Why does Dragon Ball Super have animation budget issues when Dragon Ball is such a successful franchise?

Why does Dragon Ball Super have animation budget issues when Dragon Ball is such a successful franchise?

Other urls found in this thread:

calicolabs.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

same reason why One Piece and Berserk has animation issues

the studio take the popularity for granted, they know nerds are going to flock to it anyway so why put in the effort?

If you knew your fans would eat up any shit regardless of quality, would you bother wasting money on polishing it?

Because production issues don't always revolve around money and they aren't all solved simply by throwing money at something. The world is a more complicated place than that.

I would absolutely make sure that I was producing a quality product. I would be embarrassed to draw a salary from a creative work and have it come out looking like a piece of shit.

>the world is more complicated that money

You can fix LITERALLY every problem with this shithole planet with enough currency, it was JUST scientifically proven that money indeed literally buys happiness

hiring a better studio and better quality animators would've made super look WAY better than it does now.

you're retarded if you don't think money can't solve every problem

>You can fix LITERALLY every problem with this shithole planet with enough currency
No, you can not.
>hiring a better studio and better quality animators would've made super look WAY better than it does now.
You think those studios and animators are just going to drop what they're doing and immediately work on whatever Toei wants them to? Don't be stupid.

Nips don't like drawing anymore

Thats why you here, poor as fuck and they can use money for toilet paper

>I would absolutely make sure that I was producing a quality product
That's why you'll never own a business

You are confusing the two separate roles of funding and animating, assuming they're both controlled by the same person.

The guy who thinks it'll make money whatever happens is the one deciding to provide a shoestring budget. He's only interested in a return on investment, and increasing the investment won't bring much back. HE doesn't actually give a shit about anime.

The guy that wants to make a quality animation receives that budget and doesn't what he can. Given a decent budget, Toei would probably rival most "good" studios.

>No, you can not.
No, you actually can.

Alright, list a problem you cannot solve with enough funds.

being a faggot

Toei are a notoriously cheap studio. They cut corners as much as possible.

That can be solved with electroshock therapy.

They're one of the few studios to actually pay their animators a salary.

Death

It's an embarrassment the way they are treating this franchise, the animation and story just stuck
Sure they are makin easy money now, but will people still care about DB in 10 or 15 years after this trainwreck. I bet they would if super was actually good

All the other posters are retarded listen to me. After the immense success of RoF and BoG Bandai Nanci were anxious to get a new TV series out to maintain merchandise sales. They forced Toei animation to rush it out with only 2 months of pre production(which is extremely bad when most average shows even get 6 months of pre production). Toei was forced to rush it out as a poor product. The character designer Tadayoshi Yammamuro also provided especially stiff designs unfriendly to animation. That and Toei manages multiple series at a time thus Super looks extremely inconsistent. Things improved decently when the schedule improved to a degree and the Dragon Ball room was made. However the previously mentioned problems still plague Super. They can't simply hire new animators because of the shortage of animators in the industry because of the poor working conditions and making Super a seasonal show would be met with heavy resistance by production committee and possible loss of staff.

Bandai Namco*

Dying.Lack of Time.Depression.

>"Making animation on computers is cheaper than hand drawn animation!"
>everything looks worse
>costs more

because its for children

and children dont care

Buy a gun and kill yourself. Suddenly you don't need to worry about any of those things since you're already dead. Problem solved.

That didn't fix the problem of death and lack of time. You just quickened it.

because Z had shueisha funding it and more producers as well, it was a big thing at that time

uh....sweetie??!

calicolabs.com/

Longer lifespan=\=not dying

Also don't fucking call me sweetie,you bitch. I've had bad experience with that word.

Usually I feel sorta bad for watching anime for free but with DBS I relish it

Fuck Toei they will never get my money

>tumblr gif
Fuck off, cancer.

Trying too hard, lurk for 2 years, etc

I can name an animation related problem you can't fix with enough funds. Scheduling and limited time.

Toei funnels all the money to PreCure

I think it's more of a deadline issue than a budget one. Dragon Ball Super drops one episode a week with no breaks.

Precure has a lower budget, just a better animation team who actually cares about what they're working on

Precure handles it fine, Kamen Rider handles it fine, One Piece not so fine but still better than how Super is handling it. It's a case of Toei thinking it was ok to hand production over to 500 monkeys as opposed to 100 people who knew what they were doing.