Just finished this and thought it was pretty great, Sup Forums's thoughts?

Just finished this and thought it was pretty great, Sup Forums's thoughts?

death note is fucking overrated
but when L dies this show is fucking shit
i rate 6/10

L was the best character.

quit watching after L died

First part is great. Second part is just questionable. The whole Misa getting helped by Rem feels like contradiction. The akward manner in which Light was forced to do out of character things just so that the fans would start hating him also really made the show worse than it was. Had great directing and budget though. Even liked the live-action spin-off they did where they used the same actor to play both Mello and Near

Best girl.

Sup Forums thinks that there'll be much more shows you'll regard as pretty great for some time, and many of Sup Forums would gladly switch places with you, who have yet much to enjoy, instead of dealing with mediocrity and indifference

But Death Note is possibly one of the few anime actually worth watching

this nigger jumping on the anime hype. i dropped him even more, dont want to watch any movies with him in it indefinitely

Afro Samurai wasn't enough of a vanity project for you to swear of his shitty movies already?

8/10 overall
Film ending with L surviving was pretty cool too surprisingly (not as an adaptation or anything but the story idea, I wish that's how it was written in the manga)

why the fuck can't normalfags stop comparing it with code geass ?

both are some of the few shows that are actually worth watching

How come he is the best character but his shota white haired clone is the worst?

I liked Near. But maybe just because he reminded me of a classmate I used to crush on

>Light was forced to do out of character things just so that the fans would start hating him
Like what? He has been calling himself god and killing innocents that get in his way from the start.

Christ if I remember the exact moment out of the blue. But it's quite clear if you read the interviews.

The only real out of character thing I can think of is when he got outsmarted by Mello and handed over one of the notebooks to him instead of coming up with a convoluted keikaku.

He has been a selfish conceited asshole since the beginning of the series. I still wanted him to win because I fucking hate the little L rip-off turd.

>He has been a selfish conceited asshole since the beginning of the series
Now I'm confident you actually either didn't read or didn't comprehend Death Note as a whole.

>kills the L stand-in and the FBI agents just for daring to defy him
>calls himself "the god of the new world" like a week after getting the death note

And how is that selfish at all?

code geass is shit

too complex?