Let's look at the common arguments for why we NEED guns

Let's look at the common arguments for why we NEED guns.

>home defense
The WEAKEST of all possible arguments. If your gun is properly secured (unloaded, locked in a safe, with trigger lock) then how exactly are you going to have time to get to your gun? Add in the panic that many people would be feeling, you're going to be bumbling around trying to unlock your gun and load the ammo, during which time you could have been calling 911. The only way in which a gun would be effective for home defense would be to keep it loaded, unlocked, and within easy reach - which would then make it easy for anyone else (including children) to access the gun.

>PROTECT ME FROM DA TYRANNICAL GOVMENT!
Laughable. So your handgun or rifle is going to be effective against a government armed with fully automatic weapons, tanks, helicopters, artillery, fighter jets, etc? Even if you're one of these heavily armed militia groups living on a remote compound, how long do you really think you could hold out against a government bent on subjugation?

>hunting
Humans managed to hunt just fine for thousands of years before the invention of firearms.

>protection
There are safer, non-lethal means of self-protection. Mace, pepper spray, stun guns, etc. By introducing a gun into the mix, you're escalating the situation into a lethal one. There's also a very good chance that your gun could be used against you. And if you're in an area there there might be dangerous wildlife, do you really think your handgun is going to be an effective form of protection against a charging mountain lion or grizzly bear?

>i-i-if everyone had guns then mass shootings would never happen!
Oh yeah, think about all those massacres that were stopped by brave gun toting citizens! Sandy Hook, Columbine, Virginia Tech, San Bernadino, Pulse, Vegas, the list goes on!

>because I CAN
Ah, the good old "ME" argument, and what it usually boils down to. You don't really NEED a gun, but you WANT a gun. At least be honest about it.

bait/10
not even mad

POL isnt gonna like this one

fpbp

USA: More guns than people, infringement on personal rights is minimal.
Europe: Very few guns, government controls everything, countries are flooded with violent immigrants with no ability of the people to resist.

kek! true!

Tyrants prevented: unlimited

I thought liberals were all about preventative care?

SHALL

BPFP
came to post this

Shill pretends to be three different people lol

Don't you think it would be better if the workers were armed comrade?

>So your handgun or rifle is going to be effective against a government armed with fully automatic weapons, tanks, helicopters, artillery, fighter jets,

What did he mean by handgun?

I'm willing to ban full auto if you're willing to ban niggers and spics

You have the ability to resist. By not allowing the violent immigrants get to the point of committing terror acts or crimes at all.

Sweden on the other hand embraces terror. Some 15 year old Lithuanian a couple of years ago was stabbed into the back by some sandroody-poo because he stopped him from sexually harassing girls at school.

He immediately got noticed about "upcoming revenge" but nobody did anything about it. And I didn't follow the story through the end, but I guess the monkey didn't even get punished properly for a murder.

Of course.

>The WEAKEST of all possible arguments. If your gun is properly secured (unloaded, locked in a safe, with trigger lock) then how exactly are you going to have time to get to your gun?

Shooting a criminal in the head is apparently slower than waiting 15 minutes for the cops to show up.

>Laughable. So your handgun or rifle is going to be effective against a government armed with fully automatic weapons, tanks, helicopters, artillery, fighter jets, etc? Even if you're one of these heavily armed militia groups living on a remote compound, how long do you really think you could hold out against a government bent on subjugation?

The same military that is pro-gun is going to take away my arms? Do you also realize how stupidly expensive this would be? A jet cant enter a house. A tank can't hangout on a street corner. A bomb can't only kill the rebels.Oh and the government will sure look like heroes bombing the shit out of citizens.

>Humans managed to hunt just fine for thousands of years before the invention of firearms.

This is an outright retarded argument.

>There are safer, non-lethal means of self-protection.

Then why does this not work in Europe? Why are there so many rapes?

>Oh yeah, think about all those massacres that were stopped by brave gun toting citizens! Sandy Hook, Columbine, Virginia Tech, San Bernadino, Pulse, Vegas, the list goes on!

Because people don't open carry arms all the time. Also Vegas would have happened either way because 7 of his guns were illegally obtained.

>Ah, the good old "ME" argument, and what it usually boils down to. You don't really NEED a gun, but you WANT a gun. At least be honest about it.

The USSR, the first thing it did was disarm the population. Look how the citizens were enslaved, their rights taken, and thousands sent to the gulag. Nobody could stop them. So no. I not only want the gun, I do need it.

shotgun, loaded
>next to bed
>don't need good aim

Sage and gay

Yes, you have the ability to resist, but guns make that a lot easier, don't they?

> lol commie flag

Read Marx.

The perpetrator is the first one to hit. If the best they can do is something non-lethal then it's not a problem. I'd rather know I'm going to be potentially beaten than potentially get shot by a lunatic.

I don't need an argument. If you want my guns you have to come and take them. That is your one and only option. What are you waiting for?

>Laughable. So your handgun or rifle is going to be effective against a government armed with fully automatic weapons, tanks, helicopters, artillery, fighter jets, etc? Even if you're one of these heavily armed militia groups living on a remote compound, how long do you really think you could hold out against a government bent on subjugation?

>all the newfags replying to obvious bait/shilling
Sup Forumss dead

We have a lot of nogs and spics in the US. I have no doubt there'd be a lot more break-ins if they knew that the white populace was no longer armed. Btw, idk what the immigration situation is like out in Lithuania, but stay safe out there.

Alot of these gun control threads are showing up.

Don't worry, I made one myself for the pleasure of trolling, even though I'm a gun owner myself. lel

let's ban drugs and alcohol too

>home defense
I've defended my home with a gun before. It worked really good thanks. I'd be dead if I had no had it. I was 12. And no we don't keep them with trigger guards in a safe unloaded. I keep it loaded and ready to go right beside the bed, but I lock my bedroom door always because I have kids. Key stays in my pocket.
>PROTECT ME FROM DA TYRANNICAL GOVMENT!
See pic related.
> Hunting
We use them in hunting. We'll continue to use them in hunting. It brings down animals best.
>protection
Criminals have guns and are not going to turn them in. Good people need theirs to defend themselves. Ju Jitsu isn't going to work.
>i-i-if everyone had guns then mass shootings would never happen!
That's actually true. If everyone had a gun on their hip most mass shootings would not happen. The mass shooter would be gunned down after only a shot or two.
>because I CAN
Yes it's my right as an American citizen. Don't like? Move to Europe.

Best argument against that (tank, jets, and other government advantage) argument.