Have you ever laughed when watching an anime?

Have you ever laughed when watching an anime?
Like honestly, most of them doesn't even make me smile, it seems like the nips don't know how to make jokes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VglxorIGPH8&t=411s
youtube.com/watch?v=WKbALlgvUHs
youtu.be/777J5UO3cpY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I do it all the time.
You're just not watching the right things.

infrequently, usually at physical humor
i also don't watch many comedies

I don't really laugh either. Just grin some times, but not because of something actually funny happening. It's more stupid than funny.

Konosuba has made me laugh quite a bit especially the OVAs

You've clearly never watched nichibro

Yes. Worst girl deserved it.

anime comedies are meant to be watched with an audience, not by yourself, as most of the humor boils down to bullying in one way or another which is generally more comedically effective if you're not alone

There's a reason milquetoast not-quite-SoL comedies are so revered on Sup Forums- they have memetic value that functions on a better level than the actual jokes in the show do

It's hard to laugh at subs. Stop being an EOP and you'll see.

Very rarely, if ever. I tend to have an easier time laughing if I'm not by myself, but if I'm alone I pretty much don't laugh.

>Have you ever laughed when watching an anime?
A day ago when watching KonoSuba OVA. There's enough genuinely funny anime out there.

I only got a genuine laugh out of most of Seto no Hanayome and a few gags in One Piece, but the Japanese have this thing where someone always explains why something is funny instead of just letting the gag play out (One Piece does it almost all the time and it's irritating, ussually someone does something stupid/Nami points it). I don't know if it's because they're such big fans of Boke and Tsukkomi routines, but it ruins the jokes for me.

I also found Chrollo vs Hisoka extremely funny, admittedly got a laugh at Chrollo throwing puppets and taking cheap shots at Hisoka.

Sakamoto is probably the only anime comedy that made me actually laugh

I honestly prefer Japanese comedy over American """humor."""

Well maybe over whatever garbage humor they air on tv nowadays sure. Hell I havent watched TV in years outside of hockey games but even then streams still exist.

I laugh at pretty much every stupid shit.

Dunno. I'll take awkward Japanese jokes over sitcoms any day.

The anime character who made me laugh the most is a very serious individual.
youtube.com/watch?v=VglxorIGPH8&t=411s

Comedy shorts are some of my favorite things to watch, and if they're good they always get a laugh out of me.

School Rumble has never failed to make me laugh

I only watch anime alone.
I never laugh when I am alone watching something funny.

i laughed at Yuru Yuri slapstick quite a bit

Yuru Yuri made me laugh a lot.

I've laughed out loud to almost every anime I've ever watched

lots of times, some animes make me laught damn near constantly

TQ always gets laughs out of me.

I frequently break out in hysterical laughter if the jokes are really good or the characters to insanely absurd stuff.

Nozaki is an anime that made me laugh many times per episode

Nice recommendation thread OP

OP was by far the least funny.

This. The dog snatching her food wasn't funny the first time it happened and the fact that they kept using that lame joke was really annoying

I can never keep a straight face while watching SR. Every single episode has made me laugh and some have made me cry. But I always watched it piss drunk anyway so idk. Eri best girl

Konosuba made me chuckle a few times, and Nichibros also elicited a couple of chuckles. Usually I only laugh at unintended humor when a series is garbage or something really violent and unexpected happens. Nips are terrible at comedy.

That was the last show that made me laugh, and that was a year ago.

I laugh all the time at anime, especially the shitty animation and nonsensical plots.

Exactly, you and I found the same annoyances.

I remember laughing really hard couple of days ago, but i can't remember what was i watching.

Azazel-san

I laugh from time to time, but i don't really watch a lot of comedy anime. Pic related definitely had my sides in orbit though.

This is why I fucking hate anime comedies

They have to literally spell out the punchline or the sub-70 iq soulless gook otaku won't get joke

Sometimes. Konosuba got me quite a bit.

Got some laughs outta me too. Probably one of the funniest I've seen.

?

I can count it all on one hand

Milky Holmes, that paintball one, Azazel san, that mermaid one (the new one not the old), that Short Cuts manga...

I still don't get why that is a thing.

Jojo's Bizarre adventure is another one that makes me laugh at how stupid it is, with part 2 being the funniest for me.

Divine Gate had me on tears.
Season 2 fucking when?

I got a couple genuine laughs out of Punie-chan. Half dark & even slightly political satire of magical girl anime, half retarded slapstick.
Although even at the time I noticed it has a more "American" sense of humor than most anime comedies.

G no Reconguista and King Gainer got me to chuckle at a few moments.

sayonara zetsubou sensei

Gekkan shoujo nozaki kun got a few laughs out of me. So did some of Gintama since I wasn't expecting much (though most of its just cheesy)

What's up with Japanese humor?
youtube.com/watch?v=WKbALlgvUHs

This starts out funny. then they drag the punchline out way too long. Then we get a second, totally unfunny punchline ("a kitchen knife is flying!"). Is Japanese humor totally lost in translation?

>Eri
>Best
It has been a long time since I have seen this shit taste
Yakumo is best

>can't appreciate the art of a good boke/tsukkomi

Straight up philistine.

>Shows that made the genuinely laugh (intentional or unintentional)
Tanaka, nnbiyori, chuuni, hyouge mono, maison ikkoku, shimashita, kon, cromartie, drifters, konosuba, loveru darkness, another

eeehhhh???

Laughed at a lot of stuff with Nichibros and at some of the less randomy stuff of Nichijou

Not anymore. I can only feel emotion for the characters or laugh / be moved if I am heavily intoxicated by alcohol. Without it, which hasn't happened in 8 years, I just watch it blank faced.

usami-chan in gag manga biyori
the sovietunion map scene in cromartie
two third of detroit metal city
and the especially sick and dirty parts of mitsudomoe made me laugh so hard it almost killed me

Nah Japs can't really into humor.

Any potentially good jokes end up getting killed because they spell out the punchline, as others have pointed out. As a result, physical/visual gags tend to stand the best chance of being funny.

Sorry m8, I'm sure the japs think it's funny but having to narrate every single gag doesn't do anything for me.

I do get chuckles from some immature stuff, The last thing I seriously laughed at was a certain episode of Osomatsu.

Oh snap

yes, when it follows classical western type of humor that actually works, like that "setup -> subversion of payoff in an unexpected way" scheme
sadly there's not much anime that do it

Yes. You're just a depressed idiot.
Sagiri made me laugh quite a bit and Vatican Kiseki is making me laugh because of how absurd it is.

Anime is made with a jap audience in mind and so the humor isn't going to translate via subtitles. You have to do some cultural assimilation if you want to enjoy it in the way it was designed to be enjoyed.

Occasionally. Though I have also dropped series for having too much of the japanese blatantly obvious "LMAO SO RANDOM XD" kind of humour, drifters is an example of that kind of show. I just did not want to continue watching it after they had minute long segments of that kind of bullshit.

This specific scene made me pause because I laughed so hard and for so long that my ribs started to hurt. The hardest I've ever laughed at any show. The rest of the show was top tier as well. If you don't laugh at anything you watch maybe you just have a sense of humor that's hard to please.

Yui is a shit tsukkomi. Cute goody two-shoes girl who never does anything less than perfect, correcting everyone else around her. That shit is incredibly boring after the first five minutes, let alone three seasons.

You're just a bitter shut-in. Anime are pretty funny.

Yes, all the time, but I am pretty emotional overall. I also cry very easily.

pic related, I literally had to stop and go to the bathroom to clear the tears.

For me, facial expressions and comedic reactions are what usually get a laugh for me but it has to be done right. I've probably laughed the hardest when someone does something retarded/awkward/embarrassing and the response is a realistic reaction. OP's pic is actually a good example of this. Satania acts like a retarded anime character and then the punchline is she starts crying because the teacher told her to stand outside. Watamote especially was a pretty funny series for me for this very reason.

The stuff I can't stand is when something retarded happens and everyone reacts to it in the most over-the-top and obnoxious way. When the characters don't act somewhat human, it's not going to get a laugh from me. Sadly most comedy animes are like this, which is why I tend to avoid them

Genuinely feel pretty sorry that you actively watch hours of silly cartoons as a pastime and can't even muster a fucking smile

I am a simple man. Inferno Cop did it for me.

You're too broken user.

I laughed watching the new berserk

This is a robot board, none of us laugh. Get out normie.

Konosuba's recent ova got me a couple times. Namely the "OH MY GOD" moment.

Samurai flamenco made me laugh. I can't stand "funny" shows like gintama though.

>Laughing when watching anime
>watching anime in the first place
The only funny part about anime is coming to Sup Forums and laughing at all the anons here who are and will always be inferior to me

Yes I laughed at the last episode of Bahamut depicting Hitler playing with little jews.

Didn't you watch Seto no Hanayome?

Gintama made me crack the fuck up.

yes, I enjoy things

Aho Girl makes me smile, I never actually laugh though.

not just laughed
but fucking torn to death by laugher

Last anime I really lost it to was Keijo. There's something about inherently silly things being taken completely straight always gets a reaction from me, and Keijo just kept upping the ante each episode.

I really hate how shit my memory is because I remember watching SnH and liking it, but I couldn't tell you anything about it other than mermaids were involved and Masa-san jokes.

Nichijou was hit & miss for me but the whole camping curry scene made me lol pretty hard

Konosuba was the most recent one, especially the Aqua smirking at his dick scene

This, everytime im about to laugh, some side character explains exactly what happened and why it should be funny, this sucking all humor out of thte scene.

I laugh every time I read Grand Blue.

this butthurt face

I didn't find any of Nichijou remotely funny, I'm surprised to see so many people say Konosuba because it wasn't funny at all either.

Nope. But to be fair, I can't recall the last time I ever genuinely laughed at anything.

Like a retard. Constantly.

youtu.be/777J5UO3cpY

This tickled me. Also the bird language class, which I can't find a non-meme-video of.

konosuba and nichijou have made me laugh a lot

>Everyone who is late gets disqualified
>Mokuba make sure wheeler is late
Kaiba's bantz is off the charts.

You dont sound like a decent person t be with then.

Anyways, why they fuck do you watch comedy anime anyway if you dont find them funny? Thats like saying you dont like hiking all but you hike all the time or you eat sirloin steak continuously but you find beef disgusting.