Why hasn't Jojo ever had a tournament arc? It's one of the only longform Shounenshit battle manga with out one

Why hasn't Jojo ever had a tournament arc? It's one of the only longform Shounenshit battle manga with out one.

That was Steel Ball Run.

It does a smart thing and eradicates power creep. Every part introduces new cast and doesn't generally involve entire-manga-long power growth like other shounen protags do.

Because JoJo doesn't follow the shonen rules.

>JoJo doesn't follow the shonen rules.

Lol it literally wrote the book on shounenshit

Also, protags get phased out in importance, Joseph got progressively jobbier in each part as did Jotaro.

Not at all.
Hokuto no Ken and Dragon Ball wrote the shonen book.
In fact, Jojo has always been the least popular long-running shonen series. That's why it only got an anime TV adaptation in 2012, even when it has been published since 1986.

>Jojo has always been the least popular long-running shonen serie

This is legit 100% incorrect

not sure you can judge series with author rights behind the private companies made by mangakas themselves the same way as those in publisher half-slavery. There's no yotsubato anime for a reason

I could have sworn it got an adaptation much earlier than that

It was Seinen by then though.

An OVA that only adapted Part 3. He's talking about TV anime.

fair enough, I must be mixing it up with something else

Maybe if there was only one mc and the show wasn't divided up into parts and nobody ever died. Wouldn't be jojo by that rate. Sounds like shit.

There was also that Phantom Blood movie that everyone pretends doesn't exist.

all these implyings how Araki was carefully choosing the studio for years and we ended up with our mediocre result, at least for the pt3.

Name a better studio for the job than DP

why should it tournament arcs are always retarded shit
>name 1 (one) good tournament arc

I liked the first one in Yu Yu Hakusho. But that had a good villain to support the arc.

SO

chunin exams

Boku no pico academy

Boku no Pico Academia

NO

I wouldn't say least popular since the tankobons always sold well, but you're right in that it never ranked very highly and consistently during any of it's run, by the time Stone Ocean came around it was nearly always in the bottom half to bottom five.

|I don't know how studios and creators decides on what gets an anime or not but not having an anime doesn't mean by default something is unpopular. Rokudenashi Blues for example only has two OVAs but was one of WSJ flagship series whilst it was running and almost always in the top 3 for rankings.

It's not the kind of work that lends itself well to tournament arcs. Best I can think of is some sort of barebones competition where the participants are given a target each round and have to track each other down and each other out.

it's pretty impressive that it had training arc that was lit, but maybe it was because it was so short

>>name 1 (one) good tournament arc
Tsugumomo faction battle

There is a manga that is nothing but tournament arcs and it is based.

Keep pretending with us user. It needs to stay buried.

Jojo is Seinen

Battle City, Duelist Kingdom too if you're not an autist.

It's both.

6 (and a bit) parts were published in WSJ, so no. Shounen and Seinen don't magically mean whatever you want them to mean.

C'mon user, I love Hamada, but the past few chapters have been really boring.

Steel Ball Run and JJL is Seinen.

1-6 is Shonen.

Madhouse

I had a dream that Part 9 is going to take place in a huge coliseum where Stand users are getting kidnapped and made to kill each other in 1v1 battles for some sinister purpose, which would basically be one giant fucking tournament arc. I think it'd be neat.

Not with the shit performance they've had lately.

Hah

No

If your dream becomes reality I will find you and ERASE YOU

Madhouse is literally a fucking meme studio now, almost everything they've been putting out for the past few years has been complete garbage, and half of the exceptions to all of their shit anime were directed by an actual competent director, Shingo Natsume. They suck. I don't want them to fucking adapt any good manga, cause they'd ruin it.

Where would a tournament arc even fit in Jojo.

Part 3 could be reworked as one if you try hard enough

because it follows your typical monster of the week formula

they butchered hxh badly

There's a reason for that

stop it

Because a lot of the stands don't really lend themselves well to a typical tournament. Parts 1 to 3 are better suited for that.

Yeah because it went by quickly, had decent character development, and had a legitimate fucking conclusion as opposed to "UH OH GOTTA MOVE THE PLOT ALONG TOURNAMENT OVER BEFORE THE BIG BATTLES"

>Lit
I want the normalniggers to leave