Most important modern shonen

What do you see as most important best shonen in manga history? I mean like shonen have brought something new in shonen scene. In my opinion FMA, HxH. Not generic shit like Boku no Hero Academia. What do you think?

Lucky Star

>generic shit

Don't delude yourself, son. By definition, al shonen are "generic". The difference is about how do you use those tropes. BNHA plays into the strengths of the genre and reminds you of why you like shounen in the first place.

It's better than Magi btw.

You couldn't have made more blatantly obvious that made this thread just to trigger BNHAfags.

I like bnha but really is as generic as you can get i dont know why people praise it so much

probably psyren, and then next to magi and FMA
HxH is too dull as a "new" generation of shonen

I know right. BnH pretty much uses shonen tropes from other shonen series then does their own spin of it but better and it works

there is no spin though

you can like bnha but its a generic copy of naruto from chapter 1 to the latest chapter

heck there is even a copy of naruto vs neji (deku vs the flame dude)

This explains a lot

I fucking hate Cassim.
>my precious childhood friend Alibaba just saved my beloved empire
>nah, I hate him anyway

Wan Piss > NnT > shit

>but better and it works
yeah m8, just like when in every battle, character was flashbacking too

>It's better than Magi

Gee man, you sure? One series has adventure, philosophy, an artstyle, and unique characters.

The other is just X-men for children with the most generic looking characters, powers, and abilities you've ever seen.

What spin? I don't remember any spin in BnH.

>magi
I hope you're joking. Magi went to compete shit after that giant flashback arc. It's one of the biggest wastes of potential I've seen.

This is actually my first time seeing a pic of the Mangaka for Boku no Hero. Is the Mangaka actually a trap or a girl?

wrong

Most important shonen is going to be Dragonball or DBZ.

Probably the best shonen in critique would be something along the lines of FMA, HxH, or Biscuit Hammer.

>Generic and great are mutually exclusive
I want plebs to leave Sup Forums

Isn't generic just unoriginal?

MHA doesn't invent or try anything new at all. It doesn't attempt to make anything in it's world interesting.

That's why I'd consider it generic. It's by-the-numbers shonen that really only appeals to people who have never read other shonen.

Fma has some of the best story and character development of all time.

Dragon Ball.

Is English not your first language or do you just lack the ability to think critically? user is saying that something being generic doesn't mean that it can't be great. People itt are acting that just because something is generic it automatically equates to it being shit. You don't have to reinvent the wheel, most literature, or any type of media for that matter, is usually just recycled tropes. You should rarely expect something to try anything completely new.

Any word on Fullmetal Alchemist?

He's just a pretty boy

I'm around chapter 150 of HxH and holy shit can I not stand it. Please never put it next to FMA. The art is awful, and the story generic. Maybe I grew out of this crap, I don't know, but even fucking Toriko was better to me - it at least had style, batshit crazy one, but something. HxH is just boring scribbles.

gintama used to be unique untill the last few arcs , i think it's the destiny of all shonen to become generic and stupid

Whole genre is shit since Dragonball, which turned to shit towards the end. Hokuto no Ken is probably the only one worth reading/watching. Any notable recent titles are all bottom of the barrel soap operas with kung-fu magicks.

Pre-TS OP, Hunter X Hunter, Dragon Ball, not Magi.

Mobile Suit Gundam

>Shonen thread
>No Dragon Ball
>No One Piece
Are you guys not even ashamed of yourselves?
There's a limit to being a contrarian fuck.

Shhhh, they don't know.