Why is there nothing else like this...

Why is there nothing else like this? Why is no one even trying to imitate what is generally regarded as one of the greatest accomplishments in the medium? You dont even need fancy animation or a high budget, proper writing is all thats required. Natsume is too light hearted and colorful, Mononoke follows a completely different direction in regards to both ambience and storytelling. Why the fuck is this the only one of its kind?

The Witcher 3

Kino is literally exactly like Mushishi though.

Directly copying something isn't interesting.

Watch more anime, fag.

was boring desu

I have. Most of them are shit.

Tasteless peasant.

>vlcsnap

Would like more sol that involves spirits, mystery etc.
Try Natsume

Why would there be? It was only a decent financial success, and critical acclaim very often doesn't inspire close imitations.

>proper writing is all thats required
Not really true, it was also very well directed.

>Try Natsume
Did you even read his post?

Kino no tabi

Haibane Renmei

Manga: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

It's a great accomplishment if you're looking to snooze for 24 episodes.

so basically you want the same exact anime so people can call it aushishi rip-off( even tho they're saying this about natsume all the time )

Isn't Mushishi basically a Kino rip-off if you think about it? Pacing, atmosphere, etc are all the same. That's how I think I felt when I got into Mushishi a decade or so ago.

>started earlier
>its a ripoff
Mhh

Grimgar and Kino have similar moods. Maybe Spice and Wolf as a stretch.

I think Mushishi is max comfy, but others called it creepy. Both Kino and Grimgar look pretty and are ambient and scenery-heavy, but have disturbing undertones. Wish I knew more similar to it. Non Non Biyori is also scenic but is too SOL and loli-d up, so it only half-matches.

I feel like there are similar manga but they slip my mind right now. Mushishi is such a masterpiece. Every moment of it is beautiful.

HR maybe, but I think YKK is completely different.

mom i posted it again

>Natsume is too light hearted
The first two seasons are full of tragedy though. Its actually more emotional than Mushishi.

>utena
>eva
>gunbuster
>haibane renmei
>texhnolyze
>bebop
>lain
>ping pong
>tatami galaxy
>ergo proxy
>golden boy
>rakugo shinjuu
Are all exponentially better.

>I have. Most of them are shit.
All 20 of them, right?

Mushishi is pretty cool, I hope they don't forget the characters next time.

Hyakki yakoushou is pretty good
No anime though

Casshern Sins.

Tex is 100% garbage. Waste of my time

reminder to not shitpost about haibane and tex
ignore weak shitposters

Is that exponent a floating point

Why every thread about these fucking pseudo intellectual anime is some newfag shitposter saying how it's the best thing ever and other shows are shit in comparison, then having his thread dying in less than 60 posts?
It's especially bad with Mushishi and Lain, I guess it must be because those are the most popular shows that fit this description.

That's what makes it special. Anyway, you get a 24-episode first season, a 20-episode second season with TWO cours and a shitton of specials and movies. Isn't that enough?

There's really nothing that special about Mushishi. It's nice, atmospheric and comfy, but that is. Even Kino, which I don't think deserves more than a 8/10, is better.

Sketchbook, Hidamari Sketch, and Aria are the height of comfy anime.