We really need to outlaw guns

We really need to outlaw guns

>we

I know this post is a meme, but it just gets me that every time there's a shooting, these neoliberal merchant fucks come crawling out of the cracks to peddle their gun control fag shit

how would you fix it?

you a Canadian?

I'm fine with background checks and keeping guns away from the mentally ill, but if you want to remove a constitutional amendment then you need to take that shit to Congress, where it belongs.

I"m fine with it too but its not working....

why, though?

they don't enforce the current laws. the Vegas shooter bought far more guns in 1 year after owning only a small number beforehand, something that is SUPPOSED to be flagged in the national background checks.

Why not just scanners at school entrance a large electric fence and no metal allowed in schools , any metal detection results in total shutdown of school and police called

There is no limit here in PA for how many guns you can buy in a year, or how much ammo you can buy. Hell I've gone in and bought pistol/long gun and ammo and walked out.

I like that idea

There is zero need for metal of any type to be brought into a school ,

pens, pencils, binders, backpacks... There are plenty of things including calculators, keys, watches....

Those things can be left at the school , one going though a customs styles check

>Be American
>Get shot

Basically apply the same security and checks required to get on a plane

port arthur _____ ________

Naa, we should give guns to every one and let survival of the fittest take over.

How much do those machines cost. I'd pay another 10 bucks a year in taxes. About 80,000 people in my town x 10 is 800,000 per year for school tsa

question does not apply to people under 20

Gee I dunno figure out why people do these things and address the root cause not the means by which it was carried out? Humans are naturally violent but if you let them express it in a healthy way and/or help those who find themselves in the bottom of the dominance ladder then we don't get this sort of thing happening all the time.

especially the deadly ms-13 automatic rifle

That won't work, not like anyone is going to stab and kill 17 people with a knife.

you do know what ms-13 is right?

yes, but does Steven king?

sorry anons watching hockey, cant keep up. I stand strong on my claim to get rid of guns

>SHOOTER CONFIRMED AS MEMBER OF MS-13

Based Stephen King, truly one of the greatest minds out there.

No but they can mow them down with a box truck or fill a pressure cooker full of nails etc etc. But yeah you are right let's not try to solve any mental health issues more government control is much better....

even better, he thinks the MS-13 is a gun

no

first quarter so I can reply.
I take meds for bi polar, sure I get angry with people from time to time. Am I gonna go on a shooting spree, no.

good answer, you must be a non voter.

Yeah you also sought medical help for your issues doesn't sound like this guy did is my point.

that is a good point user. But who knows yet, though I'm sure things will take a while to come out. Look at vegas? Now hes a pedo...

sounds expensive af

Even if you think a blanket "gun ban" is feasible, which would be political suicide for many to suggest it, you need to have some astounding ways to sure up the police force and public safety.

Firearms provide a reasonably effective means for self-defense in the vast majority of cases.

You see these? You know what these are? They're freedom. They're safety. I'll tell you this, because your parents didn't tell you about the real world.

There are people in this world that are sick, either mentally or if you believe spiritually. They have no other goal than to inflict as much suffering as possible. Inanimate objects DON'T kill people, a human being did this. Human beings, not guns kill people, humans, not pesticide killed people. You say that without guns those people wouldn't have died, but they DIDN'T HAVE ANY GUNS.

Just like in Russia, where Ukrainians were stripped of guns, and starved to death.
Just like in Germany, where who practiced a faith were stripped of guns, even those who fought for Germany, were worked, shot, starved, gassed, or left to die.

Now in comparison to the MILLIONS of people who died helpless, like those people did in that school, waiting for SOMEONE with a GUN to save them.

This is the world we live in. I'll take 17, mourn their lives and try tell the idiots in charge that a GUN would have saved them. But you, would have people with GUNS take our GUNS, and then what?

Do you think that someone, won't just do what that kid did, just on a massive scale?

Kid, grow the fuck up.

That's also still not addressing the problem just a political power grab. Nietzsche predicted this back in the 19th century and we still don't really understand how to deal with this new godless reality. People need to fill that void with something or else they become nihilistic.

Nope.
Its a behavioral problem.
After guns, then games.
After games, then steak knives.
After steak knives, then hate speech.
After hate speech, any speech.
Then you'll be safe.
Not exhaustive, but you get the idea.

This has nothing to do with any potential insurrection against the government. There are just a handful of maniacs hiding behind an ever-increasing number of violent acts as a way to disarm the very people the want to torment. They really do get a rise out of making other people suffer. Suffering of the defenseless is particularly entertaining for them. Hence, they have no trouble pushing already unstable people into action with mere ideas. Cunning, but wasteful.

How do I stand qualified to say this? I am such a person. I've caused people to commit suicide with mere conversation. All it takes is finding a soft spot. Inciting an existential crisis is the easiest thing to do with most people. I've found this behavior to be unproductive, and I've since lost interest.