Digimon Thread

It has just turned midnight in Japan, which means it's 1st August.

That also means it's the 17th Odaiba Memorial Day.

It's 18 years since seven (eventually eight) children were taken from their summer camp and went on the most significant Adventure they would ever experience.

Digimon Adventure tri. part 5, Symbiosis, is released on September 30th.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/891861902040514560
youtube.com/watch?v=_EAzyVB7Caw
wikimon.net/Grace_Novamon
appmon.info/products/
withthewill.net/threads/16362-Appmon-Staff-Interview-from-Animedia
youtube.com/watch?v=mz492dH1xhk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

new PV
twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/891861902040514560

>September 30th
two more months

MUGENDAI NA YUME NO ATO WA

cant wait

That seemed to be a very important day in your life, but for me, it's Tuesday.

Reminder that high level digimon who look non-threatening are best

happy digimon day

Probably the only instance where higher than waist anything actually looks good.

Hows appmon been?

Remember to love the step child
youtube.com/watch?v=_EAzyVB7Caw

If you enjoy the characters that aren't Rei, it's not bad, just a lot of clever monster of the week in terms of portraying Appmon, every Appmon of the week fight is themed around what it can actually do as an App, Plot is fleeting in the first half, picks up in the second and it's overall pretty nice to watch from that point on.

Using CGI for the evolved Appmon's have been the smartest move because it means they aren't affected by Toei's shoddy animation quality

It's impossible for a girl that young to have a hips and waist like that.

who is this?

GraceNovamon which is the jogress of Apollomon and Dianamon.

wikimon.net/Grace_Novamon

>it's Tuesday
More like Monday.

Good

Maybe it is just me but the first half really felt like a waste of time, since it was all about getting the sevencode appmon and awakening dantemon to go to the deep web, but dantemon gets turned to stone in the very episode he got introduced and tbey went to.the deep web for literally one episode untill they bailed out and never even attempted to go back.
UUUNRYUUUUUUJIIIIIII...... Naito did nothing wrong and was totally justified.

GALAXY BUSTER OMEGAMON X

>18 years already

Fuck, who /old/ here?

say, does anyone have the single for the insert song that was played during Digimon Universe "Gatchon" I think?

I'm almost 30 and I remember the very first episode I ever watched of the series in full detail,

actuallly truth.
except for the gay Angemon in tamers

That's an egg with legs...

Feels a bit like a waste since they never go back due to having to focus on Yuujin all of a sudden, then the moment his intro is done Knight shows up and it's about him and L Corp. At least they're going back next week to look for Bootmon.

The only inserts that's been used are the first OP and Be My Light, the song here and that's on the single for the second OP.

NANIMO NAI YO NO NAKA JA

Still the best girl.

I am glad that they finally added an insert song, I was really missing that since digimon without insert songs is.just wrong.
Also that hajime is probably fake right or do you think that is the real hajime and them getting him back was just part of leviathans plan?

I do think Nakagawa's OST was good enough to carry the show so I didn't mind not having inserts.
Hajime's probably real, he'd already made Bootmon for Leviathan and there's still double-agent Yuujin sitting around waiting to be used for when they get to Bootmon, after all Appmon still have quite a lot of episodes left, 9 to be exact.

I even remember the commercials that were aired right before the first episode.

;_;

I never got to see the first episode premire as it conflicted with Pokemon on Kids WB. And no I was not one of those kids who wrote off Digimon as a Pokemon ripoff but just had no interest in Digimon at the time. I didn't see it until the begining of the Vamdemon arc when Taichi and Koromon had just returned to the Digital World.

Incest fags ruined adventure threads forever.

not that old, just 21, we had Adventure dubbed on tv 2 years after the original airing, so i was 5 when i watched the 1st episode, we got the original OST fortunately

>Appmon still have quite a lot of episodes left, 9 to be exact.
I know it is motw kids show, but now that you mention it doesn't feel like a lot has happend in forty episodes compared to other digimon series.
I mean I like it since I kept watching it every week, but I think it would have been better if they shaved it down to 2 cours.

For all my fucking life since I was a kid I've been happy remembering how cute and perfect these two were together, then incest fags come here and begin to spam their shit trying to ruin my childhood.

Ah Takarifags... I was one long ago I even shipped their partners because toei shoved the matching set in my face constantly. Now Bamco has gotten into the bullshit reawakening my inner child shipperfag.

Even 3 cour would have been fine, just cutting some of the motw stuff out. Bandai and Toei probably just figured 4 was fine since they'd given to show to people who are used to handling similar franchises:

For Series Director they had hired Go Koga who previously had the same role on DokiDoki Precure so they knew he had experience in a 4-cour show.
For Series Composition they picked Yoichi Kato who's done a lot of super long children's toy commercial anime; Aikatsu, Duel Masters (the newer ones) and fucking Yokai Watch.

Other reason for the slower pace is of course also due to the gimmick toys for Appmon which are pretty much unique when you look at Digimon in general. The AppliDrive fills the role of the old Digivices as the main toy, nothing special there, however it's the Appmon Chips that matters here and why they're using a motw format, since buying Appmon chips is just random chance packs outside the few specifics included with the AppliDrive and AppliDrive Duo.
appmon.info/products/

I gues so, but I feel like they could have done better with motw form since adventures and other series also had a new mon introduced every week, maybe I am.just kinda salty that they didn't explore the deepweb/digital world more like the others shows, but then again they probably went for an even younger audience then usual so that is why it isn't as plot driven/character driven as usual and why even the ultimate 4 was kinda jokey.

>Yokai Watch
That explains alot. Yokai Watch never clicked with me so neither did Applimon. I may come back to it years later as I did with Savers.

TRI IS SHIT

I wish they would just fuck already.

It's a pretty young age group yes.

There's one other aspect of Appmon worth looking at to really explain everything it's been doing, and that's what they actually wanted to do with it which was explained in the staff interview. The tl;dr of it is that they wanted to create a modernized Digimon made for the 21st century which involved breaking the "curse" of Digimon Adventure and throwing away elements the other series' had kept as a key story element.

The entire interview is pretty interesting anyway. withthewill.net/threads/16362-Appmon-Staff-Interview-from-Animedia

It really is terrible. I defended it saying it will pick up in the second film but it never did. Tri would be better with better direction and it being a tv anime.

>Appmon still have quite a lot of episodes left, 9 to be exact.
no news of a following season or series, yet?

When did Hiroyuki Takei become an artist for Digimon?

Yamato has a new look.

Doesn't seem like, unless it gets a very last minute announcement.

GAY

What did Taichi do? and who owns those goggles?

Happy 8/1 everyone (though it's still 7/31 here)

When did Yamato start building Boomers and fighting kNight Sabers?
>met the Martian Chicken Illuminati

Dark Ocean arc incoming

When did that happen?

I miss Koji Wada

Is that Kayneth?

Don't we all

Even today, I still hold the opinion of the scene where TK punches the shit out of Ken being one of the best things the series has ever done.

Punching in Digimon is always great.

>implying that's a problem

Isn't it just?

did someone mention PUNCHES?
youtube.com/watch?v=mz492dH1xhk

It was a very impactful moment for those of us who knows his back story, and one of the few things 02 did right

Amazing how in a series full of giant monsters shooting laser beams and fire and stuff at each other, a simple punch still holds more impact.

It's because it's very physical and they can get away with showing it having impact and damages, instead of weapons and lasers and missiles

Did... did Taichi atone himself from his cowardice?? Or did he betray the chosen children because they became warmongering jerkasses who don't think on the consequences of this battle??

At this rate, i'm expecting a new fistfight between Taichi and Yamato.

Special move is "Eclipse Finger"

God I'm hype.