Anyone still watching SKY SHOW?

Anyone still watching SKY SHOW?

Second episode of The Reflection is more sensible than the first, and actually manages to have some backstory, humor and ingenuity. Still a weird show, though.

And it feels like one big Stan Lee concepts crossover, with characters borrowing and combining a lot from their more famous counterparts.

brb watching it and coming back

Since the first half was about the start of the attack, I was pic related.

brb, checking it out

Cheap ass nigga.

I loved how I-Guy's SFX and music are actually in-universe, it was not just a stylistic gimmick, but there is actually a team of broadcasters responsible for it and his suit actually plays his goddamn theme song.

And it only makes sense given his one-hit wonder singer backstory.

Well, at least it cleared up what was actually happening.

Also interesting how Stan Lee is kind of an evil Professor X with a seemingly more important role than his usual random cameos.

>I-guy
>Ian-guy
My sides.

>he wanted to do the "evil villains winning" after all
I guess america wouldnt like that.

Not that his last notable anime appearance wasn't brilliant or anything

JOEY!
CAFWE!

Not gween tea?

Reminds me that I'm still at chapter ~10 in SRW UX which I really need to continue already. Heroman was one of the reasons I got it.

The first episode was really off putting to me because of the weird pacing and janky animation. Is the second episode more of the same?

The animation, naturally, stays the same, although I guess got used to it by now as it didn't bother me nearly as much as it did with the first episode. The pacing is definitely better as this is the episode that explains what the hell was actually happening in episode 1 and provides some backstory.

Somehow, he manages not to be Tony Stark despite having a powered suit, looking the same and being crazy rich.

>team of broadcasters responsible for it
Yeah, my complaint last time was about the screen changing, now that I've seen the stuff in the second episode about him being supported by a team and how it was about "entertainiment", it makes sense now. Still cheesy though.

>piano hand transition
That was great.Webm related.

>stan lee clasping his hand : the episode

This was a whole lot better than the first episode for sure

Not completely convinced of photographer-sans waifu potential though

The animation is still kind of jank just because that's the style, but the pacing and general episode structure are much, much better.

Nice episode, and the start had some nice looking minimalist background, as expected of the art style obviously but still worth mentioning. I wonder when will we get the japanese school girl doing their group mahou shoujo debut in this series.

Do we have the final version of Sky Show uploaded somewhere already? I can only find the demo version:

But then that choppy looping from :15-:20 looks really bad.

Even liking the first episode I can understand why so many people didn't like it, this second episode is much more straighfoward, I hope they can keep it up and deliver a good work, I don't want this to be another Kado.

Kado was a really good work for its first 2/3, but then suddenly magical anisotropic girls and superpowered JCs.

Too early for this to cement any theme, kado gone to shit because of the mahou shoujo reveal, I didnt mind if the MUH HUMANITY theme was defended and argued by an actual human.

That was pretty retarded for sure, cutting more corner for an already easy style and scene to follow? Sasuga DEEN.

I just hope that the action later on has some impact. I wanna see some cracked concrete, some destroyed buildings. Even though it's mostly been action as of now, the action is soft, and it feels more like I'm watching a choreographed theater play instead of supers duking it out. As of right now, I'm still interested in it, it has that feel of the motion graphic novels that were coming out years back.

I want the next episode already

It's pretty shit, but I will continue watching and I don't know why, there's something weird about it. And also SKYYYY SHOOOOW

SKY SHOW SKY SHOW SKY SHOW

It's great.

I love Sky Show as well but when is that wonderful ED coming out.
So about the OP, Wraith is the guy with purple and the japanese girls dont have a letter right? They wouldnt make them into the villain and their color isnt the correct one.

This ep was pretty good. I wonder why they made ep 1 so slow with the pacing though.

EXCELSIOR

The total lack of enthusiasm in Stan's voice when he says it at the end of the episode is kind of sad. He just sounds so... tired. It comes out more of a glum "eggzellsior" than a triumphant declaration.

he's dying. we need to give him our energy

So Sky High + Sylux = I-Guy?

>the action is soft
I agree with you here, but thats just how the thick line art and colour palette works with the fight scenes I guess, the buildings and shit could still look great when crashed into or explodes.

I cant understand the pacing complaints really. I mean, this seems like a simple no brainer mysterious/cryptic start to a new series with some hook to get the viewers interested in seeing the next episode.Are these complainers expecting reveals the second they are on the screen or they are watching this on the background?

Like the other guy said, the action looks soft. The punches felt like they weren't actually strong, almost like if it was acting (which I guess fits in with him trying to be an entertainer, but you still want to actually hurt these guys before they fuck you up). And in general the scenes looked way too slow. The scenes they showed this ep from the last one looked a lot better sped up. I'm gunna keep watching and ep 2 did a good job at explaining ep 1 but I understand if not everyone could stomach the slow pace of ep 1.

He just took the Linkin Park guy. How much energy does he need?

With these thick line art they gonna need screen full of speed lines to show impact and speed or go crazy with the punches or kicks ala hokuto no ken or jojo's fights.

I don't think it's the art. They just have to speed up the action. Someone made a webm of when I-Guy was flying with the batguy on his back and crashed into the building at 1.5 speed, and it looked a lot better than the same scene in ep 1. Also I think the sounds need to be louder, the first ep felt really muted in that regard.

I know what webm you're talking about. Speeding the action up only helps so much. It still doesn't solve the problem of attacks feeling "soft." There's no real visible or audible weight when punches and body slams connect. Everything feels very light and airy.

You're right, the punches still looked a bit soft, but at least the overall fight didn't feel like a slog. And I think if the sfx was louder/better, then at least the punches would be "good enough", if not good. But yea, the action needs a bit of work still

This is some art show anime or some shit isn't it?

Nope, just some western superhero inspired show.

I am sad IGuy removed his helm

Pow! Zaap!

It's fun

Stan Lee?

Guess I'll be sticking with this.

It's just the director is the pretentious hack behind Aku no Hana

Is x-on Deadpool?

I think it is just crap animation without weight to it rather than the art as such. You can have big blocks of colour and shading and still make action scenes with impact. Just look at things like Trava or Dead Leaves. Poor timing is what makes everything feel weightless.

no

Closer to Rogue actually. His power is to absorb other powers on touch.

I heard the second episode was a step up so I'll continue to give it a shot.

>i'm bored, let me check out this new york shit(pizza) fags won't shut up about
>HAHA OH WOW, fuck you guys, i'm going home
>THONK
>I LOVE LA

so far i'd say this is watchable but this is labeled with "wave one", so maybe there'll be another global disaster to setup later planned additional material
i'm not really keen into continuing past a cour to read/watch about more, so i guess it's bye

This made me realize how much better inferno cop is.

I-Guy is probably the strongest part of the show

This. I really wish the show focused on him and his support team entirely rather than on fairly boring teleporting photographer girl and Spider-Rogue.

bump

>Keanu
>ean
>Ian

>they had to shoehorn in idols
>in an already western-styled show

SKY SHOW SKY SHOW SKY SHOW

i dunno i think seeing japanese idols mixed in with traditional western superheroes might be an interesting dynamic

So, do we have any idea what Ian's power actually is? I thought it was the flying and lasers at first, but this episode seems to imply that it's all the suit, so now I got no clue.

Maybe he draws power from the crowd cheering or being entertained by him, hence the projections and the music. Might be that the suit is there for A/V tech, alongside defense, and his power is the energy blasts and thrusters.

>capeshit
bruh

Oh this was definitely more coherent and enjoyable the first episode

maybe it gave him super intelligence which allowed him to build the suit?

maybe he needs the suit to control his powers
or the suit only works because of his powers

Actually all good theories, although, thinking about it, I'd lean with the intelligence one, since the way the party goers talk about him in the flashback didn't show very high praise beyond " His song's still making money!"

*bump* I love LA!

I'd love it if the great power he got is blasting his theme song and that is all, it wasn't the suit playing it it was him.

I just thought that his super power was electronic hacking by thought, and all those screen effects and music were his childish dream/idea about super heroes.

Yes, of course it was a step up cause it couldn't get worse. Still not particularly sufferable to watch.

>action
The fuck you came from? Lurk more before posting retarded shit like this.

Boy, we're we're already in a thread for This shitty anime, settle down.

No need to further shit up the dead thread and Sup Forums itself with retarded crossboarder or off site cancer posting.

because he's a britbong

pretty interesting show so far, i like the clear intent to make it look like western comics

final battle will be I-Guy and the Mahou Shojos singing their songs to gather enough energy from earthlings to fight the BBEG aka Stan Lee