Arranged marriages

Most relationships start when a man sees a woman he is attracted to and asks her on a date. But what do you really know about this woman, other than that she’s hot? She could be a coal burner, single mother, degenerate liberal or SJW, or have a myriad of other issues.

Instead of wasting time talking to random slags, why not ask your parents to find you a suitable wife? They can screen potential candidates for good traits without the bias of lust. When you date a woman who your parents set you up with, you know they aren’t going to have any (obvious) issues, because they would have been screened out.

Arranged marriages are much more likely to succeed because of this. Indian marriages, which are almost all arranged, have an 80% success rate, compared to our 50% here in the west.

>In free-choice marriage decisions, one of the hardest challenges is finding a good set of options to choose from. From those interested in marriage, complaints about how hard it is to find a good man or a good woman are commonplace.

This really reminded me of Sup Forums because we always see women complaining “where are all the good men?” (Meanwhile we wonder where the good women are)

>in an arranged marriage, people that one respects and trusts, AKA parents or elders prescreen the available options, leaving a small and manageable choice set.

psychologytoday.com/blog/the-science-behind-behavior/201511/why-are-so-many-indian-arranged-marriages-successful

Pretty interesting article

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/16/women-and-prescription-drug-use_n_1098023.html
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Shipping
youtube.com/watch?v=7iNbnineUCI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zersetzung
bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-37481054
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is how you get white women.

It doesn’t have to be

>Instead of wasting time talking to random slags, why not ask your parents to find you a suitable wife?
If your parents know your preferences as well or better than you, then you haven't really lived anywhere else outside your house.
>They can screen potential candidates for good traits without the bias of lust.
Yeah, Indians have been practicing genetic engineering for generations.
>Arranged marriages are much more likely to succeed because of this. Indian marriages, which are almost all arranged, have an 80% success rate, compared to our 50% here in the west.
Horrible way to lie because of statistics. In the west, divorce is acceptable and in India it is not. That is why it's 80% in India, whereas in the west it's 50%.

50% is nature's probability of things working out between a pair - either it does or it does not - coin flip. Anything far below 50% shows that the society is not stable, and anything above 50% is artificially maintained.
>This really reminded me of Sup Forums because we always see women complaining “where are all the good men?”
There are tons of good women. Sup Forums consists of virgins and that's why they suck at finding them.
>Pretty interesting article
Kys.

>your preferences
I don’t understand this...a man’s “preference” is a conservative woman who would make a good mother and good wife. That’s the most important thing.

>50% is nature's probability of things working out between a pair
Hypergamy and harems are “nature’s” dynamic between men and women. We humans strive to be better than animals, though.

I'm happy with my fiance. We celebrated our 10 year anniversary back in October and we're getting married in the fall before we start trying for children.
>pic related

Congratulations but how is that relevant to this thread?

Post recent pic

This seems fake as fuck, source?

Didn't need to use tinder, I'm her HS sweetheart. I also did not need to use my parents.
Both of these are recent.

Good for you, but your anecdote doesn’t change the statistics.

>10 year anniversary
You dated a girl for 10 years before proposing???

>why not ask your parents to find you a suitable wife?
Neck yourself, even if you're just baiting for replies.

Very nice, good luck with the kids. You folks religious?

>I don’t understand this...a man’s “preference” is a conservative woman who would make a good mother and good wife.
>Parents are good at finding conservative wives.
It's fairly obvious you're not from the east and you don't know how things work. You have a romanticized view of arranged marriages.
They work in India because they're treated like business partnerships by all parties involved. Parents are often arbitrators in marriages - that is, once you marry a girl your parents choose, they never leave your life. If you're the kind of guy who likes to live under the influence of other people, then yeah, perhaps arranged marriages are good for you.

>That’s the most important thing.
I've known tons of people who were unhappy in arranged marriages. In my family, my uncle and aunt had arranged marriages and the only reason they never divorced was due to family and peer pressure. The only non-arranged marriages in my family were those of my parents and eldest uncle and those marriages are stable. Arranged marriages served a purpose in an age when communication was not easy. You needed the experience and information network of your parents to find a suitable wife in a highly stratified and segregated society like India.

After Independence, things have changed. People still marry within their castes, but they mingle more and can find their own partners.

>Hypergamy and harems are “nature’s” dynamic between men and women. We humans strive to be better than animals, though.
The purpose of all life is clear and can be deduced by observation - to be born, to survive, hopefully reproduce, and then die.
There's nothing special about "being better than animals". It's not like you'll desire pussy less just because you think you're better than animals. Besides, all of society's practices eventually can be boiled down to choosing good mates and having a family - the same thing animals want.

No. I proposed after two years. We're just trying to get all of our ducks in a row before we start our family.
We're both religious, though not zealots. The thing is she is Catholic and I was raised Baptist but we both have moral values that align partially due to our faith.

The nose knows

Just read the Rational Male by Rollo Tomassi, and you'll realize that arranged marriages are redpilled. Everything in current society revolves around women and is rigged against men, just compounded by these twenty-four hour dating apps and social media which have made women even more entitled, egotistical, opportunistic whores than they were pre-internet. Women are children in adults' bodies, and are generally completely incapable of planning for the future or realizing how quickly their sexual market value will plummet by their late twenties and early thirties, leading to an existential crisis. A quarter of American women are on anti-depressants, I guarantee you overwhelmingly in the early thirties-forties cohort, who rode the Tindr cock carousel, destroyed their value to men, immersed themselves in career over family, and never managed to lock a man down in a deep, meaningful relationship.
huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/16/women-and-prescription-drug-use_n_1098023.html

It will actually benefit women the most of all for them to cede power back to men and restore the patriarchy, and setting up arranged marriages for young women and getting them preggers early on isn't a bad idea at all.

Her heritage is Polish, English, and Russian.

God bless!

Thing is Sup Forums is always going on about me not being white because I'm 1/2 italian

You’re right, I’m not very knowledgeable about arranged marriages in the east.

>I've known tons of people who were unhappy in arranged marriages. In my family, my uncle and aunt had arranged marriages and the only reason they never divorced was due to family and peer pressure.
What’s so bad about this? Muh happiness and muh true love are memes, marital stability is more important. People shouldn’t just be allowed to agree to a marriage and just change their minds later in life without a valid reason. No-fault divorce was a mistake, 80% of divorces are initiated by the women with most commen reasons being: they are “bored” or “not in love anymore”

>There's nothing special about "being better than animals" etc etc
Now you are just going edgy Fedora mode.
Keeping the moral fabric of society strong, keeping our race alive, and our countries prosperous, keeping our families unbroken are all valid reasons

More interesting angle would be resurrection of arranged marriages in Western context of death of traditional family unit.

Explicit framing of family as corporation, established by people for mutual benefit; getting rid of romantic part (romance-as-binding worked when it was regulated by tradition, now it's FUBAR and works as destabilizing force). That would bring all society benefits of strong family unit (increasing autonomy of citizens by pooling resources -> population less prone to be controlled by both elites (no need for gibmethats) and demagogues (can't rouse people who have much to loose into revolutionary rage), economic stability due to diversification, etc), while maintaining good parts of progressives (double workforce, better social mobility)

But that would be abhorrent for both conservatives (muh degeneracy, John marries Bill, then marries his mother, then marries some corporation-which-is-person-too, then proceeds to fuck random sluts) and to liberals (strong citizens are anathema to elites backing them and thus demonized as 'priviledge', planned corporation-marriage is direct opposite of feelings based behaviour)

God bless you too user. Leave the Leafs and come to America before the wall is built.

>I've known tons of people who were unhappy in arranged marriages.
>What’s so bad about this?
You pass your unhappiness on to your kids and fuck them up.
>Muh happiness and muh true love are memes, marital stability is more important.
Everything comes at a cost. If people are not happy in a relationship and you force them to be in that relationship, then they eventually fuck over the people they have power over.

>People shouldn’t just be allowed to agree to a marriage and just change their minds later in life without a valid reason.
This I can agree with. I think making divorce really difficult for people is a good idea. Because you want people to work their issues out rather than quit. In fact, my father told me that peer pressure helped him sort issues out with my mom. But he had the additional incentive of loving her of his own free will. My uncle didn't have that incentive - he was just forced to stay in a relationship he didn't like.

>No-fault divorce was a mistake, 80% of divorces are initiated by the women with most commen reasons being: they are “bored” or “not in love anymore”
True.

>Now you are just going edgy Fedora mode.
Prove me wrong faggot.

>Keeping the moral fabric of society strong, keeping our race alive, and our countries prosperous, keeping our families unbroken are all valid reasons
Isn't this in line with what I said? Your statement implies that you want your genes and the genes of blood related, or like minded, people to propagate.

I wasn't being a Fedora faggot when I said that. It's a truth that I can't deny and no matter how much I hate it, all of us are here just to survive, hopefully reproduce, and then die.

Everything else in life is just a prop - an addition to the stage.

It sounds great in theory but then I think about my actual family choosing a life partner for me. My mother would have married me off to a complete psycho and then spent the rest of her life laughing at my misery. That's just the kind of person she is. Compared to this being forever alone is very attractive.

What I meant by “being better than animals” was that social constructs such as monogamous marriage are what allowed us to develop advanced societies as opposed to remaining in the mud like niggers. If we just say “the only purpose in life is to reproduce, nothing else matters” things will degrade until we will end up back in the mud eventually.

Why would your father let that happen? Does your mother wear the pants in their marriage?

Some mothers do.

Honestly one of the best ways you can meet someone is through church or friends. If you have wholesome friends then by proxy they will know other similar people.

Irrelevant stupid slide thread.

We scare the Jew enough to make it type OPs post which is a DISTRACTION TROLL.

>What I meant by “being better than animals” was that social constructs such as monogamous marriage are what allowed us to develop advanced societies as opposed to remaining in the mud like niggers.
I get that. But what's the difference between niggers and us if all there is to life is to live, reproduce and die. Niggers reproduce, and so do we. Is having an advanced civilization really such an advantage in that case? I'm not saying I don't like my life, but I am saying it's not black and white.
>If we just say “the only purpose in life is to reproduce, nothing else matters” things will degrade until we will end up back in the mud eventually.
I understand, but all the fortunes of all societies are cyclical. You feel this way now due to the internet age, but society has survived without the internet, without medicine, and without advanced tech. Sure, society may degrade for a while, but some individuals will find it in their interest to band together so that they have access to better pussy and can protect their progeny better.

Once again, it's not that black and white and it only appears so because you like the times you're in.

I would have liked to meet a girl in church but I was born in a secular family so I’ve never attended church. I feel like it would be weird to walk into one alone

>I feel like it would be weird to walk into one alone
I'm a poo in the U.S. and I've attended a Sunday mass. I think I got lucky. A lot of people spoke to me afterwards. But I guess it's just like any other community. People are nice and superficial to welcome you, but to earn their trust, you have to work really hard.

Dating is degenerate. In 1905 no white woman of good reputation would ever be caught DEAD consorting in public with an unrelated male IN ADDITION no chaperone. Arranged marriages are better. My parents had their marriage arranged and my siblings & I all turned out great.

Not particularly. Find one that you don't mind, even one of the big box churches, go to a few sermons, figure out a social event they are planning, go to that and meet people there. If you aren't a total creep it'll be fine. Just don't sperg out and don't say anything particularly weird. It's not hard to meet people that way. After church hang around and shake hands with people, talk with them, and if you are polite and kind people in that setting will respond in the same way.

>why not ask your parents to find you a suitable wife?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You're fucking kidding, right?

Our parents don't give a single solitary shit about us, they throw us to the wolves as soon as they can get away with it.

Are you a jehovas witness? I have some friends of the family who keep inviting me to come with them...but I don’t want to join a religion that makes me go door-to-door. Also, I hear the JWs have a lot of non-whites

Both of my parents (divorced) are currently having sex with crisis actors whose sole job was infiltrating and ruining my life.

My dad's girlfriend is mossad, for fuck sakes.

And my Moms girlfriend.... well... I think you can guess the rest.

>Explicit framing of family as corporation, established by people for mutual benefit;
This exists in Korea, India, Japan and China. They're all miserable people.

AMA. Pajeet married to a pajeeta through arranged marriage.

Gay

Pick a church and start going there, attending social events, potlucks, things of that nature. Make friends in the community and then put out feelers, especially when someone asks where your significant other is. Just remember not to be a fucking creep about it. Or you know, you might sink a roastie but you can always hit the bar scene, dating sites, personal ads.

I have a lot of questions.
Are you both happy? Were you virgins? How old were you and how long have you been together? How lon did you date/ know each other before getting married Do you have kids?

Ya'll remember when Israel intentionally attacked that American intelligence ship?

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Shipping

We both are happy we were virgins i was 28 she was 27 when my parents introduced us at a family gathering. Our parents gave us 2-4 months time to get to know each other. we don't have kids yet

>Both of my parents (divorced) are currently having sex with crisis actors whose sole job was infiltrating and ruining my life.
My fucking sides man, just exploded into the stratosphere

We are ALREADY AT WAR you retarded fucks.

Talking about the USS Liberty? Literally over 50 years ago.

>My fucking sides man, just exploded into the stratosphere

You ever heard of zersetzung?

Stasi tactic of gangstalking dissidents to death?

Yeah, GATE students are currently being gangstalked to death by mossad.

Damn...she was that old already and still virgin? She is probably very disciplined, that’s good. Good luck to you both.

One final question:
Send bobs/vegana?

>muh marriage
It's not the marriages that are a problem, divorce is. If you don't want divorce then you should be working on society as whole, since American society isn't about lasting marriages, it's about money.

>Talking about the USS Liberty? Literally over 50 years ago.

Technically, no... I was talking about the relationship destruction that mossad does to intelligent americans.

"Shipping" is a movie term for "Relationshipping." (trying to get two people into a relationship)

Mossad finds GATE students and uses clandestine stasi tactics to ruin their lives and relationships.

WE are already at war.

youtube.com/watch?v=7iNbnineUCI

Most indian women don't have sex as a first priority
Their first priority is always cooking there is a ritual in which groom's family goes to bride's home for lunch and the food should be prepared by bride herself to impress the in-laws this is the first step of arranged marriages in India.
Sexting isn't that common but yes it happens once you get to know each other for some time

How about you stupid fucks actually READ the wikipedia entry for zersetzung (stasi tactics) for once in your miserable lives?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zersetzung

India can't be compared to west, since Indians are stupid, especially women, they are too stupid to leave and literally can't go anywhere. American women are smarter and can go anywhere. India has no success story, just poverty and unable to act.

Is she’s a stay-at-home wife? Are you the only breadwinner or do you live with your parents? I read that in India the wife moves in with her husbands family

Your opinion is appreciated

You are going off the deep end. TIme to take your lithium.

It's the truth, since alpine Austrian women of long marriage were also stupid, they made cheese all day and that's it, so divorces didn't happen.

She is pursuing her Phd. I work for an MNC.
We both have an apartment in a 1st-tier city our parents live in villages.

Designated shitting street or poo in loo?

So, should I contact you through our enemies communications system?

You ain't got SHIT covered.

post pic of her

In india women are trained to be good wives by their mothers. I have never heard a divorce case in my life

LOL Bro we are 2 years away from becoming a super power so definitely POO IN LOO

Arranged marriages only happen in countries where parents give a flying fuck about their children....

And that ain't America.

FUK u bithc

Has it ever occurred to you that your tellocommunications companies are literally working for your enemies, or are OWNED by your enemies?

You try to arrange a marriage, and it will be stolen by mossad.

You will soon. Capitalism will without a doubt give you divorces.
bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-37481054
>That was then. The landmark Hindu Code Bill passed in the parliament in the mid-1950s gave women property rights, outlawed polygamy and allowed partners to file for divorce. The laws were further tweaked in 1976 to allow divorce by mutual consent.

Indian women couldn't even get divorced before 1976 and still have limited rights. It's not that you are so happy, it's that you control women.

I'll be back. I have to go to the store to get diphenhydramine for my dog.

>filenames are important

Yes we are so much better off with 'independent and strong' women right?

The Indians got this one right

A guy I know met a girl in church and she paid him $400 to eat her out for 15min.

Church is not any special place with virtuous angels.

Indians poo issue is the caste system they believe the lower castes have to clean it away so they leave it there.

Controlled women are happy women. You think all these feminist journalists writing about how you should suck 30 dicks are happy? They’re bitter and will never achieve happiness. The married women with the highest happiness are those who remained virgins until marriage

you should let me know i'm available for hire

Wtf I hate church and religious people now because of something that happened to “a guy you know.”

Muslims in our countries control women if you are a woman who doesn't live in a village you can do whatever the fuck you want. Women are taught to respect their husbands like real respect and to raise a kid by beating the shit out of them when needed.

Has nothing to do with independent women. We had independent women during Socialism in Yugoslavia and Soviet Union and still weren't divorces. Both chaining women and capitalism are wrong. What you need is strong moral guidance where you teach morals in school and punish women if they cheat. You literally don't need anything else.

You want to be a Muslim? You think Muslim countries are happy?
HAHAHA
Not even a little, they are combination of Indian stupidity and chains, worse of both worlds.

Muslim women are stupid and they are cattle, they all secretly want to escape, but they can't. Only ones that are happy are the ones that have mind of a goat.

>tradition
>%80 success rate
You dont say?

Its real.

If youre straight to the point degenerate it turns them on. Ive bagged a couple white whores using the same method.

Arranged marriages don't happen in America, only weaponized cuckoldry and theft.

A little chubby but she’s cute, bro. I’m not a big fan of the nose piercing though

I am not a muslim. Our culture is different.

What is prostitution and mail brides? That's arranged marriage in USA.

Why exactly do you think that the "SoyBoys" always pose with a "Switch"?

You think that's a fucking coincidence?

>What is prostitution and mail brides? That's arranged marriage in USA.

No, i'm saying that our parents don't give a fuck about us, so there are no blind dates, arranged marriages, etc...

There is only rent.

There is only ever rent.

Women in india only pierce their nose and ear so that they can put kilos of gold ornaments on it and make their colleagues jealous

The Soviet Union pioneered women’s liberation by literally doin research into the female orgasm and sexual stimulation via methods other than vaginal intercourse

>punish women if they cheat
Isn’t this a form of control, though?

So you think women should be allowed to divorce whenever they want, because to do otherwise would be “controlling.” Keep in mind the divorce rate in the west is 50%, with 80% of those divorces initiated by women. The most common reasons are “she’s bored” or “she doesn’t love him anymore.”
I think the reason they’re “bored” is because they’ve been hopping from dick to dick for so long in their youth, they lost the ability to enjoy a single man. This is why female sexuality needs to be controlled, for the good of humankind

not bad

Eh, I think those hand leading someone photos are played out. Also, my fiance is better looking. Now I'm going to the store.

arranged marriages are the best choice

Big cities of freedom and no government responsibility for individual actions is never going to produce healthy marriages, even if you don't divorce. If you allow every sexual activity and have prostitutes on streets for everbody to see and you promote Hugh Hefner type of people like gods and have Kardashians and other types, you literally asking for hard marriages that will end in divorce. Capitalistic man has to be a serious cuck to satisfy women, has to be maid for everything and women might not even cook and clear. American bang culture is widespread in schools, you compete in sex like you compete with products, end result is expected.