Is this good, or is it just military propaganda?

Is this good, or is it just military propaganda?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PKLq_etwRzE
imdb.com/title/tt0080736/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Only dumb burgers got triggered.
It was a nice watch.

the rape of nanking is jewish propaganda

It was okay at best. Worth a watch if you're bored.

Watch it and find out.

Americans are so mad because their own True Blooded American authors can't create military propaganda books with cute elves and thousand year old lolis.

With that said, Gate stop being good after volume 4 and brown elves are shit

It was decent. Kuribayashi was best girl.
Does the relationship between these two ever go anywhere in the source material?

The girls are good. Especially Rory. That's the best I can say about it.

how far is that in the story

>Kuribayashi was best girl.
The anime ruined her.

Its nationaliat jap propaganda and ridiculous. I only oiked it when the fantasy armies got their ass kicked.

>military propaganda
>woman and elves serving in a human army
no wonder nippon lost during real wars

It's fun military propaganda. Perfectly enjoyable as long as you aren't an autistic person who hates when any countries other than the one you live in are portrayed in a positive manner.

manga is ugly

SUGAWARA-SAN

Holy shit she's super cute in the anime

Even if you ignore the fascist undertones it was isekai garbage

>JSDF is so boring they have to use fantasy scenarios to write a story about them

Reminder that CR was actively censoring the Japanese flag, considered unfit for their audience.

Every American WW2 movie ever.

Manga is OK. Animu is fucked up, especially 2nd season.

I have literally only seen people mad about americans being mad, never the burgers themselves. I was in the thread when it first happened in the Manga, and people just had a good laugh about it. Where does this come from?

Moe

Not even once!!

It's fun.
I wish more isekai was like it.
It gets less fun and more silly as the time goes, but what was covered in anime is still good.

>Where does this come from?
The anime.

It's guilty pleasure.
Seeing perplexed "roman" army when they got massively BTFO after charging to a modern army really made me cum so goddamn much.

>manga has perfect animal girls with smooth and shiny fur
>anime are just shitty nekomimi

Furry shit

The reverse is good too.

That scene almost make me dropping this desu.
Fucking Japan really support pedophiles.

Here's your (You) now fuck off.

Army woman mostly look like that.

It was interesting at times, cringy at other times.

Manga is 10 times better than Anime.

I maintain that Rory is a classic example of a great character in a shit show.

I know this is fiction and not supposed to be realistic at all but wooden arrows destroying modern helicopters? That's some serious bullshit even at a fantasy level.

>example of a shit character in a great show

>wooden arrows
Retard.

Nah.
Those are magic bows and conjured magic arrows.

The first seasons' pretty good. The first two episodes are great. The rest are alright but pretty generic with a shitload of wasted potential. Rory is sexy as hell.
The second season with the elf infuriated me to the point of dropping it after one or two episodes. God damn that was painful to watch.

Just watch season one then move onto something else.

I really liked her.

If you said to write a character that's a demigod who is sorta tried with life and finds something new and interesting I think you get Rory.

All the vampire pilots had to do was sit 1 km away and pump 30mm autocannon rounds into their ass

But why bother when you have disposable troops you don't care about?

>elegant gothic lolita in manga
>shitty goth idol with cat ears in anime

Plus she's just so smug. I think she has the smuggest smug anime face I've ever seen. It's very titillating.

I liked the manga more where she made the last guy standing look at the mother and daughter his bandit group just raped to death. Rory pretty brutal.

They prefer to fight ISIS style.
youtube.com/watch?v=PKLq_etwRzE

S3 never
I wanted to see more Rory

Nah.
I rather want the manga to be released weekly instead of monthly rather than season 3

This is pretty dead on actually.

Fuck you and fuck the manga

This I love when something shows the power of a modern military against monsters, Deamons, or unadvanced life forms. Nothing better than seeing a dragon get shot down by a SPAAG, or. a Tank roll over a spear wall and blow a hole in some retarded giant. Or just the killing fields after a GPMG and squad mow down retards trying to form a shield wall.

Seriously.

Fuck anime.

>Is this good, or is it just military propaganda?
why would these be the only two options? there is no reason to believe that this is military propaganda. This is just a shitty show.

Any good Rory Doujin ?
Gangbang is a must.

Dogshit adaptation of dumb nip military otaku power fantasy. Read the manga.

It is military propoganda but you have to be aware instead of not caring.

if you are learned in politics and world affairs the propaganda gets pretty damn cringey at some points - there is also a pro-Japanese on the world stage slant, along with a bit of Japan vs. the world - but that's in most anime that features global politics. That said - the real world politics slant and the accompanying propaganda is maybe 1/10th the series. It has some great moments beyond that and they treat the power disparity pretty straight and realistically. There are no ass pulls and the resulting battles end up how you would expect. There is nothing about the JSDF that is really different from the American military really in how its portrayed.
Layered on top of that is your usual cliche harem anime. It's an entertaining distraction. The Author of the manga was the one that went to prison for tax issues IIRC so there was never a 3rd season IIRC - but the second season doesn't end on a huge cliffhanger from what I can remember.

the inconvenience of time or giving the enemy a morale boost when it could be avoided?

It's a BS scene anyway since the operating distance of the AH-64 from its targets are well outside the range of any form of archery - even if the thing were at ground level. Targets don't even hear the rotors they are so far off.

The 1st cour was great but the 2nd part... not so much, it became boring and generic.

Gotta be some of the worst fucking directing I've ever seen in my life. Split screen cuts every 10 seconds I swear to god.

I love high saturation low res gifs too.

It is good if you're Japanese and/or lurk Sup Forums

It's mediocre if you don't, but still enjoyable, if you like military anime like Jormungand

Barf

Shut the fuck up retard.

t. triggered burger.

Never seen this one before, where from?

Read the thread.

If you can make it through the first episode without tightening your hands around your own neck you should drink bleach and join them in the Gate

Post apoc show where vampires and humans fight

Lil of both? I understand the manga and novel are worse but the anime is about as Jingoistic as an episode of GI Joe.

There's really only part that bugged me was when some reported existed solely to pick on the JDF but it's very minor and doesn't really go anywhere.

it's just some sort of weird "gotcha" type thing that some people try and pull. Like a group of black kids who goad their one friend into wanting to fight by purposely misrepresenting what some rando said to him. "ooooooooh, he said he wanted mustard on his sub.... you going to let him get away with that?"

"oooooooh, America is the off-screen global antagonist in yet another anime.... you burgers are sooooo triggered!"

Actually, here is a question - is there an anime out there where the US isn't portrayed as some sort of evil global caricature?

I think GuP might be the only one.

It comes from the amount of hate this series gets on retarded sites like reddit. Don't ask how I know.

Manga >= Light Novel > Anime

>a Tank roll over a spear wall
That would probably never happen in reality. The soldiers would just leg it in all directions the moment the tank gets close.

Tanks can move pretty fast

That's why you use more than one tank.

Just call it what it is. Tumblr.

Meta data is a thing. Learn to read it.

Faster than a horse too (50km/h at best)
A Type 10 goes up to 70.

But there is no wall when the people are scattered.

But why would you? The battle is won when the other side realizes that you can't poke a tank to death.

So is the manga better than the anime? I've only watched season 1 & 2 of the anime and that was a while ago.

bland fantasy, military wank, out-of-place generic wish fullfillment and boring waifubait. no athmosphere is build up in any way and many scenes with the military are completely retarded from a tactical point of view.

this show is not worth watching if you have at least average standard. it was a trainwreck and still took itself too seriously to be funny

>it was a trainwreck
It was not.
Fuck off back to plebbit.

Yes. the manga is better.

It's a nip version of Battleship movie

>But why would you? The battle is won when the other side realizes that you can't poke a tank to death.

Their is a disconnect between a realization of ability and actually seeing that ability in use. You need to have tanks kill thousands, run over a cavalry charge, shoot canister and HEAT rounds blowing people up and moving with a speed an forcefulness that is totally unknown to pre mechanized military.

A general that watches his troops try and spear a tank to no effect will give a vastly different report than one that watched an armored brigade attack a dismounted infantry force at full speed and holding nothing back.
Even today, with joint operations between infantry and armor, the infantry generally doesn't understand just how powerful, violent and fast modern armor is when let lose until they see it first hand.

In a modern military action a breakneck advance that would make you question the commander as dangerously reckless is about 4km/hr. Or a grid square covered in 15min. A fast walk is a bit less than 5km/hr. Tanks can hit 50 to 80km/hr cross country shooting on the move, picking targets with first round hit accuracy out to 4km with the main gun, while shooting coaxial machine gun fire scoring head shots at 900m all day long.

>You need to have tanks kill thousands,
Not really you don't.
Seriously, wars usually don't involve almost everybody on one side dying. That's just a cliche from fiction written by uneducated authors.
The authority of the tank over the spearwall is not in its ability to run them over. It's the fact that it's a fucking tank. The very fact that it's made of steel renders the spearwall completely obsolete, and everybody on the battlefield knows it.
If you then demonstrate your ability to shoot a target 2 km away with pinpoint precision and reduce it to rubble then the enemy knows that the show is over. But not even that is necessary. The realization that the core of your military is useless is sufficient to end the war.
Modern infantry actually has a chance to defeat a tank. It's not a good chance, but it's a statistical probability. And that's exactly why the tank needs to demonstrate just HOW powerful it is to discourage them from trying.

You mean aircraft carrier movie
imdb.com/title/tt0080736/

>statistical probability
*possibility.

If you want to end the war with a single battle and not have to make more demonstrations of power you need your first example to be overwhelming.
It's not that a spear wall can't hurt a tank. It's that tanks are first and foremost infantry killers and operate on a scale and intensity that even today most military members don't understand. If you don't prove that, you are going to get hold outs thinking well what if we did this? What if we tried that?
Overwhelming force must be proved and it must be proved in a terrifying manner.

>Seriously, wars usually don't involve almost everybody on one side dying.
Which is why until we got to that level we had a major war almost every 20 years like clockwork.

The anime rush the source material but has far cuter character designs than the manga. It's definitely worth watching just for Rory.

>Overwhelming force must be proved and it must be proved in a terrifying manner.
Sure, but shooting them from very far away is way more impressive than running them over one by one.
The point about the spears being useless is made implicitly. You don't need to get close for that.

>what if we did this? What if we tried that?
That would happen anyway as soon as the enemy realizes that there are people inside the tank and that you can kill them once they get out. Then there's also the issue of them probably being able to purchase modern arms and use them against you just like Gaza keeps getting new rockets and stuff from the outside.

>Which is why until we got to that level we had a major war almost every 20 years like clockwork.
And we still do, except nuke owners don't fight nuke owners. And the power imbalance has grown so much that to a modern American being at war is nothing like what it used to be like.

Light Novel > anime > novel > manga

It's good fun. It has a bad reputation because it contains a plethora of autism triggers that made the threads while it was airing unbearable as the shitposting was rampant.