What are even his qualifications that he was able to make a time machine?

What are even his qualifications that he was able to make a time machine?
> Did he major in anything? >What subjects does he take?

He's just smart

I think that he was just dedicated. Later on he became smarter.

Intellectual more like it

>What are even his qualifications that he was able to make a time machine?
The time machine was a mistake at first

he messes around with a microwave and he accidentally discovers time travel. Its not like he specifically was building a time machine initially

What about the other gadgets at future lab? Did he make them by himself because that would imply he has experiance in electrical engineering

Well, we know he was in the same university as Daru so he definitely wasn't just average.

He ripped off SERN's research.

He was the ideas guy. Daru is the one who actually build all the stuff.

this + Okabe was chunny enough to study physics and go to some meetings about science

Than what was he even good at? We know that he's smarter than average and intellectual but aside from that does he have qualifications in anything? Are we told what classes he takes in steins gate 0?

Does it really matter? Just assume he was doing theoretical physics.

he has denji renji technician license.

It bothers me that he calls himself a mad scientists and is doesn't even have any experiance or qualification in science related fields

And whats that?

He wouldn't be a chuuni if he had either those.

In the pic? that's the time machine.
I was just shitposting about the license tho (denji renji = microwave oven), he probably has the knowledge to fiddle with them still.

But he actually is smarter than most people though IQ wise

We need more anime with college students revolving around SCIENCE instead of high school students with love and friendship.

Being one of the few people that can actually verify time travel mechanics

This

>implying SCIENCE in steins;gate isn't just a proxy for exploring relationships

Wasn't it mentioned in S;G0 or somewhere that he was studying electrical engineering?

This. At least this is what is written on the Steins;Gate wiki.

IIRC its in the supplementary materials but Electrical Engineering or something like that.

First time was the freak accident, future attempts were because he had looped so many times he had memorized Kurisu's instructions. He knew that he had to connect Wire A to Item B, but he wouldn't understand the mechanics behind it.

Well thats dumb, I expected him to be more of an intellectual

he drank Dr.P which makes you smarter

It's important to note that he was a valuable idea guy who had great ideas, had a solid understanding of what could be done and gave the team direction. He's not a useless clinger on.

He at least had access to a university lab where he could analyze stuff. He studies engineering too.

And he does invent that device in the future which can tell major events in time will change when the numbers are above 1. This had to take deep knowledge of theoretical physics and electrical engineering

Exactly. Far too many people write him off.

zero anime when

It should be next season.

mad SCIENTIST

Well physics is kind of general and you can do a lot by just understading the basics of electricity, knowing basic components you can by from stores and how they interact.
Then his hobby might have been just repairing or building tech form scrap.
You don't need to graduate from university to do that.

>It bothers me that he calls himself a mad scientists and is doesn't even have any experiance or qualification in science related fields
So what you're saying is, is that he's mad.
Checks out to me.

>I have never read the VN
Secondaries get out of my board

Well the first one was an accident.

And he does manage to build a real, proper time machine in the future.

>tfw only 2 or 3 people know that Okabe was an electrical engineering major at Tokyo Denki

>What are even his qualifications that he was able to make a time machine?

he's actually an undergraduate physics student at tokyo u.
In short, behind all his chuuni bullshit he's actually rather brilliant.

Tripped into the discovery dick first. Shit isn't unheard of in scientific discoveries.

He's smart, but Kurisu is the genius here

Is Okabe ugly ?

He does know physics, he's quite the good student, and Okabe learned how to build a time machine because he paid attention to Kurisu explaining it, which is mentioned in Steins;Gate 0. Besides, the one who actually built the time machine was Daru, along with the other gadgets.

This. The VN explains that he and Daru are both students at a nearby university, I believe Okabe is studying electrical engineering. During 0 he's working on neuroscience to continue Chris' work.

The time machine was a complete fluke. He was just fucking around with Daru and got (un)lucky.

No what the fuck, Okabe literally just created it and changed the number from a subjective point of view depending on how much he thought the worldline had changed from the previous one. Even then, he still does know a decent amount of physics.

>Okabe literally just created it and changed the number from a subjective point of view depending on how much he thought the worldline had changed from the previous one
You just pulled that straight out of your ass. I've read both the original VN and 0 and neither of them says this.

How do you explain the divergence meter functionality in Beta's time machine, or the fact that the meter "glitched" on Omega world line?

>literally just created it and changed the number from a subjective point of view depending on how much he thought the worldline had changed from the previous one.

What drugs are you on and where can I get some?

>Implying science stuff between college students doesn't make for a better excuse than High school setting and shenanigans #112312681 like the sports festival! 2 weeks of summer vacation! school trips! a meido cafe! and more!

I don't think bringing up the meido cafe helps your point

he just microwaved a banana and got lucky

Neither the summer vacation, as they were just dicking around during it.

Oh shit, I forgot.

I know I'm right though, user. Exploring relationships is more entertaining if the setting itself is unexplored

That's literally the only realistic way for it to work, there's no science behind it, the "original" Okabe just built it and gave it an arbitrary number based on how much the events differed from the previous worldline, it's also more noticeable with events like Psycho Nae, where the worldline changes much more, or Mayuri dying just slightly different and the worldline barely changing. That's all he had to do, and there's no way to predict how much the worldline would change and give it a number without literally being god. Besides, the conditions for him to build the divergence meter were perfect, he has Reading Steiner so he can actually evaluate (even if subjectively) the change and he was able to give it to Suzuha all the time to make sure it reached the past Okabe.

Like all great inventions it was a fluke, then he repeated the conditions, then he manufactured the conditions.

I remember that Mr Braun mentioned it in his spinoff manga

Yeah, I always thought he specifically said electrical engineering but I guess the questions still remains.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but wasn't Okabe one of the few people who retained memories when time travel occurred? It seems to me that others may independently have invented time travel but had their memories wiped out immediately upon using it. So if the question is "why is he so special that he could invent time travel?" I think the answer is probably that he wasn't. What's special is the exceedingly rare combination of the ability to both invent time travel and retain memories of it.

Maybe it receives a signal from the Okabe who went past the event horizon to the outside of time. I mean it has to be special if he still has it in the alpha worldline before meeting Suzuha

Or maybe, just maybe, he was able to consistently calculate an objective reference point in each worldline.

How people still fuck this up is beyond me.