Why are people against banning assault weapons like the AR-15?

Why are people against banning assault weapons like the AR-15?

To be perfectly fair, there is no reason why civilians should be allowed to own assault weapons.

Is there any logical reason why ownership of assault weapons is protected by law in the US? Is there a reduced quality of life to not be allowed by law to own such weapons?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/XChCw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>1 millions guns
>The US has hundreds of millions
>Laws which protect their ownership

I dont know faggot, why havnt they been confiscated?

Australia is a fucking island, dipshit. If the US banned guns tomorrow, barely anything would happen. Criminals would still be smuggling the damn things and people could buy them on the darknet.

Also, Texas alone has a larger population than all of australia.

What makes it an assault weapon? It's color? The accessories? Pistol grip? The stock?
Does a shitty 22 from WalMart not also fire bullets? You know you can get an AR scary looking black gun that shoots 22, right?

Niggers and wetbacks.

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
>Folding or telescoping stock
>Pistol grip
>Bayonet mount
>Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
>Grenade launcher mount

Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
>Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
>Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor
>Barrel shroud safety feature that prevents burns to the operator
>Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more
>A semi-automatic version of a fully automatic firearm.

Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:
>Folding or telescoping stock
>Pistol grip
>Detachable magazine

>What makes it an assault weapon?
The name, of course.

Why would I want to ban any of that?

Australia has a Somali problem. Without guns, the Somalis have been rampaging across the beautiful cities and beaches.

Common sense and basic sanity. Those features help kill people and are useless for hunting/target shooting.

So basically an old flintlock or single action is the only thing not too scary?
And the scary black color
>the only time liberals don't like black

Which features?

>bayonet mount
oh shit I forgot about those drive-by bayonettings

A pistol grip on a rifle greatly improves accuracy in my experience. How is that useless for hunting and target shooting?

But that's wrong op, they had a mass shooting a couple years back

The 2nd amendment is specifically defending the right of people to have military grade weapons so they can form a militia AKA a military force comprised of ordinary citizens.

How the fuck are you going to have a military force without military grade weaponry? It is literally in our constitution that we have the right to military grade weapons. Period.

Now fuck off leaf

SAGE

If you need a pistol grip to be accurate, then you're a shitty shot.

And they lost to a bunch of emus whats your point shill/slider?

That must be why most precision rifles don't have pistol grips...

This.
And this.
Using Australia as an anology is a bad example and a little rude, quite frankly.

STFU LEAF U DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOOT LIBERTY

Australia's gun crime was already on a stead decline and banning guns saw no change in the fucking progress

It's helpful, I'm not some /k/omando, makes a nice crutch for those of us who aren't insane about guns.

IIRC crime went up in Australia after that.

>foreign faggot thinking he gets an opinion
erry time

Assault rifle? Let me guess u think that's what the ar stands for?

Fuck Australia and fuck you too Maple Nigger.

The assault weapons ban in the USA from about 1996 to 2005 also did not accelerate the decline in gun deaths. It was dropping before the ban, and continued to drop after the ban expired. It did nothing but annoy gun collectors for 10 years.

>grenade launcher mount
so just any picatinny rail?

DAY OF THE RAKE IS COMING, LEAF

>tyrese, give these niggas a volley

Sage for the Valentineless Shareble. Now, little infant, we know what it is you're really wanting to strip away from people. So transparent ye who no one wants on this lovely Valentines day.

Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun - Mao Zedong

I think New Zealand has better gun laws then us, good middle ground.

"Bought back"

Implying the guns were the government's to buy back in the first place. Being this retarded.

>an m1 garand has none of those features and never killed anybody

And what % of new zealand is black?

huh

>assault weapons

>Why are people against banning assault weapons like the AR-15?

Because first "gun control" isn't about taking guns away, then people like you speak up and remind us all that it is.

Buy backs are actually great. I've heard many stories about people who guy dozens of shitty hi-point guns, the shittiest brand ever, for like $150 and sell them back to the government for $500 a pop. It's great. You can make thousands of $ in profit and then go buy a really nice gun.

My fists are "assault weapons"

You gonna cut off my hands?

M1 Garand
No bayonet mount
Fucking retard.

A fucking leaf trying to cuck another country

>1 million guns

We're going to invade Canada, execute all the the shitskins and make all your women our concubines and there's nothing you can do to stop it. All your maple syrup is belong to us!

>no mass shootings

even if that was true there's still meth problems in your country and it's ran by triads and "bikies" (the fuck kind of retarded name for a biker is that you upside down fucks)

you guys are no better than us. the only difference is when a biker who got his gun illegally through china gets in your face you have to go "oi m8 no need ta jump outcha bloomahs. heyah have me money. oh? ya gonna take my ID so you can find me bungalo and go theya and shoot me in tha fayce if i tell tha police? well alroight then, have a noice day sir"

Are you referring to the Lindt cafe incident? Because that was a religion of peace thing. It pains me to admit it but if Australia at the level the US did, there would be a mass shooting here every week. The convict meme is true for a certain level of society. I don't think I'd be safely able to walk down the street if we had conceal and carry laws.

sheeit I have a tanker without the mount. forgot the full size have the lug

some people got money by carving stocks out of wood and making a crude firing mechanism attached to a tube sized for 12 Ga. about 15 bucks to make at home depot

An armed society is a polite society. If you had guns you'd become civilized men, as it is you're subjects, not citizens.

>Why are people against banning assault weapons like the AR-15?
Because they aren't a threat to public safety.
>but muh mass shwootings
Yeah, do the math, well less than 1% of murders are committed with an AR15.
>buh buh buh ban it anyway
K, what about this gun? It isn't an AR15 in any way.
But it shoots as fast, with the same bullet.

>>Grenade launcher mount

2/10 bait

Unless they amend the constitution to remove the right of people to keep and bear arms gun control legislation should be considered invalid
Any gun legislation is directly at odds with your natural right to defend yourself from domestic threats whether it's a tyrannical government or criminal

Oh, perfect, then this isn't banned, but shoots the same fucking bullet, in semi-auto, from detachable magazines.
What's it like being a retarded faggot?

This is Australia
Stage large scale false flag and put the blame on a retarded kid
The Australian population questions nothing, hand over their guns
Objectives achieved, no need for further false flags.
Don't be Australia

Rifles, including "assault rifles" (which are just rifles), are the least used type of firearm for homicide.

Define assault weapons
Also
>1 million guns
Thats pretty funny, Im sure 1 million was quite a significant number to them

>not as weful, it doesn't hav a fulding stok

The point of Injustice is that everyone in universe suddenly became stupid and acted completely out of character, this dialogue is just the writter being a retard trying to get that meta writting

N E V E R
E
V
E
R

>Worst mass-shooting ever

Implying.
We didn't ban shit and we've had no more shootings either, btw.

>no pistol grip
the bullets just bounce off!

>the aussies took away gunz
id say they lack imagination and creativity

False, read the research reports, doing that won't help
archive.fo/XChCw

Also, protip, comparing it to australia makes no sense, here in brazil we have guns essentially banned, for over 15 years, and guess what? It doesn't help.

Try to take my AR. Go ahead. I dare you.

>To be perfectly fair, there is no reason why civilians should be allowed to own assault weapons.

Sure there is. Guns are the first things confiscated during a government coup. For that reason alone, you should have the biggest, baddest weapons you can afford.

do you have legal assault weapons?

SHALL

Maybe eventually, but there would be a lot of drunk shootings in the short-term. We would have to at least triple our police force to enforce gun laws. There is a seriously dark side to our 'don't give a fuck' culture - nihilistic psychopaths are fairly common here. I imagine school shootings would be many times the rate of the US, accounting for population size.

Then buy that gun and stop crying.

Are we creeping up north and screwing around in Canadian politics? Is California buying out your politicians, too? Are their crazy, cultural-misfit extremists indoctrinated by childish propaganda crossing the border and shooting up your schools?

I've lived in one of our finest New Mexican "shitholes" for 30 years, and this isn't even an issue here. Everyone owns a gun, and nobody really cares. We don't live in fear of being shot full of holes, because the person right next to us is likely able to provide cover fire if you can draw in time.

just wait a second until i unlock my gun locker and load up these rounds mr intruder

Define assault weapons? Breivik's Ruger was perfectly legal

Buddy, it's not up to you to decide what I am and am not allowed to own. I've never shot up a school and never will. What exactly would taking away my guns accomplish?

>barrel extender

one that make it easy to kill a lot of people before being apprehended.

>another why haven’t we banned __ guns thread

Sounds like you need to relax, goy. Have you considered rosemary? Or perhaps sage?

Lol. I sleep with my rifle beside my bed and it's locked and loaded at all times along with the .45 under my pillow. Come get some faggot.

>no reason why civilians should be allowed to own assault weapons.
you shouldn't need a reason, edgy teenagers shouldn't be able to go and buy them off the rack at wallmart though.

so any firearm basically

tired of having this argument so how bout you ban the fuckin things and i'll make you regret it, agreed?

Why go to Walmart when you can just order them off the internet and have them delivered to your door Fedex?

Sage isn't pronounced like that in this context.
Lurk two years before posting.

Not to mention the crime has flatlined since, US crimes go down every year. At least you tried.

> implying assault rifles exist.

why do anything when there is such a high probability you'll kill yourself anyway?

Why ban guns when we could just ban murdering people? Seems like the right thing to do since people can kill other people by any other number of means.

low test weak b8 faggot

Because authoritarian parasites like you shouldn’t have the ability to put forth arbitrary laws banning/regulating what I can and can’t have in my own fucking possession if I’m not using it to harm anyone in anyway.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED FAGGIT

Australia also passed new gun control measures following a shooting in another country thousands of miles away from it.

Australia is a pussy.

Guaranteed this was a false flag set up to take their guns

BUT WHEN WILL THEY COME FOR YOU?!

2ND AMENDMENT
>2ND AMENDMENT
2ND AMENDMENT
>2ND AMENDMENT
2ND AMENDMENT
>2ND AMENDMENT
2ND AMENDMENT
>2ND AMENDMENT
2ND AMENDMENT
>2ND AMENDMENT
2ND AMENDMENT
>2ND AMENDMENT
2ND AMENDMENT
>2ND AMENDMENT
2ND AMENDMENT
>2ND AMENDMENT
2ND AMENDMENT
>2ND AMENDMENT
2ND AMENDMENT
>2ND AMENDMENT
2ND AMENDMENT
>2ND AMENDMENT

Lol. Guns aren't like your pitbull son, it takes someone to pull the trigger.

>are useless for hunting/target shooting
what are you some kind of retard?

Why were murder rates the exact same in 1996 & 2001?

It's almost like removing guns had no effect on murder

There is no second amendment right in CANADA so I have no problem with the federal government banning guns. I would even go a step further and suggest that the government add a tax to bullets-- like 1000% tax... make it harder for people to use those guns.