Sports show on the surface, drama underneath...

Sports show on the surface, drama underneath. Is it just me or does KyoAni do better when theyre trying to be a little more serious? And dont try to tell me this isnt serious because its a lot deeper then shows like Amaburi and Kobayashi

I think they're at their best when they're having fun. Which is not a comforting thought for somebody who absolutely detests fun and especially the idea that women might be having any.

Well good thing Free is all about men, so youre good

What I can say is KyoAni is worst at when it alters the source material to pander more to otakus.

>Free is deeper than Kobayashi
Joke of the day.Dumb fujoshit.

>deeper than Kobayashi
No.
But Free S2 is several notches above S1.

I dropped this because s1 was dull as hell.
Is s2 any better or is it just an experiemental animu to see if fujo sells?

i liked s2 a lot more tbhfam
and they finally adressed haru's autism instead of brushing it off as a joke

Are you serious? This was the worst case of pointless melodrama in anime ever.

>I think they're at their best when they're having fun
But Free! is shit. And they're only sticking to it for the fujobucks to back up shows they actually like with a bigger budget.

Source?

This.
In S1 the drama was more bearable than S2

This
Holy christ Free was absolute shit. I understand why the fujos bought it like hotcakes, but it was really fucking terrible, often cringeworthy.

At least it had amazing animation. That's all KyoAni's capable of these days.

Have you seen official art for Free? It's so dull and sloppy compared to how polished Kyoani's art for shows like Hibike is.

S2 steps up the game. It actually has a cohesive theme that unites all of the individual characters' stories and packages that theme into a very solid ending. It turned a cast of stereotypical good looking swimmers into people with their own dreams, hopes, and fears.

Also Rin isn't a faggot for no reason and does a complete 180.

>inb4 muh 2deep4u

>and they finally adressed haru's autism instead of brushing it off as a joke
too bad the conclusion to his arc was so retarded

Well he is retarded.

>watching shows for girls

what else would a little girl watch?