Apparently some chick just lost her job at the NYT for being friends with Weev

Apparently some chick just lost her job at the NYT for being friends with Weev.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BsTGQbhuL0E&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=G83M3NKo4mI&bpctr=1518671092
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/gv5ykw/hacker-weev-made-thousands-of-internet-connected-printers-spit-out-racist-flyers
siliconangle.com/blog/2013/03/19/weev-sentenced-to-41-month-in-prison-and-3-years-supervised-release/
medium.com/message/how-white-people-got-made-6eeb076ade42
youtube.com/watch?v=nbT_5O-p104
youtube.com/watch?v=dxSGPyS_Un8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

who?

weev is the web admin of the daily stormer

>In a 2014 essay, Norton said she was friends with Auernheimer, weeks before a hacking conviction was quashed and he was released from prison.

>Auernheimer went on to help run notorious neo-Nazi website The Daily Stormer, orchestrating trolling attacks on Jewish public figures and inciting racist violence.

>After the Times announced Norton would be joining their editorial board, critics pointed to tweets in which she continued to express her friendship with Auernheimer: “weev is a terrible person, & an old friend of mine,” she wrote last October.

>In other tweets she used homophobic and racist slurs.

>The Times announced that Norton would no longer be joining their team Tuesday night.

>“Despite our review of Quinn Norton’s work and our conversations with her previous employers, this was new information to us. Based on it, we’ve decided to go our separate ways,” said James Bennet, the editorial page editor of the Times.

>Norton confirmed in a tweet that she would not be joining the publication.

>“I'm sorry I can't do the work I wanted to do with them. I wish there had been a way, but ultimately, they need to feel safe with how the net will react to their opinion writers,” she posted as part of a chain of messages, one of which asserted that she believes that “all people are redeemable.”

>In follow-up tweets, she denied supporting Auernheimer and defended her use of slurs.

>"For those of you honestly concerned. I don't support weev, that's not given in how I define friendship. I believe white folks should engage with the racists in their life… and I believe all people are redeemable, and 'all people' is all people," she wrote.

weev's a troll who's been around since forever. he was the president of the GNAA

>weev
is this weev?
this shit is legend
youtube.com/watch?v=BsTGQbhuL0E&feature=youtu.be

yup, that's him. this chick got fired from the NYT n valentine's day for saying she was friends with him 4 years ago in a blog post, since now he's got a big swastika tattoo

weev is an oldguard of the net

When did he "incite racial violence"?

he named the jew

Oh no

youtube.com/watch?v=G83M3NKo4mI&bpctr=1518671092

I wonder if anyone's lost their job over being friends with Sam Hyde. Also, weev's a manlet

I mean Sup Forums lexicon usage also had something to do with it.

White women are next in the attack queue. Then we win. Attacking women will make soyboys and beta orbiters angry, thereby uniting whites.

Why was NYT going to hire her in the first place? They heard "female tech writer" and saw her haircut and hired her based on that?

Wait did the NYT actually fire a lead opinion writer for having an opinion?

Bitches love bad boys and there ain't nothin better than a neo nazi hacker from the Ozarks.

am i supposed to care?

Is he a script kiddie or does he make his own scripts?

They have been loading their tech writing recently to strike as many cuts on FB and Twitter as possible. Tech is about to explode with VR, and the marketing and "like" functions of various platforms have been exposed for the huge vulnerabilities they are. She has a record at other tech pubs, and prob drinks with other NYT writers at the Pencil Factory. This is going to happen to a lot of tech journalists and scholars in the next 8 years. Edgy twenty-somethings aren't the best at thinking about the future.

We're that jaded about censorship now? (((They)))'re not even trying to hide it anymore. You can get fired just for knowing someone who named the jew.

Nvm, hes a fully fledged Sheldon Cooper autismus maximum coder. Got to university at age 14 lol.

It's unfortunately to be expected at this point. I'm hardly surprised by this

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/gv5ykw/hacker-weev-made-thousands-of-internet-connected-printers-spit-out-racist-flyers

siliconangle.com/blog/2013/03/19/weev-sentenced-to-41-month-in-prison-and-3-years-supervised-release/

he's not a script kiddie.

You are not surprised that a journalist had tweets uncovered calling others faggots and got canned? Me either.

What's wrong with calling people faggots?

she wasn't ever an edgy person though, she literally wrote multiple anti-racist essays, one where she claims that we'd have flying cars if we weren't so racist

>We’ve spent the last few hundred years throwing out every Isaac Newton or Albert Einstein or Jonas Salk or Tim Berners-Lee who didn’t happen to be white, and didn’t happen to be a man. That’s a terrible thing to have done to those brilliant and now lost people. It’s a much worse thing to have done to the rest of humanity, including our white selves. When I think, “why don’t I have a jet car and live in Alpha Centuri by now?” I think this is because the people that would have invented sky cars and interstellar travel were born black in FatherUnknown's Battlegrounds, or in rural India or in the medina in Algiers in the 1950s, and spent too much time figuring out how to eat and not get killed to invent my damned skycar.

medium.com/message/how-white-people-got-made-6eeb076ade42

this is what counts as a nazi sympathizer now.

Don't ask me, ask NYT HR.

Yeah, I think it was more the "faggot"s than the weev.

Well maybe those people shouldn't have been such faggots, then she wouldn't have had to say anything

nah, it was 100% the weev stuff, that's why they came after her.

they're sending a message that if you help nazis or know nazis in any way, you'll be purged

I suppose we could argue. But yeah, it was the "faggot"s that did her in.

>"lead opinion writer on power, culture and consequences of technology"
not with a title like that

Kinda weird that Newsweek would focus on the weev thing. The article's titled "'NEW YORK TIMES' PARTS WAYS WITH COLUMNIST WHO DESCRIBED NEO-NAZI AS 'FRIEND'"

The should have called it "'NEW YORK TIMES' PARTS WAYS WITH COLUMNIST WHO DESCRIBED FAGGOTS AS 'FAGGOTS'"

Why the quotation marks? Those faggots definitely fired her for a dumb reason.

The thing is I think she is queer. Though I could be wrong.

To indicate she wrote the word "faggot" multiple times.

He's an absolute madman. I thought I was pretty racist until I listened to his podcast, holy shit. One day I was listening while I was eating lunch and I hat to turn it off because I began to feel sick.

>she is queer
It's a fucking plague. They are taking over the media.

If she's queer, then why do they care if she calls anyone a faggot? That's like getting mad at a black person for tweeting the word nigger

Yeah, that would get a black writer at NYT fired.

If written in a tweet in a terse way after an argument.

What do you expect? He was the president of the Gay Nigger Association of America like a decade ago, and he's only gotten more and more racist and autistic since then. Plus, he was in prison.

Constantly. Listen to his podcast. He goes on an impassioned genocidal rant most episodes. Once he said that his vision for the future is AI drones roaming the skies killing every non-white person, maintained and programmed by a white elite. Or something like that.

Wat podcast?

What does he say?

what about all these people
let's get them all
youtube.com/watch?v=nbT_5O-p104

Race Ghost Roast to Roast. It's fucking great

youtube.com/watch?v=dxSGPyS_Un8

Women just can resist the BIG MANLET COCK

kek

>just can resist

weev is legitimately mentally ill. I actually knew him personally. What little brain he had was fried from drugs and he basically spends his time fucking around in europe bc hes paranoid about getting arrested again

>they're sending a message that if you help nazis or know nazis in any way, you'll be purged

no shit: nazis can fuck off and die lol

Thanks for the status update, jew boy.

Does the phrase "nigger killing AI" mean anything to you?

Who is jew boy?

09:50 i gotta get some money
09:50 my cashflow sucks
09:51 whores
09:51 lavish cars
09:51 gigantic places to live
15:05 does anybody know these russians
15:06 that they are buying up hacked macs for 43 cents an install
15:26 i have access to like
15:26 8k rooted macs
15:26 right now
15:26 and i would like to make a quick $3500
22:02 im all for white people cleaning up the nigger problem
22:03 i hate niggers
22:03 i hate niggers.
(Note: Chelsea and Anthony Auernheimer, his siblings, are African-American)
02:23 i read what the kikes did to you
02:23 i raged :(
02:24 lol
02:24 i dont mind
02:24 theyre doin me a favor

I don't believe nytimes didn't check her background. They thought she was fine but then became the social media outrage mob which forced their hand.

He doesn't sound mentally ill to me.

She's sounds like an irredeemable racist

(((weev))) the gay nigger poser