I went to Nishinomiya

I went to Nishinomiya.

but did you go to the school and walk up the hill?

Yes, and it was one hell of a walk. You don't know half of what those students go through each day.

Nagato's apartment.

Did you have fun in Japan?

The bench is all wrong.
Yes.

In fact, it was much like Sisyphus forced to eternally roll a boulder uphill.

Asked any less normal looking locals if they know/care about the role their place played in Haruhi or was it done with power-level tucked away?

user and his adventures.
How cute.

Hey buddy, you got your /jp/ in my Sup Forums.

I didn't dare to ask anyone. There was hardly anyone on the streets anyway, maybe because it was a Saturday. But I think the few students I saw knew what a baka gaijin like me was doing there. I read the school had to put up banners asking people to please not trespass back when Haruhi was more popular.
But... if Haruhi isn't Sup Forums then what is?

Nah, man.
/jp/ would like, go to these places specifically to prey on people who come there because of Haruhi and then make fun of them for being silly baka gaijins.

That's what /jp/ would do.

They're like weaponized Sup Forums, the bullies.

Picture of me on my adventure.

Maybe it was replaced (the bench) or would have not looked good in the animated frame. Thanks for sharing these pics.

That could be it. I'm glad you liked them. (sage)

Shit's way narrower in reality.

b-but user thats haruhi...

Good shit OP. very enjoyable.

arigato!

THey literally traced it
Fucking hacks

how in the blue earth were you able to track all this location op.?

I think to some extend, it seems this way because you automatically assume western heights for the cast. E.g. in
if you remove canonically dwarf-sized Nagato, it wouldn't seem so odd.

Nah, you can still compare using the sidewalks as reference.

Man real life sucks ass.

Maybe some faggot stole the bench.

I'd kill to go into the high school and see the club room, if it actually exists.

Now I want to go to Japan again. Damn you OP

How deep does that hole go? Somebody could fall in.

The clubroom with the computer is the holy grail of areas, to be a student in the school while Haruhi was airing is something I'd give years for

These anime pilgrimages are a fairly well documented phenomenon. I'm not OP but I managed to find and go to the settings of K-on, Hyouka, Hibike, Uchouten Kazoku, Tamako Market among others after googling just a little bit.

Kyoani does this with tons of their backgrounds.
If they mention a location in a show then they went to the location, took a shitload of pictures then basically traced it in the studio.

you just fueled my passion again to go to the tokyo tower.
bless you user.

Most likely just drops 1 foot below the road so the stream can flow unimpeded.
Japanese folks love them some subterranean streams.

Angel shot?

Well done OP. I looked at every picture.

Now do one for Koe no Katachi.