You know what modern anime is missing? Lots of little lines drawn on the characters' faces all the time

You know what modern anime is missing? Lots of little lines drawn on the characters' faces all the time.

And noses.

You know what modern anime is missing? Simple but memorable animator friendly character designs.

modern anime is missing quality animation

nowadays we only get cheap shit. the market has shifted to making advertisements for LNs or Manga. Nobody actually buys the BDs because they are a quality product anymore. They only want the tickets or codes that come with them.

Actually user its the quality of the stories that is the issue not the quality of the animation. Look at Kemono Friends, it sold like hotcakes despite looking like garbage because it had an engaging, affecting, genuine and sincere story and characters people loved.

If anything the problem with modern anime is it focuses too much on animation quality and not enough on captivating stories. Most people don't really care much about animation as long as the drawings aren't noticeably bad.

Really now? Anime as a whole looks better than in the 2000s.

Actually the average quality of writing has improved over the past 40 years.

They're missing Satoshi Kon.

>because it had an engaging, affecting, genuine and sincere story and characters people loved.
I watched it but you sound like a brony faggot.
It was nice but nowhere near as good as fans make it out to be

I liked KemoFure because of the animation, though.

maybe, just maybe if you would watch something other than the generic cute girls doing cute stuff etc shit, you would find animes with good story n shit.

You sound like a mental midget.

>animes
I never said they didn't exist.

>animes

Goddammit, why are furry faggots so deluded?

You know, that's just Mikimoto's artstyle.

I unironically believe this

But if it had good animation..
Oh what could have been.

I liss shading and detail. Why is modern anime allergic to those two things? It's all sanitized to the maximum.

Wait why do you think it sold well? What do you think people saw in it that they liked? A story and characters they loved? People certainly weren't there for the animation or the fanservice because those were both very poor offerings.

I mean it wasn't just a little popular it literally dwarfed the biggest box office hit of the year in Japan in popularity online.

Those lines are just indicating blush/flush.

>sales ≠ good
Kemono is trash.

Kemono Friends fans completely overblow the quality of the show.

Is this the famed 'serval dance'?

Speaking of overrated

I never said anything about sales and quality. I was asking what you think people saw in it. Why do you think people liked it. It isn't an objective question. It is putting yourself in someone elses shoes and imagining what made them thinking it was a good idea to spend their time and money on something. When you do that you can only be left with a couple of sane choices, the story and the characters.

>muh sales
This is all your argument amounts too. Might as well argue the Big Three shounen being the best manga of recent decades.

Ping Pong is legitimately a great series though.

^:)

You are entirely missing the point with your simplistic thinking. People generally don't fall in love with something and spend their money on it because they think its garbage.

It is though, I'm not wrong.

Coincidence that it's both Mikimoto ? I think not. OP is just retarded.

So stoked for season 2. Hopefully she gets lots of rice in her belly.

as times progresses japan is losing touch of its great perception of subtle audio and graphical detail

I HATE PEOPLE THAT PUT SPACES BEFORE THEIR ?s SO MUCH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Dragon dentist had that

What did he mean by this ?

That's a lewd Serval
It was another experience watching it ongoing, because no one expected anything from KF, but it turned out unusual and way better than the visuals could have suggested. Hence the love. Of course, while it's very well made, its quality is nowhere proportional to the fandom size. But any fandom is retarded, so there's that. At least KF doujins will be better than boatsluts doujins.

This user speaks the truth

Why'd you do that, now it looks like I'm samefagging.

Is he ok?

>But if it had good animation..
I wouldn't have watched it.

I'm not though

I honestly loved the animation in Tesagure

Stop

No you

s2 never ;_;

>Of course, while it's very well made, its quality is nowhere proportional to the fandom size.
When has it ever been the case? Kemono Friends is far too small in size for its quality.

>mmd has better animationn than the original show
fuckin kek

>Comparing an OVA to a TV Series

>'muh kewl non-sensical shot perspective and action' webgen shit
If you think that looks amazing then you really need to get your eyes checked up, buddy.

Post the damn video

>how to get replies

MMD is also clearly too limiting as a program otherwise I doubt they would have switched to Cinema4D instead when the usually do animate their TV series in MMD.

>It was another experience watching it ongoing
I did watch it ongoing but dropped it on episode 7. Then watched everything in one go before being spoiled

Ok let's stop with this bullshit.
Kemono friends isn't fucking good. It will never be considered as such, and if you liken the show to any degree of prestige, you are publicly admitting to having the worst shit taste brought on by cgi cancer in years.

Nip fandom, I mean. For all the vicious comparisons with bronies, KF threads on Sup Forums are rather modest, and western fans are almost nonexistent outside of Sup Forums. Which is truly a blessing, just look at the Made in Abyss' fate to see what was avoided.

this is not good animation

It was a genuinely good show after episode 3.

>"A-am I fitting in?"
Counterculture was a mistake

Yeah its too small in Japan too.

That is pretty much how horse was on Sup Forums until the Sup Forums faggots fucked it up

The only people that make comments like this are people that never actually watched the show.

It is, really, good. It has good characters, good designs, good writing and good direction. I can understand that you're so triggered by CGI that you don't want to see any of what I listed. But you should at least understand that your hate is not based on its objective merits.

>good characters
yeah, archetypes are really good

> good designs
it's just girls with clothes and animal ears.

>good writing
Yeah right

>good direction
the pacing really did go in a direction, in a snail tempo that is.

>all these people shitting on Kemono Friends
Admit it, Sup Forums. You should have at least saved some pictures of dem Friends because you found them cute or something, even if some of you haven't watched the show itself nor plan to.

you are on the same level as ponyfaggots

Epic burns friend. Kemono Friends can never recover.

The funny thing is people are only triggered by the CG because it is popular. Not one of them would even know or care about gdgd Fairies or Tesabu.

gdgd is actually funny, tesabu is shit though.

Honestly one of the reason why I was hyped for this show, It looks gorgeous but turns out horrendously.

Only good for like, what, 2 episodes or something before it got boring.

Kemono Friends objectively looks like something your friend made in rendering a program as a joke

in a visual medium, that matters. the characters' faces are completely static, almost never changing expression other than their eyebrows, meaning no emotional moment lands, no joke lands

it's like pretending if your favorite song was turned into a midi with tuned fart noises, "it's just aesthetics, it's still a good song"

I assume you aren't a fan of humour that pokes fun at its own medium or you just preferred the more surreal approach of gdgd?

God damn right I have saved pictures of Friends.

>the characters' faces are completely static
Someone never watched the show.

Good thing Sup Forums isn't into MLP then.

He probably meant that it doesn't have exaggerated cartoon faces as in traditional animation.

Only people with garbage taste spout shit like this.

You could see it like that. I think fans of the show see it more like preferring something like punk or lo-fi indie music to a full orchestral rendition of a complex symphony.

One is obviously from a technical perspective superior to the other but that doesn't mean you are necessarily going to connect with it anymore or find it more enjoyable.

Far bigger than anything come last two three years so nope.

So is KF.

That's largely because the 2000s were a transitional period where animators were still trying to get used to using digital tools.

I fapped to some pictures but never saved any of them

How is KF is same level of pony huh? KF threads have way less lewd fanarts than average Sup Forums threads. Show facts or fuck off.

>didn't watch Kememe-O Friends, Gabriel Droppedshow, or Dragon Meme because not a normalfag
Feels pretty good.

What a shit reply

KF isn't normalfag. I feel bad, I did watch dragon meme a two weeks ago because I was bored. I could have been above it

But KF is normalfag filter.

Kemono Friends is just about the least western normalfag friendly show to become popular in Japan in many many years.

Normalfag reaction to Kemono Friends in the west is exactly like what you see from the majority of people that hate the show on Sup Forums. Hating 3D, thinking its a kids show, thinking its a furry show, comparing it to MLP.

>KF isn't normalfag

maybe you should lurk more

Ah yes, of course, most normalfags are astute sakugafags and prefer hand-drawn cels to 3D, sure.

See
KF requires some serious autism to even try. It's very stigmatised.

That's a good joke. You just want to plug your ears and pretend your aots isn't liked by normalfags because it'd make you look less cool in the eyes of other anons.

The default western position is to hate 3D in all forms in anime regardless of appreciating 2D animation with any amount of fervour.

>implying not
A normalfag once justified watching SnK to me because it had 'good animation'

Indeed, it is often I hear normalfags gushing about Itano Circus and lauding the hands of old, venerable animators. Often I will hear them cite Anno's early contributions to DYRL by these normalfags who are obviously very involved in their consumption of media as all normalfags are, of course.