows so shit that mediocre shows are thought to be amazing?

Rick and Morty isn't bad but I don't understand the hype, is juts like a very edgy Futurama, and that's actually something bad but oh well.

Well in OPs pic, the MC was taking up the advances of the nurse but the crossgender girl/guy interrupted and cockblocked him literally by turning him into a girl. As much as the MCs are at fault, so are the girls at times.

>Only people who don't smoke copious amounts of weed and browse reddit don't like Rick and Morty
Fixed

And when that whole ordeal was over, why didn't MC proceed to make a move on the nurse?

>the amount of food you can and do consume is very different than the amount of anime you can and do consume

I'm not even sure if you mean I can consume more food or more anime.

I can watch 30 episodes in a day if I have the day off. I can also do it with little to no effort. I sure as hell can't eat 30 different meals in a day.

>Why do they not watch good anime instead?

because there is a limited amount of good animes

Seems to me like the "good" anime you watch are so bad that you need to watch absolute trash just to justify it as "well it could be worse".

>animes
Fuck off.

I can go out to my garden and take a bite of 30 different things in 5 minutes. Or I could make a single meal using 30 different ingredients.

you guys are bringing food analogies to a whole nother plane

I hope your picture is not one of the good ones

>Sup Forums gets triggered by Rick and Morty
Like a fucking clockwork. I really hope it's just a meme at this point to react like that and you're all actually decent people with complex personalities.

I can't stand the artstyle. It's like watching a Toei anime- or worse- a Miyazaki movie.

Pic unrelated?

You're dumb. If I like something - then it's good. It's that simple.

Even though you used animes and png to bait, it's still a valid statement.

>and png to bait
How is png bait?

>I can go out to my garden and take a bite of 30 different things in 5 minutes
Raw food, not meals. That's like watching 30 different anime PVs.

>Or I could make a single meal using 30 different ingredients.
That's like saying "This anime had 30 different cuts in the episode". A meal made of 30 ingredients is still just one meal.

Welcome to Sup Forums.

Go back to wherever the fuck you came from, you subhuman ESLfag. That show is shit for stoner undergrads.

Is there something you liked 10 years ago that you no longer like today or vice versa? The thing itself didn't change, you experienced other things that changed your valuation of that thing.

and an anime made of 25 episodes is one anime

>welcome to Sup Forums
>he says as he unironically partakes in food analogies

Who cares? Present day is what matters. I don't have a hobby to rewatch old shows except some classic like DBZ

Hmmmmm so, according to this thread, we all agree that anime was never good.

People watch one episode a week as a show airs. That's the normal unit for consumption. Eating single ingredients in lieu of a meal is not normal at all.

Food analogies have been a thing here far longer than you have.

How do you find good anime?

There is so much shit and so many recommendations not worth anything.

That's not what i said you idiot. What i said is that you can't fully appreciate something good if you haven't tried something bad. I never said anything about what you like.

so has rape and murder.

If you're a newfag, stop fucking posting and use the charts. If you're not a newfag, you should be watching many shows a season and have a backlog.

But it is all shit
I feel emptier and emptier after every single one.